PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt see anything in your tradelist that really piques my interest.  if theyre still available in a couple of weeks when i get paid again, ill probably buy out the rest of the 16g cards and see what i can do with them.

For the vita collectors, I have an extra sealed copy of gravity rush...

Do you think this game is worth holding onto or should I just sell it on ebay?

Brickseek shows one of my Walmarts has "1 or less". Went by on a whim and I was told it would be in the garden clearance area if it exists... Turns out the whole garden area has been turned in a clearance area. 32 gallon bins sets in rows filled with random crap. I seriously tried to find the needle in a haystack.

Is it just me or is the well that is the Vita running a bit dry? At least for those in the west. There are plenty of games for them to localize but none of these game are getting localized and aren't getting physical releases. I'm just bummed.

Is it just me or is the well that is the Vita running a bit dry? At least for those in the west. There are plenty of games for them to localize but none of these game are getting localized and aren't getting physical releases. I'm just bummed.
Well yeah, we're not going to when Sony isn't pushing it. The future here is digital for it and few AAA style games, most of which will be imported.

The Vita well is running a bit dry, so get anything localized you want to soon after it's out. Honestly after Shiren/Zero Escape 3....I don't have anything I want on the horizon I believe. Also doesn't help that many games are coming out on PS4 now so that version is chosen often over the Vita version to be localized, such as Nights of the Azure. I actually do like the PS4 versions, since they usually play a bit smoother and have slightly better graphics, plus the controller and big screen, but I do want Vita to get some love too.

Brickseek shows one of my Walmarts has "1 or less". Went by on a whim and I was told it would be in the garden clearance area if it exists... Turns out the whole garden area has been turned in a clearance area. 32 gallon bins sets in rows filled with random crap. I seriously tried to find the needle in a haystack.
I had this exact experience today...I searched for about 30 minutes, but didn't find it :(

Saw a used copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 sitting on the shelf at gamestop (someone must have just traded it in) before they could bombard it with stickers. Asked how much it was and they said 19.99. Used one of my $5 coupons and snagged it up. Its a bit of a laggy port, but it'll do. Still a fun game :)

I am still scratching my head also as to why Gal Gun 2 is $44.99 on vita / $59.99 on PS4 BUT the CE is $94.99 on Vita / $99.99 on PS4. :/

Hoping the Golden Week sale is great and there are some games like Digimom or Trails or YS Celecta. Trying to find something to help me not open my Bravely Default CE lol

Saw a used copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 sitting on the shelf at gamestop (someone must have just traded it in) before they could bombard it with stickers. Asked how much it was and they said 19.99. Used one of my $5 coupons and snagged it up. Its a bit of a laggy port, but it'll do. Still a fun game :)

I am still scratching my head also as to why Gal Gun 2 is $44.99 on vita / $59.99 on PS4 BUT the CE is $94.99 on Vita / $99.99 on PS4. :/
Dont bother with the CE. Rice will clearance them a year from release.

Can't decide whether or not to convert my physical Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2 copies to digital with the current flash sale going on. Haven't played them at all, but loved black on OG Xbox.

A few days ago in this thread people said that they were able to play PS Mobile games after they deactivated their system, but all we have to go on is their word.

A few days ago in this thread people said that they were able to play PS Mobile games after they deactivated their system, but all we have to go on is their word.
I'm not sure about that, but I have seen many users say they have removed their memory cards and once they reinsert, no issues. I haven't seen any comments about the deactivated systems, but if that's true, it would be cool.

That's why I'm trying to get confirmation. I'm not willing to try it and risk losing access to my games, so getting more input from the people who made the claims would help.

Dont bother with the CE. Rice will clearance them a year from release.
I have never ordered from them but do they have a history of doing this? Gal Gun 2 seems like a pretty niche title as it is. I was hoping of streaming it on Twitch day one just for lulz...(if twitch doesnt ban it that is)

Can't decide whether or not to convert my physical Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2 copies to digital with the current flash sale going on. Haven't played them at all, but loved black on OG Xbox.
I have Sigma 1 as a free game digitally on Playstation Plus. I don't know if Sigma 2 was ever free, if it was I missed out. I have Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 Physical copies on xbox but Ninja Gaiden 2 was my favorite.

I know they are on sale right now digitally but I feel safer having Sigma 2 physically in case PSN ever goes down for the Vita for one reason or another. :/

On that note, can you still play online or buy / download stuff on the PSP?

I tried deactivating my PS Mobile games on my own by swapping memory cards. When I tried to play a PSM game afterward, it wouldn't work, BUT once I went online and tried it again, it loaded up just fine after about a minute.

So that's a 100% confirmation that PS Mobile games will work after swapping memory cards.

That single fact just brought my hatred of Sony down by about 30 percent. My only question is why they never bothered to mention that they fixed the issue??

I couldn't replace my Vita even if I wanted to, because I have PS Mobile games.

I don't think I've said it this week, so... fuck Sony.
You and me both. I haven't even turned on the wi-fi settings on my Vita in months because I don't want to lose the 30 or so PlayStation Mobile games that I bought before the PSM store went down. Probably sounds dumb to everyone but there were some really clever PSM games on that memory card that I don't want to lose. If I need to download new games, I've got a PSTV for that. I just hope some of those PSM games get ported to PSN or Steam because I play some of them quite often and they deserved a larger audience.

I tried deactivating my PS Mobile games on my own by swapping memory cards. When I tried to play a PSM game afterward, it wouldn't work, BUT once I went online and tried it again, it loaded up just fine after about a minute.

