PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I would actually be open to trying Assassin's Creed on Vita, especially in a compilation. If nothing else, it'll bring a little more diversity to the system.

It'd be nice, as always, if Assassin's Creed: Chronicles not only came to Vita in the west but in physical form no less. Otherwise I'm happy with the Asian release.

I specifically held off on buying any of the Chronicles games because I was hoping for a Vita packaged release. Seeing Child of Light get a physical release suggested this was a real possibility.

Wooooo!

bgrngod, on 04 Dec 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:
I specifically held off on buying any of the Chronicles games because I was hoping for a Vita packaged release. Seeing Child of Light get a physical release suggested this was a real possibility.

Wooooo!
That is a good point, and my thought process as well.

This isn't a deal, but I noticed on Gamestop's homepage they have a highlight section for Aksys's Vita games. They aren't on sale (though Mind Zero is less than $16 new), so it's nice to see a retailer push the Vita in some way.

I ordered a "new" copy of Mind Zero about two weeks ago, already at that price then. When my package arrived, I discovered a used copy in a replacement case plainly marked "Pre-Owned". GameStop Customer Service declined to make it right stating they were sold out of new copies and instead suggested I take the game back along with my packing slip to any local GameStop for a refund, which is what I did.

I ordered a "new" copy of Mind Zero about two weeks ago, already at that price then. When my package arrived, I discovered a used copy in a replacement case plainly marked "Pre-Owned". GameStop Customer Service declined to make it right stating they were sold out of new copies and instead suggested I take the game back along with my packing slip to any local GameStop for a refund, which is what I did.
wow not very subtle with the selling used as new.

Was probably a gutted copy where they misplaced the case. Don't worry it's totally new and never played by anyone except maybe the employees. Totally new tho. Right? That's what new means?

Yea. Pretty much the same thing happened to me about a month back when they had them. I just returned the damn thing. fuck Gamestop. I tried ordering 2 copies this time. Hopefully one comes in actually NEW

I really hate Gamestop. I've been ordering LE's through them lately and still ordering them through BBY. WHen my BBY one inevitably comes in damaged i just return the damaged one at a different GS store. I would feel bad about that if Gamestop wasnt such a piece of shit company

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles rated for PS Vita in Brazil

11rrxoz.jpg

"The Brazil Advisory Rating Board has rated Assassin’s Creed Chronicles for PS Vita.

The Assassin’s Creed Chronicles trilogy—which consists of Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India, and Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia—is currently only available across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Ubisoft has not announced plans to bring the series to PS Vita."
Nice, I've been wanting to try those side scroller AC games, and even better that it's on Vita.

Yea. Pretty much the same thing happened to me about a month back when they had them. I just returned the damn thing. fuck Gamestop. I tried ordering 2 copies this time. Hopefully one comes in actually NEW

I really hate Gamestop. I've been ordering LE's through them lately and still ordering them through BBY. WHen my BBY one inevitably comes in damaged i just return the damaged one at a different GS store. I would feel bad about that if Gamestop wasnt such a piece of shit company
For hating a company so much, it sounds like you end up there quite often. Just stickin' it to the man, right?

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on this thread, since I just got a Vita last week. I just wanted to ask about something, sorry if it's been asked about before. I just saw this product on Playasia, which are pretty much L2/R2 buttons for the Vita. But since there's no description I'm not sure if it's just like button covers, or if they actually work as L2/R2 buttons which would be cool for remote play. And it says its for the Vita 1000, but would it be compatible with the Slim too? Sorry if this has already been asked, and thank you for the help.
I have this grip and love it.

A few things --

It's an awesome grip even if you never use the triggers. Best vita grip I've ever owned. Super comfortable and more compact than the "steering wheel" grips. The triggers don't feel much like Dualshock triggers. They're spring loaded and you need to give them a full pull to register. There are capacitive rubber pads that touch the Vita's back. Pull trigger and it touches a piece of metal to the rubber and completes a circuit. Once you get used to the feel, they work perfectly for games that use the default Remote Play layout (Last of Us, Wolfenstein) and even better for games that split the rear between L2/R2 and move the 3's up front (Battlefront).

There's one major downside. The 2000 version of the case uses little hooks/tabs to latch to the Vita. They're prone to break, especially if you take the Vita in and out of the case. I'm on my second grip now. The 1000 looks more like a full body shell and may avoid this problem. I put my second case on and will just never take it off. No more Vita-in-coat-pocket for commuting.

Don't buy from PlayAsia. They're price gouging. No one else with an English language store front is selling the 2000 version of the grip now, and they've jacked the price sky high. $60+ with reasonably fast shipping. You can order from Yahoo! or Amazon sellers in Japan and use a re-shipping service to get it for ~$40.

