PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
That still makes no sense. Why waste your money on buying special editions if you're going to destroy the integrity of the complete experience? Again, why not just buy digital?
Why do you care what they do with their money. If they want to gather all their money and burn it, who cares it's theirs. Do what you want Wiggles it's a free country.

I agree, P4:DAN had a pretty ok story. I was hooked atleast.
I don't know what game you guys have been playing... The story is god awful... I had to FORCE myself to actually finish it...

Sure it picks up in the last chapter... but you have to play literally 7 or so hours of mundane boring bulls***!

Why do you care what they do with their money. If they want to gather all their money and burn it, who cares it's theirs. Do what you want Wiggles it's a free country.
You're right about burning one's money for sure. I just don't see the point, and I'm trying to understand the mentality.

That still makes no sense. Why waste your money on buying special editions if you're going to destroy the integrity of the complete experience? Again, why not just buy digital?
Because he isn't you and what he wants from a special edition isn't the same as you. Have to wrap your head around the fact that because you think a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does. For him the "complete experince" might just having the goodies included with it, while yours is the box and all.

Really though worrying what someone else does with something they buy isn't worth caring about.

You're right about burning one's money for sure. I just don't see the point, and I'm trying to understand the mentality.
While it's not the stance I take, I still understand the logic. Especially when you have a large box, like P4G or Ragnarok Odyssey. You want the extras like the soundtrack, artbook, whatever, but those can be stored more efficiently without the large box taking up space.

For me personally, I keep all of the extras in said box, but to each their own. I know people who don't even keep the cases for their games, because it takes up less space to put them all in a generic multi-cart or cd wallet.

[quote name="SgtWiggles" post="12982833" timestamp="1445544231"]I feel like your taking this a bit hard lol. Probably one of the ones the original post was directed at.

its just a cardboard box, if it literally just mirrors the game case why keep it and waste space. I'm never gonna display like 90% of them. I keep boxes for full on CE's with statues and figures and such, or if it has a variant cover or design (Like the Persona DAN, or all the NIS LE boxes). But why keep dozens of boxes for first run games like Etrian Odyssey or all these other JRPGs lol.

I still want all of the other extra's, just not a box thats taking up space and will never see the light of day.[/quote]
Time for some salt. :eek:

Considering it's essentially free artwork, I usually end up butchering the box and sticking onto my free standing gameshelf. I feel like it's better than tossing it out and I get to add some flair to my plain jane book-gameshelf.

I can't tell if you guys that are ordering extreme multiples of games just because you don't want a crinkled box are trolling or just insane.
Wait... there's a chance they're serious and someone actually has ordered and returned 9 copies of the same game? Consumerism gone mad.

You do realize the sort of people who buy new games over 10 years old and pay the premium that comes with it are doing so because they want it mint and perfect right? Otherwise they'd just buy a used one. That one is completely understandable.
While I agree with you that mint is mint, the buyer could have just replaced the jewel case... I mean, I've replaced jewel cases [with exact matches] before.

Wait... there's a chance they're serious and someone actually has ordered and returned 9 copies of the same game? Consumerism gone mad.

While I agree with you that mint is mint, the buyer could have just replaced the jewel case... I mean, I've replaced jewel cases [with exact matches] before.
Possible, though not if they are keeping it sealed. Even then, part of the point is that you don't have to. If you want to have to do that, then just buy a used copy with good condition discs.

Possible, though not if they are keeping it sealed. Even then, part of the point is that you don't have to. If you want to have to do that, then just buy a used copy with good condition discs.
Oh, yeah, I didn't realize we were talking about sealed. If someone buys a 'mint' sealed game off amazon/ebay/whereever cracked cases are an issue.

So Gamestop shipped me a "Gamestop new" copy of Mind Zero which I kind of expected.  My only question is is there a manual or insert normally included with that game?  I know most Vita games don't seem to have them anymore but since it is an RPG I felt like asking.

I have a hard time even opening some of my stuff for fear of killing the value. For example, I still have a sealed Chibi-Robo on GC. Last I knew I could get $80+ for it which makes me not want to open and play it.