So that's a 100% confirmation that PS Mobile games will work after swapping memory cards.

That single fact just brought my hatred of Sony down by about 30 percent. My only question is why they never bothered to mention that they fixed the issue??
Well, I've got another question. Does anyone know if you can upgrade to a larger card, and still have the mobile games work? It's not currently an issue for me, as I have the biggest card offered, but if by some miracle they ever release a 128GB card, I would like to be able to upgrade if possible and keep my mobile games.

REMINDER:

Limited run games present:

Oddworld: New N' Tasty (Vita)

Tomorrow at 10AM (Eastern Daylight-savings time) 1,500 copies

Tomorrow at 6PM EDST 1,500 copies.

The final sales date for sale of left over and canceled orders will take place at a yet unspecified date and time.

Price $29.99 + $6~ shipping

https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-5-oddworld-new-n-tasty-vita

ProTips:

-Make your account now, for faster checkout.

-Refresh only every 10 sec, you'll need to be ready for a 5-6 min backup of traffic.

-Don't be greedy, ask only ONE other person to pay, order & send it to a different address ONLY if you intend to sell at value to a friend, or buy an extra as a gift.

-Expect a week or three for shipping if they didn't follow through with the fulfillment center.

-Squarehard will post anime gifs, until they get their order.

EDIT:fixed square's username

REMINDER:

The final sales date for sale of left over and canceled orders will take place at a yet unspecified date and time.

https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-5-oddworld-new-n-tasty-vita

ProTips:

-Refresh only every 10 sec, you'll need to be ready for a 5-6 min backup of traffic.

-Don't be greedy, ask only ONE other person to pay, order & send it to a different address ONLY if you intend to sell at value to a friend, or buy an extra as a gift.

-Expect a week or three for shipping if they didn't follow through with the fulfillment center.

-Squarehead will post anime gifs, until they get their order.
They aren't using a fullfillment center for this game, that's something they are hoping to do with the next game in May though. They already have the physical copies of this game sitting in their offices waiting to be bubble-bagged and tagged for shipping. What happened with SMRPG a few months ago was that Vita version had was still in transit from the factory when they did the sale and didn't even show up at their building until the end of that week.

They aren't using a fullfillment center for this game, that's something they are hoping to do with the next game in May though. They already have the physical copies of this game sitting in their offices waiting to be bubble-bagged and tagged for shipping. What happened with SMRPG a few months ago was that Vita version had was still in transit from the factory when they did the sale and didn't even show up at their building until the end of that week.
Yep, don't mind me, I'm just slightly bitter about the 5 week wait :oldman: to get my copy. lol

I'm going to -probably- skip this game (and leave a black hole in my thus far perfect collection on LRG vita games) as I lost my job this week. But I'll cheer on everyone who are able to support physical releases!!

:D/ :grouphug: :bouncy:

REMINDER:

ProTips:

-Squarehard will post anime gifs, until they get their order.

EDIT:fixed square's username
Darn it! Shipping is went up too. Hopefully don't take over 1 week to get your game with slow shipping option. I bet they make extra $3 on shipping as well. Greedy bastard.

Darn it! Shipping is went up too. Hopefully don't take over 1 week to get your game with slow shipping option. I bet they make extra $3 on shipping as well. Greedy bastard.
Well, USPS rates did go up recently.

For your information. LRG doesn't have any money right now. They pretty much spent it all on manufacturing for Futuridium and Oddworld.

Gotta ask before choosing between the PS4 and the Vita version of Oddworld. How is the Vita version? I don't care if it's limited, i just want to know if its a GOOD port. 

Yep, don't mind me, I'm just slightly bitter about the 5 week wait :oldman: to get my copy. lol

I'm going to -probably- skip this game (and leave a black hole in my thus far perfect collection on LRG vita games) as I lost my job this week. But I'll cheer on everyone who are able to support physical releases!!

:D/ :grouphug: :bouncy:
Sorry to hear about your job. I lost my previous job in May last year quite unexpectedly. Hopefully you'll find yourself a new, better, job soon.

Gotta ask before choosing between the PS4 and the Vita version of Oddworld. How is the Vita version? I don't care if it's limited, i just want to know if its a GOOD port.
Caught the tail end of the live stream last week and the Vita version was being played and looked great.

Holy shit! I just noticed this shipping increase and there's no way their paying anything close to 6 for shipping. I would even say $3 was pushing it.

In their defense though, I'm sure they had to raise cost to cover lost or stolen packages. Sadly the cheapest shipping option is often times the most poor quality wise. It's great when it works, but it's a nightmare when it doesn't.

Since they ship internationally, I'm sure they have had tons of lost or stolen games. The only other option is to raise rates up even further to cover proper insurance, but then the games will be so high priced for shipping, no one overseas will want to bother.

I guess it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

A few weeks ago, I found a 16GB card at Walmart for $40. I was planning to buy it and return-rebuy it at a Walmart pretty far from me that had it at $10. Well, I went back to the place that I bought it from to see if they found more. They didn't (or maybe they did) but the price tag for it read $10! They clearanced it without my knowing. I kept the card in the car at all times since I had no use for it as is, so I grabbed it and did the return-rebuy there! I just got a 16GB Vita memory card for $10. :D/

I remember when people complained about the shipping cost for Retro City Rampage PS4/Vita. Then it sold out and they regretted missing out.

bread's done
Back