Prince Of Persia - Gen. Discussion & Info

Damn, what is the deal with Gamestop? Are they ever going to ship this damn game? Kinda wish I spent more and got it from Amazon with overnight. I'd be playing it right now instead of checking my e-mail all day.

[quote name='zewone']Unrelated.[/quote]

Good to hear. This will probably be the nest game I get.

I still want to play all the previous games at some point, though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so hyped for this game, pre-ordered it and all.....then GS had to have that fucking B2G1 sale so I added about 6 games to the backlog. ;) Now I cant justify buying PoP full-price when I have so many recent games to blow through. Guess this will have to wait ....til spring!

[quote name='zewone']
He really stinks.
[/QUOTE]

Nolan North stinks? No.

Miscast? Definitely.

Stinks? Get the dicks out of your ears.

I was going to get this day one, but its a 20 dollar purchase now. The game looks like it holds your hand entirely too much, and looks like its way to easy.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Yeah, where exactly can you find the code? And is it a one-time use DLC or like a "cheat"?[/QUOTE]

I haven't looked at the code yet, but it is a sticker on the outside of the case. Very similar to the instant coupons you find on the outside of grocery products. It unfolds after you peel it off.

*edit - it's a 9 digit code and looks to be unique.

[quote name='infamyRISE']Nolan North stinks? No.

Miscast? Definitely.

Stinks? Get the dicks out of your ears.[/QUOTE]

What did he do that made you fall in love with him? As far as I'm concerned, his two major roles he's played are annoying.

Picking up my copy from GS after work today. Good to hear the reviews have been positive so far. Kinda lame all the achievement pics are the same blue flame, but in the end if that is my only gripe I can live with it.

Wow, Gamestop still didn't ship mine yet. What a clusterfuck. I can't cancel either because the indefinite processing status (despite being labeled "backordered") locks out order cancellations. At least the order e-mail had a link to a survey to describe your experience with Gamestop.

Played it today a little.. it's okay, but the thing that I loved about the Prince of Persia games was the challenge of them.. in this one, you can't die, the chick always saves you.. takes the fun out of it.

Ah.. well, I just played towards the beginning, and if I fell off something, she'd pull me up. If I was being attacked and it cut to a QTE and I missed the button or hit the wrong one, she was there to block the shot and save me.

I'll definitely give it a rent, though.

Yeah, if you miss the button in the battle and she has to save you, the enemy you were fighting regains their health.

Oh, and for those that are curious about the LE case.. it's just the normal game inside of the cardboard outer LE case. That made me mad, but the LE was free, so I guess we get what we pay for.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Wow, Gamestop still didn't ship mine yet. What a clusterfuck. I can't cancel either because the indefinite processing status (despite being labeled "backordered") locks out order cancellations. At least the order e-mail had a link to a survey to describe your experience with Gamestop.[/quote]

Same here. And I paid $10 for overnight shipping...that's the first and only time I'll do that. :bomb:

Oh and I did finally get through that processing status, but it still gave an error message. :roll:

[quote name='zewone']What did he do that made you fall in love with him? As far as I'm concerned, his two major roles he's played are annoying.[/QUOTE]

He pretty much nails his performance. That's what made me "fall in love with him". Annoying to YOU or not, his work fit Nathan Drake to a T.

Also, TMNT. KILLER.

He's in dozens of other things, too.

Yeah, he did fit Nathan Drake. Annoying.

He shouldn't have been the Prince.

I saw his list of games he's been in. Nothing that I like (I mean, I like the games, not his voice acting).

[quote name='crunchb3rry']So, are all the achievement icons the same "blue flame" picture?

[/QUOTE]

Strange... the PS3 version's trophies have individual icons.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Strange... the PS3 version's trophies have individual icons.[/QUOTE]

Putting all that space bluray affords to good use!

After playing for a couple hours last night it does seem like an odd choice for the prince's voice. I guess if Ubisoft decided they wanted a Nathan Drake Prince they went to the right guy. Not sure it makes sense with the time period/motif they were shooting for. I don't think you can blame the actor though, if they brought him in and told him to do a the voice a certain way and they didn't correct him or find another actor after they realized he couldn't do the voice they want, then that is on Ubisoft.

Overall I like the game so far, but I'm not 100% sold on the combat. I'll have to put a few more hours in to see if it grows on me. There is no doubt the game looks great though.

for those who care, the pre-order code for The Sands of Time Costume for the Prince, and the Farah Sands of Time Costume for Elika is 52585854. it's a universal code so anyone can use it.

Wow, the intro menu screen and menus are gorgeous. This game is a lock for any artwork-based GOTY awards. They put a lot of effort into everything.

I fucking LOVE the music, so that streak is intact, whereas I thought Fable II's soundtrack was shit compared to the subtle original masterpiece.

