PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Root Double already exists on the Vita in Japan
You are correct, I was unaware. Quoted from their official Jpanese website, translated by BabelFish:

PlayStation VITA Edition (download only) game content is identical to the PlayStation 3 version.
To download PlayStation VITA Edition root double PlayStation VITA memory cards
4 GB of free space is required.
So the game is 4GB... Why do I seem to recall that PS Vita game carts can be manufactured with up to 8GB capacity?

You are correct, I was unaware. Quoted from their official Jpanese website, translated by BabelFish:
So the game is 4GB... Why do I seem to recall that PS Vita game carts can be manufactured with up to 8GB capacity?
Its not. The highest capcity for Vita Carts is 4. Sony hasnt bothered to make 8 gb vita carts. And i doubt they will

And they dont even want to do 4 gb on cart and download the rest online. And even if that was possible, the barrier to entry is stupidly expensive (225)

Its not. The highest capcity for Vita Carts is 4. Sony hasnt bothered to make 8 gb vita carts. And i doubt they will

And they dont even want to do 4 gb on cart and download the rest online. And even if that was possible, the barrier to entry is stupidly expensive (225)
They could probably make the voice acting free DLC which would cut down the size enough to put on a Vita cart, but I doubt that'll happen. I know they had to do that with the japanese voice overs for Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls.

After 3+ months, finally an update on Grisaia Vita.

We are currently getting a submission build for Sony to evaluate before we can get the final approval to release The Fruit of Grisaia on PSVita. We're also now officially licensed developers for PlayStation so it won't be as long as a process to get our games approved by Sony.
Basically a retread of the previous update and they are just barely sending the 1st game to approval.

They didn't make much of an effort with Grisaia because people threw enough money at them for the PC version. The only reason they are dancing around this shenanigans with the Vita crowd now is because as it stands Root Double doesn't look like it will make its goal if they don't do something.

Though I doubt offering the Vita crowd digital only at $225 is going to do much either. :p

Uh-oh, this doesn't bode well for Criminal Girls 2. Japanese pre-order bonus is beyond merely ecchi.:

[attachment=19774:pop_img01.png]

Not to mention the contest prizes they are offering... autographed and framed, yeah... no.

[attachment=19775:cg2_promo.jpeg]

Sekai Project just sent this out.

Hey everyone! We're holding our newest giveaway to all newsletter subscribers!

Prizes:

5 Grand prize winners which include a Physical copy of CLANNAD, Physical copy of The Fruit of Grisaia, and a choice of 2 Steam keys from our pool of released games on Steam.

20 winners who will get 1 Steam Key from a pool of our released games on Steam.

How to enter:

Pledge $30 to our latest Kickstarter Root Double- Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition and you will automatically be entered as long as the email we have on file matches your Kickstarter email! It's that simple! Also this applies to everyone who already pledged! (Unless you unsubscribed from the Newsletter)

They really want your money to fund Root Double.

Uh-oh, this doesn't bode well for Criminal Girls 2. Japanese pre-order bonus is beyond merely ecchi.:

pop_img01.png

Not to mention the contest prizes they are offering... autographed and framed, yeah... no.

cg2_promo.jpeg
Signed panties would be a great idea for LE extras. Low production costs for them. High keepsake value for me. It's not like I go around buying panties myself, so I'd like it if games included it as an extra.

attachicon.gif
pop_img01.png

attachicon.gif
cg2_promo.jpeg
Can't say they don't know their audience.

Let's just take a moment to remember that as bizarre as that stuff is to Westerners, you can literally buy used panties in a vending machine in Japan.
I didn't see any of those when I was in Tokyo last May, but I wasn't really paying attention to vending machines other then for drinks. I guess I'll keep an eye out for them and see if they actually exist when I go for vacation again in April.

Signed panties would be a great idea for LE extras. Low production costs for them. High keepsake value for me. It's not like I go around buying panties myself, so I'd like it if games included it as an extra.
As a guy I don't go around buying women's undergarments. But your comment just reminded me of something I had forgetten about. I bought every DVD volume of the anime series Shuffle (released by Funimation) some years ago, and the sixth and final volume included the series art box to hold all six volumes, which included a smaller box therein as a bonus which contained purple panties with the word "GOD" screen printed there upon. Kind of creepy, and still packed away somewhere in storage. Did someone at Funimation actually think that was a good bonus item to include with an anime DVD from a series targeted expressly at a male audience? Really got to wonder. :whistle2:k

... Err, and as I was typed this my eyes fell upon the copy of Moe Chronicle which arrived in the mail a week or two back. And I'll gladly admit that Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed is one of my favorite Vita games, also the first Vita game that i spent over a hundred hours playing. So it's not that I'm prudish, simply put the idea of acquiring women's panties in real life comes across as creepy.