I'm happy to walk anyone who is interested in importing through the process.

When I was trying to track down a copy of One Piece Unlimited World Red I came across a gamestop that had a new copy on the shelf of either it or Tales of Hearts R... but the display was one of those replacement cases. I took it to the counter and asked if it was just a place holder for the real copy and they just had it in a drawer or what... turns out the box was stolen. They said that actually happens fairly often at that specific store. So sometimes people just steal the boxes and then there they are stuck with an otherwise new game but nothing to put it in.

So yeah, I agree there's something completely wrong about selling a game new that doesn't have it's original case.. but I can kind of see see the predicament of a case being stolen and them doing the wrong thing and still trying to sell it as new. Either way both the store and the customer lose out to the thief.

So beware of new games on gamestop.com ... especially older titles.

When I was trying to track down a copy of One Piece Unlimited World Red I came across a gamestop that had a new copy on the shelf of either it or Tales of Hearts R... but the display was one of those replacement cases. I took it to the counter and asked if it was just a place holder for the real copy and they just had it in a drawer or what... turns out the box was stolen. They said that actually happens fairly often at that specific store. So sometimes people just steal the boxes and then there they are stuck with an otherwise new game but nothing to put it in.

So yeah, I agree there's something completely wrong about selling a game new that doesn't have it's original case.. but I can kind of see see the predicament of a case being stolen and them doing the wrong thing and still trying to sell it as new. Either way both the store and the customer lose out to the thief.

So beware of new games on gamestop.com ... especially older titles.
If they didn't gut games in the first place, it wouldn't be a issue. I find selling a game that they opened and did who knows what with as "new" to be dishonest regardless of whether it has the original case or not.

I have this grip and love it.

A few things --

It's an awesome grip even if you never use the triggers. Best vita grip I've ever owned. Super comfortable and more compact than the "steering wheel" grips. The triggers don't feel much like Dualshock triggers. They're spring loaded and you need to give them a full pull to register. There are capacitive rubber pads that touch the Vita's back. Pull trigger and it touches a piece of metal to the rubber and completes a circuit. Once you get used to the feel, they work perfectly for games that use the default Remote Play layout (Last of Us, Wolfenstein) and even better for games that split the rear between L2/R2 and move the 3's up front (Battlefront).

There's one major downside. The 2000 version of the case uses little hooks/tabs to latch to the Vita. They're prone to break, especially if you take the Vita in and out of the case. I'm on my second grip now. The 1000 looks more like a full body shell and may avoid this problem. I put my second case on and will just never take it off. No more Vita-in-coat-pocket for commuting.

Don't buy from PlayAsia. They're price gouging. No one else with an English language store front is selling the 2000 version of the grip now, and they've jacked the price sky high. $60+ with reasonably fast shipping. You can order from Yahoo! or Amazon sellers in Japan and use a re-shipping service to get it for ~$40.

I'm happy to walk anyone who is interested in importing through the process.
Sounded great until you got to the price... That's like four Vita TVs these days.

And then it sells out permanently while you wait!

Reviews are quite mixed and it's an SRPG. Seems to fall mostly on the positive side so I bought it digitally a ways back when it was on sale.
i will probably get it then

edit: wtf when did bing raise there reward prices? i have points built up and it now 775 points for $5 Amazon card and i paid 500 points couple weeks ago for the same exact card

I'm seeing 475 still so not sure?
where are you looking? cause it wierd as hell it shows 775 on the rewards with the other cards but since it set as my goal card if i go to that area it shows 475 but when i click redeem and verify it then goes to my order history instead of processing.

damn im thinking maybe my goal one is stuck showing the old unupdated price and maybe the rewards page is the new updated price? i sure hope not

We can't keep letting GS get away with this!

In other news, there's a new $5 kongregate coupon so you can use that to knock some vita games at gamestop to $15 or less. Like P4G or FFX/X-2. Or even the aforementioned Mind Zero should go down to $11 after coupon.

Hey guys, sorry about asking so many questions lately, I'm still really new to the Vita business.

Does anyone know if the bonus soundtrack CD for the Vita version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, if that's the same as the one for the PS3?

Also, I haven't heard much about this game "Deemo The Last Recital", just saw it on Playasia, and it's supposed to release soon, and it has an English version, anyone have any opinions on it?

And when Playasia lists a game as an Asia version, and it's cheaper than the Japanese version, even though it's still in Japanese language, is there a reason? Like is the Asia version inferior, or bootleg, or is it just the brand? It will still work with multiplayer/trophies right?

