Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

We here at WWE would like to introduce our new Superstar, The Big Kahuna.

tna_samoajoe2_300x300.jpg

That's big news. Being reduced to a henchman for a faction does that to you, I guess. This makes him the hottest free agent since...AJ Styles. We should start a pool to see where his first post-TNA match will be. I'd like to see him do a series of matches around various promotions before signing anything long-term. ROH, NJPW, PWG, maybe a couple of others. I'm going to the ROH show this Saturday in Atlanta and I'd flip out if he showed up there. It's not a TV taping so it is a possibility unless his TNA contract had a pretty severe non-compete clause (or maybe he's been working on a per-appearance basis which would mean he should be free and clear).

You got it.
I wish I knew ROH was coming to town this weekend before I booked my snowboard trip in TN. Where can I find out about events in the Atlanta area? I just moved down here from Chicago not too long ago and I need my indy fix.

I just moved to Atlanta too.  Good to see ROH does shows done here.  Last time I was able to catch a show was Supercard of Honor when they had the Wrestlemania in Houston.  Got to see Kamala that show so it was pretty great.  

This is ROH's first return to Atlanta since Wrestlemania four years ago.  They've been running ads for the show on their site.  I have a Ringside membership so I'm on their site pretty regularly which is how I saw it.  I just bought tickets a few days ago so there still may be tickets available.  Here's a basic rundown.

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Saturday, February 21st, 2015
North Atlanta Trade Center
1700 Jeurgens Court
Norcross, Georgia 30093

Doors open 6:30pm / 7:30pm Bell Time

Matches Signed

*MAIN EVENT*
2 OUT OF 3 FALLS TAG TEAM ARMAGEDDON MATCH
The Briscoes vs The Kingdom (Michael Bennett & Matt Taven) w/ Maria Kanellis

First Time Singles Match
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs ROH World Tag Team Champion, Bobby Fish

Long Time Rivals Collide
Delirious vs #Reborn Matt Sydal

Roderick Strong vs ROH World Tag Team Champion, Kyle O'Reilly

Moose vs ACH

Signed to Appear....

- ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: JAY LETHAL w/ TRUTH MARTINI

- MARK BRISCOE

- "UNBREAKABLE" MICHAEL ELGIN

- PLUS MORE

As much as I like NXT, this episode wasn't so great. There are definitely things that would only work in front of a small/indie audience (Blue Pants, Vaudevillains), but quite honestly, that's part of the charm.

Crowd popped huge for Rhyno.

The Tag Champions had an utterly forgettable promo (dude, I can't even remember their names...Blake Murphy and ???).

Promised "exclusive footage" of Sami Zayn was a dud (and there's something really tasteless about using Dr. Amann - that's the dude Punk buried for jamming him full of antibiotics instead of operating on him, yeah? - as a teevee character discussing how he's assessing Zayn's health and well being over the phone and across the globe).

Solomon Crowe's return fell flat to me (tonight was the first time I'd ever seen the guy, so I had nothing to pop for and saw no reason to pop after he laid out CJ Parker).

I have no fucking idea what it is about Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady that people like so much - but whatever it is, it's starting to work on me, too.

Not the best episode, but they did at least clearly indicate they're going forward with Owens/Balor. I'm so fucking in for that match.

For Habbler and Cheap, I just found out the ROH weekly show is now on in the Atlanta market, Saturdays at midnight.  It's on WATL, 36/1036 if you have U-verse.  I don't know how long it's been airing here but it is a relatively new development.

For Habbler and Cheap, I just found out the ROH weekly show is now on in the Atlanta market, Saturdays at midnight. It's on WATL, 36/1036 if you have U-verse. I don't know how long it's been airing here but it is a relatively new development.
Awesome, I'll have to check it out. Been a while since I've seen it. Reminds me I need to ebay my old ROH DVDs.

I had heard a couple of their songs years ago, but the information at the link was all new to me. Definitely going to check out the rest of the new record.

He's a fan and he's taken his kid to see Raw many times. He's posted backstage pictures of him with his kid and Triple H along with other Wrestlers.
This, plus he never stops making wrestling references on The Daily Show. It's pretty funny. This one of my favorites:

http://youtu.be/YXqp71q25y0

Solomon Crowe looks like a young Michael Madsen. In other news, the youngest I imagine Michael Madsen ever being is 40.

Last edited by a moderator:
As sad as I was hearing Stewart's announcement about leaving The Daily Show the wrestling fan in me wouldn't mind seeing him on-air as a WWE personality. I'd even settle for him being on the writing staff.