Anywho, back on topic, sort of, I have web space once again (not on Angelfire, hooray!) and will be getting the collectors list page of my website re-established (aka back online) at some point this week and will definitely let everyone here know when that happens. Also spent hours again today refining the page layout of the print version of the full-fledged PS Vita R1 Directory, which is an ongoing side project not to be confused with the continuing free version I've been making publicly available since March of last year. And I must say, the layout has been the biggest headache to overcome as I already have the content, but the presentation has, simply put, been a nightmare to implement. But the form is now made as of tonight and ahead lies the task of transitioning the layout into an MS Word format file and then proceeding to add the contents, write/type the articles, proof it, etcetera. Anyone have content requests or suggestions of information you'd like to see in this destined to be 80+ page endeavor?

What you talk about JCAII? Me no is FBI spy robot. Me is real person who play game. How about those sport team, buddy? Ha ha ha.

Dead giveaway.

Otherwise totally believable dialect with people like slidecage and masterkyo.. ...unless :whistle2:k

So looks like the Steins Gate LE is literally just a box, calendar, and game.

What a complete, but expected utter disappointment.

What's the point of adding a bonus that becomes obsolete after a year.  I rather just have art cards, soundtrack, or anything else. ~_~

And another fyi, the box is spacious inside, so beware of impending crushing and creasing depending on how your item is packaged by Amazon. :(

Yep, my Steins Gate LE arrived in a bubble mailer and was flattened to hell.  Sending it back for a replacement... which I'm sure will arrive in the exact same manner.

I also ordered a Chrono Phantasma Extend for $27.   That arrived with a massive gash down the front (all the way through the shrink wrap, case sleeve, and cover art), presumably from a box cutter.  Also going back.

Yep, my Steins Gate LE arrived in a bubble mailer and was flattened to hell. Sending it back for a replacement... which I'm sure will arrive in the exact same manner.

I also ordered a Chrono Phantasma Extend for $27. That arrived with a massive gash down the front (all the way through the shrink wrap, case sleeve, and cover art), presumably from a box cutter. Also going back.
Amazon has certainly been a let down on the shipping aspect for sure for me as well.

Took me 3 tries to get a Corpse Party shipped to me that wasn't damaged to hell. =/

I bought three Steins Gate Limited Edition from Amazon hopping at least one would arrive in good shape but they all arrived with damage :(

Amazon has certainly been a let down on the shipping aspect for sure for me as well.

Took me 3 tries to get a Corpse Party shipped to me that wasn't damaged to hell. =/
I guess I am lucky with amazon. I don't buy much off amazon because of best buy and GCU. But the few things I haven't been able to get from BB ive gotten from amazon in immaculate shape. Xenoblade Chonicles X SE. Fallout 4 Pipboy Edition. and my Ys Memories of Celcta Silver Anniversary Edition

So looks like the Steins Gate LE is literally just a box, calendar, and game.

What a complete, but expected utter disappointment.

What's the point of adding a bonus that becomes obsolete after a year. I rather just have art cards, soundtrack, or anything else. ~_~

And another fyi, the box is spacious inside, so beware of impending crushing and creasing depending on how your item is packaged by Amazon. :(
But isn't that what they advertised would be in the Calendar Edition? Not sure I understand the disappointment unless you were thinking it'd be the El Psy Kongroo Edition that was more than double the price.

Have there been any Playstation TV sales lately? kinda looking to buy one after mine was snatched away after one of my nephews visited..

A long time ago when I was living with my sister, a few neighbor kids came over to play with my niece. I noticed they kept eyeing my game collection, and before they left I spotted my Vice City in one of their backpacks.

Had to grab it and run a quick inventory before they left.

Have there been any Playstation TV sales lately? kinda looking to buy one after mine was snatched away after one of my nephews visited..
They had a refurbished one in an email a day or two ago on newegg. I think it was under $30. I don't know what makes it refurbished as I have one and only casually contemplated getting an extra.

Seeing as how I am having bad luck with getting cool extra stuff.... did anyone who purchased Dungeon Travelers 2 from BestBuy not receive the calendar edition? 

Seeing as how I am having bad luck with getting cool extra stuff.... did anyone who purchased Dungeon Travelers 2 from BestBuy not receive the calendar edition?
The game was individually wrapped with the same UPC so someone could have removed the calendar and kept it and returned the game.

I believe the only edition has it shrinkwrapped along with it. Only way you're not getting it, is if it's used.

The Muv-Luv Team says:
【Bravo Leader Status Report】

Hello Everyone,

We have a short update about the signatures, and it's great news! :)

As mentioned on our previous announcement, we will be making the Collector's boxes in the US, while the TSF boxes will be shipped directly as soon as they're made so there's no way for the dev team to sign directly.

We first offered the sticker solution for the TSF boxes, and printed team signature for the Collector's Boxes...

Now, we're happy to announce that the Japanese development team will be undertaking the signing for the Collector's Boxes with stickers as well!

Thank you for giving us your thoughts with our most recent update. We apologize for any issues caused by the announcement and will continue to take your opinions into consideration for further Kickstarters. We hope to keep your faith in us strong!

Have a great day, comrades! o7

Cheers, 
The Muv-Luv Team

bread's done
Back