Thanks a lot!

Sounded great until you got to the price... That's like four Vita TVs these days.
I think it's worth the price -- but it's a use case question. My gaming is 50% Vita native, 30% Remote Play, 20% on PS4. If Remote Play isn't a great experience, I end up getting so little value from my PS4 that it wouldn't even be worth having one. So I've invested in the R2/L2 grip, a travel router, and a PS TV. I take all of them with me so I can get the best experience possible from the road (depends on whether the hotel has a hardline and where it is vis a vis TV). I also used eBay bucks to get XBox-one tipped thumbstick extensions. Between the trigger grip and better range on the thumbs, Remote Play is leagues better than stock.

Anyway, I'd recommend the R2/L2 grip to anyone who is using a Vita from Remote Play at home a lot because a spouse or significant other is using the TV. PS TV at home actually makes no sense to me unless it's being used for PSP games and PS1 classics on the same TV as the PS4. I'm probably going to dump my PS TV and get a second Vita Slim -- dedicate one to Remote Play and never take the grip off so the damn thing won't break, use the second one for Vita native stuff while commuting and traveling.

I know affiliate link stuff is frowned on, but I can give a Zenmarket.jp link and promo code to anyone who'd like to import the grip. Using both will get you a 500 Yen credit to apply to any order shipped to US by December 31. Grips run between 3500 and 4000 yen with shipping in Japan and ZenMarket's per item fee, +1200 yen to ship EMS (express) to the US. At current exchange rates that's ~$37-38 with the promo. You could shave $3-5 off by using slower AirMail service.

Hey guys, sorry about asking so many questions lately, I'm still really new to the Vita business.

Does anyone know if the bonus soundtrack CD for the Vita version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, if that's the same as the one for the PS3?

Also, I haven't heard much about this game "Deemo The Last Recital", just saw it on Playasia, and it's supposed to release soon, and it has an English version, anyone have any opinions on it?

And when Playasia lists a game as an Asia version, and it's cheaper than the Japanese version, even though it's still in Japanese language, is there a reason? Like is the Asia version inferior, or bootleg, or is it just the brand? It will still work with multiplayer/trophies right?

Thanks a lot!
fighting climax soundtrack is the same.

Deemo is on mobile, so you can try it out. This version of the game is confirmed to have a different story compared to the Mobile version of the game, fully animated cutscenes, Character Voice-Overs, a 2 Player Mode (Possibly a VS.), a Duet Mode, and a whole new collection of songs to play.

When it says Asia version, it means it's generally released in Hong Kong, Philippines, China, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam. Basically, in the Asia territories. Why would it be bootleg? Why would it be inferior? It's just released through Sony Asia. You have Sony USA, Sony EU. Sony Japan, and Sony Asia.

Sometimes, the Asia version is the only way to get an Eng Retail Copy that we normally wouldn't get like Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, Moe Chronicles, Dokuro, etc.

Anybody preorder EDF for vita and looking to play online?
I did the preorder during the cyber monday preorder discount on Amazon. Not sure how fast they'll ship it since I bundled it with other stuff to get the regular free shipping. I'll cross the bridge of deciding to play it online sometime after it shows up and i play it for at least a few days. I just need to decide how much I like it and want to play online. Also Trails of Cold Steel should be shipping to me around the same time and I really want to play it. This month is just going to be crazy... Yakuza 5 came out today and I need to get that downloaded to my PS3 as well.

For hating a company so much, it sounds like you end up there quite often. Just stickin' it to the man, right?
Considering probably 80-90% of the games i buy from them are backups that get returned/swapped for the inevitably damaged BBY orders i dont see whats odd about that at all. Honestly im kinda surprised they havent done anything about the massive amount of returns i do

Thanks a lot!
This actually reminds me. Can you just cancel a preorder on Play-asia? I didn't pre-order Deemo because i wanted more info on the LE before deciding what to get. But maybe it would be better to get an order in just in case for now if i can just cancel it later

Gotta rant...

So htoL#NiQ... NISA Store was to have the LE in the sale today for $30.  They update at midnight pacific (2am my time) so I manage to be there the moment it went live to get my order in.  I had already made an account and had my shipping/billing address entered to hopefully speed the process.  The site is so screwed up I couldn't both stay logged in to my account and check out.  I tried for 30 minutes to get checked out even by just creating a new account on a different email address and got all my info in and hit the button to check out and nothing.  No dice and sold out in that same time frame.  At one point I had 2 in my cart being logged in and I tried to remove them and then add one (after other ways failed of just removing one) and ended up with 3 in my cart.  So screwed up that site is.  I've never been so frustrated trying to buy something.

