PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember being jealous of people that had Neo Geo money when I was a kid. Which is funny, because I can't imagine people being jealous of me having PS4 money now.
I don't know anyone who had a Neo Geo back then. I honestly don't think any kids had one. That console was $750 at Electronics Boutique. $750 in 1990 is $1406 today. It was beyond expensive. The carts were all $150-250 too.

That store and Babbages went out of business while trying to sell the Squaresoft SNES games everyone wanted for $80-100+.

My uncle ran a video game store back in the early 90s.

It was heaven...

My only regret is not pilfering that store when it was going under.

If anyone is still looking for a physical copy of Dariusburst Chronicles for the Vita (Japanese only but it is minimal) and don't want to pay $55+ for it, you can get it from Amazon Japan for $43 shipped.

The best part? It is being sold by Amazon and is eligible for Global Shipping, so you don't have to use a forwarding service. 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E8%A7%92%E5%B7%9D%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3%82%B9-DARIUSBURST-CHRONICLE-SAVIOURS/dp/B016DB22SM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457127319&sr=8-1&keywords=dariusburst

I don't really spend that much on single purchases but I did spend $100 on my 32gb memory card for my vita during launch. I have no regrets.

61kdor9ymuL._UX385_.jpg

If anyone is still looking for a physical copy of Dariusburst Chronicles for the Vita (Japanese only but it is minimal) and don't want to pay $55+ for it, you can get it from Amazon Japan for $43 shipped.

The best part? It is being sold by Amazon and is eligible for Global Shipping, so you don't have to use a forwarding service.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E8%A7%92%E5%B7%9D%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3%82%B9-DARIUSBURST-CHRONICLE-SAVIOURS/dp/B016DB22SM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457127319&sr=8-1&keywords=dariusburst
Do I have to sign up for a Japanese Amazon account for this? My U.S. account doesn't seem to work.

I don't know anyone who had a Neo Geo back then. I honestly don't think any kids had one. That console was $750 at Electronics Boutique. $750 in 1990 is $1406 today. It was beyond expensive. The carts were all $150-250 too.

That store and Babbages went out of business while trying to sell the Squaresoft SNES games everyone wanted for $80-100+.
A friend of mine had one, but he got everything back in the day. Vectrex, ColecoVision Adam Computer, Amiga 1200, Neo Geo, and the list goes on and on.

The Neo Geo was cool, for the simple reason you got to play arcade exact games at home, but those prices where insane. While I found it a cool novelty, until later on when Metal Slug and some of the cooler fighting games got released, I never really wanted one.

Years later, I found the Neo Geo pocket color to be a much cooler system, and the price was right in comparison. LOL

cool didn't know about this game, thanks.

you can never have too many vita games, so I'm in for a copy whenever it's announced. Besides it gives me a reason to ignore the upcoming releases here in the next 2 weeks and complain about how hard it is to buy said games after release day

I think I own all the vita games worth owning, I don't know how this tread keeps going.
This thread keeps going because of the obscure physical releases. I enjoy hearing about them in here because I probably wouldn't know about them otherwise. I'm going for a full US physical set, so I don't want to miss out on them. I have 130ish of the 149 games.

Most expensive game I ever bought so far was the Muv Luv CE
Same here! Though I may note that the $250 collector's edition of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was rather tempting, until it hit me that would have been about a weeks pay.

but who buys these LRG releases to play them!
I do. Yes, that's right, I ripped the cellophane wrapping off my games. Phearmesealedgamecollectors, mhuwhahahahaha!

i'm going to try to get all of the LRG releases. I'm in too deep...........lol
I'm going for all the Vita releases, don't own a PS4.

Most expensive game I ever bought so far was the Muv Luv CE

Almost was for me. I ended up getting the big CE for Bloodstained PS4 and another copy with KS slipcover/dlc for vita so it wins out. I consider them both part of one true CE.

Muv Luv is one of the most expensive games for me too.  Went for the $220 bundle with the physical codex.  Figure I could sell the digital codes and get a little money back.

A few others off the top of my head:

$500+ on the Yooka Laylee/Shenmue 3 Kickstarters  (N64 package!)

