Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Oof. First fued gonna be with El Torito?

Once again, heartbroken, but not surprised, that being a good wrestler doesn't mean shit in the WWE.

I would think that the controversial video of Mighty Mouse sniffing a handful of "crushed flower petals" from years back would put a related character on the no fly-list.

Weird. They originally wanted to do the Mighty Mouse thing with Candido, but changed it to the *ahem* much better Bodydonnas thing, so that idea had been sitting in Vince's head for at least 20 years. Yeah, he needs to get the fuck out of there.

I know every previously successful but now old CEO thinks they're the exception to the rule, but Vince is definitely not. Dude is rapidly making it clear that he has no idea what he's doing anymore.

This was a show. Seth losing sucks, but I dig his new-ish gear. Loved seeing him share a ring with Hogan, put him over, and get a handshake. He went from being a Ring of Honor World Champion to that, and while it's come with some iffy gear, a generic theme and tron, and Billy and Chuck's logo being used for him, at least he finally feels like a top guy - even if HHH still feels like the actual top heel. We need more Ambrose-Rusev matches too, as that was easily Rusev's best match yet. Shame Dean is being wasted, because he's such a special talent and should be getting Roman's push right now. Loved Rusev getting BROTHERed and Hogan adding a sister in there for Lana too.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/12/wwe-sd-12-26-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/rw48pmk57po7rtnx84wwg54xz54vif99

There is a good opportunity to make Adam Rose interesting here, I doubt that they'll take advantage of it. I suppose they can't really imply he's some coked up wackjob, but he could at least abuse the shit out of the people that only want to party with him like it's some kind of Stockholm Syndrome thing. Any time someone isn't excited enough for him, "WOT IS THIS THEN, WHY AREN'T YOU PARTYING??" ::punches girl in Alice in Wonderland outfit::

I always thought the whole point of Adam Rose's character was to have the heel turn happen, because there's no way the crowd would get into...well, whatever the fuck he is supposed to be currently. Dude has a good look and is decent in the ring. I can't fathom WWE would put him into this "party dude" gimmick without having any plans for pulling a heel trigger on him and taking him white hot. (okay, actually, I can fathom it.)

i.e., deliberately creating a fan favorite the fans would shit on so as to make a magnificently over heel when he did turn. Deliberately planning what happened circumstantially with The Rock during his first run, in short.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know why the WWE Network hasn't been putting up newer episodes of Raw and Smackdown a day or two after they air? 

Well if they're going to give Adrian Neville a Mighty Mouse gimmick, at least have Aiden English sing the theme song.  Heck I would have preferred English to have that gimmick instead of Neville.

If I had to guess, I think that probably means Daniel Bryan is retiring from wrestling tonight. I hope I'm reading too much into it, but I know he's been in bad shape for a while now so it does seem most likely.

I can't remember the last time I had chills like that from a WWE moment.

edit - It was from Warrior on Raw this year.

Amazed to see Christian's retirement get a passing mention. Loved DOOM COMING when Brock's theme hit. Didn't like Cena being a pussy going after Heyman. Rusev vs. Dolph was fantastic, barring the shitty ending. Having Rusev in there with a really fast-paced guy like Ambrose and Dolph works perfectly. Ryback's long promo wasn't really in his wheelhouse, but he came off as very likeable and more like a human being than about 99.99% of the roster. Loved the tag title match seemingly being about Naomi's turn, but not having that and instead just going with a clean match with a hot finish and saving her for the post-match and a turn for a PPV or future TV show. Loved the wacky Shield recap video - shame it was for a TV main event with no hype instead of a PPV one.

Then they had Cesaro cut a promo on his situation - he stumbled, so he'll never got a shot and be mocked for "four ropes" forever. BNB - Brand New Body - came back, squashed him, so yeah, Cesaro's just done now. Harper killed Swagger in a dead match. Roman and Seth had a nothing match. Show stood out. Neither guy did. We got a shitty DQ, and they hurt everyone here. Wow.  Then stuff happened for a while. Ascension faced Miz and Mizdow - and thank God they interrupted Edge and Christian or that wouldn't have happened. Ascnesion "ascended" by kneeling and then standing up, so they don't even get a lift.

