PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.com:

$7.97 - The Walking Dead: Season Two

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Season-2-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00KVQGRYQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449418855&sr=1-3&refinements=p_8%3A2229021011

$8.99 - Reality Fighters

http://www.amazon.com/Reality-Fighters-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B0050SW794/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449418855&sr=1-5&refinements=p_8%3A2229021011

$9.00 - Smart as...

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-As-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B0084ZYHLQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449418855&sr=1-6&refinements=p_8%3A2229021011

$9.06 - Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Shots-Golf-Invitational-playstation-vita/dp/B0050SW4OC/ref=sr_1_7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449418855&sr=1-7&refinements=p_8%3A2229021011

$14.85 - Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperdevotion-Noire-Goddess-Black-playstation-vita/dp/B00OH5ADQK/ref=sr_1_21?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449418919&sr=1-21&refinements=p_8%3A2229021011

$16.13 - Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

http://www.amazon.com/Conception-II-Children-Seven-Stars-PlayStation/dp/B00GOOSTJ0/ref=sr_1_25?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449418971&sr=1-25&refinements=p_8%3A2229021011

BestBuy.com:

$9.99 - Lego: Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-batman-3-beyond-gotham-ps-vita/6624109.p?id=1219229384909&skuId=6624109

Rakuten.com:

$5.94 - MLB 12: The Show

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/228327681.html?listingid=350568453

$11.49 - PS Vita Portable Charger

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/230390891.html?listingid=473822449

$16.46 - Silent Hill: Book of Memories

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/silent-hill-book-of-memories/226737234.html

$24.35 - Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/229164563.html?listingid=372673742

WalMart.com:

$9.96 - Mortal Kombat

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mortal-Kombat-PS-Vita-PS-Vita/20452293

Gotta rant...

So htoL#NiQ... NISA Store was to have the LE in the sale today for $30. They update at midnight pacific (2am my time) so I manage to be there the moment it went live to get my order in. I had already made an account and had my shipping/billing address entered to hopefully speed the process. The site is so screwed up I couldn't both stay logged in to my account and check out. I tried for 30 minutes to get checked out even by just creating a new account on a different email address and got all my info in and hit the button to check out and nothing. No dice and sold out in that same time frame. At one point I had 2 in my cart being logged in and I tried to remove them and then add one (after other ways failed of just removing one) and ended up with 3 in my cart. So screwed up that site is. I've never been so frustrated trying to buy something.

I think this is a healthy thing for me. A wake up call to buying too many games anyway and the realization that while I didn't intend to have a complete collection I liked the idea enough to try and get these obscure rare games as they popped up in case I changed my mind. I felt the urge to purge afterwards so I went ahead and hit Amazon and cancelled my EDF2 and LoH Trails of Cold Steel preorders. I still want Trails of Cold Steel but I can wait for it.

Anyway I think this marks the end of my rash of vita purchases for a while. I want a couple DS/3DS games ... mainly to finish out my Prof Layton collection... but outside of that I was pretty much done until Fire Emblem Fates SE dropped anyway.

On a positive note... Bastion is $2.85 on the PS4 and crossbuy with the vita... so I got something on the cheap.

Oh thanks for the headsup on Bastion. I wasn't going to bother but if its cross buy i may give it a shot.

Sorry about the crap with NISA. I missed out on D4 unfortunatly myself but that was up for longer than 30 minutes =P If you wanted the LE for trails you may have wanted to keep that. Im not sure how easy that will be to find later

I picked up Ben 10 Galactic Racing at Gamestop and that game is surprisingly decent. I read some review saying the game was terrible but so far I think it's okay.

Thank you everyone for not ripping me a new one in venting my frustration with NIS America. I probably should have went to bed when buying the game was a complete failure but it was eye opening the lengths I was going to go just in case I wanted to make a run at a complete collection. Now that that's out of my system, I feel a lot better. I hit a GS store on Sunday that had Prof Layton Vs Phoenix Wright used (&Complete) so I burned my $15 and $10 off coupons from CyberMonday and got it for under $5. Also grabbed Assassins Creed 3 Liberation (Complete) for the Vita and a cart only copy of Trace Memory ... couple that with 10% off and it was just over $22 for the lot. I feel like that was a solid deal especially considering I only had enough points for a $10 coupon before the generous cyber monday sale on them.