I think this is a healthy thing for me.  A wake up call to buying too many games anyway and the realization that while I didn't intend to have a complete collection I liked the idea enough to try and get these obscure rare games as they popped up in case I changed my mind.   I felt the urge to purge afterwards so I went ahead and hit Amazon and cancelled my EDF2 and LoH Trails of Cold Steel preorders.   I still want Trails of Cold Steel but I can wait for it.

Anyway I think this marks the end of my rash of vita purchases for a while.  I want a couple DS/3DS games ... mainly to finish out my Prof Layton collection... but outside of that I was pretty much done until Fire Emblem Fates SE dropped anyway.

On a positive note... Bastion is $2.85 on the PS4 and crossbuy with the vita... so I got something on the cheap.

Gotta rant...

So htoL#NiQ... NISA Store was to have the LE in the sale today for $30. They update at midnight pacific (2am my time) so I manage to be there the moment it went live to get my order in. I had already made an account and had my shipping/billing address entered to hopefully speed the process. The site is so screwed up I couldn't both stay logged in to my account and check out. I tried for 30 minutes to get checked out even by just creating a new account on a different email address and got all my info in and hit the button to check out and nothing. No dice and sold out in that same time frame. At one point I had 2 in my cart being logged in and I tried to remove them and then add one (after other ways failed of just removing one) and ended up with 3 in my cart. So screwed up that site is. I've never been so frustrated trying to buy something.

I think this is a healthy thing for me. A wake up call to buying too many games anyway and the realization that while I didn't intend to have a complete collection I liked the idea enough to try and get these obscure rare games as they popped up in case I changed my mind. I felt the urge to purge afterwards so I went ahead and hit Amazon and cancelled my EDF2 and LoH Trails of Cold Steel preorders. I still want Trails of Cold Steel but I can wait for it.

Anyway I think this marks the end of my rash of vita purchases for a while. I want a couple DS/3DS games ... mainly to finish out my Prof Layton collection... but outside of that I was pretty much done until Fire Emblem Fates SE dropped anyway.

On a positive note... Bastion is $2.85 on the PS4 and crossbuy with the vita... so I got something on the cheap.
I understand your frustration, except in my case I have an existing account and was trying to get the limited edition of Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection. I already own a regular copy of the game mind you, I just wanted the L.E. mostly for the art box. Got to take into consideration that they likely had no more than a hundred copies of any of these games in this sale actually available to begin with.

In other news. Used one of my Cyber Monday purchased 25$ off pre-owned GameStop certificates yesterday at a local store to snag a the only copy of Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited in a hundred mile area, which made it $9.53 with tax. That was $25 off with the certificate and an additional $1 off with my PUR card ($26 pre-tax savings), making for a total taxable savings of $27.56! :D/

Gotta rant...

So htoL#NiQ... NISA Store was to have the LE in the sale today for $30. They update at midnight pacific (2am my time) so I manage to be there the moment it went live to get my order in. I had already made an account and had my shipping/billing address entered to hopefully speed the process. The site is so screwed up I couldn't both stay logged in to my account and check out. I tried for 30 minutes to get checked out even by just creating a new account on a different email address and got all my info in and hit the button to check out and nothing. No dice and sold out in that same time frame. At one point I had 2 in my cart being logged in and I tried to remove them and then add one (after other ways failed of just removing one) and ended up with 3 in my cart. So screwed up that site is. I've never been so frustrated trying to buy something.

I think this is a healthy thing for me. A wake up call to buying too many games anyway and the realization that while I didn't intend to have a complete collection I liked the idea enough to try and get these obscure rare games as they popped up in case I changed my mind. I felt the urge to purge afterwards so I went ahead and hit Amazon and cancelled my EDF2 and LoH Trails of Cold Steel preorders. I still want Trails of Cold Steel but I can wait for it.

Anyway I think this marks the end of my rash of vita purchases for a while. I want a couple DS/3DS games ... mainly to finish out my Prof Layton collection... but outside of that I was pretty much done until Fire Emblem Fates SE dropped anyway.

I was ready when it went live too. I tried on my laptop and it just hung at checkout. So I ordered it on my desktop after and it said order successful but I have no email or anything in my order history. I do have a pending charge on my card but who knows with how the site was acting when I ordered.

Gotta rant...

I feel you on the backlog, I think all,of us on cag probably have more games than we can realistically expect to play. It feels good to have them though. Every year around this time I do a little cleanse to make some extra room but that space fills up quickly.

bread's done
Back