Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

They sure seemed to botch the ending of the 10 man battle royale.
Yeah, was that seriously supposed to be inconclusive and controversial? There was a pretty decent span of time between the two of them hitting the floor, it wasn't even close.
They sure had the camera(s) placed so no one could really see... but I don't see how anyone could think AJ Styles didn't land first... I guess they are saying they couldn't see his feet. Anyhow, I'm slightly baffled by them going away from the Orton vs Wyatt angle... but maybe they are just filling time till they go back to that being the Wrestlemania main event?

Anyhow, what I really wanted to ask... Austin Aries is going to be wrestling in the counterweight division.. Which is cool, and certainly helps it, but does anyone else wonder if he's not more valuable as a commentator? He's great on RAW/205 live, in my opinion. He's almost the best thing on RAW right now and NXT is really struggling with commentary now that Graves got promoted, in my opinion, and I think he would fix it quite quickly.

Thoughts anyone?

I Think Austin Aries in the ring will help the Cruiserweight Division more than him announcing. He's great on the mic regardless of where he's at, but in terms of character work he knows what he's doing better than most and that division needs help with that greatly. Though bit off topic, but holy shit is heel Neville something I never knew I wanted so much.

Here's hoping Evolve finally has a title change tonight. It's been a long time coming and I had thought they were going to give it to Cobb.

Watched the Janela doc. I don't "get" much of what CZW does, but dammit if I don't want to root for him now.

If anyone was at Set Your Goals in Atlanta last night, you might have gotten sprayed with Silly String by Rollins. Looks like we might be getting him and HHH at Mania after all, he was on stage jumping around just fine.

So...the Hardyz are now no longer a part of TNA. In a perfect world, they'll go to Lucha Underground and further expand the whole madness, otherwise I have no idea where else they can go to be utilized to their full potential.

I thought she had a fine (but really short, relatively) career, but I don't see how Beth Phoenix deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.
Edge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed she seems like a stretch.

Maybe this means the Bucks will win the belts come April 1. Hopefully Hardy can keep doing his schtick when they come back to WWE.

So with AJ beating Harper I can see Shane "finally" obtaining the footage from the battle royal that shows AJ's feet did hit first. He nulifies AJ's win over Harper and declares Harper the winner of the Battle Royal, thus putting him into Wrestlemania with Bray and Orton. This is how we get to Shane Vs. AJ at Wrestlemania.

My apologies if this seems like a "no shit" train of thought.

Also, I've been watching less NXT these days but I realized that The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) are a play on words for Occam's Razor. Clever, WWE. There's no way that was a Vince idea.

So with AJ beating Harper I can see Shane "finally" obtaining the footage from the battle royal that shows AJ's feet did hit first. He nulifies AJ's win over Harper and declares Harper the winner of the Battle Royal, thus putting him into Wrestlemania with Bray and Orton. This is how we get to Shane Vs. AJ at Wrestlemania.
I had forgotten about the whole AJ vs Shane rumors... and I guess I sort of hoped WWE had too. That said your idea is actually rather brilliant.

Apparently the Hulu version has the other angle? So I vaguely remember hearing.

Authors of Pain, I totally didn't pick up on that either.

Now I feel smart for picking up on it after I saw their names the first time. I am the smartest man alive.

...well...maybe not, since the FIRST first thing I thought of was that they were named after Shredder's mutants in the TMNT movie with Vanilla Ice.

Apparently the Hulu version has the other angle? So I vaguely remember hearing.
I checked tonightour of curiosity. It's the same angle, same voice work, no cuts/edits.

That said I'm shocked no fan videos have shown up... It think it's pretty obvious Styles hit first. (Maybe he kept his feet off the ground... That you honestly cannot see.)

My apologies if this seems like a "no shit" train of thought.