Oh thanks for the headsup on Bastion. I wasn't going to bother but if its cross buy i may give it a shot.

Sorry about the crap with NISA. I missed out on D4 unfortunatly myself but that was up for longer than 30 minutes =P If you wanted the LE for trails you may have wanted to keep that. Im not sure how easy that will be to find later
Crossbuy was part of what made the deal hard to resist. Then again, Bastion is a pretty well loved indie game so I probably would have bought a standalone copy for that price. Maybe now that I have it on Vita I'll actually play through it since I never got around to my iOS or Steam copies!

I didn't preorder the LE version of Trails of Cold Steel just the standalone game. It isn't a bad deal for the LE but I really just wanted the game more than something else big to display. Especially since I know I'd never use the box/case thing that'll house both games. I don't think it will be hard to find it later... and since it comes out on the 22nd anyway it may be easier to get in store if I get the urge to get it at launch rather than waiting for the sometimes mega slow free shipping with Amazon. Either way, that's a couple less charges to pay off when the next bill comes due.

Deemo the Last Recital Boxart. (Game has Eng subs, Asia only)
Demo-Retail-Release-Ann-SCEJA_001.jpg

Limited Edition
Demo-Retail-Release-Ann-SCEJA_002.jpg

I think it's worth the price -- but it's a use case question. My gaming is 50% Vita native, 30% Remote Play, 20% on PS4. If Remote Play isn't a great experience, I end up getting so little value from my PS4 that it wouldn't even be worth having one. So I've invested in the R2/L2 grip, a travel router, and a PS TV. I take all of them with me so I can get the best experience possible from the road (depends on whether the hotel has a hardline and where it is vis a vis TV). I also used eBay bucks to get XBox-one tipped thumbstick extensions. Between the trigger grip and better range on the thumbs, Remote Play is leagues better than stock.

Anyway, I'd recommend the R2/L2 grip to anyone who is using a Vita from Remote Play at home a lot because a spouse or significant other is using the TV. PS TV at home actually makes no sense to me unless it's being used for PSP games and PS1 classics on the same TV as the PS4. I'm probably going to dump my PS TV and get a second Vita Slim -- dedicate one to Remote Play and never take the grip off so the damn thing won't break, use the second one for Vita native stuff while commuting and traveling.

I know affiliate link stuff is frowned on, but I can give a Zenmarket.jp link and promo code to anyone who'd like to import the grip. Using both will get you a 500 Yen credit to apply to any order shipped to US by December 31. Grips run between 3500 and 4000 yen with shipping in Japan and ZenMarket's per item fee, +1200 yen to ship EMS (express) to the US. At current exchange rates that's ~$37-38 with the promo. You could shave $3-5 off by using slower AirMail service.
ZenMarket is waiving their per item fee for the next three days (through December 11). Coupled with referral credit for new users that's 800 Yen knocked off usual re-ship price. ~$32 with slow shipping / $36 with fast shipping for the 2000 model. 1000 model pre-orders would be a bit less.

Where are you guys seeing Bastion on sale? I just browsed the ps4 deals page on my PS4 and its not listed under the general tab or any of the specific sales pages.

Deemo the Last Recital Boxart. (Game has Eng subs, Asia only)
Demo-Retail-Release-Ann-SCEJA_001.jpg

Limited Edition
Demo-Retail-Release-Ann-SCEJA_002.jpg

I asked but didn't get an answer. Can you cancel orders at Play-asia? I was waiting for actual info on what the hell the LE version will include. But would like to get an order for the regular in in case the LE sucks. I know some import sites dont let you cancel orders once placed though. Im almost positive you cant with Ami-Ami

Where are you guys seeing Bastion on sale? I just browsed the ps4 deals page on my PS4 and its not listed under the general tab or any of the specific sales pages.

I asked but didn't get an answer. Can you cancel orders at Play-asia? I was waiting for actual info on what the hell the LE version will include. But would like to get an order for the regular in in case the LE sucks. I know some import sites dont let you cancel orders once placed though. Im almost positive you cant with Ami-Ami
You can't. But you might be able to get it cancelled if you contact them on Facebook.

You can't cancel with amiami. They'll do it for you once, but then you can't order from them anymore after that.

If you decide you don't want the LE, I'll give you cost + shipping + a couple bucks for it. I completely missed when the LEs went live on Play-Asia and it went OOS before I noticed it was even up.

