PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
More fun ps vita adventures.. At my gamestop store I was going to pre-order Aegis of Earth:protonovus Assault & was denied.. Employee tells me seems they reached max pre-orders etc.etc..blah blah- I go on home then check online and the add to cart button is blacked out or whatever..
Amazon has it up still.. & I'm sure everywhere else has it as well-???

More fun ps vita adventures.. At my gamestop store I was going to pre-order Aegis of Earth:protonovus Assault & was denied.. Employee tells me seems they reached max pre-orders etc.etc..blah blah- I go on home then check online and the add to cart button is blacked out or whatever..
Amazon has it up still.. & I'm sure everywhere else has it as well-???
Best Buy has it, shipping only (no store pickup, $24 with GCU):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aegis-of-earth-protonovus-assault-ps-vita/4731000.p?id=1219809796153&skuId=4731000

However, I think they will only get enough copies for preorder, maybe a small extra amount, then sell out permanently. I seriously doubt this game will have a high production run at all. If you want it from BB, with GCU, get it sooner rather than later.

EDIT: fixed url.

My order still alive too, I used paypal funds and they still have it so it was never canceled. No email about it supposedly being canceled and the order is still alive on the site. Would be great if they came through.

Why is no one talking about Odin Sphere Leftraiser? I know it doesn't come out until June, but I assume most people here are getting it?

I preordered the PS4 LE and Vita regular version from BB, looking forward to the game.
Me too, I only preordered the :ps4: LE but can't wait to play it because I never played it on :ps2:.

My order still alive too, I used paypal funds and they still have it so it was never canceled. No email about it supposedly being canceled and the order is still alive on the site. Would be great if they came through.
I think it's just how early you got your order in.

I used a credit card as mine, but I was one of the earlier orders that got in, and never had an indication of a cancellation yet.

Hope for the best! :D

Why is no one talking about Odin Sphere Leftraiser? I know it doesn't come out until June, but I assume most people here are getting it?

I preordered the PS4 LE and Vita regular version from BB, looking forward to the game.
BB does not have the artbook right? If that's the case I might abandon the GCU discount and preorder at GS.

You never got a refund email regarding the Deep Discount preorder?
Still alive.

Same, my SK2 is still alive, so hopefully that will come through. XD

As for Grand Kingdom Vita LE, it was noted awhile back by NISA that it will only be available through their store. :*(
Did you opt for one of the pricier shipping tiers, beacuase I did and I'm thinking that may have thrown whoever was responsible for cancelling the orders off my trail.

Cool, thanks, Amazon webpage didn't list it like Gamestop, but from their official page looks like all retailers should get the bonus artbook.

Preordered at AMZ with Prime discount.
I don't know about this. It says at participating retailers only. All the stores listed are just preorder links. I think Gamestop (EB in Canada) are the only retailers offering the art book.

I don't know about this. It says at participating retailers only. All the stores listed are just preorder links. I think Gamestop (EB in Canada) are the only retailers offering the art book.
I preordered the Odin Sphere SE at Best Buy. It looks like the art book is packed in.

I preordered the Odin Sphere SE at Best Buy. It looks like the art book is packed in.
I did too (Vita SE and PS4 LE), but I can't find any confirmation that BB will have the art book. Where did you see that information?

BB and Amazon did have the art books for Dragon's Crown, so I would think they'd have them for Odin Sphere too. Unless GS somehow wrangled Atlus into getting the art book exclusively.

EDIT: Amazon now lists the art book as being included with the "launch editions" (standard edition versions), but BB doesn't.

Ok...now I am concerned again...maybe I should just preorder at GS to be safe.

Like what others said, I see that Amazon now shows the artbook as preorder bonus.

I did too (Vita SE and PS4 LE), but I can't find any confirmation that BB will have the art book. Where did you see that information?

BB and Amazon did have the art books for Dragon's Crown, so I would think they'd have them for Odin Sphere too. Unless GS somehow wrangled Atlus into getting the art book exclusively.