[quote name='TruVisionary']for those who care, the pre-order code for The Sands of Time Costume for the Prince, and the Farah Sands of Time Costume for Elika is 52585854. it's a universal code so anyone can use it.[/quote]

Thank you!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I gotta say though, this new Prince is pretty obnoxious. Way too Americanized.[/quote]

agreed

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I gotta say though, this new Prince is pretty obnoxious. Way too Americanized.[/quote]

Maybe I am crazy, but I think he is great...

[quote name='Liquid 2']Anyone gotten the Warrior Special achievement? What entails a dodge?[/quote]

Back + A or Left/Right + A.

Wow just got the game today from Amazon, since I pre-ordered I was automatically upgraded to the Limited Edition, and I've listened to the soundtrack and it's really good. Also the art book is nice, got it in a pdf form plus amazon gave me a 10% off my next game purchase for getting PofP, damn awesome. The reviews I've read is that it's too easy and there is a lack of item, moves progression.

Wasn't there a $10 bonus for pre ordering the game off Amazon? I tried searching but can't find the thread now. All I got from them is the digital comic. Anyone get a $10 bonus?

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, he did fit Nathan Drake. Annoying.

He shouldn't have been the Prince.
.[/quote]

He's at least better than the schmo who was Altair.

That said, I was expecting to be really annoyed by this guy, but its okay. He was good as Drake, but it'd be nice if they'd have kept the prince Persian.

Again though, anything is better than the putz who did the voice acting for Altair.

I'm loving this game so far. It's absolutely gorgeous and plays great. It's everything I wanted out of a new Prince game. If it keeps up like it has it will be my personal game of the year.

[quote name='Trakan']At least Altair wasn't as corny as this Prince though.[/QUOTE]

Lol yea it's like a bond flick with the character and that's why I love it. I can't remember the exact dialogue but he says something like Ready to reach for the stairs? and she's like oh how many times do you use that line. hahaha:applause: This game reminds me of Zelda and Fable II very much and I'm loving it although I think they could hold you back at the beginning with the combat so it feels like you gain better moves as you play.

I just got the chicks third power. So, I've got to be over half done at least. I really love the game.

I'm not too crazy about the combat. Main reason being I don't think I really know what I'm doing. Sometimes I get into a rythm of blocking and strking, then I can't get a strike in for 2 minutes. Everytime I try to go in, I get knocked back or smashed. I switch between the gaunlet and sword, but it doesn't seem to matter.

[quote name='Hoffer']I just got the chicks third power. So, I've got to be over half done at least. I really love the game.

I'm not too crazy about the combat. Main reason being I don't think I really know what I'm doing. Sometimes I get into a rythm of blocking and strking, then I can't get a strike in for 2 minutes. Everytime I try to go in, I get knocked back or smashed. I switch between the gaunlet and sword, but it doesn't seem to matter.[/quote]

I dunno, combat is my favorite part of the game. Once you get into the flow of it, you have loads of fun. I also find it a refreshing change from the other PoP games where you get gang-raped by 12 dudes.

I wish they would have tweaked the Assassin's Creed engine a bit. I don't like how slow you break into forward motion. For a game like this it doesn't fit. You should be able to haul ass.

[quote name='TruVisionary']I dunno, combat is my favorite part of the game. Once you get into the flow of it, you have loads of fun. I also find it a refreshing change from the other PoP games where you get gang-raped by 12 dudes.[/quote]
what!?! using time powers in SoT was one of my favorite parts. I'm glad the game wasn't focused on it, but it was still fun

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, and for those that are curious about the LE case.. it's just the normal game inside of the cardboard outer LE case. That made me mad, but the LE was free, so I guess we get what we pay for.[/quote]

Yea, I noticed this and was a bit bummed as well. I haven't opened mine yet so I'm curious is the Mini Guide, Art Book and Soundtrack, etc. in the sealed case or where do I get that?

[quote name='Wolfkin']what!?! using time powers in SoT was one of my favorite parts. I'm glad the game wasn't focused on it, but it was still fun[/quote]

Not saying I didn't love the combat in the SoT trilogy, I did. I just got annoyed finding out some dude had forgotten his knife in my face.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this game, haven't played it a whole lot but I've gotten about 100 orbs or so, so I obviously only have one power. This is a VERY fun game, I loved all three of the others and this one is no different.

Now that I've finished the game, I found myself kind of disgusted with how easy it was, and with the absolute lack of any real puzzles.
The combat, ending, and art were great, but the rest of the game was pretty terrible.

I think I'm going to replay the SoT.

I really loved the game when I first started, but I was disappointed by the end. I absolutely hate collect-a-thons, that's some Mario 64/Banjo Kazooie shit right there.

bread's done
Back