PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it would sell out that fast. We have an hour or two give or take. And if gets sold out in less than an hour, LRG will make all 2 item orders into 1 and open the rest up again to another time
I didn't know that but that's great. I was getting worried I wouldn't be able to buy Saturday Morning RPG because of the attention LRG is getting. When I got my copy of Breach and Clear it was easy.

I don't think it would sell out that fast. We have an hour or two give or take. And if gets sold out in less than an hour, LRG will make all 2 item orders into 1 and open the rest up again to another time
Except that millions of people read Kotaku and have probably never even heard of LRG. So let's say .01% of those readers are now interested in picking up stuff from LRG. Good luck.

I'm pretty sure they are limiting orders to 1, though you can buy 1 PS4 and 1 Vita version.

I'm pretty sure they are limiting orders to 1, though you can buy 1 PS4 and 1 Vita version.
It's 2 per Order for the first 24 hours. It'll be 1 per Order if it sells out in less than an hour. That is what LRG said unless it recently changed.

The Vita version of the game will be limited to 2,500 copies worldwide. As with the PS4 version, there will be 100 copies available bundled with the physical soundtrack CD. The game will retail for $24.99. The soundtrack and game bundle will be $39.99.

Saturday Morning RPG will be available at the following times:

990 PlayStation 4 copies and 1,250 PlayStation Vita copies will be available at 10:00AM EST on January 29th, 2016.

Followed by

990 PlayStation 4 copies and 1,250 PlayStation Vita copies at 6:00PM EST on January 29th, 2016.

These will be limited to two of each per platform per order for the first 24 hours of sale. After that the two per order limit will be lifted.

This is too funny to not share. DOAX3 on Vita will have custom touch controls.

"Using touch screen gestures, if players flick the screen, they can summon a gust of wind which can be used, depending on the strength of the gesture, to manipulate either a girl's hair, outfit, and breasts. By using a pinch gesture, this will allow players to amplify a girl's cleavage by squeezing her chest together."

http://m.play-asia.com/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-vita-details-and-owner-mode/5f/7479n

I wonder what the KickStarter Collector's Box will look like? Image of the Japanese Collector's Box.:

[attachment=19768:muv_luv_boxset.jpg]

I wonder what the KickStarter Collector's Box will look like? Image of the Japanese Collector's Box.:

attachicon.gif
muv_luv_boxset.jpg
There's a small icon on the kickstarter site.

The one at the top.

7813f76b1604111d43daa1d499a021eb_original.png

Well DT2 sure doesn't pull any punches. I died on the second fight off the game, then the first fight, then nearly died on the first fight again.

Of course it wasn't until the third time of sitting through all the dialog I realized that when it told me "camp menu" was unlocked that it meant the screen where I could save. Fun so far otherwise.

I pledged for both the Muv Luv and Libra of the Vampire Princess Kickstarters.

I've seen the Bloodstained Kickstarter mentioned a few times and thought I had missed out. It looks like you can still pledge and get a physical game on the platform of your choice.

Well DT2 sure doesn't pull any punches. I died on the second fight off the game, then the first fight, then nearly died on the first fight again.

Of course it wasn't until the third time of sitting through all the dialog I realized that when it told me "camp menu" was unlocked that it meant the screen where I could save. Fun so far otherwise.
I missed the exit to the dungeon and thought I had to beat the boss to get out of the dungeon. Boy did I feel stupid after finding it.

Also for anyone playing Dungeon Travelers 2.....be sure to when you get it change the party formation....mage in back fighter in front....I struggled until someone told me this earlier. Simple stuff but the dang game doesn't explain crap.

I pledged for both the Muv Luv and Libra of the Vampire Princess Kickstarters.

I've seen the Bloodstained Kickstarter mentioned a few times and thought I had missed out. It looks like you can still pledge and get a physical game on the platform of your choice.
How can I add my pledge for bloodstained?

Remember folks, you have two opportunities to get one. 10AM EST and at 6PM EST

If you really want one, I expect you to be ready once it goes live.

