Project X Zone, the Namco/Capcom/SEGA RPG, comes to NA, EU and AU

I'm fine with the button-mashing that's more interactive than the usual strategy rpg where you simply select a unit and an action.

Played the demo but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Combat seemed pretty dull and repetitive and the whole fanservice aspect of the game would be lost on me as I only recognized Ryu, Ken and Ulala in the demo. I did like how the special attacks were done though, pretty cool looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would probably like it more if it was a traditional turn-based RPG instead of strategy (keep the actual battles though). Though with Fire Emblem and Super Robot Wars so huge that was probably a no-go.

Just tried out a demo, knowing a fair amount of the characters definitely helps and it's neat to see them work together, I don't mind the combat system either and am enjoying that as well. Definitely keeping my pre-order and looking forward to the full game!

i replayed the demo after reading a review that explained the combat system and found it more enjoyable. No one was KOed and it was fun trying to go for the highest combo/most damage. I hope they turn up the difficulty for the next demo and I didn't recognize a lot of characters so i'm hoping for dante, jill or mega man next. lovin the music

Wow, did not even know there was a demo. I may need to check it out tonight.

With that said, excited for the game. I mean it's a strategy RPG mixed in with a better battle system than just watch guy attack so I am not expecting anything groundbreaking. It's more for the characters and stuff.

I'm a sucker for turn-based strategy and I've pretty much been dying for a new 3DS one since I finished Fire Emblem.

Tried the demo. I kinda knew what was going on but not. Hopefully the full game has a real tutorial.

Ryu and Ken double Haduoken aliens = instabuy for me. Plus it has a strange Anime feeling to me, especially in the demo where that character showed up out of nowhere.

Strange anime feeling? All the franchises are Japanese in origin and most of them have had several manga, anime, and movies based on them.

Strange anime feeling? All the franchises are Japanese in origin and most of them have had several manga, anime, and movies based on them.
Oh I know, just the presentation felt more like an Anime than a game. It was weird. I guess the way they did cutscenes or whatever, and the tons of characters.

Does anyone know if this is getting an dub or is it all just subs? Not that it matters.

I was pretty excited for this, but the demo killed the excitement for both of my friends and me.
A bit harsher than I was, but yeah, I was let down a touch. I don't usually have expectations for a demo, but last time I was let down by one, was, strangely enough, Tales of Vesperia. Though I don't place a terribly high emphasis on demos.

My copy shipped, I enjoyed the demo enough for what it was and look forward to playing it when it arrives in a couple of days

my copy shipped from gamefly today should get weds.. too bad dont know if you DO THE KEEP IT IF YOu get all the goodies .. if so could pick it up for   31.49

Anyone get their copy yet? More specifically does the game give you a tutorial on how the game works or is it as bad as the demo?

If so, does anyone have any tutorial links on how to play the game.

I got mine in the mail from Newegg today and it is definitely NOT a limited edition.  What's up with that?!  It's just a normal 3DS game case.  :whistle2:(  I thought there was only one SKU and everything was supposed to be the L.E., at least for the first print run.

Picked mine up. The poster is small and the artbook is just images of the cast, but since it essentially cost nothing, I have no problem with it. I have yet to try the soundtrack out , but it shows 25 tracks -- a mix of character/stage music and original music. Played it it for about 2 hours. It's pretty fun. The prologues serve as a training mode sort of for the game.

I got mine in the mail from Newegg today and it is definitely NOT a limited edition. What's up with that?! It's just a normal 3DS game case. :whistle2:( I thought there was only one SKU and everything was supposed to be the L.E., at least for the first print run.
Newegg sometimes doesn't get LE games. I am kinda concerned with my SMT preorder now.

I got mine in the mail from Newegg today and it is definitely NOT a limited edition. What's up with that?! It's just a normal 3DS game case. :whistle2:( I thought there was only one SKU and everything was supposed to be the L.E., at least for the first print run.
I would like to confirm that I too got the standard edition so I had to run to Gamestop and get a LE version which was the last one they had there so lucky me. I put my standard up for sale on eBay so someone else that doesn't mind the goodies gets to enjoy it and I recoup my loss.

I ordered mine from Newegg too. Apparently everyone else who got their copy through Newegg did not get the LE, which is stupid. I'm going to head over to my local Best Buy and pick up an LE copy from there, as I just called and was able to get one on hold for me. My Newegg copy is going straight back to them once I get it tomorrow.

