Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Could be both? That they were hedging their bets and kept options open - the ambiguity really added to last night, but they could very well have not known Rollins would be ready in time.

Our crew got an airbnb in Fern Park, FL - a close walk to the OLE where the WWN events are happening that weekend. Y'all have any recommendations on places to visit, eat, or see in that area (or Orlando in general)? I've never been.

Could be both? That they were hedging their bets and kept options open - the ambiguity really added to last night, but they could very well have not known Rollins would be ready in time.

Our crew got an airbnb in Fern Park, FL - a close walk to the OLE where the WWN events are happening that weekend. Y'all have any recommendations on places to visit, eat, or see in that area (or Orlando in general)? I've never been.
I asked the wrestling fb group I'm in and got 2 recommendations, Pizza Bruno and The Donut King.

There's a NXT show coming to St Louis area! I'm pretty stoked that they're coming to the Family Arena in St Charles. It looks like ringside seats will be about what it costs for parking at the Scottrade Center ($20). I'm totally going if I can remember to buy seats before they sell out.

I think the last time they did a wrestling show at this venue was for TNA's electrified steel cage match PPV. Such an odd show, but I did get to meet Dixie Carter before the show.
Shit! I forgot to tell you... I looked your tickets go on sale today, as of 17 minutes ago, I only remembered as my alarm for my own reminder (Independence MO) just went off.

Me and the wife got good seats! it will be are first live event... Mostly because the wife doesn't think they'll be filming (which I think is likely too) and she won't be spotted in the crowd on TV. (She's in the closest and no amount of telling her... "Well, whomever see's you is watching wrestling too..." has worked in the past.)

I sort of wonder how full the roster will be... Its a few weeks after mania so I would expect allot of call ups but with it being on a Thursday maybe some of the big names will still show up.

I forgot about it and the front row floor seats are totally gone. I don't really like 4th -5th row on the floor, so I'll probably just go for the arena seats.

I forgot about it and the front row floor seats are totally gone. I don't really like 4th -5th row on the floor, so I'll probably just go for the arena seats.
I honestly cannot even tell where we will be sitting... I cannot find a single floor map that I can honestly trust. The arena doesn't list one, WWE doesn't list one, and ticketmaster (the site they linked me too to buy tickets) doesn't have one.

NOBODY is worse than that piece of shit Josh Matthews.
Alright, might've gotten me there...

I find it funny because most of my friends can't stand Striker.
Striker is a mixed bag for me, but Vampiro just keeps repeating the same things ad nausea. Like how his only contribution to a match is either "I Just want to see somebody get hit/hurt", telling us he's just a fan, rant about Konnan, and that's it. Though then again majority of Lucha Underground commentary I can take away and be fine. I Don't need to hear Sexy Star's life story everytime she's in the ring or how Lucha Underground is changing the world of professional wrestling while taking not so sly jabs at the WWE.

Also this may just be a bad show to marathon.

I find it funny because most of my friends can't stand Striker.
Really? I think he does a damn good job... (Must be Micheal Cole overload.)

Speaking of WWE announcers. I guess Mauro Ranallo has allot of heat on him for missing Smackdown this week due to the weather. Considering his numerous errors of late (he called someone by the wrong name among other errors) I wonder if his time is getting short.

For anyone who hasn't watched WWE's Southpaw Wrestling subtle KFC promos, you should give it a watch. They're actually entertaining in a good way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4RFCRpp9P0&t=3s

Episode two with Rusev is pretty damn amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... can the Ascension be officially repackaged as the Surfer Dudez with Attitudez? (I feel like the z's are implied)

New show announced, Midnight After Mania. PW Revolver and Wrestle Circus. Only 300 tickets, go on sale Sunday at 8pm.

Edit: I got two tickets no problem. World's Cutest Tag Team vs Sami Callihan and Jessica Havok as well as Elgin vs Strickland announced.

Not sure if anyone else received this offer but I just checked my email and got an offer to come back to the WWE network for free from Wrestlemania through Money in The Bank

Not sure if anyone else received this offer but I just checked my email and got an offer to come back to the WWE network for free from Wrestlemania through Money in The Bank
that is what 3 months free?

so WM is going to be shorter this year then last.... i think last year it ran from 7pm est to close to midnight... shows 7pm to 11 this year

I got that e-mail too. Will probably bite this time. Cancelled a few months back when I just didn't have the time to watch that much anymore, but 3 months is very tempting.

If you told me last year that Mania would be in my backyard and I was consciously not buying tickets, I'd have thought you were crazy. But I'm totally ok with after how last year's turned out.

