PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Played a little more Tokyo Twilight but had the urge for racing so switched back to Asphalt Injection.  I finished off a bunch of achievements, polished off 5 starring the first section of races, and unlocked a bunch of cars.   Dang I love that game.

Speaking of walmart used games... Demon Gaze is $16.88 used.   It's just over $30 on Amazon new and it's $20 used or new at Gamestop.  It looks like something I'd enjoy.

AksysGames is having a sale through today only!

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/playstation-vita

VLR_Halloween_Sale_grande.jpg

TTGH_Halloween_Sale_grande.jpg

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters - PlayStation Vita

$19.99

$19.99

Remove

XBlaze Code: Embryo - Playstation Vita

$19.99

$19.99

Remove

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for PSVITA - PS Vita / Standard

$19.99

$19.99

Remove

Got excited when I saw Vita Final Fantasy X/X2 in the Square Enix sale for $14, but cheapest shipping is $8 >_>

Got excited when I saw Vita Final Fantasy X/X2 in the Square Enix sale for $14, but cheapest shipping is $8 >_>
Ouch, they aren't doing free shipping for that sale? Weak. I could see some collectors still pouncing on some of those deals, as a few of those games are actually rather obscure or hard to come by.

300 copies of Breach & Clear will go up for sale on Monday.

Why so many? Due to it selling out in an hour and a half, they made it 1 Copy per Person

Went ahead and bit on a copy of Spy Hunter for $11.37. Scanned Amazon pretty hard for any other significant price drops but didn't see much. I want to snag Resistance Burning Skies but hoping for $10 or less. 

Why so many? Due to it selling out in an hour and a half, they made it 1 Copy per Person
Do you have any idea what time they are going to be available? I need to plan my day at the office accordingly so I can promptly run out to my car to place an order.

Do you mean they cancelled a bunch of orders or did they just make more available and those are being made available on a 1-per person basis?

LimitedRunJosh on the LRG forums said the following:

"We're going to be limiting some of the bigger orders and freeing up stock for everyone. We expect 100 - 200 games to come back into stock, plus the 90 we held back for Australia/Asia. Those will be limited to one per customer on the front end. We'll outright cancel multiple orders on those."

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18

My question is in regards to those of us who bought 2 copies (one to open and one to keep sealed).  Will those orders be limited as well?  The way I read the post above, it would seem no, but Olengie makes it sound like ANYONE who bought more than one will only get one copy.

I mean, that's cool and all but they really should have stipulated that to begin with. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for the future.
they were advised to begin with but refused and said they didn't put limit on the first release for first wave on purpose cause they wanted to gauge what the demand would be for the game first to help get a idea for what demand for later games release will be

Honestly, you can't blame them. It was intended to serve as a test run/proof of concept to other developers to entice them to publish with LRG. They only went 1500 since they didn't want to have overstock and go out of business before they actually took off. It obviously went beyond expectations.

Actually, they thought it was going to sell out in 24 hours, not in an hour. They already learned from B&C and will be having a bigger print run for Saturday Morning RPG and Cosmic Star Heroine. LRG has been very responsive on neogaf. It's all about baby steps. They are a small business after all.

"We're going to be limiting some of the bigger orders and freeing up stock for everyone. We expect 100 - 200 games to come back into stock, plus the 90 we held back for Australia/Asia. Those will be limited to one per customer on the front end. We'll outright cancel multiple orders on those."

My question is in regards to those of us who bought 2 copies (one to open and one to keep sealed). Will those orders be limited as well? The way I read the post above, it would seem no, but Olengie makes it sound like ANYONE who bought more than one will only get one copy.
I don't know. Did you get any notification about cancelling/refund? If not, then you're safe.

Huh. Looks like i missed Breach and Clear. Totally forgot about it and have been busy with Haloween stuff. Ah well, i didn't find the game that good anyway. No real instructions or direction and i had no idea what the classes or skills did. Still. The colector in me would have liked one to throw on the shelf

I just popped in saw the earlier insanity. I didn't really want this game anyway, but I guess I should go ahead and make an account for Cosmic Star Heroine.
Wait they're doing Cosmic Star Heroine? Now that I'm interested in. This is the site right?

http://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games

if so i better make an account

My question is in regards to those of us who bought 2 copies (one to open and one to keep sealed). Will those orders be limited as well? The way I read the post above, it would seem no, but Olengie makes it sound like ANYONE who bought more than one will only get one copy.
Ok wtf.. id like to know the answer to that too. I can understand them maybe canceling people who ordered like a dozen games. But a lot of collectors like to get 2 copies and thats BS if they canceled their orders

Their wording makes it sound like orders of 2 are safe. Its the resellers with bigger orders that are in trouble. I could totally see people buying 5+ copies with hopes of ebay profit.

