PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely want Shiren too, but it isn't available at BB (yet), hopefully it will soon.

Actually, it may end up being an Amazon exclusive; just checked GS, not up for preorder there either. If that's the case, I doubt it will have a very high production run.

EDIT: Here's the page on Aksys for Shiren, lists only Amazon for preorder:

http://aksysgames.com/shiren/
Akys over pricing! Shiren should MSRP $29.99 instead $39.99. I waits for $25 or bust.

I reset Melvy from Witch to Sage for two reasons
(1) I desperately need a healer (for boss battles). Valkrie can heal but heal strength and chant time is a big problem.
(2) Sage can use Identify to save you some serious dough. With the money you save you can enchant your gear to maximum level. She can also cast return to save you $150 on each Emergency Exit.

Output wise, witch is second to none, but a maxed out Prism Dawn has good area and sufficient damage. Plus it is non-elemental so you don't have to worry about the element table. Had to constantly worry about to use mass fire or mass ice when Melvy was a witch, which just made my grind less efficient.

Never used doll master, they might serve some use in the final form (Soul Summoner or something like that), but their output seems to be delayed, which is against your general goal of building towards "eliminating most monsters in two turns".
Party is something like this
Alisa, krishna, lilian
Melvy and Fiora ( witch and bishop)

New dungeon crawler announced (for Japan)

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain

I'll subtitle it: Mature Woman x (cross) Cute Girl with a Monster Book

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USR3BK3fxBk[/youtube]

As I generally like Labyrinth games, I'll stick my ear out for an English patch or release.

I don't think that's newly announced. It was delayed, IIRC. Was supposed to have been out around now.

Edit: Delayed from January to next week. NIS is making it, so it should be relatively likely for NISA to localize.

Not a big deal, but I got an excellent copy of Madden 13 today for $24 at a local game shop. That's just below the going rate. As a Lions fan, with Calvin Johnson retiring, I figured why not. They had three more copies left. 

Picked up Persona dancing all night on Amazon warehouse.

Here's the description:  Does it sound like a dinger to you?  Anyone else get this recently?

Condition: Used - Acceptable - Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item may come repackaged. Factory Sealed. Large wrinkle / bend on set case.

Not a big deal, but I got an excellent copy of Madden 13 today for $24 at a local game shop. That's just below the going rate. As a Lions fan, with Calvin Johnson retiring, I figured why not. They had three more copies left.
It's pretty solid too. That was actually the first :vita: game I owned since I had bought the :vita: Madden 13 bundle when I had went to pick up my :360: copy at midnight at BB. One of the best decisions of my life. Wasn't even planning on buying a :vita: at the time.

Has anybody heard anything specific about Stranger of Sword City yet? Especially interested in how important the story is within the game's scope. I'm slowly muddling through some Japanese reviews, but I haven't gotten much of an impression about it yet.

EDIT:
Never mind, moot point. Lowest shipping estimate for me on the LE is $12.40, which takes it completely out of what I consider a reasonable price range, and there's nothing else on NISA's site at a price point I'd consider at the moment. Wish I'd checked that before I watched a couple hours of Japanese let's plays. D:

Has anybody heard anything specific about Stranger of Sword City yet? Especially interested in how important the story is within the game's scope. I'm slowly muddling through some Japanese reviews, but I haven't gotten much of an impression about it yet.

EDIT:
Never mind, moot point. Lowest shipping estimate for me on the LE is $12.40, which takes it completely out of what I consider a reasonable price range, and there's nothing else on NISA's site at a price point I'd consider at the moment. Wish I'd checked that before I watched a couple hours of Japanese let's plays. D:
It was available on Amazon though. But it should just be like their other dungeon crawlers, Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss.

It was available on Amazon though.
Not to mention all of us who got in on the double discount.

QcqQxdV.gif

Disgaea 4 got a reprint
Important Mission Update Checklist:

-Make certain you own a PlayStation Vita.

-Make certain you do not already own the physical copy of Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited.

-Make certain you have $40~ available in your bank "spend account".

-Place your order for Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited A.S.A.P.

-Wait the approximate 3-6 shipping days for the Game to arrive.

-Place as highest priority in the Backlog playlist. (Optional: Play as soon as you get it)

-Enjoy hours of Wacky, Intriguing Strategy RPG Goodness.

(for best effect set exp gain to max in the cheat shop, sacrificing hel up to 90%)

-Remember the time in your life before you owned this game and weep bitter tears of remorse for not buying it sooner.

The following has been a public service announcement from the Netherworld, even we are not certain exactly witch Netherworld.

One of the reasons why I was so pissed off when they made that CAG thread with the 40% thing. I thought after they fixed the new games, they would fix orders already placed.
That is one of the worst threads ever created. Almost everybody already knew about it but hey lets make a thread about it anyways and ruin it :/

Also some excellent news I just noticed: The third Trails game is officially coming west and scheduled for 2017 (and will probably actually show up in 2019-2022)!

The bad news:
They're not localizing the PSP version.