So Gamestop shipped me a "Gamestop new" copy of Mind Zero which I kind of expected. My only question is is there a manual or insert normally included with that game? I know most Vita games don't seem to have them anymore but since it is an RPG I felt like asking.
i dont know about the JP version, but NA version has no manual or insert. I got it new from amazon a while ago.(unless amazon yanked the insert too lol)

Because he isn't you and what he wants from a special edition isn't the same as you. Have to wrap your head around the fact that because you think a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does. For him the "complete experince" might just having the goodies included with it, while yours is the box and all.

Really though worrying what someone else does with something they buy isn't worth caring about.
THIS.

If I buy some CE/SE/XYZ version... it's for whats INCLUDED. The box? Next one I get i'm going to soak the cardboard in gas, one corner at a time.. light it on fire for a second. Put it out with a fire extinguisher... rinse/repeat until it's all ashes.

Video tape the whole thing and toss it on youtube just for you guys. :wave:

Hmmm... I do have a Legend of Legacy 3DS box I have yet to open... Just picked it up the other day and completely forgot I had it cause i'm way too busy right now to actually play anything.

the cardboard cover... means nothing to me. it's whats inside that matters. (mostly the in game stuff, or statues etc)

So Gamestop shipped me a "Gamestop new" copy of Mind Zero which I kind of expected. My only question is is there a manual or insert normally included with that game? I know most Vita games don't seem to have them anymore but since it is an RPG I felt like asking.
no. like. 99% of Vita games don't come with manuals or inserts

UPDATE: 

Everyone I ordered my first Vita game. It comes in tomorrow. I got the latest Ys game. 

Also got FF X remaster. Never played that one, so should be fun. The best FF is FF 12, but that is besides the point right now. 

That is all. Onward. 

UPDATE:

Everyone I ordered my first Vita game. It comes in tomorrow. I got the latest Ys game.

Also got FF X remaster. Never played that one, so should be fun. The best FF is FF 12, but that is besides the point right now.

That is all. Onward.
I imported Oreshika english physical yesterday.

That is all.

Pink/White is my choice for the slims. BTW I have an original Wi-Fi vita and I saw the demo slim unit. Wow that feels so light compared to the bigger Vita. I kind of want one in a way but I know I really don't need two Vita systems.

My small, but proud, and not very expensive PSP collection. 

That is all. 

IMAG0310_zpshcgl0lmt.jpg

Why don't you just collapse the boxes? They can fold down can't they?
You guys are thinking too much into this, lol.

Some people just don't care and that's just fine. If you don't want the flimsy cardboard outer box, then there's nothing wrong with tossing it. I've done this myself a few times. Keeping them, breaking them down, whatever. Sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth if there's nothing special about the outer packaging.

I have those games! Those are good games!

....Too bad I haven't finished any of them on PSP. Stupid backlog.
I sunk about 30 hours into the first Star Ocean, but the .ISO version, then I got the itch to start collecting PSP games since they are so cool and cheap. So I got rid of the .ISO format on my PSP and I bought the first Star Ocean only to realize that I had to start all over.

Shelved the game saying I would get back to it. But man, it is a really good game with a really great story. I love the whole Sci-Fi JRPG stuff. It's be a while, so starting over would feel new again and I would love to play the second chapter.

Ogre Tactics I got for a steal. That game came super clean and was only $7. FF Tactics is a mandatory game you must own if you have a PSP. That was like $6 and again, super clean and complete. Had to do some legwork to hunt Valkyrie Chronicles II. Yet to play it, but huge fan of the first one (it was my first PS3 game).

Any who. PSP games are cool. Did I mention that I preordered a PSP game recently? lol. Only 5K will ever be made. But you get the physical game + a voucher code that you can use to install a digital version on your PSP or Vita or PS3/PS4. I had to get what is likely the last PSP game made + in limited quantity.

Good choice, do tell how you like it (or not) later :D

My small, but proud, and not very expensive PSP collection.

That is all.

IMAG0310_zpshcgl0lmt.jpg
Nice little collection; some of the best (and a few the rarer) PSP games. Now does anyone want to see what mine looks like? Hahahahahahaha....

Slim Vita > Phat Vita & lime green/white is the best colorway

That is all.
Don't let the OLED fool you on the fat Vita; colors may look better on it but actual sharpness and clarity are close to the point that if your hands cramp up like mine do, the slim feels a whole lot better in your hands. Plus the colors are brilliant.