As sad as I was hearing Stewart's announcement about leaving The Daily Show the wrestling fan in me wouldn't mind seeing him on-air as a WWE personality. I'd even settle for him being on the writing staff.
I'd actually be really disappointed if they hired him to be on their writing staff. He's a good writer.

Impact -

Great opening video for the gauntlet really put the rankings over huge. Then they had Angle do a blink and you missed it promo, followed by another one from Lashley. Wolves and Hardy beat the Revolution, but ate a beating and then Storm ordered Abyss to take out Manik so he did. CAN ANY TEAM IN TNA GET ALONG!? Spud and EC3's stuff was fun. Anderson was hit or miss, but they got the shaving stip over quickly with Tyrus tonight. Grado-Snow was a lot of fun, in part due to the commentary and them keeping in Grado's full intro with a knock-off, so you still got the clapping visually, but couldn't hear it. Galloway came off like a huge deal in the post-match deal and fucked Ki up something fierce. Knockouts title match was short, but set up an awesome 3-way program with Taryn-Gail-Kong.

EY-Tommy was a going through the motions version of every Tommy Dreamer match since 2000. The Mickie-Bram stuff was fantastic and right in line with HHH's bit about how you've got to make the female roster seem tough. Mickie came off as someone who didn't just say that she took no shit, but backed it up by attacking the guy who assaulted her fiance. She was a total badass, and it's a shame we're not getting this story on WWE's main roster with all three being treated like serious deals. Lashley is SUCH A BAD PROMO. Jesus. Get him a talker! 

Gauntlet was a thing. Good to see Melendez back on the roster. No one was given much time to shine here though until SPUD AND TYRUS HAD A FANTASTIC EXCHANGE. Spud ran wild with great running forearms, but ate a lifting Samoan spike to Spud. He took out Koya, ate mist, and got eliminated by Anderson. I dug the MVP-Kurt stuff. Not sure if MVP got hurt on the ropes or what. Loved the post-show video NOT COMPLETELY SPOILING THE SHOW FOR ONCE, and MVP-Lashley could be good.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/tna-impact-wrestling-2-20-15.html

Screens

WWE was right to fire Josh -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/r1rt8y69jj4bs4tgyk2cqjouu5rpmbwe

The way it dramatically zooms in on his butt :rofl:
This has to be a joke. It's a joke, right?
For WWE, when I want it to be a joke, it never is. Been that way since I started watching around Wrestlemania IV.

Never is. WWE doesn't do humor well in the slightest, or with any sense of subtlety. No way this is a troll.

Rewatched Impact via Unlocked - they put the EY-Dreamer match in black and white due to blood and Kurt's interview with Tenay was fantastic. I also got a shot of the show's script during the Taz/Josh bit -

Didn't Punk say in the podcast that the bump was hidden by his trunks? Either way all he has to do is present his own doctor's report and post pics of the scar (which he's already done I believe) and he's good. As of right now all WWE has is a bunch of creeptastic ass shots.

I still think this Punk/WWE think might be the WWE's biggest work since the Montreal Screwjob.

Is 10 Mbps internet speed enough to run WWE Network smooth? I'm at a hotel right now and they offer 10Mbps and 30Mbps packages. I can save a few bucks if 10Mbps is suitable.

Loved the pre-show's Ambrose stuff. Dean made the title seem so important in the past and for the future. Shame they've done this same kind of setup for the past half-decade. Opening tag had a great finish and excellent post-match with Orton, but the wrong man lost in a match with Rowan. With all of their issues, it's so great to see Goldust go out on big stage nationally with his father by his side. Cody and Dustin tried, but this was just a bunch of moves with a fucked up finish, a crowd chanting "boring", and a good post-match brawl.

Tag title match was fun - so glad to see the Brass Ring Club with the belts! Divas title match was okay. IC Title match was good until the fuck finish. Loved everything about the Bray-Taker tease. Bray shined and man did he need to. Rusev vs. Cena was fantastic and they had the right finish with a low blow and an Accolade pass out - the angle of Cena's arms was nasty. Bryan-Roman was very good, largely due to Bryan, who risked fucking up his neck further to get Roman to the next level. I think they're dooming Roman here as that match needs glue and with Bryan out of the match and Brock possibly on the way out of the company, it won't have it unless Brock has his working boots on to up his price. Show as a whole wasn't good, but the money matches delivered.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/wwe-fast-lane-2015.html

Screens -

Pre-Show

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/63r8uasszsw8gpiyn3bzc2n8jrd83gza

Main Show Part 1 -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/znmtliidpvl6mr2mcb5uhnt2tpnxoq0n

Main Show Part 2 -  

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/9w3fnp8l0x32bye1t6kgyj8fsg3j3x8d

bread's done
Back