Cutting Edge Peep Show went on for ages. I was slightly surprised to see Edge get remotely physical - less surprised to see Christian get physical. Not sure why Seth-Cena is now a feud with PARALYSIS being threatened. After a long-ass time, they finally revealed that what Seth wants is the Authority back - I thought he'd want his title shot. And with that. With literally no hype or buildup, we're getting The Authority back after a month. OH MY GOD THIS DRAGGED! This was a clusterfuck of a show. It started off so promising and then became the ultimate hot shot show that somehow cooled off every main event program they had.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/12/wwe-raw-12-29-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/sk4q5iabk5xcqbuccqq4907pnhtlrh1k

BNB stole Drew McIntyre's body!

Ascension debut was rough - they both looked incredibly nervous and everything they did looked tentative and soft.  I do like their extra goofy Illuminati themed video at least.

I loved that ending with Seth though it probably could have lost about 5 minutes total between waiting for Cena to come out and the actual standoff.

It's so nice to be working with a proper villain again.

If they ditch the Roman plan and somehow Bryan ends up winning the belt again a Seth cash-in on him would be the most evil thing he could possibly do.  I think it might be the only possible way to get a crowd to boo the briefcase cash in at this point.

Raw felt oddly experimental tonight between the Ryback promo, Roman getting shit talked on commentary and then wrecked by Show, and Seth taking Edge hostage and threatening to cripple/kill him.

Brock was on this show and felt like more of an afterthought than he did when he wasn't there.

Is anybody else ordering the NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom PPV? Never seen New Japan before but I'm looking forward to it.
I've got NJPW World, but will be ordering the GFW Presents version on PPV just for the English commentary with Striker and JR. This show will kick 2015 with a bang and I highly recommend ordering it. NJPW is the best promotion in the world and the card is amazing from top to bottom. I am really excited for Nakamura vs. Ibushi, the four corners match, and the IWGP Heavyweight Title match with Tanahashi vs. Okada. I think those three matches will stand out, but the entire show is set to be an amazing one. If you have never see NJPW it will blow you away and you'll leave it with several new favorites to watch in the future.

I doubt they'll change anything regardless of what Bryan does, but I would definitely much rather see David vs. SuperGoliath where Bryan somehow beats Lesnar, only to lose to Rollins 2 minutes later. If they want to have Reigns beat Rollins after that, fine. Just don't make the main event of Wrestlemania Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar.

They advertise that the cheese they use is Velveeta? Someone is not tuned in to marketing in 2015. Yeesh.

Between Cena/Lesnar II (look, it ain't gonna be a great match, but I love the way they're booking it long term) and D. Brine's return (not to mention the RR match itself), I'm *really* bummed to not be in town on 1/24. I hella want to go to the show now.

Also: I want to order Wrestle Kingdom, but it's $45 on Verizon. That's too steep an entry fee for me as a casual NJPW fan.

Let's assume they go with Reigns/Lesnar, HHH/Sting, and Undertaker vs
Wyatt
at Wrestlemania. Where does that leave Cena? Do they put him against Rollins again?

They advertise that the cheese they use is Velveeta? Someone is not tuned in to marketing in 2015. Yeesh.

Between Cena/Lesnar II (look, it ain't gonna be a great match, but I love the way they're booking it long term) and D. Brine's return (not to mention the RR match itself), I'm *really* bummed to not be in town on 1/24. I hella want to go to the show now.

Also: I want to order Wrestle Kingdom, but it's $45 on Verizon. That's too steep an entry fee for me as a casual NJPW fan.
Find a way to watch it. You can order it on the Flipps TV app or sign up for NJPW World and watch it in Japanese for $8.80 a month!

It seems unlikely that John Cena isn't going to be in the main event of Wrestlemania for a second year in a row. Although, I was wrong about Daniel Bryan retiring, so maybe we'll get lucky.

It seems unlikely that John Cena isn't going to be in the main event of Wrestlemania for a second year in a row. Although, I was wrong about Daniel Bryan retiring, so maybe we'll get lucky.
Cena will be a in marquee match for sure. I 100% believe he won't be in the main event though, no one on the main roster currently would gain anything from having a match with John Cena win or lose. The main concern for Roman Reigns at this point is the crowd turning on him, which after I got to thinking about it could be best for his career. I think Roman would do much better as a heel than a face. He just isn't connecting as a face and everything he does seems forced. As a heel I think Roman would do much better and can get away with rarely talking on the mic to mask how awful his mic skills are.