Good choice, do tell how you like it (or not) later :D

Nice little collection; some of the best (and a few the rarer) PSP games. Now does anyone want to see what mine looks like? Hahahahahahaha....

Don't let the OLED fool you on the fat Vita; colors may look better on it but actual sharpness and clarity are close to the point that if your hands cramp up like mine do, the slim feels a whole lot better in your hands. Plus the colors are brilliant.
Thanks. Would love to see your collection. Not many people I know that collect PSP games with the whole .ISO thing being so easy.

Still a shame S-E never put FF7 PSP spin off  (forget the name sorry) or the Star Ocean PSP games on the PSN. At least it looks like SO2 will be coming to the PS4 and hopefully localized. The Star Ocean games are amazing and I feel really peaked the SO series. SO3 was still fun by SO4 I got bored of. Felt like an MMORPG.  

Still a shame S-E never put FF7 PSP spin off (forget the name sorry) or the Star Ocean PSP games on the PSN. At least it looks like SO2 will be coming to the PS4 and hopefully localized. The Star Ocean games are amazing and I feel really peaked the SO series. SO3 was still fun by SO4 I got bored of. Felt like an MMORPG.
Crisis Core.

Thanks. Would love to see your collection. Not many people I know that collect PSP games with the whole .ISO thing being so easy.
I have a nice little box filled with PSP games, and then another stack of loose UMDS. I prefer all my games complete, but B2G2 at gamestop led to me doubling my collection just on loose titles (and good ones, for that matter. Hello, Disgaea)

I managed to get a copy of Arcana Hearts 3 Love MAX for $12 on Ebay. Seemed like a good price. Anyone have any opinions on the game?
I've played Arcana Heart and Arcana Heart 3 a bit. They're good games, but relatively complicated (think Guilty Gear and then some). If you're adept at Guilty Gear / BlazBlue, you'll feel right at home. If not, it's fairly hard to pick up.

I'm a fan of Lilica, but take a look at a sample combo:

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Arcana_Heart_3/Lilica_Felchenerow#Base_Combos

I'm really curious about Natural Doctrine. 

From everything I am reading, I should stay the hell away from that game. 

But it looks interesting as I love those types of strategy games. Anyone want to add input? Really curious as the game is very expensive. 

I went to Best Buy and unfortunately they still only had the same three or four games they had before (minecraft, MLB, Freedom Wars and maybe Lego-something?)
At least I found Corpse Party at gamestop though. After playing it awhile, I can now fully confirm playing the first two is pretty damn important. They actually even warn you in the manual.
It's pretty fun so far. I'm a little worried about the flashlight batteries being able to run out and running out of breath from running to much. I can see this getting pretty intense.

Best Buy physical locations are hit and miss. One of mine usually always gets the new 3DS/Vita/PS4 niche games. The other has Operation Abyss as it's latest physical Vita game and has similar games along with Neptunia U I believe. I know I wont go to that one for newer releases.

I went to Best Buy and unfortunately they still only had the same three or four games they had before (minecraft, MLB, Freedom Wars and maybe Lego-something?)
At least I found Corpse Party at gamestop though. After playing it awhile, I can now fully confirm playing the first two is pretty damn important. They actually even warn you in the manual.
It's pretty fun so far. I'm a little worried about the flashlight batteries being able to run out and running out of breath from running to much. I can see this getting pretty intense.
I think the Corpse Party for the Vita looks really cool.

Can I just pick it up and play? Or do I really need to play the PSP versions? If so, which ones do I need to play? The games seem really expensive.

Still a shame S-E never put FF7 PSP spin off (forget the name sorry) or the Star Ocean PSP games on the PSN. At least it looks like SO2 will be coming to the PS4 and hopefully localized. The Star Ocean games are amazing and I feel really peaked the SO series. SO3 was still fun by SO4 I got bored of. Felt like an MMORPG.
I could've sworn that FF7 Crisis Core was on PSN at some point way back when it was still new. I know there was at least a page for it.

It might have been. I missed out on the PSP/DS generation of portables so am now just getting to play PSP games on the Vita and DS games on the 3DS. 

There are a lot of really great games on the PSP that aren't on PSN. 

Honestly, you can get a PSP or PSP go for dirt cheap on ebay. 

I recommend the second version of the PSP as you can hook it up to your TV and play it from there. 

I have been wishing nintendo with do this FOREVER with the 3DS. 

