Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Adam Rose got released even though the charges ended up being dropped.
Adam Rose seemed to have other issues as well as he was suspended before the domestic dispute. Rose was also not a valuable member to the roster as essentially the weakest link in a stable full of jobbers. King is a legend and icon of the business and someone who honestly doesn't do much these days. I could definitely see him being released, Brooklyn Brawler is proof that no one is safe, but I think they will probably end up taking Jerry off TV and maybe have him transition into a different role in the company. I have enjoyed his commentary on Smackdown though he's been a doing good work as a color commentator over there.

If there is any truth to the rumors that the assault involved a gun, he's done. He's probably gone regardless of what happened or who is at fault since Snackdown is getting relaunched in a month and they don't want the bad press. They might as well call up Graves to go with the whole New Era theme.

...Also, Jerry's fiancee is Bayley's age..

If there is any truth to the rumors that the assault involved a gun, he's done. He's probably gone regardless of what happened or who is at fault since Snackdown is getting relaunched in a month and they don't want the bad press. They might as well call up Graves to go with the whole New Era theme.

...Also, Jerry's fiancee is Bayley's age..
Jerry was married to Stacy "The Kat" Carter for a number of years and she was also much younger than him. Back in the early 90's he was also accused of raping a 15 year old girl, but the story turned out to be fabricated by the girl and the charges were dropped. I honestly don't think they will outright fire Lawler, but I don't think he'll be on TV anytime soon going forward. Pretty sure calling up Graves to do main roster commentary was already in the cards, looks like the plan for Smackdown was Mauro, Graves, and Lawler initially. It'll probably Mauro, Graves, and Phillips now. With Raw keeping the current, awful, commentary team. I really would like to see Rene Young do commentary again too, I enjoyed her doing it in NXT.

66 AND 27 JESUS fuckING CHRIST.

I am totally judging. That's disgusting.
Yeah, at a certain point judgments seem more permissible. When you're dating someone who is literally old enough to be your grandfather, it's just gross.

I also don't see him surviving for this. WWE has increasingly shown that no matter how long you've been with the company, you can go if you screw up badly enough. A domestic violence incident in which he also allegedly pulled out a gun and told her to kill herself? Probably enough to get him gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawler just released a statement from jail that can be found here. After reading his statement and side of the story, I believe him, I've had girlfriends who will drink too much and become very unreasonable and want to drive and put themselves and others in dangerous situations. Seems to me that things did indeed get heated, but Jerry just didn't want her get into a car and drive intoxicated. WWE did the right thing, but I really don't see him getting fired over this. He may very well lose his commentary spot though and be relegated to doing pre-show stuff or something else all together after this blows over.

Lawler's an idiot.  If every time she drinks too much, they get into a fight, why the fuck haven't you booted her ass out of the house already and ended the engagement (let alone get that involved with her that you're engaged to her?)  

Lawler's an idiot. If every time she drinks too much, they get into a fight, why the fuck haven't you booted her ass out of the house already and ended the engagement (let alone get that involved with her that you're engaged to her?)
Obviously you have never had the experience of crazy pussy. It is the best.

Lawler just released a statement from jail that can be found here. After reading his statement and side of the story, I believe him, I've had girlfriends who will drink too much and become very unreasonable and want to drive and put themselves and others in dangerous situations. Seems to me that things did indeed get heated, but Jerry just didn't want her get into a car and drive intoxicated. WWE did the right thing, but I really don't see him getting fired over this. He may very well lose his commentary spot though and be relegated to doing pre-show stuff or something else all together after this blows over.
He didn't want her to drive drunk, so he pulled out a gun and told her to kill herself. It all checks out!

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship Match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Kazuchika Okada

IWGP Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match: Kenny Omega (c) vs Michael Elgin

NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Yuji Nagata (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata

IWGP Tag Team Championship Match: Guerillas of Destiny (c) vs The Briscoe Brothers

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: Kushida (c) vs Will Ospreay

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship 4-Way Match: Matt Sydal and Ricochet (c) vs reDRagon vs Roppongi Vice vs The Young Bucks

EVIL vs Hirooki Goto

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Yoshi-Hashi) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi, Sanada)

Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page, Yujiro Takahashi) vs Captain New Japan, Togi Makabe, and Yoshitatsu

Dark Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, and Satoshi Kojima vs David Finlay, Jay White, and Juice Robinson

If you’re thinking that card is freaking stacked, that would be the absolute correct way to feel because it definitely is.

