Project X Zone, the Namco/Capcom/SEGA RPG, comes to NA, EU and AU

So, when do we get MAP attacks back? I am getting tired of leaving a dozen mooks at 10% HP at the end of my turn.
I think chun li + morri team was my first team to get them and I got them in at like level 20-22. You can always ignore those with 10% health and just counter them

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there permadeath for the user characters in this game? I've yet to have a character set go down to 0HP, I'm just curious.

Nah they just can't move anymore until you revive them unless under REQ it says that character can't die you can just leave them ''dead''.

It costs 100 xp to revive.

Finally ran into X and zero 17 hours in I'm a happy little boy.

Tron Bonne ''O_O MEGA MAN!?'' Why are her servbots smarter than her?

Just finished the world where you have to chase those damn gold goblins. The Endless Frontier team was the only team that could catch them.

I have to say, the Dante/Demitri/Heihachi team is an utter beast. They have slaughtered pretty much everybody they've come across.

Just finished the world where you have to chase those damn gold goblins. The Endless Frontier team was the only team that could catch them.

I have to say, the Dante/Demitri/Heihachi team is an utter beast. They have slaughtered pretty much everybody they've come across.
I liked Heiachi's dialogue with demiti ''My blood is boiling wanna give it a test?'' And demitri answers. My favorite so far is demitri/arthur/dante dialogue.

When I finish the game I'm hoping someone uploads every piece of dialogue with each character

I usually stick with teams that make sense with the characters, like from the similar game. X/Zero/Tron, Dante/Demitri/Lady, Jin/Xiayou/Heihachi, and Ken/Ryu/Juri are just some examples.

Jin/Xiayou/Heihachi seem to do the most damage for me. I'm nearly done with the game.

In the early stages it was a pain in the ass to level up Kogoro/Mii, Erica/Gemini, Oogami/Sakura, and Frank/Hsien-ko because by the time I got to them, my faster teams already mowed everyone down. Though my not giving them Solo Units didn't help.

Even now, I think the Sakura Wars characters are my weakest right now. That makes me sad. :( Kite/Black Rose seem weak on occasion too, but that may be because half the time they're facing a boss character alone.

Finally, I wish more cheerleader outfits were like Mii's. :)

It is the small things like that that make the game awesome. And the focus attacks from Ryu and Chun Li break armor, no matter how much it is. That's awesome.

Yup  Ryu's focus attack is my favorite move too. I hate all of X's moves zero's light saber attacks are awesome

Man, Erica and Gemini went from my weakest team to one of my strongest after getting their Up+A and MAP attacks. They are easily 3-4 levels ahead of everyone else right now.

And my poor Virtua Fighters team just reached Level 30. With everyone else around Level 32.

Everything is pretty even for me for the most part. A few teams are 45, while some others are all in between 42-44. I'd my best team is easily Jin/Xiaoyu/Hehachi. They easily do about 80k with all 5 attacks + support + solo attacks and a super and around 20k on counter. It's hard to pick my weakest team, but I would go with Frank West/Hsien Ko/Devilotte. There can do still do some damage, though. 

The God Eater trio is pretty damn good, too. 

My strongest teams are dante/demitri and ichiro and that chick. I'm still only level 31-32 so if ghost is in the 40's I'm no where near the end.god damn

If anything this game makes me want to play these guys' games. I've never heard of any of the namco crew but now I want to play a god eater/ .hack game and wherever ichiro is from.

How limited do we really think the limited edition is for this game?  I haven't been able to get myself to pull the trigger at full retail but I know I'll want a limited edition when I finally grab it.

wherever ichiro is from.
Sakura Wars. The anime and movie, though out of print, is still pretty easy to get. The 5th game, which stars Gemini, is available for the Wii. It's a strategy RPG/dating sim mix.

And I am at the stage where you have to get Aura within 10 turns. The number of mooks is bordering on ridiculous.

I just finished that. Trying to go for the 4th now this chapter is easily the hardest I've played I abused items like a mofo.

I've had my XL for maybe over a year and only had to charge it a hand full of times maybe 4 max. Shows how much I've used it I've had to charge my 3DS 4 times already. Going on a 5th soon because of this game

Also, on Sakura Wars, the fighting like in this game is pretty rare. Most of the fighting in SW is done via the steam-powered mecha Konbu. The TV series is an alternate retelling of the first game, with the movie happening after the 2nd game. Do note that this game contains a spoiler for the first game/TV series into the second game.

More random thoughts.

- How, exactly, does Kaguya's outfit stay up? Not that I am.complaining, mind you. Wonder if there's some Kaguya cosplay out there....

- I hate Vajra. HATE.

- Kaguya, Mii, and Morrigan overshadow her, but I absolutely love Riela's design.

- The conversation at Mii's mansion where Due eats Mii's flan is hilarious.

- Vashyron and I are on like minds. :)

Damn you, Capcom/Namco/Sega, for not actually providing a beach cutscene! The people demand skimpy swimsuits!

Oh, and Xiaoyu is awesome.