A single copy (I think) of htoL#NiQ LE popped up and I just bought it so if you missed it before it might be a good idea to keep an eye on it today. I was keeping an eye on it since my order never showed up in my email/order history but this one showed up immediately.

Edit: My first order did go through and I just canceled it. It's on the site now. 

http://store.nisamerica.com/htol-niq-the-firefly-diary-limited-edition

Weird. It doesn't show up when i go to the various sales pages on PS4 at all. Guess only a search works. Snagged a copy. Even though i have it on PC and 360, i've never played it. I think i may actually give it a go on the vita.

You can't. But you might be able to get it cancelled if you contact them on Facebook.

You can't cancel with amiami. They'll do it for you once, but then you can't order from them anymore after that.
Lame. Guess i'll just order the vanilla copy because theres no real info on what the hell the LE has. Maybe get the LE later if it seems cool

*edit* looks like someone posted what the LE has.. not too bad. But looks like its already sold out on play-asia. Too bad. Any idea if Ami-Ami or anyone else will get it?

If you decide you don't want the LE, I'll give you cost + shipping + a couple bucks for it. I completely missed when the LEs went live on Play-Asia and it went OOS before I noticed it was even up.
Yea didn't bite myself. I wasn't going to preorder it with no info at all as to what the hell it has. Especially when i wasn't sure i could cancel the order (evidently i couldn't)

A single copy (I think) of htoL#NiQ LE popped up and I just bought it so if you missed it before it might be a good idea to keep an eye on it today. I was keeping an eye on it since my order never showed up in my email/order history but this one showed up immediately.

Edit: My first order did go through and I just canceled it. It's on the site now.

http://store.nisamerica.com/htol-niq-the-firefly-diary-limited-edition
I noticed your post shortly after it went up. I think it barely lasted a few minutes if that before it went back out of stock. I'm done trying to get older games from NISA.

The one thing I don't get is why they don't just make more. Not the LE's if they are indeed to be Limited but we all learned from Breach & Clear that 1500 is either the minimum or close to the minimum production order. I don't see why companies don't produce more vanilla copies of their own games when they sell out to meet demand and at least sell on Amazon to broaden their customer base. I would have happily bought one of the $20 copies of htoL#NIQ ages ago if it had been in stock. Same for Ar Nosurge if they made a vanilla version even for $30 or $40.

Competing to be a customer is no fun when the supply isn't enough to meet even a portion of the demand and a good percent of the purchasers are folks that are buying simply to resell at crazy marked up prices.

Weird. It doesn't show up when i go to the various sales pages on PS4 at all. Guess only a search works. Snagged a copy. Even though i have it on PC and 360, i've never played it. I think i may actually give it a go on the vita.
It wasn't part of any specific sale, I don't think. It was just on sale. When I hit the webstore I just looked at all games on sale and it was among that main group. I rarely use the actual store on my sony consoles and it's mainly to go download something I already bought.

Anyone getting EDF 2 for Vita? It released today, here's an early review:

http://www.heypoorplayer.com/2015/12/08/earth-defence-force-2-review/

I'll be getting it for sure, maybe for $24 at BB with GCU:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-ps-vita/5579026.p?id=1219653094996&skuId=5579026

I wonder if it will have a small production run? Doesn't seem like a game that they'd make a lot of.
Destructoid also reviewed it: http://www.destructoid.com/review-earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-325189.phtml

8/10 isn't bad.

I'd like to get it, but probably won't for some time. It's encouraging to see positive reviews. EDF is a series I've always wanted to like (I've only played the first game on 360).

Anyone getting EDF 2 for Vita? It released today, here's an early review:

http://www.heypoorplayer.com/2015/12/08/earth-defence-force-2-review/

I'll be getting it for sure, maybe for $24 at BB with GCU:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-ps-vita/5579026.p?id=1219653094996&skuId=5579026

I wonder if it will have a small production run? Doesn't seem like a game that they'd make a lot of.
Definitely. Mine shows up today from Amazon.

I loved EDF 2017 back on the 360. That, along with Split/Second on PS3, was some of the best same-screen co-op I played last gen. I had it pre-ordered at BB with GCU, but ended up shaving another couple bucks off be ordering at Amazon during their Cyber Week sale last week. Think it ended up being $21 something.

