Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

fuck John Cena.

fark_QBtEBdZ3PNY5S0xDYXCzlYvECuI.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
30th Rumble in Philly? I hope they book Roman to win there again, they might burn the place to the ground and I would laugh.

They may have said two minutes but I believe they are doing 90 seconds. 

Or whenever the fuck they want.

They've officially done one thing right tonight.

Only 3 surprise entrant spots left.

Don't even have to wait for 30th Rumble for the fans to burn the Rumble to the ground. This is bullshit chant. Love the fans. Boo that man!

I don't think there has been anyone that has ever been LESS over than Roman Reigns.

That pop at the end wasn't joy from the crowd, it was a "Oh thank god" pop. They weren't really excited, just glad it wasn't "The Man".

Don't even have to wait for 30th Rumble for the fans to burn the Rumble to the ground. This is bullshit chant. Love the fans. Boo that man!

I don't think there has been anyone that has ever been LESS over than Roman Reigns.
Yup. And since he chucked Taker out, looks like Taker v. Roman for Mania.

And we might finally get Roman turning Heel.

There's no way he'll be a face, if he's fighting Taker. Taker is loved way too much by the fans.

EDIT:

Can't believe WWE just tricked me into being excited that
Orton
won...
If WWE decides at Elim. Chamber to book....

...Bray to win the WWE Belt, that I'm all for a set-up of Orton v. Bray at Mania.

You really think Cena is going to lose the title after having it for two weeks? Then what does he do at WrestleMania?
Good question.

I just really don't think they're going to have Cena v. Randy as a solo match for the 1000th time. They surely can't be that foolish. It's been done already. To death.

If they are going to do Cena v. Randy, there has to be someone else involved. Maybe a Triple Threat or Four Way for the Belt at Mania?

EDIT:

Cena doesn't really NEED a Belt, TBH. Any match he's involved in at Mania will likely be worthwhile.

Who's that?
A nobody who wrestles for a nothing promotion. He had a match this year that was so bad, Meltzer rated it six stars.

By all means, keep watching WWE for Kurt Angle's return, though. Taking 20 minutes in your day to watch a Kenny Omega match would just be a tragic waste of time.

30th Rumble in Philly? I hope they book Roman to win there again, they might burn the place to the ground and I would laugh.
The idea of having NXT/Rumble/Raw/Smackdown is super exciting, but there's no way I'm going to the same building for 5-6 hours per night four nights in a row. Current plan is NXT and Rumble (I didn't go in 2015 for whatever godforsaken reason I had at the time), and mayyyyybe one of the television shows.

If Heidi Lovelace or Kimber Lee are on the main NXT card at that point, you can bet your ass I'll be there to cheer them on.

A nobody who wrestles for a nothing promotion. He had a match this year that was so bad, Meltzer rated it six stars.

By all means, keep watching WWE for Kurt Angle's return, though. Taking 20 minutes in your day to watch a Kenny Omega match would just be a tragic waste of time.
Haha, so easy to get you worked up. I'm sure he knows who he is and was just messing with people, and you took the bait.

Well. Normally this would be the catalyst for Roman's really-real-it's-happening heel turn, since it follows the good guy gone bad playbook:

1. Loses an important match (or two important matches, even) fair and square - since the title match was no DQ.

2. Does something questionable to a beloved fan favorite.

3. Commentary hinting "something has changed with Roman" (during the Rumble)

...but this is your newer, dumber WWE...so I'm not sure what to think. Heel turn is long overdue, but it's not like that means anything.

------

I'm assuming this was intentional, but even if not - having Orton toss Reigns out last was a good way to ensure the crowd cheered the finish rather than shit on it, like they probably would have done if he won by tossing nearly anyone else out last.

------

Aside from Goldberg v Undertaker, Corbin v Strowman was the most interesting "what's going to happen with these two guys?" moment for me. Taker looked pretty bad, although I could see him getting in better shape by Mania.

------

Cena vs AJ was nowhere near as good as their Summerslam match. This took the WWE formula of "big move, then lay around during replay before doing another big move" and repeated it to a laughable extreme. Cool finish, that's about all I can say for it.