If you didn't get the first Corpse party, you might not like the Vita one: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/blood-drive-proves-once-again-corpse-partys-sequels-dont-get-it

I haven't played any of them but I definitely hear you have to play them in order and wouldn't buy it if you don't intend on doing so.

If you didn't get the first Corpse party, you might not like the Vita one: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/blood-drive-proves-once-again-corpse-partys-sequels-dont-get-it
I didn't play the first Corpse Party but I still enjoyed the Vita game. I felt like there were some things that I just wasn't getting but for the most part I thought it was fun. Not sure if I missed stuff because of the lack of playing the first game or if it's bc I have a small attention span.

That is one of the worst threads ever created. Almost everybody already knew about it but hey lets make a thread about it anyways and ruin it :/
It was a mod who made it. Right after he did, I and others told him to please delete it as Amazon is watching CAG and they will get rid of it much faster with this thread in plain sight. This is the response we got.

I doubt it. I told a huge audience at PAX South during my panel that Amazon screwed up and made KH3 $40 bucks and nothing happened. It was streamed on twitch too. Nothing has happened.
:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Also some excellent news I just noticed: The third Trails game is officially coming west and scheduled for 2017 (and will probably actually show up in 2019-2022)!

The bad news:
They're not localizing the PSP version.

I haven't played any of them but I definitely hear you have to play them in order and wouldn't buy it if you don't intend on doing so.
Psh. I just bought it because it's a box with a game. 99% positive I'll never open it.

It was available on Amazon though. But it should just be like their other dungeon crawlers, Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss.
The reason I had to look so far into it was that I've never played an Experience dungeon crawler. My recent (read: last ten years) experience with the genre is the Etrian Odyssey series (and a little of the first Class of Heroes).

And unfortunately I've been out of town for a long time and haven't been keeping an eye out for new games, so I not only missed the "double discount" (whatever that is), but Amazon's run of the LE entirely. Though your post got me checking other retailers, and GameStop still seems to have it in stock, but even though it'll be slightly better, with shipping AND tax, that still takes it up higher than I want to pay.

I dunno. I think I'm just going to wait and see if anybody's selling the artbook for $10-$15 and maybe forget the game entirely. This is a pain in the ass.

So I started playing MK vita. You guys were right. The fighting is top notch and it's definitely the best fighting game I've played on the vita....but Jesus the character models are just horrific. I know people said they were bad but this is just.... Really terrible. Overall though the games fun and the fighting is great so I'm not gonna regret this purchase at $10

So I started playing MK vita. You guys were right. The fighting is top notch and it's definitely the best fighting game I've played on the vita....but Jesus the character models are just horrific. I know people said they were bad but this is just.... Really terrible. Overall though the games fun and the fighting is great so I'm not gonna regret this purchase at $10
Yeah, they gimped the character graphics to keep the game at 60fps. Honestly, I would have preferred to have better looking characters with 30fps, it does look ugly as hell.

Yeah, they gimped the character graphics to keep the game at 60fps. Honestly, I would have preferred to have better looking characters with 30fps, it does look ugly as hell.
Yeah I totally agree with you. This is possibly the ugliest vita game I've yet to play. Weird decision on their part but I guess people who play fighting games seriously care if it's 60 fps or something?

I really want Deception, but I'm holding out on a sale for Nightmare Princess. (Still salty about last time it was on sale - they discounted it for other platforms but not Vita, then all of a sudden the Vita version went on salet weeks later. After several other big sales during the holidays, so I didn't have the money for it.)

Yeah I totally agree with you. This is possibly the ugliest vita game I've yet to play. Weird decision on their part but I guess people who play fighting games seriously care if it's 60 fps or something?
Yep, compare MK to many of the 2D fighters on the Vita like Blazblue and UMVC 3, the 2D fighters look way, way better. Too many compromises were made to make the 3D characters playable at 60fps, making them look like garbage.

anyone think that getting space hulk for the vita for 26$ is a good deal, having a hard time deciding honestly, it looks cool, and would love to add it to my collection, just not sure if thats a good trigger point.

anyone think that getting space hulk for the vita for 26$ is a good deal, having a hard time deciding honestly, it looks cool, and would love to add it to my collection, just not sure if thats a good trigger point.
You could always just wait for this guy to relist them for $18, as he does that on occasion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPACE-HULK-PS-Vita-PSV-GAME-PAL-Version-2015-/151980407482?hash=item2362bcfaba%3Ag%3AfQ4AAOSwo0JWMmqi&nma=true&si=s6xW%252F3g%252BhwSshwR0sOSFGnLO%252F5U%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

which guy, ive only found 2 or 3 posting in the past couple of weeks, i was hoping to get it for the 10$ or less someone said they did, but ive been patient

which guy, ive only found 2 or 3 posting in the past couple of weeks, i was hoping to get it for the 10$ or less someone said they did, but ive been patient
He actually relists them fairly often, so I'd just keep an eye out on his listings.

Just look at his feedback history, it's filled with Space Hulk, lol.

is it the guy selling from canada (keven_rousseau) or someone else? ive saved the search so whenever its relisted, it pings my email box, and ive been wanting to get it for the 8$ or whatever its been posted at previously.

bread's done
Back