So, I turned off Raw after the Bryan segment last night, since it was clear the last segment was gonna be all talky-talk, and featured Cena.

What happened that led to The Authority being reinstated? That seems rather abrupt.

So, I turned off Raw after the Bryan segment last night, since it was clear the last segment was gonna be all talky-talk, and featured Cena.

What happened that led to The Authority being reinstated? That seems rather abrupt.
Seth/Noble/Mercury/Big Show beat up Christian, then had Big Show hold Edge face down on the briefcase while Seth threatened to curb stomp him if Cena didn't reinstate The Authority.

It went a little long (the show went to 11:23 or so) but I thought it was well done.

Seth/Noble/Mercury/Big Show beat up Christian, then had Big Show hold Edge face down on the briefcase while Seth threatened to curb stomp him if Cena didn't reinstate The Authority.

It went a little long (the show went to 11:23 or so) but I thought it was well done.
Rollins went super heel last night and threatened to kill Edge. It was awesome.

Let's assume they go with Reigns/Lesnar, HHH/Sting, and Undertaker vs
Wyatt
at Wrestlemania. Where does that leave Cena? Do they put him against Rollins again?
is lesnar even to show at WM, i would expect him to lose the title to cena at RR , rollins comes down and cashes in the contract and wins with the help of lesnar. setting up a Rollins vs reigns Wm. Why would undertaker even return to wm and highly doubt Sting will show

"Jesus Christ" is about all I can say to that last post.

Sting not at WrestleMania? He's basically 100% guaranteed to wrestle there. There's also a 50% chance of a Hall of Fame induction, though that may come next year.

Even if Brock loses at the Rumble, he will wrestle at Mania. His last WWE appearance, barring a contract renewal, is set for the night after Mania. In what universe would it make sense to not have Lesnar work?

Slidecage & starmask: CAG team champions.

is lesnar even to show at WM, i would expect him to lose the title to cena at RR , rollins comes down and cashes in the contract and wins with the help of lesnar. setting up a Rollins vs reigns Wm. Why would undertaker even return to wm and highly doubt Sting will show
I am convinced Slidecage is missing more than a couple of chromosomes the more he posts lately.

"Jesus Christ" is about all I can say to that last post.

Sting not at WrestleMania? He's basically 100% guaranteed to wrestle there. There's also a 50% chance of a Hall of Fame induction, though that may come next year.

Even if Brock loses at the Rumble, he will wrestle at Mania. His last WWE appearance, barring a contract renewal, is set for the night after Mania. In what universe would it make sense to not have Lesnar work?

Slidecage & starmask: CAG team champions.
Sting and Lesnar are about two of the only things right now you could definitely say are locks for Wrestlemania. It's strange though usually by this time of the year we have a pretty good idea of how the Wrestlemania card is going to look, but as of right now a lot of the card is up in the air. I feel like Reigns and Lesnar for the title is a lock, but aside from that match I can't say anything else is a definite lock at this point.

Really hard to pin down where things go for Wrestlemania now.

I'm not so sure they'll end up going with a one on one match for Sting.  Maybe pair him up with some combo of Orton/Cena/Ziggler against  an Authority team captained by Triple H?

I must say that Seth took his heel game to the next level last night, plus he delivered what is now probably my favorite heel line ever (skip to 45 second in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZKsRs9pOxY

I think it's ironic that we finally get a decent RAW and Jay, who seems to like even the shittiest of shows, takes a dump on it.

I Still like the internet idea or talk or whatever of Lesnar retaining at the Rumble and Undertaker entering and winning the Royal Rumble to challenge him at Wrestlemaniaand wins it. Then following night on Raw, Taker vacates the title and gets a proper send off. Then again that makes too much sense and shows long term planning so it's not going to happen.

Friend reminded me today of this weird thing we saw many years ago related to both THE INTERNET and WRESTLING...

Whoever the person was that used to have the AOL name "Steve Austin" filled out his member profile (Name, Location, Age, etc) with "WHAT?" in every field.

Not a big deal, except for the fact this was a good FIVE YEARS before "WHAT?" was a thing.

bread's done
Back