$199.99 on Steel Battalion back in 2002.  Was worth every penny.

Backlog too strong. XD
I can sell a chunk of it and get about 2/3 of that back, so it's actually not too bad. I'd basically be able to keep the add-ons (shirts, cards) and digital games 2x + Wasteland 2 for about $100.

Which isn't actually that great, but at least they delivered. And I will eventually play it, since I did use to play Icewind Dale.

Muv Luv is one of the most expensive games for me too. Went for the $220 bundle with the physical codex. Figure I could sell the digital codes and get a little money back.

A few others off the top of my head:

$500+ on the Yooka Laylee/Shenmue 3 Kickstarters (N64 package!)

$199.99 on Steel Battalion back in 2002. Was worth every penny.
I actually thought about Steel Battalion a few times over the years, as that looked way cool. I knew I would probably never play it much, so I passed.

Seriously considering pledging for a second copy of Muv Luv, now that three nephews and a niece (all teens or older) have Vitas I know someone is going to beg to borrow my copy eventually. May as well dish out for a second copy, gift it to my oldest nephew and let them bug him for it instead. (is thinking ahead)

I'm tempted to just get a second CE, but not sure if I'd really need a 2nd copy.  The cost for a second one will be the cost of 6 LRG titles. :*(

Decisions, decisions...

Disappointing sord of.. So now when you go onto Gamestop.com the button or icon to click for Ps Vita on the top bar along with the other systems has been removed entirely all the way into the "more" category on the rightside.. Bastard Lamestop

Disappointing sord of.. So now when you go onto Gamestop.com the button or icon to click for Ps Vita on the top bar along with the other systems has been removed entirely all the way into the "more" category on the rightside.. Bastard Lamestop
Vita is dead confirmed.

$199.99 on Steel Battalion back in 2002.  Was worth every penny.

Hell yes!!! I ended buying 2 sets before they started getting hard to find. Every once in a while I'll bust out both and play some Line of Contact with my brother (benefits of having 2 complete sets)

Just a reminder. The Muv-Luv Team will be closing the Backerkit on 3/7. If you want to gain access, simply email them at [email protected] to get an invite. Upon receiving BackerKit email, be sure to select "Upgrade Pledge" (same goes for all $1 Backers -- otherwise you won't see any survey questions at all!)

$80 + shipping gets you the Standard Edition of Muv Luv Vita and a Digital Code of your platform (PC/Vita/or Android) choice.

$150 + shipping gets you the Collector's Edition of Muv Luv Vita (or PC)
- Physical copy of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative [PC or Vita] [Hand-Signed]: 3 Games on 2 individual Carts
- Physical Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Physical Kickstarter Special Artbook [now upgraded to 80-page hardcover]
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [PC] - yes, you do get both Digital Codes
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [Vita] - yes, you do get both Digital Codes
- Digital Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Digital Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Digital Official Muv-Luv Codex
- PC copy of Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers : Basically side stories but are games in themselves.
- Sumika Figma (I'm not sure if you still get this)

This is the only way to get Muv-Luv in a physical Vita Format. The Muv Luv Team had stated that the likelihood of a retail release is incredibly slim.
Unlike the disappointment that is Libra, you can back Muv-Luv instead. 3/7 is the last day before backerkit closes.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oagt-J94MEo[/media]

Gundam Extreme Vs Force English Gameplay. 

As for the poor reception of Extreme Vs Force, it was to be expected since it lacked several key features for a while. Thankfully, a Patch recently came out that added in Free Battle, Course Battle, and More Playable Units, giving it a better reception. Bandai does plan on supporting EVsF with more free content.

Swapped my crushed P4DANCE with the second to last one in the state which was in much better shape and doesn't sound like something inside is broken and rattling around the box.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oagt-J94MEo[/media]

Gundam Extreme Vs Force English Gameplay.

As for the poor reception of Extreme Vs Force, it was to be expected since it lacked several key features for a while. Thankfully, a Patch recently came out that added in Free Battle, Course Battle, and More Playable Units, giving it a better reception. Bandai does plan on supporting EVsF with more free content.
You sold me Importing next pay :p

bread's done
Back