PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
But the GBA SP did improve on that, by including a backlit screen, and I re-bought one (and re-bought most of the games, lol). Still, no way would I call it one of the greatest handhelds released; the Vita and PSP beat it by a mile, IMO.
This is a fair argument. But it can also be applied to just about any hardware platform that goes through revisions. The same was definitely true about the DS. The original DS was a grey brick with screens of questionable quality, and lackluster controls and ergonomics. The DS Lite basically improved on every facet of the original DS's design.

The original author was probably referring to the overall product line, and not just the original model. I look at the PSP and Vita in much the same way. I partially consider the Vita to be an extension of the original PSP line. (especially since most PSP games run on the Vita digitally) I know they are actually different product lines. But I do applaud Sony for maintaining digital backwards compatibility.

So did others who pre-ordered Shiren not have the double discount either?

I'm pretty sure Amazon killed off the double discount now, but I just wanted to make sure it was the same for others.

My order doesn't even have the normal discount on it, much less the double one, lol.

I'm pretty sure Amazon killed off the double discount now, but I just wanted to make sure it was the same for others.

My order doesn't even have the normal discount on it, much less the double one, lol.
I'm in no discount land as well

I pre-ordered right when it was available and have not received the single or double discount yet.

Nope I don't have any as well

It seems that Japan is going to be dropping the Playstation TV. I'm kind of glad that I picked up a couple of them. It seems that they are going to be a little more on the rare side soon. I also feel strongly that the Playstation TV was a squandered opportunity. It is an excellent micro-console. With a less restrictive memory format and some decent software development, it could have easily been a great alternative to the more bulky home-console alternatives.

It seems that Japan is going to be dropping the Playstation TV. I'm kind of glad that I picked up a couple of them. It seems that they are going to be a little more on the rare side soon. I also feel strongly that the Playstation TV was a squandered opportunity. It is an excellent micro-console. With a less restrictive memory format and some decent software development, it could have easily been a great alternative to the more bulky home-console alternatives.
I like my PSTV and played Danganronpa 1&2 on it, with a friend over to share the experience. (even though I played the first game once on my Vita)

I Repurchased and started Replaying a few digital PSP games on it. (ZHP: Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilmon) It almost made me regret not buying a few more PSP games digitally to play on my TV. I don't really play many of my PSP titles on my vita, since I still have 3 of my PSP's (2 2000's and 1 3000 model) to play them on.

But if it wasn't for the clearance price of $66 with 2 digital games and a 8GB memory unit, I wouldn't have bothered with the "redundent" system. I still look forward to grabbing a crack to allow all (EDIT: physical) Vita games to work with it (regardless of the brokenness of said game) so I can play Disgaea 3 on the TV along with Disgaea 4. and try a few others out.

But if it wasn't for the clearance price of $66 with 2 digital games and a 8GB memory unit, I wouldn't have bothered with the "redundent" system.
I get this. The necessity of this system is highly suspect, especially given the number of alternatives available in the market these days. But one thing I always hear from people who encounter the PlayStation TV is how small and convenient it is. If you don't want some black monolith under your TV, the PSTV is a great option. It's small enough to slip behind your TV and forget about. And as a system for playing through a lot of the digital offerings on PSN, it's fantastic. The indie games, PS1 classics, PSP titles, and PS Vita games all look and play great on the system, with your choice of DualShock 3 or 4.

If it wasn't for those stinking expensive memory cards, the system might have reached a broader audience. And if Sony had just supported it with a couple of decent first-party titles. They really needed a solid local-multiplayer title like Towerfall to prove that the PlayStation TV was useful as more than just a way to play Vita games on the big screen. It didn't need to be big, but it needed to prove the utility of the PS TV as a viable micro-console, and local multiplayer was the best way to pull that off. As it stands the indie title Nidhogg is still one of the best demonstrations of this.

Been busy for a few days and missed some stuff. Can someone answer a couple questions about backing Libra of the Vampire Princess. If the stretch goal, which I understand is real close, is met it's definitely getting a Physical Vita release? I see it mentions (Pending Sony approval). Is the Physical version Kickstarter exclusive like Muv Luv is?

Also, I looked a few pages back and don't see the email address to request access to the backer kit. Can someone post it for me? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Also, I looked a few pages back and don't see the email address to request access to the backer kit. Can someone post it for me?