EDIT: Amazon now lists the art book as being included with the "launch editions" (standard edition versions), but BB doesn't.
I think you and I are talking about two different things. On the Best Buy site, the PS4 storybook edition includes the HARDCOVER art book, packed in as part of the storybook edition.

As you and others have said, it appears a SOFTCOVER art book (I have to assume it's the exact same contents in the art book as they're both 64 pages) as a preorder bonus.

So in that case, yes, I dont see on the Best Buy site that preordering the PS4 SE includes any preorder bonus at all, softcover art book or otherwise. Someone tell me if they know something I dont.

I think you and I are talking about two different things. On the Best Buy site, the PS4 storybook edition includes the HARDCOVER art book, packed in as part of the storybook edition.

As you and others have said, it appears a SOFTCOVER art book (I have to assume it's the exact same contents in the art book as they're both 64 pages) as a preorder bonus.

So in that case, yes, I dont see on the Best Buy site that preordering the PS4 SE includes any preorder bonus at all, softcover art book or otherwise. Someone tell me if they know something I dont.
So when you said you preordered the SE, you mean S(torybook)E(dition) and not S(tandard)E(Edition) right? Too bad Storybook Edition is for PS4 only, I would have bought it without question if it was for Vita.

So when you said you preordered the SE, you mean S(torybook)E(dition) and not S(tandard)E(Edition) right? Too bad Storybook Edition is for PS4 only, I would have bought it without question if it was for Vita.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant "Standard Edition" for the Vita. I know the only LE version of this game is the Storybook Edition for PS4 (which I also ordered), and like you, I would have gotten that version for the Vita as well, if they offered it. So I just ordered the Standard Edition (SE) for Vita. I'll try to be more clear in the future, lol.

Just to be safe I'm preordering at Gamestop (where, as I've said, I have gift cards to use anyway). I did, however, preorder Aegis of Earth at Best Buy this morning. It's too late for in-store pick up, but with the weird way Best Buy handles adding tax and rewards certs to orders, I added a $10 Nintendo eShop card to qualify for the $35 minimum free shipping, and after my $20 cert, I basically got the $10 eShop card half off. I'm satisfied. I'll preorder Odin Sphere at a later date.

Just to be safe I'm preordering at Gamestop (where, as I've said, I have gift cards to use anyway). I did, however, preorder Aegis of Earth at Best Buy this morning. It's too late for in-store pick up, but with the weird way Best Buy handles adding tax and rewards certs to orders, I added a $10 Nintendo eShop card to qualify for the $35 minimum free shipping, and after my $20 cert, I basically got the $10 eShop card half off. I'm satisfied. I'll preorder Odin Sphere at a later date.
not sure how cause when i do it it shows

33 bucks....

23 for game

10 for card

how do you see half off the card

No I said it's like getting half off the card. I didn't actually get half off. Because instead off paying higher tax and $4 for shipping, adding the card and the cert, with the way BB calculates things at checkout, I got free shipping and I basically got a $10 eShop card for $5.

Just wanted to check. Managed to grab a copy of Hyperdevotion Noire at a local Gamestop, and as expected there was no case. There isn't anyone here willing to part with it, are they? I love having cases on the shelf but if not, it'll work out eventually.

Hey, is the Vita launch edition Odin Sphere art book going to be the same as the PS4 LE's, just with a soft cover instead of the LE's hard cover? According to Amazon, they're both 64 pages.

Hey, is the Vita launch edition Odin Sphere art book going to be the same as the PS4 LE's, just with a soft cover instead of the LE's hard cover? According to Amazon, they're both 64 pages.
All launch editions/pre-orders/whatever it is have a soft cover book but the CE/Storybook Edition has a hardcover book and is only available on PS4. Same book otherwise.

Thanks. Think I'll just go with the launch edition instead, then. The artbook was the major draw for me with the Storybook Edition, and I don't really feel like a hard cover is worth twice the cost, especially since I don't even have a PS4 yet.
you aren't just getting a hard cover art book. You also get a shirt, a special print, a steel case, and an outer collector's box. Also, it isn't double the cost, it is an extra $20.