By the way, the trophy list is out.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4264-Saturday-Morning-RPG
Yup. I put in for a half day at work so I can be ready for the early opening, go to my Dr. appointment, then strut back to work like I just scored 4 touchdowns in a single game.

Oh you don't think that do you? Suggested reading material:

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18901&highlight=breach+clear

It's getting tricky for me to keep track of physical releases :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Physical Vita Games:
Listed alphabetically with release date after game title.

- 2016 -
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (3/15)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles (4/5)
Attack on Titan (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Gal*Gun: Double Peace (TBA)
Lego: Marvel Avengers (1/26)
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (4/26)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (November)
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! (TBA)
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (6/7)
Saturday Morning RPG (1/29)
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (3/15)
Stranger of Sword City (4/19)
Teslagrad (1st Quarter)
Trillion: God of Destruction (3/29)
World of Final Fantasy (TBA)
Zero Escape: Volume 3: Zero Time Dilemma (TBA)

- 2017 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doesn't everyone here keep a file on their computer just to track this stuff?

I keep track in a file called 2016 Video Games to buy. I have a lot of those as for sure buys and some maybes and a few nos until cheaper like Aegis.

I may be called crazy but I wont want to play Odin Sphere on the PS Vita.....need those beautiful graphics on my PS4. Same with Shinovi Estrial Versus. The Vita just isn't the powerhouse it used to be be cause of system memory or such.

Trillion, Stranger of Sword City and Zero Escape 3 are perfect for the Vita though, and those are mainly on portable systems anyway.

Doesn't everyone here keep a file on their computer just to track this stuff?
I have resorted to creating an Amazon wishlist, every Vita game I'm remotely interested in (released, or announced that they list) I add to the list. If I have it on my computer... i'll forget its there.

I found that I buy more Vita games this way though.. browse Amazon and check for any "deals" on my wishlist. End up noticing the price drops more and add games to my cart to add to a growing backlog.

Vita: it's an addiction.

Sekai Project is 'Looking Into' Bringing Root Double Game to PS Vita

Video game localizer and publisher Sekai Project announced in an update on Tuesday on its Kickstarter campaign to localize and release Regista/Yeti and Takumi Nakazawa's Root Double: Before Crime * After Days: Xtend Edition visual novel that it is looking into the possibility of bringing the game to the PlayStation Vita, as well as more backer tiers and rewards. The updates also began streaming two trailers for the game, featuring the game's two story routes.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/posts/1467302

Sekai wants that monies guys.
It's official now
if you spend at least $225 :p
and it's digital only, I know ya'll'll shit a brick
OOMt7L8.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/posts/1473372

PSVita approved + Game Play Video + New Tiers

TL;DR: PSVita approved by Sony, Regista, and Yeti, programming will be handled by Regista, will take at least a year to release due to multiple factors. Tiers $225 and up can pledge for it. Also check out the game play video!
Hi everyone, Audi here. I work with our console and handheld developments here at Sekai Project, and I wanted to personally write to you all today as we been working day and night to deliver you today’s announcement.

Today, Regista, Yeti, and Sekai Project are happy to announce that we will be offering a PlayStation Vita port to the campaign. Additionally, I would like to share with you some details what made this development rather challenging for us and why we were not able to add this reward sooner, as well as the results of our constant work. Naturally, the desire to offer our fans a PSVita port was shared among all of us through all parties involved, and has been discussed thoroughly. However, there are a number of significant challenges tied to this becoming reality.

Programming and Licensing

• First of all, there are the challenges of Regista adapting the PSVita version's engine to be compatible with the English scripts. It is not a simple task of merely replacing the Japanese text with English text. It is a matter of reformatting the entire engine to accommodate the English script.
  • This requires full development from Regista with full QA support. Combined with other various factors such as re-licensing the voices for a new region and porting, this means it will take at least a year for it to be released. Thus, the PSVita port won’t launch alongside the PC version this coming March. We understand for some this might like a long wait, but I am personally overseeing and assuring all of you continuous update and insight into the full development of the PSVita port.
Size

