Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Jinder's run as champ feels like a Dollar Store version of Seth Rollins.

He needs a clean win or two to put him over. Also, change that damned finisher or modify it somehow.

Mike's painkiller problem probably played into the lack of screen time. Hopefully he stays clean.

I'm ready for the belt to go off Jinder. I don't want to see him. In glad for his success, but enough.

Now that the MYC is over, reactions? Having attended CWC and MYC I thought there was a night and day difference in match quality. Sane/Storm was supposedly the original plan for the final, glad I got to see it since it was the only good match that night for me.

Ally Pally should be going up on Demand Progress today.

I would think that there would be mention of this on RAW.  Heenan was a true friend to many including the late Gorilla Monsoon.  I remember that even though Bobby was working for WCW at the time of Monsoon passing, he made a point of saying goodbye to Monsoon on air.  I thought Heenan was excellent in commentary (especially opposite of someone like Monsoon) and was a great "manager".  I realize that he has been suffering for years with his health and am greatful that his suffering is over.  Many in the business could learn alot if they study Heenan - great talent.  RIP Mr. Heenan, you will be missed.

One more time for Heenan.

"Wea-sel!  Wea-sel!  Wea-sel!  Wea-sel!"

The Brain was far and away the most entertaining manager in the history of the business.  He was Hogan's greatest enemy during the height of his popularity and that's saying something.  The chemistry he had with Gorilla Monsoon whether they were announcing or hosting Prime Time Wrestling was a true joy to behold and we'll most likely never see something like that again.  Even though we haven't had the privilege of seeing him on television for years, for those of us of a certain age, the passing of Bobby Heenan truly is the end of era.  You will be missed, Brain.  You really were the greatest.

heenan05-5056744-1_2-.0.0.jpg

The worst part for me is he apparently didn't break them, he pushed them into his upper jaw. That sounds excruciating.
HOLY SHIT! I Didn't know about that. That sounds so much more fucking worse. Jesus Christ. That'd be one of those things where if somehow I was in that situation I would just say "Nope, fuck this. I'm going home." and just walk out with saying a word...if I even could.

The last hour of No Mercy was torture.
Actually from the women's match forward was bad. The first half though was nice. Plus only 1 belt changed hands. No surprise appearances. And trying to make Reigns over Cena a huge deal like the Undertaker match at WM. Nothing was on the line, just another match

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly hope that RAW ending means that Neville has graduated from the Cruiserweight division. Dude has done all he could there, elevated the shit out of the title, and could do a lot of great things mixing up with the rest of the roster.

I certainly hope that RAW ending means that Neville has graduated from the Cruiserweight division. Dude has done all he could there, elevated the shit out of the title, and could do a lot of great things mixing up with the rest of the roster.
Or it means Braun Strowman will be going after the cruiserweight belt as well now.

Noticed that Emma now has a meaningless, dumb voice clip at the beginning of her music. Reminds me of something, just not sure what.

Oh yeah.

https://youtu.be/0OBck4Ymlk0

Lance was actually my favorite announcer. I don't think he would have done well in any era or anything (ie can't see Lance narrating Sable taking her top off or DX dropping poop on people), but for about 10 years starting in the late 70's I didn't think anyone was better.

Lance was actually my favorite announcer. I don't think he would have done well in any era or anything (ie can't see Lance narrating Sable taking her top off or DX dropping poop on people), but for about 10 years starting in the late 70's I didn't think anyone was better.
He and Dave Brown are my second favorite announce team behind only Heenan and Monsoon.

Gordon Solie above all, but Lance Russell - how wonderful to be someone that *everyone* in the world seemed to remember fondly?

In 2017, everyone is a piece of human garbage - google allows people to search, cherry pick, and use one incident to label a person's entire life. Lance was such a class act that he is remembered well by everyone in the most difficult to please society in modern history.

Eh, he was OK, I guess.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

He was a great foil for the heels during interviews, indignant at their nonsense, always entertaining to watch.

Can NXT even be called developmental anymore when they have the legit gimmicky of most gimmick events ever being brought back? Also I'm eager to see what the ticket sales for NXT compared to Survivor Series will be like since main WWE shows have been having smaller turn outs.

Amazing finish to HIAC. I am so glad that happened. After Smackdown this week I was hoping they were teasing something like this, but man, they played it perfectly.

Definitely made up for some of the lesser matches. Unless they think of something new to mix it up, I can't watch another Jinder match. My life is too short.

I'm all for any kinda Sami Zayn push.