The Vita one might be a bit lower print run. I wouldn't expect the PS4 version to be all that limited though. The last gen versions of EDF are pretty easy to come by cheaply.

Only a few locations reported them at launch haven't heard nothing since then so my guess is the few Best Buy that got them then wasn't supposed to and the deliveries were meant for GameStop shipments and got mixed in with some Best Buy shipments

Only a few locations reported them at launch haven't heard nothing since then so my guess is the few Best Buy that got them then wasn't supposed to and the deliveries were meant for GameStop shipments and got mixed in with some Best Buy shipments
During PSX they were handing out blue Vitas so maybe the black production line got swapped for blue?

The Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy for Vita will be digital only and will come out in April.
Do you have a confirmation link for the digital-only part? The only article with detailed info that I found is Gematsu's, and they don't explicitly mention that the Vita trilogy will be digital-only.

Do you have a confirmation link for the digital-only part? The only article with detailed info that I found is Gematsu's, and they don't explicitly mention that the Vita trilogy will be digital-only.
Maybe a Retail Edition will be a announced. :lol: That was my mistake. On the plus side, there will be retail edition for the PS4/X1.

I keep hoping that someday we get a sequel or follow-up. Every time my buddies come vidit we always end up spending the entire weekend playing it.
I'm still hoping that someday the PSP version will go on sale on PSN so I can put it on my Vita. I still fire the game up from time to time. one of my favorite stress-reliever games.

My EDF2 shipped today t​oo. I'm tempted to get 4.1 for PS4 later but I still have 2025 so I'm not in a rush.

I'm still hoping that someday the PSP version will go on sale on PSN so I can put it on my Vita. I still fire the game up from time to time. one of my favorite stress-reliever games.

My EDF2 shipped today t​oo. I'm tempted to get 4.1 for PS4 later but I still have 2025 so I'm not in a rush.
You just missed it. Split/Second for psp was on sale for $5 on psn last week.

Went to GS to grab EDF2 with the $5 coupon. The guy couldn't find it despite the online stock locator saying they have stock.

Anybody else have any luck with GS?

Went to GS to grab EDF2 with the $5 coupon. The guy couldn't find it despite the online stock locator saying they have stock.

My GS didn't get the chance to put them out because they received them this afternoon. I'm guessing it's the same with the other GS that they'll get the game today when they normally get new releases the day before.

I just got back from mine (wanted to get Wipeout 2048 with the $5, but they had a mint Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition which I've been looking for!), and they had their EDF's out. Actually, this GS has quite a good stock of Vita games, all in like-new condition (even used ones) and only a couple with generic cases (Wipeout was one of those unfortunately).

Stopped by a location whilst running errands and saw a copy or two. Going to go back and burn off a GC and a $5 off coupon for it.

Not sure if I should ask this here or in the collectors edition thread but is the disco fever edition of persona dancing all night worth it?

Not sure if I should ask this here or in the collectors edition thread but is the disco fever edition of persona dancing all night worth it?
I picked it up from Jet.com when they had the 25 off 50 coupon active so I ended up getting the Disco Fever edition for like 7 bucks more than the normal edition. It comes in a bigger box that includes a carrying case, Teddie keychain, two sets of costumes and I think a DLC song. It also includes a vita skin for the slim and the soundtrack on a CD.

If you'll use the extra or like collecting things, I'd say go for it. I really enjoyed the game too though it's pretty easy until you unlock the hardest difficulty

It's worth it for the 2 disk soundtrack alone, IMO. Getting the pouch (It is super nice) and keychain are just icing on the cake.

Anyone think that the P4:DAN LE price will drop anytime soon? And is the carrying case good protection for the Vita slim? I need a case for my Vita, and was thinking of just buying this with GCU to kill two birds with one stone.

Anyone think that the P4:DAN LE price will drop anytime soon? And is the carrying case good protection for the Vita slim? I need a case for my Vita, and was thinking of just buying this with GCU to kill two birds with one stone.
Probably not really soon, but if the Persona Q LE was any indication, the price will drop significantly within a year. The Persona Q LE went from $80 to ~$35 now.

I don't know about Operation Abyss. I'm not a fan of 12 year olds in bikinis, regardless of their age being changed to 17 for a US release. USgamer says its a pretty old school dungeon crawler, even more archaic than Etrian Odyssey.

bread's done
Back