Thanks in advance for any help.
You can just send them a message through the kickstarter page.

That's what I did, and they got back to me right away.

He's right. It especially had first party support
FTFY

I haven't gotten the single discount on a lot of Amazon orders yet.

I think I know the answer to this, but should i go grab an Aqua blue vita (used but with the box, etc.), 3 (mediocre) games, and a 4GB memory card for $140? 

I think I know the answer to this, but should i go grab an Aqua blue vita (used but with the box, etc.), 3 (mediocre) games, and a 4GB memory card for $140?
Shipped?

Might be worth it if it's shipped price.

Also, nothing wrong with the joysticks, or anything like that?

I want a Aqua blue one too. :*(

I feel stupid for buying this!

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Analog-Stick-Cover-Vita-PlayStation/dp/B00XXSONHM/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i

I can't get the cover/grip off!

It feels like I would break the sticks or cut my skin.

I don't have nails to pull them out.

On the positive, the sticks do seem better and give better range of motion on vita.

I guess I am stuck with them on!
I have those in white and can remove them no problem. IDK how you would cut your skin with a rubber part though? Maybe yours are fake...

face to face pick up locally. Says he had it 2 months, but doesn't really use it. I'll test the sticks before handing over money.
I'd still try to see if he'd be willing to go down $10-$20 though if it were me.

While I do want it, going rates for those are typically $100-$120 still, so may want to haggle a bit at least.

What were the mediocre games that came with it?

I'd still try to see if he'd be willing to go down $10-$20 though if it were me.

While I do want it, going rates for those are typically $100-$120 still, so may want to haggle a bit at least.

What were the mediocre games that came with it?
PS all stars, call of duty, toukiden:age of demons (only PS all stars has the original case. I own all 3 games already)

PS all stars, call of duty, toukiden:age of demons (only PS all stars has the original case. I own all 3 games already)
Oh, is this a spare Vita?

If it is, definitely try to stick closer around to the $120 mark then.

If you didn't have a Vita yet, I would say it's a good place to start, but if it's an extra one, you should probably just wait it out for a better deal. :p

Oh, is this a spare Vita?

If it is, definitely try to stick closer around to the $120 mark then.

If you didn't have a Vita yet, I would say it's a good place to start, but if it's an extra one, you should probably just wait it out for a better deal. :p
yeah. it is a spare. I might be able to sell the games and memory card for around $40, so that wouldn't be too bad. (as an aside, COD does have the actual art/box....and the receipt inside from when he bought the game 4 days ago, used . I'll probably exchange it for one of the 25 remaining vita games i don't have).

I have those in white and can remove them no problem. IDK how you would cut your skin with a rubber part though? Maybe yours are fake...
They ARE plastic at the bottom right?

Mine, snapped into place once I push them down.

I'm trying to lean the sticks to the one angle, then push from bottom and pull from top.

Not enough to cut me, but it hurts.

They work fine, I wanted to try the grip ones.

Which do you prefer?

They ARE plastic at the bottom right?

Mine, snapped into place once I push them down.

I'm trying to lean the sticks to the one angle, then push from bottom and pull from top.

Not enough to cut me, but it hurts.

They work fine, I wanted to try the grip ones.

Which do you prefer?
yes, its more rigid in the bottom and yes its not the easiest to remove. What I do is instead of pulling it out I do a twist up motion until it releases, they basically are a permanent staple on mine so I haven't removed them after I decide which one I wanted to use. I like the ones with the dots on top more than the smooth one. But that is personal preference though.

If you guys don't have a vita tv I suggest picking one up now because they have been discontinued. Great for playing ps1, psp and vita rpg's on your tv.

I have 6 copies of Supremacy MMA on the way. Will post again once they come in and list their condition, etc. I know some of you are looking for it.

giphy.gif
yeah. Also throw in the stuff the vita and ps3 had like netflix crunchy roll and hulu and it would make a nice mini player for those to hook up to the tv. Sure there was a mod to get those on there but sony patched it so for those of us who bought them from bestbuy/sony in november when the 40$ bundles and 20$ stand alones were on sale are out of luck.