Details for Sunday’s NJPW Dominion 2016 are below:

Date: Sunday, June 19
Start Time: 3 a.m. ET (4 p.m. JST)

From: http://fansided.com/2016/06/18/njpw-dominion-2016-live-stream-start-time-match-card-and-more/

It was a pretty damn good show, the title change I expected was the only one that didn't happen. Not a fan of some of the booking decisions, but the performances were great.

What if Balor interfered in the Cena vs. Styles match?

Technically, he's not currently a member of The Club.

No PPVs in LA this year, but we're officially getting the 2017 Royal Rumble! That's one of the few WWE events/match types I have not yet witnessed in person.

I only watched very few of MITB (because of NBA) but what I saw was pretty great. 

AJ win against Cena thanks to The Club was understandable and it will guarantee another match at Battleground.

The MITB match was excellent, was hoping for KO or Cesaro to win, but...

Ambrose cashes in and gets the title. Now there will be a Triple Threat Match. 

I only watched very few of MITB (because of NBA) but what I saw was pretty great.

AJ win against Cena thanks to The Club was understandable and it will guarantee another match at Battleground.

The MITB match was excellent, was hoping for KO or Cesaro to win, but...

Ambrose cashes in and gets the title. Now there will be a Triple Threat Match.

last night was really boring in a way cause you already know who was going to in,

saw somewhere not sure where a promo that showed

all 3 members of the shield triple match at summerslam

and

cena vs aj in a steel cage at summerslam

so how knows what sort of lame matches at battle ground

He didn't want her to drive drunk, so he pulled out a gun and told her to kill herself. It all checks out!
His statement said she was the one who brought up the gun and killing herself. Jerry just got heated and told her to do it, we've all had crazy girlfriends get drunk and act insane.

Money in the Bank was excellent last night, not sure how much I enjoy Dean Ambrose with the title right now, but I am interested in where they go with the Shield three-way now, will it happen at Battleground or will they hold off until Summer Slam.

Just got home and watched it. Happy with AJ/Cena because it means the feud continues and keeps them occupied. Happy with Ambrose getting the case if Owens didn't. Ecstatic Seth won clean over Roman (I was expecting shmoz) and amazed at the cash-in. I never thought they'd pull the trigger on Ambrose, especially this soon. About time they respond to the reaction for the actual top babyface.

His statement said she was the one who brought up the gun and killing herself. Jerry just got heated and told her to do it, we've all had crazy girlfriends get drunk and act insane.
So you believe him, based on that? That's terrible reasoning for assuming his innocence.

No doubt the decision was made for Dean to cash in because of the brand split. Now they don't have to deal with one briefcase across two shows with different top titles. 

It was brought to my attention that "Stephanie McMahon" is an anagram for "The Macho Man Penis." I hope this knowledge has enhanced your day.

So you believe him, based on that? That's terrible reasoning for assuming his innocence.
Never said that I thought he was innocent. I don't believe Lawler said that either, I agree that the whole situation seems to have been blown out of proportion. I am assuming you have never had a girlfriend who acts like a maniac when she's drunk either, I unfortunately have had the pleasure of very similar experiences with girls who are way too drunk trying to drive, even getting as far as to getting into their cars and starting them up. You seem quick to assume he is a terrible human being though.

New Day calling out The Elite is the most interesting thing in a match featuring four incredible tag teams.

I can't wrap my head around how full of talent, yet utterly dull, the tag division is. Maybe a clear lack of hierarchy (i.e., who is at the top)?

Dean looked like a million bucks tonight. Voluntarily taking on Rollins and Roman in a triple Threat match, and putting both guys on their asses 24 hours after winning the belt. THAT'S how you make a champ look strong.