they were advised to begin with but refused and said they didn't put limit on the first release for first wave on purpose cause they wanted to gauge what the demand would be for the game first to help get a idea for what demand for later games release will be
I think they truly under estimated demand. I believe I read on Neo Gaf the digits version of Breach and Clear on Vita only sold 2,000 copies. Considering that it's older and more expensive I think they were worried it wouldn't sale out quickly. Obviously they underestimated the demand from Vita collectors who want to grab limited run games.

except the digital one has text problems as well as other bugs and problems. Only this physical copy has a patch fixing all those issues the game suffered from
Really? I assumed PSN would have the patch as well. I wonder why it doesn't? Is there a large Sony fee for patches?
The devs already said they'll be releasing the patch on PSN as well, the physical release just has it first.

Which makes sense, they just wanted to make sure the physical release was "fixed" before they put them up for sale.

I think they truly under estimated demand. I believe I read on Neo Gaf the digits version of Breach and Clear on Vita only sold 2,000 copies. Considering that it's older and more expensive I think they were worried it wouldn't sale out quickly. Obviously they underestimated the demand from Vita collectors who want to grab limited run games.
any physical games in general really. Cause memory issues always a problem with vita. I have a 64gb card in mine and I'm still picky about what I get digitally since 64gb not really a lot for vita in the long run and run out space fast

Well, it is "limited Run Games" after all. They did cancel their large orders, and those are the ones going back up Monday, and will be limited to 1 per buyer. I think they had a good amount for a game like this, and it was up almost 2 hours, and that was with no real limited to buyers.

If they had set 2 per customers, it may have lasted most of the day. I don't really think they want to have games sitting around for weeks and months. It's best to go "limited", sale out quick and move on to the next title. I'm actually loving this business model currently, as I'm really happy to get physical games, for otherwise "digital only" titles.

I'm also liking the fact they they actually went back, checked orders, and removed "re-seller" qty's, and will return them to the masses. I also think in the future, they may want to have runs released at different times of day. So let's say they have 1500 copies, do 500 in the am, another 500 in the afternoon, and the last 500 in the evening hours, that way, everyone gets a shot no matter where are what they might be doing.

So when does Breach and Clear go live? I heard there was a limited amount for sale on a World Wide Web Site. 

And how do we pay? I'm guessing we call? 

Thanks in advance. 

So when does Breach and Clear go live? I heard there was a limited amount for sale on a World Wide Web Site.

And how do we pay? I'm guessing we call?

Thanks in advance.
The game first went live on Thursday, and sold out in about just about 2 hrs. The team went through and cancelled orders that where for big amounts, and those will be offered on Monday. Watch their social media sights for times of day, and there are limiting those to 1 per person, so they should last awhile.

71 hours until the Muv Luv Kickstarter ends. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series

$80 gets you a Physical Vita version and a Digital Code for your platform of choice (PC/Vita/Android). You get 3 games on two carts.

The $150 Collector's Edition gets you: 

- Physical copy of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative [PC or Vita] [Hand-Signed]
- Physical Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Physical Kickstarter Special Artbook [now upgraded to 80-page hardcover]
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [PC] 
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [Vita] / 
- Digital Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Digital Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Access to Backer Kit
- Digital Official Muv-Luv Codex
- PC copy of Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers [Steam]
- Sumika Figma [if $900,000 stretch goal is met / $40 Value, almost there!]
 Edit: The note you see on the $150 tier is them clarifying that that specific tier doesn't also come with a physical PC copy since you're getting the physical Vita Copy and vice versa

If you only care about the Physical Version, you can sell your digital version to recoup some of the cost. They might not be sold after the Kickstarter and if they are (probably leftover stock), it'll be sold for a slightly higher cost.

^I'm so conflicted--I don't mind paying $80 for the physical Vita version, but that's so much stuff for an additional $70. Then again, I'm not sure I want to set aside that much in cash for a single Collector's Edition, and I'm not that big a Muv-Luv fan.

...But it looks soooo cool... :whistle2:k

^I'm so conflicted--I don't mind paying $80 for the physical Vita version, but that's so much stuff for an additional $70. Then again, I'm not sure I want to set aside that much in cash for a single Collector's Edition, and I'm not that big a Muv-Luv fan.

...But it looks soooo cool... :whistle2:k
You get a free Figma if we reach 900k. Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers are basically two games. And Muv-Luv Alternative is probably the highest rated VN out there.

I used to be conflicted too.

Decent bang for your buck at $150....it's just hard around the holiday's to justify that much. I do love Figmas (have about 20 or so) but yeah I don't know much about the series other than it's sc-fi. I also saw the Muv Luv Total Eclipse anime which fizzled out badly for me after a relatively OK beginning.

bread's done
Back