PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa....]

Gundam Extreme Vs Force English Gameplay.

As for the poor reception of Extreme Vs Force, it was to be expected since it lacked several key features for a while. Thankfully, a Patch recently came out that added in Free Battle, Course Battle, and More Playable Units, giving it a better reception. Bandai does plan on supporting EVsF with more free content.
ewwwww looks like a 3ds game graphics wise.... easy pass for me since I own Vs on PS3

I have to disagree with you on that, this game looks great especially when you compare to the PSP Gundam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kLQrcnwSHo
You can disagree but don't bring a psp game into the mix when I mentioned 3ds like graphics.... Any average vita game will look better than a psp game. In my opinion this game looks very meh graphics wise for a vita game.

You can disagree but don't bring a psp game into the mix when I mentioned 3ds like graphics.... Any average vita game will look better than a psp game. In my opinion this game looks very meh graphics wise for a vita game.
PSP is a good comparison, especially to prove how much the series has improved. As for the 3DS the Gundam 3D Battle look pretty bad, if anything the PSP Gundam games ran circles around those versions.

Unlike the disappointment that is Libra, you can back Muv-Luv instead. 3/7 is the last day before backerkit closes.
Arrgh, going to be rather financially tight, but if I'm going to get that second copy of the Muv Luv Trilogy then I've got to do so today!

Been playing Ragnarok Odyssey on both Vita and Vita TV. It's super convenient being able to use the same save file without uploading/downloading saves or swapping memory cards. I really wish it was that easy for all Vita games.

Not that I could ever swap memory cards even if I wanted to, since, you know... PS Mobile.

You're all crazy.

I compare it to these graphics,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgxXcz2p1TA
if virtua on came to the vita I'd fuck myself right now, especially if it was cyber troopers from the sega Saturn. That game was awesome as a kid, also on a side note if blazing heroes was released too I'd get that too

Bought Criminal Girls today from a Gamestop with no cover. Could anyone provide a scanned picture of the front and back art? It would be greatly appreciated.

Is Mortal Kombat Vita any good? I'm considering picking it up for $10 but just want to make sure it's not a total shit port.
I feel like they could've done a way better job on graphics, but in terms of content, everything is there. You get all the DLC characters, and even a new bonus challenge tower. So it's not a nerf on the gameplay like some other ports are. But the graphics really do look shoddy, but if anything, the story mode uses CG cutscenes, so it looks decent when not in matches.

Also, Mortal Kombat is one of the best fighting games to play on Pad, rather than a fightstick, so it fits really well into the vita format. Way better than say, Blazblue, SFxT, or UMVC3 on vita.

Bought Criminal Girls today from a Gamestop with no cover. Could anyone provide a scanned picture of the front and back art? It would be greatly appreciated.
I have the cover art. I'll try to scan tomorrow if i can (and if it isn't posted in that other thread yet).

attachicon.gif
20160306_1443141.jpg
attachicon.gif
PicsArt_03-06-02.51.241.jpg 2$ each. walmart in PR
Why

I feel like they could've done a way better job on graphics, but in terms of content, everything is there. You get all the DLC characters, and even a new bonus challenge tower. So it's not a nerf on the gameplay like some other ports are. But the graphics really do look shoddy, but if anything, the story mode uses CG cutscenes, so it looks decent when not in matches.

Also, Mortal Kombat is one of the best fighting games to play on Pad, rather than a fightstick, so it fits really well into the vita format. Way better than say, Blazblue, SFxT, or UMVC3 on vita.
Sounds pretty good. I enjoyed UMVC3 on Vita quite a bit but I finished it a long while ago. I started playing Dengeki Bunko but that just wasn't super for me. Think I'll pick up MK. I can get passed the graphics as long as the fighting is tight and the dlc is there. Thanks!

Would just like to post a quick notice that Best Buy, as expected, has officially stopped taking trade-ins on PS Vita games and products.

Also, BackerKit for Muv-Luv Trilogy has closed earlier than stated it would. I just a few minutes ago logged in to add that second copy and was unable to make changes. Likewise someone else had posted an hour prior to my attempt that they too were unable to make additions to their pledge/order. Posts are on the Muv Luv Community site, so maybe it'll reopen in a few hours, but not counting on it.