I think the Corpse Party for the Vita looks really cool.

Can I just pick it up and play? Or do I really need to play the PSP versions? If so, which ones do I need to play? The games seem really expensive.
The PSP games were only $10 each on PSN a few weeks ago which isn't all that expensive considering each game is around 15-20 hours long.

Yes, you need to play the first Corpse Party to understand anything in Blood Drive, the first Corpse Party is technically a better game anyway so it's kind of pointless to skip it. There's a BloodDrive prologue chapter that you should play in Book of Shadows, but it's not completely necessary since BloodDrive sums it up pretty well at the beginning of the game. I'd still suggest playing Book of Shadows for the backstory of the characters though, and it has some pretty cool "what if" scenarios.

So basically, you can't skip Corpse Party 1, but you can skip Book of Shadows if you need to.

After reading the last dozen or so posts, I'm really regretting gifting all my PSP stuff to my nephew.  I may have to un-gift it temporarily so I can at least ISO all of my games.

The PSP games were only $10 each on PSN a few weeks ago which isn't all that expensive considering each game is around 15-20 hours long.

Yes, you need to play the first Corpse Party to understand anything in Blood Drive, the first Corpse Party is technically a better game anyway so it's kind of pointless to skip it. There's a BloodDrive prologue chapter that you should play in Book of Shadows, but it's not completely necessary since BloodDrive sums it up pretty well at the beginning of the game. I'd still suggest playing Book of Shadows for the backstory of the characters though, and it has some pretty cool "what if" scenarios.

So basically, you can't skip Corpse Party 1, but you can skip Book of Shadows if you need to.
Missed that sale. I just searched eBay and saw prices north of $68.

I'll check it out. I really dig the art in the Vita version of corpse party.

I'm really curious about Natural Doctrine.

From everything I am reading, I should stay the hell away from that game.

But it looks interesting as I love those types of strategy games. Anyone want to add input? Really curious as the game is very expensive.
I highly recommend it if you think you'll like it. It was a contender for my GoTY the year it came out. It's absolutely fantastic, but, and this a major issue -- it does not play like any other SRPG on the market. At all. It has completely unique mechanics that demand you understand them, and if you don't, the AI will crush you. This is why most reviewers hated it -- people often harp on things [like getting bum rushed by chained attacks] that are, quite plainly, their own damn fault for allowing to happen.

The game allows you to chain and link attacks. Most people don't seem to understand either - but the AI sure does.

Basically, any time a unit takes a turn there are 'link conditions' and it may allow another team member to get to move. For example, if you attack enemy X, any other unit that is capable of attacking enemy X gets the option ["option", this important to understand] to take a turn. If they have already moved this round, that's a bonus move [great!]. If they haven't moved yet, this uses up their turn [bad! only use as a last resort!].

Most people that don't 'get' the game don't understand the above. They think they understand linking, so they just move unit 1, chain everyone else, call it a day, then get absolutely destroyed by a couple orcs that understand how to chain/link.

What you actually need to do is [best case scenario, where you can and where it makes sense] is to move unit 1. Now, move unit 2 and chain unit 1 [bonus turn!]. Now move unit 3 and chain unit 2 [bonus turn!] and 1 [bonus turn!]. Now move unit 4 and chain unit 3,2, and 1 [bonus turnx3!].

You are the one choosing the turn order, so you can plan out some really solid strategies that allow you to attack units and then chain back into protective formations. It's also key to protect your flanks and don't overextend -- because if you leave 1 unit too far out, he's might suddenly going to get attacked 15 times in a row as the AI chains all their dudes together and demolishes your unit -- suddenly some lowly orc attacks your unit 5 times on a single turn. This is why the game seems so hard to beginners.

But... if you take the time to learn the game above, it's absolutely amazing. It actually has strategy and tactics [turn planning, positional awareness, flanking, terrain considerations, terrain height considerations].

There are also other cool things - as you set up all those chains and links, you get extra bonuses for how your units are positioned for the attack. This can make every turn look like a complex football play -- check some screenshots, you'll see what I mean. But in practice? You'll pick it up fast.

Game is tremendous. it's a shame most/all reviewers didn't actually try to learn the game... yes, it's complex... but it's so utterly worth learning.

Any questions, just ask.

bread's done
Back