Oh yeah, right, I preordered the Storybook Edition for PS4. That's what I was talking about. Like others, I would have also bought a Vita version, but I only see standard for Vita.

I want to get both Odin Sphere and Shiren the Wanderer at launch, but I have other stuff going on at that time and I shouldn't buy them both at once. I like Shiren more, but I don't want to miss out on the Odin Sphere bonuses, so I'll go with that unless Shiren suddenly gets some extras.

I want to get both Odin Sphere and Shiren the Wanderer at launch, but I have other stuff going on at that time and I shouldn't buy them both at once. I like Shiren more, but I don't want to miss out on the Odin Sphere bonuses, so I'll go with that unless Shiren suddenly gets some extras.
I definitely want Shiren too, but it isn't available at BB (yet), hopefully it will soon.

Actually, it may end up being an Amazon exclusive; just checked GS, not up for preorder there either. If that's the case, I doubt it will have a very high production run.

EDIT: Here's the page on Aksys for Shiren, lists only Amazon for preorder:

http://aksysgames.com/shiren/

Finally finished Dungeon Travelers 2, really enjoyed the game, going to cool off before I tackle the post-game dungeons.

Just started Freedom Wars, is this game's main story manageable in terms of difficulty if I only play solo?

you aren't just getting a hard cover art book. You also get a shirt, a special print, a steel case, and an outer collector's box. Also, it isn't double the cost, it is an extra $20.
With Prime/GC, you're paying $32 (before tax) for the Vita launch edition.

With Prime/GC, you're paying $64 (before tax) for the Storybook Edition.

If you'd bothered to read the rest of my post, you'd have also noticed that the only significant point of interest out of those extras for me was the artbook, and that I don't even have a PS4.

And before you start talking about what it means for other people, you might also notice that I specified "for me" in my post.

Reading comprehension: it's useful sometimes?

Finally finished Dungeon Travelers 2, really enjoyed the game, going to cool off before I tackle the post-game dungeons.

Just started Freedom Wars, is this game's main story manageable in terms of difficulty if I only play solo?
I beat Freedom wars several weeks ago. It is manageable solo for the most part. But you may want to do online coop occasionally since AI teammates can be dumb at times.

With Prime/GC, you're paying $32 (before tax) for the Vita launch edition.

With Prime/GC, you're paying $64 (before tax) for the Storybook Edition.

If you'd bothered to read the rest of my post, you'd have also noticed that the only significant point of interest out of those extras for me was the artbook, and that I don't even have a PS4.

And before you start talking about what it means for other people, you might also notice that I specified "for me" in my post.

Reading comprehension: it's useful sometimes?
Not being a dick: it's useful sometimes?

I'm in the final dungeon on DT2 and I seem to have hit my limit. Is there an easy trick to navigating this dungeon, I hear it's like 6 floors and the 1st two floors are just massive. I seem to waste half my health just getting down there.

What level were you during all this? Any tips?

I'm in the final dungeon on DT2 and I seem to have hit my limit. Is there an easy trick to navigating this dungeon, I hear it's like 6 floors and the 1st two floors are just massive. I seem to waste half my health just getting down there.

What level were you during all this? Any tips?
I'm about to save your life.

Go to http://game-kouryaku.info/dungeontravelers2/, then use Google translate, it will plot out your path. I do suggest you explore the dungeon yourself first, then when you opened up most of the areas, you can use the path to save time and/or find hidden doors. There are three portals, one for level 4(?), one for 7 and one for 9 (before the final boss). Once you activate them on the higher levels it is a direct short cut.

I cannot remember what level I entered the final dungeon, but now I am through with the final boss I am at level 55 for all my girls. I have a maid that have her cook, generous heart and maid mastery skills maxed out. This is very important. Now for the less important team composition as it is open to personal playstyle: Alisa and Grishna at the front soaking damage and dealing single hit damage with maxed out raging smash. Alisa is white knight and Grishna is dark. Alisa needs the variety of defense buffs for bosses. Grishna is all out offense. Maid at the back that cooks to restore TP, occasionally sings for Prelude (increase crit rate to interrupt spells). Melvy as healer, but during grinding uses maxed out Prism dawn for AOE. With inherent TP restore skills, TP conservation skills and TP restoration equipment, she is generally overflowing with TP. Monica as sniper, just spams maxed out Divine cannon (spiral arrow for bosses, stardust arrow for fire-and-forget situations where she needs to be the item user). As you might have guessed, all this depends on the maid's ability to restore TP for the sniper (and the team when they exit battle).