• The second issue is that the game's size exceeds the size limitations of PSVita’s physical medium (this was the case even with the Japanese version). This means that we can only offer the PSVita version digitally, which for many is a non-issue, but for some let down in a Kickstarter campaign. We want our fans rewarded accordingly as they choose to support our project, and this was a concern for everyone involved which needed to be discussed thoroughly in order to reach a comfortable option for everyone.
Pricing

• I also want to break down the pricing for those of you who will look at other campaigns for comparison. In order for us to secure and ensure a PSVita port, we worked together and discussed with Sony directly how to find the most solid solution to realize development. First off, the PSVita port is exclusive to the $225 tier and up.
Reasons for pricing

• First, we want to guarantee this reward completely, since we worked very hard to get it added to the campaign. Therefore, it has been placed at tiers $225 and up to ensure that the additional development funds are gathered rather than teasing a stretch goal only for it to potentially not get met, leaving no one happy. Other campaigns that offer PSVita versions as a pledge have often required an amount near 500k or so to help fund development.
  • However, as faith to our backers we have decided either we have to omit developing the PSVita version entirely or place it at an amount where it can be guaranteed regardless of stretch goals met. We know we are taking a risk with this, but we want to offer what you guys are asking from us.
  • Secondly, as stated, the game is too big for the PSVita's physical medium, so we are not comfortable adding PSVita to a tier in which there are simply no rewards beyond a digital download considering the limited availability of the physical goods that are exclusive to this Kickstarter and cost of development that comes with this development. Therefore, for your backing of the PSVita, you will receive the assorted rewards that are included with the PSVita tiers that will only be produced for this Kickstarter campaign along with a copy of the game for the PC, all of which you can enjoy while development on the PSVita version is ongoing.

But now, we are here, and we have gotten the approval to add and develop a brand new English PSVita port of Root Double! Everyone on the team has been toiling around the clock to make this a reality. We at Sekai Project and Regista have heard your voices, and never stopped working to find a solution. Now, we can finally say that Root Double will come to the PSVita.

Gameplay Video

The long awaited gameplay video is now available! Please enjoy the first 25 minutes of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAMMSCwL3NA

Tier Updates

Also, as special thanks to backers, we’re adding your name to the True Ending credits of the game if you’re on the $99 or higher pledge. We also updated the right sidebar to include dedicated tiers for PS Vita version. If you are on a tier that doesn’t have PS Vita version included, you can swap to it easily.

PTVHa0t.png

It's official now
if you spend at least $225 :p and it's digital only, I know ya'll'll shit a brick
Oh my, and that price point is, a bit out there. Really though, I'm not sure if these people actually have an clue what they're talking about, and from reading that message my guess is they don't. If your porting it to the Vita then obviously there is a lot more to that than just the script. For example, the images, backgrounds, sprites, and all imagery will need to be resized (reduced) for the fixed resolution of the PS Vita, which in and of itself mean the game will not occupy as much data capacity on the Vita. There is also the issue of resizing the CG/cut-scene video files and then converting them to take advantage of a Vita proprietary video compression format, which again will reduce the data size. Then there will be files pertaining only making the game run properly in various Windows environments, which again, cut, gone, unneeded. What I am honestly taking away from this crazy announcement is that Sekai is not at all serious about ever producing/publishing a game on the Vita and they are pre-announcing failure for a Vita port while still dangling that carrot out there in the hopes of some suckers pledging tons of money out of wishful thinking.

Even further to consider is that the Muv Luv Trilogy will be on two Vita game carts with the first two titles, which both run on the same game engine sharing a cartridge, and the third title in the trilogy being on the second cartridge. I don't mean to nag, but Sekai seems to be oblivious as to how the darn games work and just makes me appreciate The Muv luv Team (Agesoft) and MiKandi Japan (Xero) all the more.

I don't mean to nag, but Sekai seems to be oblivious as to how the darn games work and just makes me appreciate The Muv luv Team (Agesoft) and MiKandi Japan (Xero) all the more.
They started out putting trash T&A 'Sakura' VNs on Steam so doesn't surprise me.

Root Double already exists on the Vita in Japan
They claim the Japanese version was digital only and that it's too big for the physical media. *shrug*

bread's done
Back