Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Plz let Sasha and Charlotte be over for real  :pray:

That ending with Ric was unbearable, so they've clearly run out of storyline ideas. It's time to move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the crowd ambivalence towards the cruiserweights is that few of them have been given personalities, and "just a guy who is a good wrestler" isn't what WWE presents to the crowd (well, successfully, I mean).

If I were to say "describe Rich Swann in three words," could you?

Now, if I were to say "describe Kevin Owens in three words," you could.

I'm not saying the cruiserweights deserve Kevin Owens' time, but that they need to have some kind of narrative anchor or else the crowd is never going to care about them. Even if they put on great matches (and they do).

If I were to say "describe Rich Swann in three words," could you?
-He

-Dancing

Dance.gif

-He

-LOVES

-Dancing

tenor.gif
2uIeNrf.gif
wwe-superstar-Kevin-Owens-funny-gif-image.gif
tumblr_m2qp3wbpXD1qhjbxeo1_250.gif

He's Crossfit Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i20q5PWIITM

And yeah, they've left the cruiserweights to die out there with really no hype and continue to do so. I Really hope 205 changes that though.

First time in this thread, looking forward to Smackdown tonight, but bummed it looks like Talking Smack is gone.

With that being said though, thought Sasha vs Charlotte was great last night. I think the only reason why it's being dragged out so much is because they want to keep Charlotte's undefeated streak at PPV's going. I still enjoy this feud, but it's definitely gone on too long. I'd bet we see Charlotte win it back at Roadblock and then go on to feud with Bayley until Mania. The only thing that I didn't really enjoy about last night was that the No DQ match kind of undercuts the Carmella/Bella match at TLC. It'd be nice to see other women besides these two break ground in gimmick matches.

Huzzah!

By the way, y'all, Chikara season finale is in Chicago this weekend. Come see our fun-filled lucha super party (and say hi to me)!
I had to give someone my tickets, I get to have emergency dental surgery instead! :D/

I'm very bummed. It's walking distance though, maybe I'll stumble over there drooling on myself

Cruiserweights are boring as shit though.
You shut your filthy mouth.

Happy to see Alpha main eventing SD. I'll admit I fastforwarded through Carmella, I'll go back and listen.

205 Live was pretty good, I still hate the Bollywood Boys. Glad to finally see Jack debut and keep the music.

One of our Chikara regulars appeared in the last set of NXT tapings that happened last night. 

Huzzah for them and huzzah for us; hope it leads to a more permanent position for them.

IPW:UK is now a part of FloSlam. I think this is enough for me to subscribe. I want to sub for Progress too, but I can't(won't) spend $50/month for wrestling.

RoH Final Battle was a damn good show. Didn't care for either 6 man, but everything else was solid. Shock of the night after the tag title match.

I don't think this qualifies as a spoiler since it occurred on an NXT house show, but I'll tag it anyway.

Nakamura regained the title from Joe in Japan.

RoH Final Battle was a damn good show. Didn't care for either 6 man, but everything else was solid. Shock of the night after the tag title match.
Yeah, I read the results. I haven't been to an ROH show in a while. I live in New York, so I went to Final Battle a few years in a row, back when Generico/Steen and Nigel/Danielson were the main attractions. They lost a little steam in my opinion due to WWE pillaging their roster, but last night was the first time in a long time that I was jealous that I wasn't at the Hammerstein.

I don't think this qualifies as a spoiler since it occurred on an NXT house show, but I'll tag it anyway.

Nakamura regained the title from Joe in Japan.
Figured that was going to happen, kind of lame in my opinion. I don't feel like the Takeovers should "set up" untelevised houseshows, even if it created a nice moment for him in his home country. Plus, I'd rather have the strap on Joe - not a big Joe fan so he can stay in NXT, and would rather see Nakamura on Smackdown sooner than seeing Joe on Raw

Been catching up on NXT since I fell waaaay behind and going through Takeover Toronto. Yup, that DIY-Revival 2 out of 3 falls match is my match of the year. No question.

I'm pretty sure that at 5'1" and 101 pounds, Alexa Bliss is now the smallest person to ever hold a championship in the WWE. She's 7 inches taller than Hornswaggle, but he outweighs her by 41 pounds. 

Aside from AJ Style's sexy man butt hanging out, I enjoyed the PPV. I'm so glad they're ending them at pre-WWE Network hours and not dragging them on forever.