The Playstation TV is a fantastic little micro console. I have 4, two in use in my house, and two as backups. Great way to play PSP games on the TV, and Vita games really look great and play well. It's really a steal at the prices available recently.

Questions.   PSP will be taking off PSN store by end of March (3/31). what's happens to your  purchased PSP games? It'll be gone too?  Should i download it to my Vita Memory Card now?  Be safe than be sorry right!

Yea I got a ptv when it launched (really dumb now obviously but i did have a 10 off credit through amazon for it) but I used it a ton to remote play when I first got it, remote play on it is really good, especially after they did an update a good while back that added in more options to make the control smoother. 

Will use it a lot more once we move to new house where the ps4 will be upstairs and the ptv in the bedroom, great to be able to get a little gaming in bed action.

I got a second for 20 bucks from bby a while back too.

Biggest complaint I always see on it is no netflix. From what i remember when it first came out, netflix put out a statement that they were not going to support it, after sony said they were working on it. My guess is the netflix experience on it would not have been that great and netflix didnt want to be on it.

Questions. PSP will be taking off PSN store by end of March (3/31). what's happens to your purchased PSP games? It'll be gone too? Should i download it to my Vita Memory Card now? Be safe than be sorry right!
The PSN Store on the PSP will be closed. Actual PSP Games won't be removed.

"Sony has announced the native PlayStation Store for the PlayStation Portable will be closing on March 31, 2016 in North America. This means that people will be unable to access the PlayStation Store from their PlayStation Portables, though it will still be possible to make in-game purchases on the handheld.

In the announcement, Sony confirmed that PlayStation Portable content will still be available to purchase through the browser-based PlayStation Store and PS Vita. It also said that past purchases will be able to be downloaded from the PlayStation Portable’s Download List."

Why would they remove PSP Games when you can still play them on the Vita / Vita TV.

I'm actually surprised the PSP's PSN Store is still being used.

It already did happen on a different Sony platform.

Speaking of, final reminder for PS Mobile owners to make sure PS Mobile is activated on your system. Tonight is the final curtain call.

I guess PS Mobile owners were lucky this year, because they got an extra day to save their library. ;D

But then again, how lucky can they be since the program is going under completely, LOL. :p

tumblr_ma05qcS8xs1qjl74r.gif

Hey guys, hate to break it to you but Nintendo shut down the DS and Wii online stuff a few months back.

v3llIct.gif

I guess PS Mobile owners were lucky this year, because they got an extra day to save their library. ;D

And the six months or whatever it is they've extended it.

I'm pretty sure the Wii and DSi shops are still up. They only shut down online services in games.

And extending the activation deadline is all that Sony ever did. They didn't do jack daniels to fix anything.

I have 6 copies of Supremacy MMA on the way. Will post again once they come in and list their condition, etc. I know some of you are looking for it.
uh yea, if you manage to get a decent one, ill throw you a fair amount for it, just not the 30-80$ being asked on amazon and ebay. but ill certainly make it worth your while.

I thought the PSN store on PSP had already been shut down and we were only supposed to be able to download stuff already purchased!  Wow, so it was still open this whole time.  Not that I would have used it anyway for shopping.  The webstore is the best way to shop since you aren't limited by system.

As for PSP games disappearing or whatever, as long as the publishers want to sell them... I don't see them going anywhere.  The problem with Playstation Mobile was that it was a completely different store separate from PSN with a separate authentication and so on.  It was meant to compete with Apple and Android stores but obviously completely failed.  I would equate the PSM store shutting down to WIndows Marketplace for Mobile store shutting down back in 2012.  Wait, you don't know what that is?  Well that's pretty much the same reaction to most people hearing about Plastation Mobile store shutting down.  Not that PSM had bad games, there were some standouts.  Thankfully some of them like Aqua Kitty DX, Alien Breed, and Rock Boshers DX have been ported over to PSN and others have long been on iOS or other platforms.  So it's not a huge loss.  It's too bad they couldn't just merge the two stores together and converted the PSM games to Minis... but, I do kind of understand just dumping it because ultimately it was a pretty tiny library of games anyway (around 140 mobile game titles).

As for PSP games disappearing or whatever, as long as the publishers want to sell them... I don't see them going anywhere.
They will at some point in the not too distant future.