Also New Day and Usos have somehow sneakily become my feud of the year. EVERY match has just been topping one after the other and with this three month plus feud, it has never really ever felt slow or had me saying "not again".

Really disappointed with Shinsuke & Jinder's match last night. It was boring and the two guys have zero cemetery.

I was only watching WWE because I'm interested in what they were going to do with Shinsuke. I'm done now.

Really disappointed with Shinsuke & Jinder's match last night. It was boring and the two guys have zero cemetery.

I was only watching WWE because I'm interested in what they were going to do with Shinsuke. I'm done now.
To be fair, he has zero chemistry with AJ and Sami Zayn as well, which should be impossible because those guys can do anything, but here we are! Plus it was already telling that it wasn't the main event so that spelled it out pretty well. On the plus side both hell in a cell matches were great so it wasn't a total loss.

I love the crowd members laughing hysterically during his ~spooky~ Sister Abigail promo.

Bray Wyatt is the new Santino Marella. Or should I say Santina Marella?
I'm really wondering what was the ideal reaction they (Vince?) wanted or was expecting? Like did they think people were going to gasp or be shocked or something? On paper I think everyone knew this was going to be the bad kind of corny because the character of Bray just hasn't had any mystique or anything to really make him interesting in over a year and spooky Bray is WAAAAY past the point of salvageable .

I Praise the Uso's and the New Day for making such a long term feud so damn entertaining and great, Bray and Finn is the exact opposite and is instead just dragging Finn down completely.

Kudos to the end of HiaC for making me feel excited about wanting to know what's coming next.

Also excited about Neville possibly asking for his release. I hope he goes to Progress/New Japan.

Also excited about Neville possibly asking for his release. I hope he goes to Progress/New Japan.
God I hope this isn't true, he's earned so much more. Just let him show up on Smackdown and beat Jinder for the title and throw money at him. I don't care why or how, it doesn't even need to make sense.

Jimmy Jacobs getting shitcanned from WWE because he took a photo with the Bullet Club guys a few weeks back is the least surprising news I've heard in a while.

God I hope this isn't true, he's earned so much more. Just let him show up on Smackdown and beat Jinder for the title and throw money at him. I don't care why or how, it doesn't even need to make sense.
I Mean, it makes more sense than Jinder as champion. Though in all honesty even without looking into it I can totally see why, after Austin Aries asking for his release, Neville probably not being able to be booked past the cruiserweight despite him being one of the best and most committed heels would be sound enough reason. I Do see Neville having more success and money similar to Cody on the indy scene than I do having him going out in front of crowds who don't give a shit. Especially with the Bucks expressing interest in having him in Bullet Club (despite Neville being more fit as a Suzuki-Gun, let's be honest here).

Jimmy Jacobs getting shitcanned from WWE because he took a photo with the Bullet Club guys a few weeks back is the least surprising news I've heard in a while.
This makes me more and more curious to see how much WWE sees Bullet Club as a threat to their bottom line. If the dirt sheets are to be believed, WWE was legit pissed at the whole invasion angle they did.

He's spent so much time building his character and persona, if gets somewhere where he can display that on a large platform while making money (such as being a member of the Bullet Club and having his merch in Hot Topic or whatever) I'm all about it. I think he's a fantastic wrestler, but I think he has so much more to offer than just his in-ring ability, so I'd hate to see him move backward in that regard.

He's spent so much time building his character and persona, if gets somewhere where he can display that on a large platform while making money (such as being a member of the Bullet Club and having his merch in Hot Topic or whatever) I'm all about it. I think he's a fantastic wrestler, but I think he has so much more to offer than just his in-ring ability, so I'd hate to see him move backward in that regard.
I Can see that, but the thing is with all the talent he has and all the subtle nuances he does (God I love his insane crazy eyed stared during his rings of Saturn or even on commentary) it is squandered still so much on a WWE audience who are prepared to just not care about anything he does. I'm sure where ever he goes his athleticism will be appreciated, but I agree all his additional "sports entertainment" character work will be lost, but still he deserves better than what WWE gives him.

Also side note: my favorite thing to watch now is seeing Cody in New Japan and seeing how long it takes the Japanese crowd to understand him telling them to kiss the ring and not merely examine the ring and nodding.

I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown actively in months, just sticking to the PPVs...I can honestly tell you it saddens me that I feel as if I've missed nothing.

Those Jinder segments where he mocked Nakamura though? Jesus Christ, awful.

bread's done
Back