This whole Ellsworth angle better have a payoff of him turning on Ambrose and costing him the win at TLC. Something along the lines of him respecting AJ for actually bringing him in to Smackdown and giving him that first chance and resenting Dean for constantly getting him beat up, then not allowing him to show he could do things on his own and always having to interfere and steal his spotlight. That is honestly the only logical booking option here.

Wait, this is WWE. Logical booking ended when they stopped planning out shit a year in advance. Say what you want about the over the top character era of the 80s and 90s, you have to admit that the vast majority of the storylines were well booked and executed. The only hope that there will be a decent payoff is that this shit is happening on Smackdown because bookingwise it has been the more solid of the two shows.
WWE booking has been lurking here and stealing my ideas lol.

WWE booking has been lurking here and stealing my ideas lol.
We all saw that turn coming, and that wasn't his reasoning in the slightest.

So happy they gave Alexa the title, definitely the split mvp. Smackdown delivers a pretty good show. I feel bad I can't appreciate Miz/Ziggler anymore, do sick of seeing it.

We all saw that turn coming, and that wasn't his reasoning in the slightest.

So happy they gave Alexa the title, definitely the split mvp. Smackdown delivers a pretty good show. I feel bad I can't appreciate Miz/Ziggler anymore, do sick of seeing it.
Damn man, i was jokingly trying to take credit. I forget, unless I am a hardcore wrestling is my life, cosplay as my favorite wrassler and go to every indy show I am not allowed to have an opinion or make a comment around some of you people. Also, I made that "prediction" without knowing the future title shot stip from the night before, only knew he won the match via Ambrose helping.

Roadblock is coming up which means call me when it's Royal Rumble time. I simply cannot find time to watch the over-saturation that is WWE anymore. Even the 90 minute Hulu versions are tough. I stopped appreciating great matches because I see person a fight person b half a dozen times a month. Mixed tags make it even worse. What's special about a PPV anymore?

I hate being so negative, I really do. The shows and events have just lost their luster and I don't know how I can muster up the interest anymore. I can't fathom the fact that 4 or more shows are recorded a week and we get a PPV every 2-3 weeks.

The 3 hour RAW episodes are just the dogs balls, same with the 3-4 man commentary teams.

Dr. Venkman, the best way to look at is treat the "brand specific" network shows as a televised house show which is honestly what they are. They just decided to put themes to them and air them in a way to give more content and value to the network. The classic "Big 4" ppv's and accompanying NXT specials will always be the dont miss attractions imo. Everything else is just storyline filler with the occasional potentially shocking swerve thrown in.

Bliss was definitely the surprise of the night for me. Very happy about it, I like her a lot more than Becky, and I think she's done enough to deserve at least a mini run with the strap. I couldn't watch Nikki/Carmella without thinking about that Sasha/Charlotte Falls Count Anywhere match. For the sake of those two, I wish they hadn't had that match last week - it was at tough act to follow.

The new Wyatt family looks pretty awesome IMHO - pumped to see them defend the titles New Day style with Harper on board. I hope Rowan stays wherever the hell he currently is.

I think we all saw the Ellsworth swerve coming. As long as AJ gets to hold the title, I don't care how it happens. I think that Dean will do some over the top stuff to Ellsworth that'll get Shane's attention again, helping build toward a Mania match. AJ will go on to fight some combo of Cena/Taker leading up to Mania.

Bummed to see Ziggler lose, I still mark out for him a little bit. Daniel Bryan said it right on Talking Smack - Miz has the IC title because of that promo and the mic work he's done lately. He's upped his game and deserves it. I just don't really see where they go with Miz now, it's not like he can have a payoff match with Bryan. Who even is there for Miz to feud with now? Worried to see how they use these two now that their rivalry is done.

Lastly, Corbin/Kalisto was probably the best Chairs match in WWE history. That just means it was a pretty solid match, because these matches are normally cringe worthy. 

On to Raw tonight.. a drag so far.

Shit, I watch the ppvs but because I work weeknights I usually read recaps of the shows and hit YouTube clips. I wasn't trying to bag on anyone, tropes are tropes for a reason.

Apparently Dillinger had a Twitter back and forth about challenging Miz. Was pretty funny.

Shit, I watch the ppvs but because I work weeknights I usually read recaps of the shows and hit YouTube clips. I wasn't trying to bag on anyone, tropes are tropes for a reason.

Apparently Dillinger had a Twitter back and forth about challenging Miz. Was pretty funny.
I don't "get" Miz one bit, but he was on fire in those responses to Tye.

bread's done
Back