My schedule:

Thurs: staying home and watching everything on Floslam, gonna save money

Fri: Progress, RevPro, Wrestlecon Supershow, maybe go to Mega Ran's Mat Mania show after that

Sat: WCPW, don't know, Progress vs Evolve

Haven't figured out what day to squeeze in Axxess. I live an hour away so, not too thrilled about doing an 8am session and being there all day.
Nice. I think i'm doing one of those friday night shows.(the one with hardys) then NXT saturday night. Still looking for something saturday day time. Also gotta swing by hogans shop brother

You are right, I am not the type to travel for wrestling (but I do travel pretty regularly).

I have been training with Chikara for just about a year now, so I'm going down to help out with the crew as needed for their shows.

As long as I'm here, I figured I'd take the extra day to see if I can get into the venue. Not really looking to spend a hundo on a ticket, but I may if I have to (hoping for someone desperate to sell one for $50-70 on site on Sunday).

Axxess is pretty good Saturday, New Day and Ric Flair are doing an appearance at a mall at 1, I'm doing the WCPW show Saturday at 1. Saving money, going to watch Janela's show from home. I'm also going to be at the Wrestlecon show with the Hardys.

C/p the new show announcement. Sad Joey Ryan's cosplay show during WM doesn't seem to be happening.

#MidnightAfterMania (or midnight-ish) with TheWrestling Revolver vs. WrestleCircus at the Plaza Live, 425 N Bumby Ave in Orlando, FL!

LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE AT MIDNIGHTAFTERMANIA.COM
(Down to under 80 tickets left)

AVAILABLE on LIVE iPPV at WrestleCircus.com/iPPV!

- The World's Cutest Tag Team (Candice LeRae and Joey Ryan) vs. Death Machines (Sami Callihan and HAVOK - Jessicka Havok)
- WrestleCircus Ringmaster champion Mr GMSI Brian Cage vs. Dezmond Xavier
- Sammy Guevara/ Solow/ Starks/ ?? vs. Zachary Wentz/ "The Product" David Starr/ Jake Crist/ Dave Crist
- ACH vs. Martin Stone (wrestler)
- Battle of the Sexes: Leva Bates (official fb page) vs. "Manscout" Jake Manning
- Shane Strickland vs. Michael Elgin
- Rachael Ellering vs. Angel Rose

Also featuring Bestia and more! Yes, if WrestleMania goes past midnight, we will start later to give people time to show up.

You are right, I am not the type to travel for wrestling (but I do travel pretty regularly).

I have been training with Chikara for just about a year now, so I'm going down to help out with the crew as needed for their shows.

As long as I'm here, I figured I'd take the extra day to see if I can get into the venue. Not really looking to spend a hundo on a ticket, but I may if I have to (hoping for someone desperate to sell one for $50-70 on site on Sunday).
Cool.stuff. good luck.

At supershow right now. Place is packed. Hardys can really draw a crowd

Cool.stuff. good luck.

At supershow right now. Place is packed. Hardys can really draw a crowd
I'm kinda pissed the main event was so short, that was a glorified squash. A swanton is not a satisfying finisher either. When you're following synchronized quadruple shooting stars especially, but no fanfare here's a flip doesn't do it.

My prediction for this year is Shane Strickland/Killshot will break out. Tag match at Progress was phenomenal, good match with questionable finish vs Unbreakable F'n Machines, and holding his own against a "secret boss appears" moment with Low-Ki.

I'm kinda pissed the main event was so short, that was a glorified squash. A swanton is not a satisfying finisher either. When you're following synchronized quadruple shooting stars especially, but no fanfare here's a flip doesn't do it.

My prediction for this year is Shane Strickland/Killshot will break out. Tag match at Progress was phenomenal, good match with questionable finish vs Unbreakable F'n Machines, and holding his own against a "secret boss appears" moment with Low-Ki.
Show was amazing last night. I think crowd was worn out for last two matches.

Agreed main event finish was meh.

Pancakes and Piledrivers time!

Just finished WCPW, going downtown to eat and get a picture with the belt at the lake, then heading to Progress vs Evolve.

I caught a Chikara logo shirt waiting for the show tonight. I will wear it with pride.

My god that tag match was amazing. Goddamn. When those four dudes get together it is magic every time. If this is the end of the DIY/Revival-era, I feel like that was a fitting end. 

Sounds like a nasty storm is going to roll through Mania. At least I'm pretty sure that's thunder coming through on the broadcast.

bread's done
Back