House show in Orlando this Sunday, apparently they advertised for it during Raw with a new match: Finn and Shinsuke vs Samoa Joe and AA. Makes up for no New Day I guess. Weird they have to go to Jacksonville when Xavier will likely be in Orlando for gaming Sunday.

Roman was suspended for a Wellness Policy Violation today... I totally didn't expect that. I also can't help but wonder if he failed the drug test before or after Money in the Bank.

Well, stuff is starting to make sense.

Makes me wonder if that mega-rumor before WM31 where he got a violation but they swept it under the rug because it would fuck up their main event was true.

Roman was suspended for a Wellness Policy Violation today... I totally didn't expect that. I also can't help but wonder if he failed the drug test before or after Money in the Bank.
I would imagine after, I mean why would you announce a triple threat yesterday just to suspend him. Now I wounder how they'll write him off of that.

I would imagine after, I mean why would you announce a triple threat yesterday just to suspend him. Now I wounder how they'll write him off of that.
Shrug. He'll be back before the PPV and maybe they want to go ahead with the match anyway? I dunno, that really seemed like it should be the Summerslam main rather than an in-between PPV. Maybe it will be at Summerslam also with a stipulation.

Also, that may be the first time I've laughed at a slidecage post that was meant to be funny.

I feel like WWE normally just ignores all suspensions on air and tries their best to pretend that the person being absent just really isn't. I hadn't realized the PPV was ironically just a hair over 30 days from now, which normally could mean they would just have some silly reason to keep him off till then, but the live draft is on the 19th and that will be harder for them to ignore his absence from.

The IWC comments on sites I won't mention are praising that suspension.

Pretty fucked up considering that he's just being told what to do.

When he comes back in a month and is in the main event scene they'll resume scornful bitching.

I occasionally listen to the PW Torch podcast with Wade Keller and Pat O'Neill so I can be reminded that some motherfuckers simply will never be satisfied by anything. I'm really starting to understand why wrestlers hate dirt sheet writers and internet commentators.

Well, stuff is starting to make sense.

Makes me wonder if that mega-rumor before WM31 where he got a violation but they swept it under the rug because it would fuck up their main event was true.
If you are referring to the one that was posted on reddit by someone claiming to be Rey Mysterio's son Dominic, yes the same Dominic that Rey and Eddie had a match for custody over. Sure seems like that rumor may in-fact be true and it would make sense that they'd wait this long to not further interfere in their main event plans. It's very obvious that they wanted to do The Shield triple threat at Wrestlemania this year, but couldn't due to Seth being injured. Roman has seemingly been in a series of filler feuds while Seth recovered from his injury, now that Seth is back in action, it makes sense that they would have each member hold the Championship at MITB so that they all have a legit claim to the title and with how the suspension is happening now timing wise Roman will be back on the road before Battleground and they can move forward with their plans accordingly. I think the former Shield members will play a major role in the brand split, but will ultimately end up on different brands so they want to get this match out of the way now since they missed the chance at Mania this year. Seems like they are trying to tie up a lot of feuds right now before the split. KO and Sami Zayn will likely come to a head at Battleground as well and Ziggler and Corbin seem to finally be done after having 40 matches over the course of the last 3 or 4 months.

Now I'm just really curious how long they've known about the failed test, before or after MITB.  You would think they knew beforehand but that makes the booking of this triple threat so weird. 

Now I'm just really curious how long they've known about the failed test, before or after MITB. You would think they knew beforehand but that makes the booking of this triple threat so weird.
It makes perfect sense to me, suspend him now and he will be back in time for the match. I honestly think that the suspension will be good for Roman in the long run to allow some time for the crowd to breathe from booing him for so long now. I tend to believe they've known about for a long time.

Meltzer reporting WWE knew about the violation before MITB/making the Battleground main event. How convenient that he's suspended between damn near the only two PPVs that are 5 weeks apart.  :rofl:

Seeing how they handle this on TV will be fun. I think they'll just announce it, they kind of have to. Will be interesting to see if they try to play it into storylines, though.

bread's done
Back