PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't charged for shipping at all.
Also had it set so it doesn't charge me until shipping/release
Well what the heck.... did you have to enter any codes or anything to get free shipping? I just added it to my cart again and it's still showing $3.99 for standard shipping when I go to checkout.

I don't buy games at full price but I am really wanting Digimon that I might fork over the $40 on Tuesday to support Bandai Namco and hopefully this means even more imports coming over west.

Anyone else in the same situation as me?

I don't buy games at full price but I am really wanting Digimon that I might fork over the $40 on Tuesday to support Bandai Namco and hopefully this means even more imports coming over west.

Anyone else in the same situation as me?
Same here except I'm getting the PS4 version to support physical and western sales numbers. This was one of those games that I never thought would be imported/localized. It's a miracle this happened at all with how Digimon All Star rumble was received.

I'm torn. I think I'm leaning towards buying the PS4 version for now because I can only afford one right now. The ability to play it on a bigger screen in probably higher def and a physical disc makes me lean towards that....though I love my vita collection. I just don't know.

I'm torn. I think I'm leaning towards buying the PS4 version for now because I can only afford one right now. The ability to play it on a bigger screen in probably higher def and a physical disc makes me lean towards that....though I love my vita collection. I just don't know.
I preordered the PS4 version, figured I'd rather play on the big screen. And paying more than the PS4 for a physical vita copy.. Pass.
Would like it on vita, but not paying more than the PS4 for it. Will maybe grab it digital if it drops to a decent price point.

Will physical vita games be rare or valuable in the future? wonder if should sell my finished games now or hold on to em.
Honestly, I doubt there will be a good future for physical vita games turning a good profit. Sure, some may spike up huge in price but I think ultimately it's not going to turn quite the same profit as say some of the Excellent classic GB/GBC/GBA games. Heck even a lot of the best DS games can still be bought new on Amazon... though some indeed have spiked in price (like the first DS Advance Wars game) others can easily be had for $20 or less new. Part of what made Advance Wars Dual Strike (talking new/sealed) become worth so much is the fact that it's not just a game but an excellent game in a well loved series that is rare to find new/sealed. Used, it's not so pricey but still better than a lot of other games. Also a big factor in classic games going up happens to be the popularity of the system and games during their time. The reason some games go up on the used market is simply because kids get older and realize that selling/trading-in some well loved game was a huge mistake and they want to relive the game on the original platform. The bigger the original audience the more of these people come back to track down the games.

For Vita, and especially the used market, I think the big games to hold for value would be stuff like Tales of Hearts R. A game with somewhat limited production and limited availability. Maybe if P4G ever disappears for good from retailers it too could spike up.

So i guess I'd say, if you care a lot about the value of the games... it's probably better to keep the best of the best games because honestly if they are that great then later sometime down the road they have a much better chance of being worth something. The licensed lego game? Probably not going to be cared about like the well crafted RPG. The multi-platform game that can be played easily on other platforms... probably not a high dollar future there.

Still part of these newer games going up in value is going to be lack of availability which PSN sort of squashes. IF Tales of Hearts R goes up to $100 one day but it's still available for $20 digital, people won't care as much about having a cart as actually just playing the game.

I noticed World of Final Fantasy PsVita is up for pre-order through Gamestop.. But it's listed at $59.99.. Seems a bit much

Honestly, I doubt there will be a good future for physical vita games turning a good profit. Sure, some may spike up huge in price but I think ultimately it's not going to turn quite the same profit as say some of the Excellent classic GB/GBC/GBA games. Heck even a lot of the best DS games can still be bought new on Amazon... though some indeed have spiked in price (like the first DS Advance Wars game).
I think the biggest argument against that line of reasoning is that the physical Vita library is much smaller than any of those, so there will always be people propping up the value of them as they try for complete sets.

Look at the CIB/sealed markets for 3DO, Jaguar, Sega CD, etc. I'd argue the Vita has a better following and (far) better library than any of those systems, but completionist collectors prop up the game values in those markets big time. Where the Vita might take a bit of a hit compared to the systems I mentioned is 1) the lack of manuals and 2) plastic cases instead of cardboard will likely make CIB stuff a bit more common. (I'd argue, however, that that factor is probably balanced out by how many 3DO, Jag, and SCD titles were never actually opened since poor overall retail sales caused a fairly robust NOS supply for 10 years or so post-system lifecycle.)

Just saw that people are having issues with update 3.57. Batteries draining faster than usual, unable to connect to store, unable to play digital games. Yikes!!!

http://kotaku.com/new-vita-update-is-causing-all-sorts-of-problems-1755750594
No wonder my Vita died yesterday when I just played for forty minutes on the train. I thought my Vita had bricked :wall:

According to my limited experience, playing drains battery at a normal rate, but standby now drains battery much much faster than it should.

