PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one is still holding its price pretty well, only the LE dropped to $39.99.

I'm just gonna buy it with GCU, and let it sit in with the first one inside my Lionheart box. By the time BBY clearance it out (if they do, and if there is even any stock left when they do) I should have played it already.
Wish I could put II inside my Lionheart box/es. But they arent even opened yet lol

The first one is still holding its price pretty well, only the LE dropped to $39.99.

I'm just gonna buy it with GCU, and let it sit in with the first one inside my Lionheart box. By the time BBY clearance it out (if they do, and if there is even any stock left when they do) I should have played it already.
I'm not so sure Best Buy will be clearancing the 2nd one out as both the Vita and PS3 versions are now sold out for preorder a good two months in advance. They will likely get some more in stock of course, though I doubt it will be very many.

I'm not so sure Best Buy will be clearancing the 2nd one out as both the Vita and PS3 versions are now sold out for preorder a good two months in advance. They will likely get some more in stock of course, though I doubt it will be very many.
Yeah, hence buying it now with GCU.

Is it that bad of a game?

Still tempted to grab it just cause it's Vita and sub $20..
Yeah it kind of sucks. It should have just stayed a visual novel with some sim elements. The battles are garbage, the raising your stats/skills is basic and generally garbage once you figure out a major strategy to do as much damage as possible. The characters are alright and you get to know them somewhat, so they are likely the best thing about this game. It feels extremely repetitive and I generally felt I wanted to rush to get an ending and never play it again. It's about a 5/10 with the story/characters being it's only good points. Everything else feels shallow, poorly done (oh those sub-par battle graphics), and obtuse (boring skill raising system). Easily my biggest disappointment of last year.

Yeah it kind of sucks. It should have just stayed a visual novel with some sim elements. The battles are garbage, the raising your stats/skills is basic and generally garbage once you figure out a major strategy to do as much damage as possible. The characters are alright and you get to know them somewhat, so they are likely the best thing about this game. It feels extremely repetitive and I generally felt I wanted to rush to get an ending and never play it again. It's about a 5/10 with the story/characters being it's only good points. Everything else feels shallow, poorly done (oh those sub-par battle graphics), and obtuse (boring skill raising system). Easily my biggest disappointment of last year.
With your stellar review, I think I will wait for it to hit $15. Thank you for the brutal honesty.

With your stellar review, I think I will wait for it to hit $15. Thank you for the brutal honesty.
I don't regret many purchases.....it was pretty much just that and Euphoria within the last year or so. At least Euphoria had a story some people like and really good graphics....

I enjoyed it, even though I had no knowledge of the Fables series. If you like other Telltale games it's worth picking up.
It's a great game, and completely immersion. Like many Tell Tale games though, the slowdown and stuttering during quick time events is real bad on the Vita. It doesn't ruin the experience, but it's something to be aware of.

Local used game store just got a 64gb memory card in for $60 and I have it on hold. Now to decide if I actually need another card or not...

I don't know about "kill" but I'm very much looking forward to the scotch I'm going to get about 30 seconds after I sit down on the airplane in about 2 1/2 weeks.  That and showering barefoot.  It's weird what things you miss the most.  ALSOFASTINTERNET.

Of course, I'lm also very much looking forward to the fact that I have a PS Vita and a PS TV (and a bunch of games) waiting for me, when I get back.  CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

I would kill for a 128GB card to exist.
250px-132Ditto.png

I would kill for a 128GB card to exist.
I've been holding out hope for this, but as time goes by it gets less likely, but maybe? I think since the 64GB card was announced, people have been asking for a 128GB card, but Sony has all but turned off their hearing aids for all things Vita, at least in the US, so it's not likely.

Since the Vita is doing halfway decent in Japan, that is the only hope for a 128GB card, but I don't know what the Japanese users needs are in regards to digital. Do they buy digital as much as the US, or do they pretty much go all physical, because if that is the case, we'll never see a 128GB card. But if there is a demand over there, it could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've been holding out hope for this, but as time goes by it gets less likely, but maybe? I think since the 64GB card was announced, people have been asking for a 128GB card, but Sony has all but turned off their hearing aids for all things Vita, at least in the US, so it's not likely.

Since the Vita is doing halfway decent in Japan, that is the only hope for a 128GB card, but I don't know what the Japanese users needs are in regards to digital. Do they buy digital as much as the US, or do they pretty much go all physical, because if that is the case, we'll never see a 128GB card. But if there is a demand over there, it could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
A 128gb card would be $200 by their crazy pricing. Not going to happen. They've never really given discounts for going up in size.

A 128gb card would be $200 by their crazy pricing. Not going to happen. They've never really given discounts for going up in size.
I've been lucky so far, as I started out small at a 8GB card i got cheap, and have been able to flip each one of my old cards to upgrade to the new one. What I paid for my 64GB card is roughly what I paid for my 32GB about a year before.

I don't think it would be as high as $200, but for sure in the $120-150 range give or take, but I could sale my 64GB and recoup most of the cost, but either way, until they announce it, it's all pie in the sky.

If you get a closer look at the Vita memory card, you'll see there is no physical way to adapt the old card slot to fit a Micro SD card. I'd L-O-V-E a 128GB card as well but for (the likely price of)$200?  fuck NO! 

