Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Not had a single problem, not even a quality drop.

Philly with the John Cena Sucks chant with his music. Love it.

I had freezing issues during the tag title match on both PS3 and PS4 and I have Verizon Fios. But everything has run fine since then, as the Network does for me 99% of the time.

My brother in law keeps saying that Seth Rollins doesnt impress him. I f this match doesnt do it the guy has a serious mental deficiency.

This Rumble automatically wins. I suspect this is a one off but I hope he sticks around for a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least this year they took care of the crowd displeasing part way before the end so they can calm down. In theory anyway, it is Philly. The crowd still sounds displeased though. They have been quiet since it happened.

I can see Vince in the back all pissed "What the do they want? I gave them their favorite and they still aren't happy!" I think the announcers have been told to ignore the fans after the first couple Daniel Bryan chants.

I don't think I've heard a more apathetic crowd during the rumble match in a while. They've only had one real pop after that and it was for Mizdow.

I think the Reigns one was most hostile as the crowd has been like this since about the half way point. Even the help of Reigns cousin showing up didn't help kill the negative crowd reaction. It's almost like they knew this would end poorly and brought him in to try and negate it. Not working.

You know you suck when the crowd hates you so much that they start chanting for Rusev. The Rumble started hot with Bubba Ray, but was dead once Daniels was eliminated, and with good reason. Reigns winning what had to be the worst Rumble to date. Terrible.

The undercard wasn't much, but HOLY SHIT WAS THE WWE Title match amazing. It was non-stop highlights - like a video game match with a crazy finish out of nowhere. Royal Rumble was a clusterfuck, but I loved Bubba Ray's return even if he was a bit too hefty. it fits Bubba Ray, but it sucks to see him not in as Bully Ray. DDP was booked perfectly - shame Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan, or other modern-day stars aren't nearly 60 and retired so they could be protected too. HOLY SHIT THE BOOS FOR REIGNS. Holy God are they doomed. He got booed doing everything and NOT EVEN THE ROCK COULD SAVE HIM. Jesus.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/wwe-royal-rumble-2015.html

Screens -

Heyman - Master of the WWE Universe

I was hoping for a Benoit in 2003 post-match crowd reaction here.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0knjaxtcl8dkxlbnhymca537rbd5g1wg

Of course WWE will never get the message and Reigns will be champ and even defeat Rollins when he cashes in. This couldn't have been more predictable other than BUbba Ray coming back.

I've never seen a crowd quite turn on a match as fast as they did when Bryan was eliminated and the subsequent Reigns win.
They turned on Bray immediately after real hard. He had the crowd with him until then. They still had a chance to save the crowd reaction with a Ambrose or Ziggler win but the crowd just died. The reaction this year easily beats the backlash against last years. At least Batista was able to use it, they wont have the same benefit with Reigns.

At least this year they took care of the crowd displeasing part way before the end so they can calm down. In theory anyway, it is Philly. The crowd still sounds displeased though. They have been quiet since it happened.
If anything, it might have been worse. People still had hope up until #30 came out that Daniel Bryan could save the day. This year, they spent half the rumble pissed off at the whole thing. Only thing they could do was turn down all of the crowd noise.

I was a bit worried that the attempted Rock save would turn the crowd around (they seemed to start cheering for him a bit, but may have been audio sweetening) but they let it go on far too longer if that was the plan because the crowd had enough time to go back to shitting on Reigns.

fucking WWE. Cancel your subscriptions and torrent NXT like I have been doing.

PS: So this makes it three RRs in a row that ended with the crowd pissed off at the result? Are they trying to create a new Streak?

JP is right, at least Batista had the presence of mind to goad the crowd on and use that heat, even if it was more X-Pac heat than anything.

Rock's face when he lifted Reign's hand and the crowd boo'd was priceless. Well I'm canceling my subscription.
You do realize that losing your $10 a month makes no difference to WWE, right? Claiming that cancellation is sending some sort of message to the company regarding dissatisfaction with the product, or that it's supporting CM Punk (and you apparently re-upped soon after saying that) is laughable.

This is something I have seen from a handful of people, so it's nothing personal. I'm mentioning it here due to what you've said here before about where you stand. All you're doing is cutting yourself off from all the old content and WWE will continue business as usual.

Roman's quite a dick here. WHEN THE CHIPS WERE DOWN, HE COULD COUNT ON FAMILY. No, not his brother Dean Ambrose - The Rock, who waited to save him.

Matt, I took their free month and decided I would pay until the Rumble to give them a chance. I gave it to them and now I'm taking my ball and going home. I will heed Punk's words about keeping the machine rolling, they just won't do it with my money.

People backstage are giving Rock all kinds of shit with this interview and Rock/Reigns seemed to be on different pages as Reigns thought this was the coming out party of being Rock's cousin by Rock ran around those comments saying WWE is his family.

And of course the Stone Cold interview w/HHH is the day after all of the cancelled subscriptions.

I'd rather take that $10 per month and spread it among different video game Patreon's out there that produce good content like Kinda Funny, Pat the NES Punk, Blondenerd.com, and Angry Joe.

I'm really surprised they haven't tried to downplay the audio in the win replays of Reigns. Unless they are, and the boos were that much louder. If that's the case, holy shit.

Tonight Rollins proved he can hang with Lesnar. I can't wait to see the train wreck that will be Reigns vs Lesnar.
It'll probably be a train wreck if Rollins wins but if they are able to resign Lesnar and keep the belt on him then maybe not. At least the crowd reaction wont be as hostile if they have Reigns take it.

Free Gabriel! Cancel your subscription!

sadbunny.jpg

bread's done
Back