I do not know the "base stat increase" benefit for level resetting, if anyone knows then it would be great.

EDIT: Forgot to add with this maid/healer build you should be able to go on for very long on grinding runs. And the sniper+Prism dawn will make your grinding very time efficient. I only return when I run out of bag space and need to sell my stuff.

I need to get back to DT2. Was really in to it and then I got sick and haven't played much of anything over the past month.

I'm about to save your life.

Go to http://game-kouryaku.info/dungeontravelers2/, then use Google translate, it will plot out your path. I do suggest you explore the dungeon yourself first, then when you opened up most of the areas, you can use the path to save time and/or find hidden doors. There are three portals, one for level 4(?), one for 7 and one for 9 (before the final boss). Once you activate them on the higher levels it is a direct short cut.

I cannot remember what level I entered the final dungeon, but now I am through with the final boss I am at level 55 for all my girls. I have a maid that have her cook, generous heart and maid mastery skills maxed out. This is very important. Now for the less important team composition as it is open to personal playstyle: Alisa and Grishna at the front soaking damage and dealing single hit damage with maxed out raging smash. Alisa is white knight and Grishna is dark. Alisa needs the variety of defense buffs for bosses. Grishna is all out offense. Maid at the back that cooks to restore TP, occasionally sings for Prelude (increase crit rate to interrupt spells). Melvy as healer, but during grinding uses maxed out Prism dawn for AOE. With inherent TP restore skills, TP conservation skills and TP restoration equipment, she is generally overflowing with TP. Monica as sniper, just spams maxed out Divine cannon (spiral arrow for bosses, stardust arrow for fire-and-forget situations where she needs to be the item user). As you might have guessed, all this depends on the maid's ability to restore TP for the sniper (and the team when they exit battle).

I do not know the "base stat increase" benefit for level resetting, if anyone knows then it would be great.

EDIT: Forgot to add with this maid/healer build you should be able to go on for very long on grinding runs. And the sniper+Prism dawn will make your grinding very time efficient. I only return when I run out of bag space and need to sell my stuff.
If that's the right party, I'm pretty sure I am boned. I'll have to take a look at my characters when I get home, but I know that i never used the maid/archer class/skill. I think Melvy is a witch and Fiora is a bishop. Also, I've been using Lilian for some god damn reason, she's so freaking useless.

Bought a brand new copy of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus "Let's Get Physical" Limited Edition for the PS Vita today from GameStop for $42.xx after tax. There's barely any copies available in my state so I figured I might as well grab a copy now before it sky rockets in price.

If that's the right party, I'm pretty sure I am boned. I'll have to take a look at my characters when I get home, but I know that i never used the maid/archer class/skill. I think Melvy is a witch and Fiora is a bishop. Also, I've been using Lilian for some god damn reason, she's so freaking useless.
I reset Melvy from Witch to Sage for two reasons

(1) I desperately need a healer (for boss battles). Valkrie can heal but heal strength and chant time is a big problem.

(2) Sage can use Identify to save you some serious dough. With the money you save you can enchant your gear to maximum level. She can also cast return to save you $150 on each Emergency Exit.

Output wise, witch is second to none, but a maxed out Prism Dawn has good area and sufficient damage. Plus it is non-elemental so you don't have to worry about the element table. Had to constantly worry about to use mass fire or mass ice when Melvy was a witch, which just made my grind less efficient.

Never used doll master, they might serve some use in the final form (Soul Summoner or something like that), but their output seems to be delayed, which is against your general goal of building towards "eliminating most monsters in two turns".

bread's done
Back