Sony would need to create a Vita 3000. While I love the Vita (and many of you regulars know how much) I highly, highly doubt that it will happen; we'd see a new handheld first. And I doubt even that! :whistle2:(

I'll see myself out; I've got to raid all my Phoenix GS stores clean of all the Vita games. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAH!

If you get a closer look at the Vita memory card, you'll see there is no physical way to adapt the old card slot to fit a Micro SD card. I'd L-O-V-E a 128GB card as well but for (the likely price of)$200? fuck NO!

Sony would need to create a Vita 3000. While I love the Vita (and many of you regulars know how much) I highly, highly doubt that it will happen; we'd see a new handheld first. And I doubt even that! :whistle2:(

I'll see myself out; I've got to raid all my Phoenix GS stores clean of all the Vita games. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAH!

Stay off my lawn!!!!

I imagine it would be closer to $150 or so, back when they were still charging MSRP for the 8, 16, and 32 cards; the 64 was really expensive to purchase, but it was still less per gig than some of the other options.

From a practicality standpoint I'm not sure why someone would spend $150+ on a memory card.   You would be better off buying a second Vita and another 64gb card for maybe just a few dollars more. 

From a practicality standpoint I'm not sure why someone would spend $150+ on a memory card. You would be better off buying a second Vita and another 64gb card for maybe just a few dollars more.
The answer is...no one would. Explains why it doesn't exist.

I gotta say though...if Vita dies...just wait till the haxors get back to it. Muahahaha!

Stay off my lawn!!!!
I'm surprised you didn't say something like, "I'll beat you there!"

For anybody who preordered ZTD watch edition, from Aksys' Twitter account:

"ZTD preorder bonus game/watch bundles were damaged in transit. The watches were sent back to the factory, but game units are on time.  If you preordered ZTD w/ watch, you'll get the game, but the watches will be a few weeks behind. You WILL STILL GET YOUR WATCH.  You'll get your bonus watch, and a bonus for the bonus being late. We're going to make this right."

And from Danny at Aksys:

"Your *GAME* should at the LATEST arrive 1 or 2 days after launch. 8/9 is prob their date for watches."

(I think that one may only apply to Amazon orders.)

Kind of a bummer, but I understand.  Not their fault, obviously.  The watch is just a fun bonus; as long as I get the game at least within a couple days, I'm not gonna be too bothered.  And hey, we get another bonus thing out of it, too.  So there's that.

For anybody who preordered ZTD watch edition, from Aksys' Twitter account:

"ZTD preorder bonus game/watch bundles were damaged in transit. The watches were sent back to the factory, but game units are on time. If you preordered ZTD w/ watch, you'll get the game, but the watches will be a few weeks behind. You WILL STILL GET YOUR WATCH. You'll get your bonus watch, and a bonus for the bonus being late. We're going to make this right."

And from Danny at Aksys:

"Your *GAME* should at the LATEST arrive 1 or 2 days after launch. 8/9 is prob their date for watches."

(I think that one may only apply to Amazon orders.)

Kind of a bummer, but I understand. Not their fault, obviously. The watch is just a fun bonus; as long as I get the game at least within a couple days, I'm not gonna be too bothered. And hey, we get another bonus thing out of it, too. So there's that.
As long as we get our watches, maybe the extra bonus is a four leaf clover bookmark

I just know that GS will screw it up for me, and I wont get the game on time, or the watch ever because gamestop employees will take it without letting me know its there.  

And they are selling a limited number of watches at Anime Expo next week if your really wanting one.  

Amazon should at least inform us of the situation and split up our orders into game + bonus item. While I may trust Aksys to send out replacement watches, I don't trust Amazon to still take care of an order that has been delivered/closed for over a month. And if that happens, their CS rep would just offer you some money back if you contacted them by then.

I had a pick up order at GS, it was preordered a long time ago, but I vaguely remember when I preordered it mentioned the watch bonus in my order. Now it looks just like a standard edition preorder. I guess best option is not to pick it up then?

I had a pick up order at GS, it was preordered a long time ago, but I vaguely remember when I preordered it mentioned the watch bonus in my order. Now it looks just like a standard edition preorder. I guess best option is not to pick it up then?
Maybe just wait, and when you go to pick up the game, see if the watch is included (or they tell you it's still coming). If they don't say anything about it, make a stink and see what happens. Worst case scenario, just cancel right then, no big loss.

Interestingly, Aqua Blue Vita handhelds are completely sold out at GS. Brand new units have been gone for a while, but even the preowned ("Gamestop refurbished") Aqua Blue consoles have been completely sold out in my area (Northern Virginia), and they were fairly common about a month ago. I really think someone has been cleaning them out in this area, they disappeared very quickly in the span of just a few weeks.

I was thinking of getting a second Aqua one as a backup (already got one late last year), but it looks like my backup unit will end up being a plain vanilla black one, unless GS magically comes up with more of them (very doubtful).

Interestingly, Aqua Blue Vita handhelds are completely sold out at GS. Brand new units have been gone for a while, but even the preowned ("Gamestop refurbished") Aqua Blue consoles have been completely sold out in my area (Northern Virginia), and they were fairly common about a month ago. I really think someone has been cleaning them out in this area, they disappeared very quickly in the span of just a few weeks.

I was thinking of getting a second Aqua one as a backup (already got one late last year), but it looks like my backup unit will end up being a plain vanilla black one, unless GS magically comes up with more of them (very doubtful).
It's either that or gamestop has been using those stores to fill online orders. I have noticed they have shifting to that model more lately

bread's done
Back