The store has always been good for me, but I haven't installed the new update. Vita store is WAY better than PS3's, if anything lol
Huh, interesting. I've never had an issue with it on PS3 or PS4 but I constantly get disconnected on the Vita. Trying to browse my download/purchase history list disconnects me every time and no solutions I've found have rectified it. The latest update made it mostly behave how Kotaku described it above in addition to the other disconnects.

Is the PS3 store way slower than usual? I haven't used my PS3 in a while but my brother fixed one of my PS3 controllers so I was testing it out. It almost seemed unbearably slow.

No wonder my Vita died yesterday when I just played for forty minutes on the train. I thought my Vita had bricked :wall:

According to my limited experience, playing drains battery at a normal rate, but standby now drains battery much much faster than it should.
Yeah I just charged my Vita on Wednesday after noticing it was dead, it was dead when I came home today. Normally standby lasts weeks for me. God damn it Sony...

Who uses the store on any of the PS consoles? Masochists.
Most times I use the web store, 100000% easier.
I use the vita store from time to time, always use the download list there though. I can't pick which vita to send the game to.. Web store just gives the option of both the vita and PSTV.

I honestly haven't even turned on the PS3 in months.. It could have been fixed for all I know but it used to be extremely slow and annoying to use.

My Vita is still on 3.55
You must not have installed or added anything to the Vita recently. I can't do a damn thing without connecting to the internet, and they want you to update the firmware. Business as usual, Sony.

I don't have problems, but I haven't used it much recently, just to browse the web. Other times it's on Airplane mode.

It forced me to install the update the day it came out as I was playing Freedom Wars online intermittently that day. Honestly have not noticed the reduced battery life though, but will pay a bit more attention to that now.

Roger, those games arent released every year. Madden for example only had 1 year and is one of the most valuable games.
ceaf2fd31ef1ebb7ef1159c384b0aa25.gif

I've had this battery drain issue on my brand new Aqua Blue Vita. Put in standby mode last week, and very quickly (less than a day) the battery was in the red. I just turn it off now when not in use. Hope they fix it soon, pretty annoying.

Most times I use the web store, 100000% easier.
I use the vita store from time to time, always use the download list there though. I can't pick which vita to send the game to.. Web store just gives the option of both the vita and PSTV.

I honestly haven't even turned on the PS3 in months.. It could have been fixed for all I know but it used to be extremely slow and annoying to use.
The PSN store on the PS3? Yeah it's still a giant, buggy, kick you out to the dashboard after 30 seconds, piece of crap.

I thought it was my PS3 the only one having issues with the PSN store. Dumb Sony, they should have let the old look instead of this new buggy one.

***NSFC*** (Not safe for Collectors)  

So i'm hiding it behind a spoiler, it's graphic... so beware LE/CE box art collectors... 

This is typical how my LE/CE boxes get treated after I get my game out.. 

This finally showed up today, UPS lost the package the first time and Amazon made me wait a few days before they would send out a new one.

Yes, the game is all I kept.. rest is in the garbage already. Well, the spoon I'm keeping for my dog's soft food she gets on occasion. 

2d2bo7r.jpg

I know a few people here flip out over the tiniest of dents on their box... well this is how much *I* care about my boxes.  :lol:

***NSFC*** (Not safe for Collectors)

So i'm hiding it behind a spoiler, it's graphic... so beware LE/CE box art collectors...

This is typical how my LE/CE boxes get treated after I get my game out..

This finally showed up today, UPS lost the package the first time and Amazon made me wait a few days before they would send out a new one.

Yes, the game is all I kept.. rest is in the garbage already. Well, the spoon I'm keeping for my dog's soft food she gets on occasion.

2d2bo7r.jpg

I know a few people here flip out over the tiniest of dents on their box... well this is how much *I* care about my boxes. :lol:

I doubt any collector here cares much what happens to that box/set.

Shock value 1/10, would rip again.

Ok wiseguy.
There arent yearly sports games on vita so joke = fail.
Your vita game list is lacking my young padawan, you need more training... are you kylo ren?
Fifa soccer > Fifa Soccer 13 > Fifa 14 > Fifa 15 (Fifa on the vita is same same BUT different)

MLB 12: The Show > MLB 13: The Show > MLB 14: The Show > MLB 15: The Show (this one is a hard one to get physical outside Korea ;) )
Just to throw a random japanese horse racing one (IDK if physical though):
Winning Post 7 2013 > Winning Post 8 > Winning Post 8 2015 > Winning Post 8 2016

bread's done
Back