Prince Of Persia - Gen. Discussion & Info

Beat it today. Was kind of pissed I didn't get the achievement for beating it in under 12 hours. Didn't think I was even close to that but whatever. Pretty easy 700+ points if you're a gamerscore whore.

How could you not beat it in under 12 hours? Did you go for all 1001 Light Seeds before you beat it or something? The first time I beat it (Mind you the PS3 version) it took me under 9 hours and I had 700+ Light Seeds.

Just started the game and beat 2 of the 4 bosses (for the first time) and really, really enjoying it so far. Its very easy and fun, amazing graphics and enjoying the combo system. I was going to go for the die less then 100 times achievement but i dont even care about it anymore, i died so many times already.

Hopefully the DLC will be reasonably priced- I'm about to get this to review and this would be a great thing to have there as soon as I've finished the main game :D

Damn it...the announcement of the DLC ominously omits any mention of the PC. Watch them shaft people who own the PC version.

So fucking typical.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Damn it...the announcement of the DLC ominously omits any mention of the PC. Watch them shaft people who own the PC version.

So fucking typical.[/quote]

You know that PC owners don't pay for downloadable content, right? That's the reason you don't get it.

[quote name='KingBroly']You know that PC owners don't pay for downloadable content, right? That's the reason you don't get it.[/QUOTE]

You're talking about piracy, right?

If so, that's a stupid argument. People will pirate the game itself, as well. DLC shouldn't be different.

I just started this game the other day and am loving it. I'm going for all the light seeds so there's no way I'll get the "fall under 100x" achievement. Beating the game in under 12 hours will probably be a no go as well.

I love the original Prince & Farah skins and am just using them from now on. I love how they stay skinned in the cut scenes. I haven't tried Altair yet.

just beat this. Thought it was pretty good but with the way they left it I hope they make the next one more action and less platforming. I love platforming but even that was pushing it. Also, I HATED the flying power.

I can't effin believe they're not bothering to release the DLC on PC.

Last fucking time I ever buy a game from Ubisoft. I'm seriously sick of their shit.

I got stuck at the puzzle where you turn the wheels. Got lazy and didnt gamefaqs it and now i havent played it in weeks. Ill hopefully get to it soon and finish it up.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I got stuck at the puzzle where you turn the wheels. Got lazy and didnt gamefaqs it and now i havent played it in weeks. Ill hopefully get to it soon and finish it up.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought I was going to get stuck but just turned them a few times and eventually they lined up.

The 'corruption' pools puzzle took a little longer though. If you make it there, just work your way backwards. It'll make sense when you see it.

Just finished the DLC. It was pretty short; I got an achievement for beating it in under 2 hours without even trying. I listened to all the conversations and took my time, but still got it. For some reason the achievements don't seem to be adding to my gamerscore though...:whistle2:k

Still, probably worth the $10 if you enjoyed the main game like me.

[quote name='ihadFG']Just finished the DLC. It was pretty short; I got an achievement for beating it in under 2 hours without even trying. I listened to all the conversations and took my time, but still got it. For some reason the achievements don't seem to be adding to my gamerscore though...:whistle2:k

Still, probably worth the $10 if you enjoyed the main game like me.[/quote]

Wow, all of that and it was still under 2 hours?

I love the game, but man, I am not stoked about paying 10 bucks for that little. :cry:

This is a pretty great game, I beat it and sold it before the DLC though.
I wasn't very interested in the battles in this game, but the platforming was fun.
Elika's hot too with a smart-ass personality.
The only part that I didn't like was backtracking to get those damn light seeds.

I haven't played this game in a while and now I'm just running around trying to figure out what to do. I think I need to collect 340 orbs or something because the next powerup/worlds that are locked say that. Lol it feels like Prince of Crackdown but oddly I still have fun running and collecting em.

Edit: yeah, I had to collect 340 orbs, I was within 4 orbs of that goal and my 360 froze! >< Omg, had to do it all over again and unlocked the red powerup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked it up as a "rental" from GS. It seems really great for the 10 minutes I've played so far...pretty funny dialogue and 50 achievement points already hahaha.

I picked this up from Target for $15 and I really enjoyed it. I didn't get the under 12 hour achievement I guess I did get it* (I didn't figure out that you could warp until I was almost finished with the game, *damn the credits are long.) I can't believe that they actually had the nerve to name the last achievement
To be continued...

Well, I think they named it that because
you basically played the whole game for nothing. You were supposed to stop Ahriman, but when you do, Elika dies and the Price decides to free Ahriman to get Elika's life back.

Plus, don't tell me you thought that the story was finished.

[quote name='MasterSprtn117']Well, I think they named it that because
you basically played the whole game for nothing. You were supposed to stop Ahriman, but when you do, Elika dies and the Price decides to free Ahriman to get Elika's life back.

Plus, don't tell me you thought that the story was finished.[/QUOTE]

I realize why it is named what it is named but it still irked me.

Sooo is the DLC worth it even at a discounted price? I heard it messed up people's saves when it first came out but I'd hope patches by now prob fixed that.

After playing AC2 and AC, I've become more of an Ubi game player, and I've considered jumping into the PoP series as well.

With its storyline, would it make more sense to go back and start from the beginning, or would I be able to jump in with the latest game and figure it out from there?

[quote name='danielhonigman']After playing AC2 and AC, I've become more of an Ubi game player, and I've considered jumping into the PoP series as well.

With its storyline, would it make more sense to go back and start from the beginning, or would I be able to jump in with the latest game and figure it out from there?[/QUOTE]

The 360 Prince of Persia game has nothing really to do with the previous Prince of Persia games, at least storywise.

The newest Prince of Persia game is in between the old prince of persia sands of time and Prince of Persia (orb collectathon) games.

[quote name='GUNNM']its shitty they went back to the sands of time story line I liked the elika and the new prince's story line[/QUOTE]

I loved it too!

:whistle2:(

[quote name='GUNNM']its shitty they went back to the sands of time story line I liked the elika and the new prince's story line[/QUOTE]
I believe it was rumored that they are still working on one after this Prince of Persia. Sort of like how Call of Duty has two different settings. I think the Prince will have two different stories.

Just beat the new one ... Liked it, but overall I think the "reboot" one had a little more to offer for a sequel. I think a few people above have said as much so there's very little more to add here...

Loved:
Water-freezing
and
Memory "recall"
mechanics - especially when the two were intermixed during the runs. Could not care less about
flight
but thought it was decent during the end sequence. (I assure you the above spoilers are all in the manual.)

The main critique has to be spoiler-tagged...

Kind of slim on story here, aren't we? While I did enjoy Razia acting as a guide to the city of the Djinn, the whole "here's a page of exposition stuff" dialog seems lazy at best. Kind of thought it was a rushed production overall, several bugs here and there, one of which drove me nuts: At the very beginning of the Djinn city, where you're in a "well" with a lot of spiky wheels crawling on walls. You need to jump up without getting cut, and Prince is supposed to grab on to a ledge, yet for some reason he didn't for me. Twenty retries later he grabbed on to the damn ledge, proving once and for all it wasn't due to me doing something wrong...

I don't know if they would be as keen to revisit the Sands of Time storyline if it wasn't for the upcoming film, except that as a sequel connecting the first two games it does a shitty job - does the Prince mention his brother dying in Warrior Within? Sort of an important element of this game...

All that aside, the lead-in to the final battle is pretty epic. Don't get too excited, though - by far the easiest final boss in a Prince of Persia game I can think of, except for the very first Jordan Mechner classic, I guess.

bread's done
Back