------

At least I got Cass being one of the first two right.

There were too many wasted entries this year but I marked out for Gentleman Jack as well as Tye.

I hope to god we don't get Cena and Orton again; it was like the feud that refused to die. It's really easy making another suggestion Cena turning heel but hear me out:

Joe costs Cena the match at Elimination Chamber. Cena attempts to bury Joe on the mic leading up to Wrestlemania. Joe finally accepts but on one condition: a submission match.

He somehow batters Cena and locks in the Clutch; Cena taps out. 

Cena then comes out afterwards and either admits or is told that he's a fraud because he "gave up".

Now you can have PG asshole Cena do edgy things and get cheered as a heel.

This Orton Rumble win should somehow end with Bray turning face. Also, please god, change his finish. 

With how battered Taker is I cannot believe they are putting him with Roman. I guess it's better than Strowman.

Goldberg taking the belt from Owens is a weird plan, more so if Lesnar beats him for it at WM. Lesnar has to win match #3 unless there's tomfoolery used to pair Lesnar with someone else in a new feud. 

I suspect Sami wins MITB this year to take the title off of someone they would never normally book him to beat. I wonder if we're getting two matches with the brand split?

Rich Swan should cost Neville the title in a match with Ellsworth so a new heel can take it from there. Neville is bigger than that division and should really be going for tag or IC gold at this point.

With all this political drama surrounding Donald Trump I'm blown away that they aren't parading Jack Swagger around to capitalize on it. Hell, trade Cesaro to Smackdown and recreate The Real Americans. Anything to get rid of his car alarm theme, Jesus. I know Dutch is employed elsewhere but give them a manager like Armando or something. (I'm half kidding, just use Kurt Angle, Sgt. Slaughter or Backlund)

New plan is supposedly Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse. Shame, I would have preferred Joe on SD, but I hope being on Raw gets him a Brock match one day.

Okada vs Suzuki was ok, was not expecting another long long match. Okada was his bitch most of it. I'm told Goto vs Juice Robinson was match of the night. He definitely made the right call leaving NXT and going to Japan.

Finally, I've come back to...you know the rest.

Anyone here in the Chicagoland area? I've got an extra AAW ticket for the 2/17 show.

I get that most people seem to like Graves on commentary, but I don't think I can handle any more goddamn Pantera references during Strowman matches.

The indies are hot fire right now. AAW in Chicago, F1rst in Minneapolis, AIW in Cleveland, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood (and Arizona), Beyond in Providence, Chikara in Philly (;)), and the larger indies y'all know about: Evolve, Shimmer, and so on.

Without even getting into the UK scene of Fight Club: Pro, Revolution Pro, and Insane Championship Wrestling.

There is so much good wrestling to attend live without even touching foot in ROH, TNA, or WWE.

Check it out sometime, and buy a dude's merch while you're there. That's how most of them pay their bills.

That said, my seats for AAW on the 17th are 3rd row on the floor dead center facing the ring (and stage on the opposite side). If anyone wants to tag along and go with, send me a message! My coworker bailed so I've got an extra I'd rather see go to use. Just buy me a beer and we'll call it even!

El Hijo del Fantasma (King Cuerno) vs Low-Ki

Abyss vs Eddie Kingston

Best Friends (Chuck Taylor/Trent?) vs Besties In The World (Mat Fitchett/Davey Vega)

Jack Evans/Trevor Lee vs Dezmond Xavier/Zachary Wentz

ACH vs Matt Sydal

Also appearing: Sami Callihan, Brian Cage, Michael Elgin, Zema Ion, Rey Fenix, Matt Riddle, and OI4K (Dave & Jake Crist).

I'm also going to start the rumor that Myke is actually Blaster McMassive.

I'm really warming up to Baron Corbin. Ambrose isn't doing anything with IC title, and it doesn't really do anything for him. I'd like to see Baron go on to win it soon and hold it for a while. He could just defend it day in and day out and really build himself up as this unstoppable tough guy.

bread's done
Back