Look at Xbox Live on the original Xbox. Lots of money was spent and none of the content is available to download. I bought the Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack, and if I were to turn on my Xbox today I couldn't download it. Which sucks because it was AMAZING. If Ninja Gaiden Black had got a GOTY release with the DLC included, I'd be able to play it. Now the PSP came out a few years after the Xbox, so the timelines are a little offset, but of course that content will be removed eventually.

As much as we'd like to believe they'll be around forever, there comes a point where the costs for Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo will not be worth keeping them online, regardless of how we feel. The Wii Shop Channel is still functioning, because I'm sure they make enough money from the tens of millions of Wii's out there to justify it, but what about the Vita, which has 1/10th of the lifetime sales? That clock will be shorter.

There's always rumors of Microsoft moving away from gaming consoles. which has been a money sink since the beginning. Sony was almost bankrupt after what the PS3 did to them. Is there any guarantee all 3 console makers will still be in the industry 10 years from now? And if they're not, what incentive is there to still operate PSN, Xbox Live, or the eShop?

This is weird.

I bought PASBR, and to my understanding the game included the vita version,no??

I bought it for the ps3 and it was digital.

Also, i need a  vita memory, cheapest place is the refurb on GS?

They will at some point in the not too distant future.

Look at Xbox Live on the original Xbox. Lots of money was spent and none of the content is available to download. I bought the Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack, and if I were to turn on my Xbox today I couldn't download it. Which sucks because it was AMAZING. If Ninja Gaiden Black had got a GOTY release with the DLC included, I'd be able to play it. Now the PSP came out a few years after the Xbox, so the timelines are a little offset, but of course that content will be removed eventually.

As much as we'd like to believe they'll be around forever, there comes a point where the costs for Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo will not be worth keeping them online, regardless of how we feel. The Wii Shop Channel is still functioning, because I'm sure they make enough money from the tens of millions of Wii's out there to justify it, but what about the Vita, which has 1/10th of the lifetime sales? That clock will be shorter.

There's always rumors of Microsoft moving away from gaming consoles. which has been a money sink since the beginning. Sony was almost bankrupt after what the PS3 did to them. Is there any guarantee all 3 console makers will still be in the industry 10 years from now? And if they're not, what incentive is there to still operate PSN, Xbox Live, or the eShop?
Comparing PSP to the original Xbox doesn't really make much sense. There was barely any digital content on the original Xbox so pulling the plug on it was not that big of a deal.

It is more apt to compare to the Xbox 360, which is still certainly alive and kicking, and probably will be for quite a long time. Sony and MS are both in good spots right now with the active hardware to continue to support all of them on one network. Forever? Well no, but certainly for as long as either company continues to have Xbox Live or PSN at all. Especially with a shift to hardware agnostic titles similar to how Apple and Android work. If that ever becomes a real thing in the console world that is. Hopefully Nintendo can actually do this with whatever the hell the NX is. Rebuying digital titles is bullshit, and I'm pretty sure they are tuning into this fact.

Comparing PSP to the original Xbox doesn't really make much sense. There was barely any digital content on the original Xbox so pulling the plug on it was not that big of a deal.
There will always be a justification for it.

..There wasn't a lot of content, so it's not a big deal

..The PSP/PS3/X360/[insert console here] is x years old, it's not a big deal.

..Online games don't work on the Wii anymore, so it's not a big deal to close the Shop Channel

The fact is lots of money was spent on the original Xbox Live, some of which was from me, and that content is gone forever. Meanwhile, every Xbox disc I have works.

It's going to happen with the PSP, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS, etc... There are lots of different scenarios, but the outcome will be the same. Access to purchased digital content can be revoked at any time for any reason. The EULA for all the online services is very clear about that.

So apparently MiKandi Japan doesn't plan to update everyone on the pledge status of Libra of the Vampire Princess until this coming Friday. Makes sense when considering we were told to expect weekly updates and the BacketKit campaign is set to close on Friday, March 18th, to give updates on Friday's.

So just a refresher that the collective pledge total as of, Monday, February 22nd was at.: $198,626

$183,105 - KickStarter Campaign

$  15,521 - Initial three days of BackerKit pledges.

Which just left $11,374 needed to reach the Vita stretch goal at that time.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english/posts/1496132

libra_of_the_vampire_stretch.jpg

bread's done
Back