Went through my e-mails and found that the Muv Luv Team had originally stated that BackerKit would remain open until March 9th, and then later revised that to say March 7th, so who knows for sure.

I just couldn't bring myself to purchase another copy.

I even added a second one to my cart last night, but then decided to remove it in the end. :*(

8 copies? Why buy so many honestly.

That game is already really cheap, so not sure what your doing with them.

Poor kid that wanted it, will find out he bought them all.

Also as a kid hunting for psp memory cards, they where on sale at radioshack years ago.

Well I went to 5 radioshacks looking for them.

1st time some guy bought them all.(watched him buy them lol)

The rest where out of stock.

Finally found one that was selling, but scalpers annoy me sometimes because they buy it all up to re-sell it.

Not that it's the case here, but just making a point.

Would just like to post a quick notice that Best Buy, as expected, has officially stopped taking trade-ins on PS Vita games and products.
I was in a hurry reading the thread to catch up last night and for some reason I thought it said Game Stop instead of Best Buy. It made my heart sink a little. Like when Dreamcast was getting dropped everywhere and despite the end all there was to look forward to were the random imports. Thankfully this isn't that day. I hope Vita just keeps on keeping on. At the rate things are going though, GS is about to be the main brick & mortar retailer left for Vita. I'll use them when needed, but I pretty much prefer Amazon for most stuff (even without being a Prime member). Of course BB not taking trade-ins on Vita is not really surprising considering every store I've been to in the last year has had next to no vita games anyway (used or new).

detectiveconan16, on 07 Mar 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault is coming out next week. It appears to be a city defense strategy game. Any impressions? It's $30 at Best Buy for some reason.
$30 is its retail price. I've very curious about this game too. The trailers and descriptions haven't done much to explain it. I have a $20 Best Buy cert that needs to be used, and I'm split between this game and Assassin's Creed Chronicles right now (part of me wants to go with Aegis because Ubisoft games drop in price so fast, but the other part of me questions how many copies Ubisoft is really printing in the first place).

$30 is its retail price. I've very curious about this game too. The trailers and descriptions haven't done much to explain it. I have a $20 Best Buy cert that needs to be used, and I'm split between this game and Assassin's Creed Chronicles right now (part of me wants to go with Aegis because Ubisoft games drop in price so fast, but the other part of me questions how many copies Ubisoft is really printing in the first place).
But this is vita. Liberations didn't really drop in price like the console versions of the series. I preordered mine on Amz. 20% less than retail is probably more or less enough vs what the game will drop physical in the future. If you are buying the console version they yeah it will drop, but physical vita is a maybe.

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault is coming out next week. It appears to be a city defense strategy game. Any impressions? It's $30 at Best Buy for some reason.
I have this one preordered at Best Buy with GCU and $5 rewards. It looks to be a city tower defense style game which is right up my alley. I've also seen some game play where you can hop into the tower and control where it fires similar to Toy Soldiers. There are some let's play videos available for it online that give more details.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCk88e3JWc[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omYAnfm0A2k[/media]

I'm going to make a prediction about Best Buy's approach to stocking Aegis of Earth for Vita, based on past experience with niche games. It's available for preorder now, but I bet that not long after release, it will be sold out and no longer available for purchase from BB. They seem to only carry small quantities of lesser-known games these days, to avoid having excess stock later. The GCU discount really reduces their profits on new games, so it really isn't in their interest to stock larger quantities of games, especially niche ones like this one.

So if you want it from BB with your GCU discount, get it sooner rather than later. I really can't see this being a good seller, since this type of game isn't as popular as other genres (not implying the game is bad, it does look interesting). And I doubt that the production run will be very large for a title like this.

BestBuy is barely stocking Vita games anymore...so I agree with chimpmeister. It is a cheap one at least and I doubt it will be clearanced out everywhere like Freedom Wars.  

LRG hopes to release Oddworld and Futuridium in April. They also got two other games approved in QA as well
I don't see how they'll release everything they plan to in 2016, unless their initial estimate of 13 or so included different console/handheld versions of the same title.

bread's done
Back