Also, I've been watching less NXT these days but I realized that The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) are a play on words for Occam's Razor. Clever, WWE. There's no way that was a Vince idea.
I thought the match was re-started and AJ beat him...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEB8TWDhryA

However, based on this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-CBhwCQ6g

We're headed towards a feud between AJ Styles, and Shane McMahon. As a storyline, Shane will try to exclude AJ Styles from the main event picture, and make a match against him.
So...the Hardyz are now no longer a part of TNA. In a perfect world, they'll go to Lucha Underground and further expand the whole madness, otherwise I have no idea where else they can go to be utilized to their full potential.
The timing of their departure is crazy, though. Wrestlemania is just around the corner. If Hardyz goes WWE, man... doors will fly off.

We're headed towards a feud between AJ Styles, and Shane McMahon. As a storyline, Shane will try to exclude AJ Styles from the main event picture, and make a match against him.
The timing of their departure is crazy, though. Wrestlemania is just around the corner. If Hardyz goes WWE, man... doors will fly off.
The Broken Hardyz have already procured RoH Tag Team Gold, defeating the Bucks of Youth.

And Bully Ray is now with RoH, feuding w/ Bullet Club.

Whether Hardyz are at RoH for a few dates only so they can then jump to WWE around WM-Time or if they're full-time RoH, we'll have to wait and see. In due time, I guess.

[attachment=25748:revpro.jpg]

Going to be interesting, Evolve is going on at the same time with ZSJ vs Elgin advertised. Granted, the shows are very close to each other, but very quirky.

Now I feel smart for picking up on it after I saw their names the first time. I am the smartest man alive.

...well...maybe not, since the FIRST first thing I thought of was that they were named after Shredder's mutants in the TMNT movie with Vanilla Ice.
"Rahzar" might have flown under the WWE radar but "Tokka" is a clear violation.

Speaking of weed, Jack Swagger asked for his release. I'm happy for him. I'm still sore that they disbanded The Real Americans for NO good reason, especially since it was getting over with the crowd.

I posted pretty much that exact scenario on Reddit last week when someone asked what they'd do with the title match.

Not really looking for credit, because what the hell else are they going to do with Goldberg and Owens? Just a little annoyed it was *that* predictable.

Well, that just means you're cultured.

The springboard fake by Styles last night vs Orton was hot fiya.

Y'all know how much body control it takes to get up there and fall back? Hoooooo, Jesus.

anyone on here coming out to Orlando this year? man the lineup for the whole week looks stacked. wrestling nerdos dream

Yeah, man! Scheduled to do some ring crew work for Chikara, have tickets to Joey Janela's Spring Break, and possibly gonna try to score a cheapo ticket to Mania. Let's hang and crush beers!

If you told me last year that Mania would be in my backyard and I was consciously not buying tickets, I'd have thought you were crazy. But I'm totally ok with after how last year's turned out.

My schedule:

Thurs: staying home and watching everything on Floslam, gonna save money

Fri: Progress, RevPro, Wrestlecon Supershow, maybe go to Mega Ran's Mat Mania show after that

Sat: WCPW, don't know, Progress vs Evolve

Haven't figured out what day to squeeze in Axxess. I live an hour away so, not too thrilled about doing an 8am session and being there all day.

Oh man, TNA, or whatever they are now, sent the Hardy's a cease and desist letter over continuing to use the Broken gimmick, claiming they own it, which set Reby, Matt's wife off, on Twitter.  Too many tweets to post but they're glorious.  https://twitter.com/RebyHardy?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

[attachment=25838:savage and vicious.jpg]

Senor Benjamin is her dad.  I did not know that.

I was in Orlando for a show last night, we almost walked to the lake to take a picture with the massive belt but my girlfriend didn't think it would come out well.

Which speaking of shows, I wouldn't be shocked if Xavier showed up after HoF to the Mat Mania concert and possibly went to the new retro barcade.

There's a NXT show coming to St Louis area! I'm pretty stoked that they're coming to the Family Arena in St Charles. It looks like ringside seats will be about what it costs for parking at the Scottrade Center ($20). I'm totally going if I can remember to buy seats before they sell out.

I think the last time they did a wrestling show at this venue was for TNA's electrified steel cage match PPV. Such an odd show, but I did get to meet Dixie Carter before the show.

bread's done
Back