In addition, I'm definitely cancelling my SMTIV preorder from Newegg. There is no way I'm taking a chance of not getting that LE.

I ordered mine from Newegg too. Apparently everyone else who got their copy through Newegg did not get the LE, which is stupid. I'm going to head over to my local Best Buy and pick up an LE copy from there, as I just called and was able to get one on hold for me. My Newegg copy is going straight back to them once I get it tomorrow.

In addition, I'm definitely cancelling my SMTIV preorder from Newegg. There is no way I'm taking a chance of not getting that LE.
Dang you just reminded me that I too pre order SMT IV from them. ohh woes me. I'll just put an order on amazon right now.

Good News! I contacted an Atlus rep in the Atlus forums and they said that SMTIV on Newegg will include the goodies. I also remembered that when I bought Catherine from Newegg before release I got the artbook and soundtrack that time as well.

I was sold as soon as we had characters from Virtua Fighter, Tekken & Street Fighter all in the same scene.

I wanted to wait for a used copy b/c I am extremely backlogged, but the Limited Edition goodies and rave reviews on the soundtrack and the game, in general, has forced me to change my tune.  I will pick up the game tomorrow after class.  I'm so weak-willed.

The remade versions of devils never cry and the ghost n goblins theme are pretty badass. Not a fan of chun li's theme

How long until they shoe horn-in X into this inane story line? I'm at chapter 4

I'm a little disappointed I thought we would be able to make our own teams and dante's line about Arthur being an original devil hunter made me chuckle cause its true.

I'm enjoying my time with the game so far. I don't know the majority of the cast, but that isn't taking anything away from the story/gameplay.

I know the MegaMan, Darkstalkers, DMC, Xenogears, Street Fighter, and Sakura Wars, though I don't know Erica and the Japanese SW characters I know through the anime and movie.

And you can customize the teams a little bit by changing Solo Units. To answer the Q about X and Zero, I just got Neneko and no sign of the Maverick Hunters.

How long until they shoe horn-in X into this inane story line? I'm at chapter 4

I'm a little disappointed I thought we would be able to make our own teams and dante's line about Arthur being an original devil hunter made me chuckle cause its true.
I just finished Chapter 12 and have yet to see any Mega Man characters outside of Tron.

I just finished Chapter 12 and have yet to see any Mega Man characters outside of Tron.
How do I add up and down attacks during the combos? I understand how to use skills and what not I've tried google and found nothing

I'm at a chapter 10

I'm not even that big a Dead Rising fan, but having Frank West team with Hsien Ko is just weirdly cool. Also him telling the Serv Bots they looked familiar got a big laugh out of me.

I thought gamestop was really good about shipping out LE of games...  Well mine came something WORSE than a bubble mailer.  Just the cardboard wrap!  The box is CRUSHED. :mad: I dont think Ill have much swapping it out a local gamestop. :(

I'm not even that big a Dead Rising fan, but having Frank West team with Hsien Ko is just weirdly cool. Also him telling the Serv Bots they looked familiar got a big laugh out of me.
Frank west working with a zombie. I laughed at that serv bot part too

I thought gamestop was really good about shipping out LE of games... Well mine came something WORSE than a bubble mailer. Just the cardboard wrap! The box is CRUSHED. :mad: I dont think Ill have much swapping it out a local gamestop. :(
Why not? I'm pretty sure B&M locations are supposed to accept returns from Gamestop.com.

I think he's doubtful about them having one in-stock to replace it with.
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/project-x-zone-limited-edition/107703

Search for pickup at store on new copies to see who has them, then call and see if they have it in stock before you drive out to do the exchange.

You unlock down attacks around levels 15-20 for most groups. I have yet to unlock an up attack, yet.
From a review I read Chun-Li and Morrigan get the first attack upgrade. Apparently you're supposed to team the Fighting Vipers guy with them instead of the VF characters to maximize that.

I was sold as soon as we had characters from Virtua Fighter, Tekken & Street Fighter all in the same scene.
Thing that's cool to me is that all 3 of those universes, plus Dead Rising, Devil May Cry, Darkstalkers, Mega Man Legends, Resident Evil, John McClain, and the characters specifically made for these 3 team up games (Namco x Capcom, SRT OG: Endless Frontier, and this) are all in the same canon universe.

It's the Sakura Wars, .hack, Resonance of Fate, etc. that are in seperate universes that are merged with the "main" one.

bread's done
Back