One thing I am getting tired of is having to redo all my Solo Units every 3 or 4 stages.
Nah I like that. I like to put characters in new slots just to hear different dialogue. Sometimes they offer nothing though. Like right now I have ulala with dante and she hasn't said anything the whole chapter shes my favorite support btw her ''pew,pew!'' is funny

Damn, the womb level was freaking annoying. Three separate boss battles with no healing in between, finally ending in having to beat Jedah in 8 turns (of course, I am on the opposite side of the battlefield at this point). Then when Raptor and Jedah arrive, all my characters have moved so they free reign and kill Gemini and Kogoro pretty quickly.

I finished that battle last night, didn't have problems keeping anybody alive, but the damn thing took forever like a couple hours.

The game is so fun but goddamn exhausting, Chapter 28 (I think, the one where you have to save Aura, fight Jedah, 2 Astaroths, two big headless guys and a ton of goons) took like three hours to finish.

The game is so fun but goddamn exhausting, Chapter 28 (I think, the one were you have to save Aura, fight Jedah, 2 Astaroths, two big headless guys and a ton of goons) took like three hours to finish.
Tis nothing. Wait until you get in the Makai Realm. The first Realm is OK, except for all the bosses charging towards you. The level after that is a gauntlet.

I guess they felt we needed a break on 32? That was the easiest fastest chapter in quite awhile.

Finally finished the game. Last level was insane. Had to heal almost every time I could and had about 3 of my characters die in rapid succession. The Big Bad's mass attack got annoying, but not so much as only a handful of the fighters even had the range to attack him. Frank/Hsien-Ko and KOS-MOS/T-ELOS were my backbone against him.

Also, the event that happens when I knock him down halfway freaked me out.

The game is so fun but goddamn exhausting, Chapter 28 (I think, the one where you have to save Aura, fight Jedah, 2 Astaroths, two big headless guys and a ton of goons) took like three hours to finish.
I'm there now. The regular bad guys take like two turns to kill now if I don't get constant criticals.

I'm taking my time, but assuming I don't have any huge issues finishing the game it'll probably be done by Sunday.

Finally finished the game. Last level was insane. Had to heal almost every time I could and had about 3 of my characters die in rapid succession. The Big Bad's mass attack got annoying, but not so much as only a handful of the fighters even had the range to attack him. Frank/Hsien-Ko and KOS-MOS/T-ELOS were my backbone against him.

Also, the event that happens when I knock him down halfway freaked me out.
Haha, yeah.
When I knocked him under 100k and he started talking, I just knew he was going to enter a new mode or get all his health back, but thank the maker he didn't. Once everything spawned and he was able to be attacked, I just rushed everyone too him and constantly defended and used healing/exp items and zerged his ass down.

In other news, here is how I would rank my top 5 teams. Of course these can't be the perfect tier because I haven't tried every support team possible.

1. Jin and Xiaoyu with Heihachi support

2. Ichiro and Sakura with Saya support

3. Dante and Dmitri with Lady support

4. Kurt and Riela with Imca support

5. Haken and Kaguya with Sanger support

I honestly think that none of the teams or support characters really sucked, though I was never a fan of the Resonance of Fate team, but their main purpose is to build exp meter, not deal damage

I'm trying things a little differently on New Game + but the less experience gain is making the game a bit more difficult in the early stages (if you're trying to kill everyone on every map).

I still had a couple bosses left, mainly using those with short ranges to kill. When he summoned the third wave of bosses I was just like "Aw, hell no!" and concentrated on the big bad. Luckily, the next few fighters were close enough to 100% I was able to use all their super movies.

My teams tended to vary. About midway Dante/Demitri/Heihachi was my top dog by far, but Gemini/Erica, the God Eater crew, and the Tales crew carried the load later on.

30 hours in and I'm about to give up. Its just hey lets throw the same boss at you you've fought like 100 times before and give it 200 k health at this point.

I'm almost through, just beat 34. I find it's usually best in short spurts, basically play one or two battles and then take a long break. I also play while watching or listening to a podcast which always helps. The guy constantly re-appearing with more HP gets on my nerves but it does my it very satisfying when they explode and won't come back (I assume at least).

30 hours in and I'm about to give up. Its just hey lets throw the same boss at you you've fought like 100 times before and give it 200 k health at this point.
I beat mine at around 40 hours. There are 41 Stages in all, and most of the latter ones have about 4-5 bosses each. It gets more ludicrous later on when the clones start appearing.

60 goddamn hours. That last battle was at least 4 hours all by itself and that was with me just rushing the boss and ignoring everybody else as much as possible. I don't know how somebody beat it in 40....

The final battle only took me an hour and a half or so. The first part I just rushed Kogoro and Mini to the barrier, then I gang up on one boss at a time and hit them with Limit Breaks all the time (also making sure I got the Attack+1 bonus). I also ignored Phantom and any bosses that were far away. Pretty much depleted my items, which is killing me in the New Game + as I am only get basic items from enemies.

hopefully one day i will play this... doubtful     but maybe  come jan 2014  i can get it back into my system,.... glad i never paid for it (got it off a trading site)

bread's done
Back