PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a guy on Ebay selling the Asian-English version of Digimon Story for $18.50 shipped. Even though he guy has 100% feedback, he hasn't sold anything in over a year. It's really fishy. 

Interestingly, Aqua Blue Vita handhelds are completely sold out at GS. Brand new units have been gone for a while, but even the preowned ("Gamestop refurbished") Aqua Blue consoles have been completely sold out in my area (Northern Virginia), and they were fairly common about a month ago. I really think someone has been cleaning them out in this area, they disappeared very quickly in the span of just a few weeks.

I was thinking of getting a second Aqua one as a backup (already got one late last year), but it looks like my backup unit will end up being a plain vanilla black one, unless GS magically comes up with more of them (very doubtful).
I read this in a different forum, so I can't attest to its veracity, but when people trade in Aqua Blue Vitas, the store employee is likely to accept it as just a standard Vita. That makes sense to me because it's not like a 3DS, which comes in a variety of colors. PlayStation systems are almost always black or occasionally gray. How many people know what a Vita is, let alone that it's available in blue? So there might be stores out there that actually have it and in the system, it's just a regular Vita.

That's a great price, so worth the risk.

Here's the direct link for anybody else interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152145970652?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I grabbed one. ^__^

:/

zXDZb1P.png

EDIT: does it give you that error if there's, like, too many people literally trying to buy it at once? it let me do it a few seconds after that, so whatever it was, it was only temporary.

Funny enough its media mail too which is not allowed for video games.

Edit: I bit on it for fuck s and giggles.

From his feedback it does not seem like he buys of sells games. For $19 I can put up with the hassle of filing claim.

Why do skeptical people who aren't familiar with Ebay always talk about the risky nature or sketchiness of Ebay?  You don't know what you're talking about.  Worst case scenario you get your money back if the seller doesn't deliver.  If the listing has false, contradictory, or ambiguous info then don't buy it, just like any other storefront.  It's simple. 

Why do skeptical people who aren't familiar with Ebay always talk about the risky nature or sketchiness of Ebay? You don't know what you're talking about. Worst case scenario you get your money back if the seller doesn't deliver. If the listing has false, contradictory, or ambiguous info then don't buy it, just like any other storefront. It's simple.
So do I use my eBay gift card or Paypal for the easiest refund?

Dammit, that price is too good...

[attachment=22669:i-want-to-believe-ufo-x-files-poster-daily-quotes-sayings-pictures-810x1089.jpg]

Oh, I thought I was in the Japanese deals threads. $20 isn't too unbelievable for Vita games. Wasn't freedom wars $5-15 all the time?

Oh, I thought I was in the Japanese deals threads. $20 isn't too unbelievable for Vita games. Wasn't freedom wars $5-15 all the time?
I'm not sure that's a good comparison though because we actually know this game is not listed anywhere close to $20 anywhere else, nor does it have a history of being listed at this price.

People aren't shocked that you can get a Vita game for under $20, but that they can get this Vita game for under $20.

I mean, even Heavy-Arms wants considerably more for this, and that's typically the go to place for most of us when it comes to Vita Asia/English releases.

Also, still a newer title that was released months ago.

The list goes on and on. ;P

I'm tempted to try for that listing, but isn't at least some of the Cyber Sleuth DLC pretty good? I'm not really up to making an HK PSN account.

The dream is over!

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

tumblr_muh6ojMCXI1sighw7o2_500.gif

Oh great...so it's not gonna be legit lloll.
Still holding out hope that some of the earlier orders might still be fulfilled. XD

My fingers are crossed so hard right now, my hand looks like a pretzel.

*edit*

Got the official email now.

Woe is me. T___T

Updated - PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Checklist has all three titles added that are officially being released tomorrow. And, rejoice all ye denizens of the frozen tundra of the far north, a whole bunch of Canadian package variations added.

Just for the record, the R1 Directory is still not at a hundred percent complete as far as listing all of the Dominion of Canada packaging variations. There are more not yet documented in the directory. The research takes quite a lot of time to conduct and despite how it may seem, I do not have a lot of time that I can devote to doing this on a regular basis, hence why this is the first time in nearly a year more such titles have been added. So just a heads up not to expect to see additions on the D.O.C. variations very often, but I do hope to have it caught up at some point later in the year.

I filed a claim saying I did not receive it and they will contact the seller. Was that the right move? Do I do anything with PayPal?
Just make sure you remember to followup with Ebay after a few days. If there's no response from the seller, they'll step in and settle it, but only after 4 days (and they don't reach back out to you, you have to remember to do it). If they don't hear from you for like a month after you file the claim, they close it and you can't open another. Nothing needs to be done with Paypal, though.

On the topic of God Eater Resurrection (and God Eater 2) Vita, does the Japanese version have the same VA as the anime? I liked the anime and is totally accustomed to their voices now that I don't think I can play it in English.

I see Amazon lists God Eater Resurrection Japan (w/ Chinese Subtitles) for $60ish, I'm guessing this is not the most cost efficient way to import right? I don't have a lot of experience in importing due to budget constraints, any help would be appreciated.

On the topic of God Eater Resurrection (and God Eater 2) Vita, does the Japanese version have the same VA as the anime? I liked the anime and is totally accustomed to their voices now that I don't think I can play it in English.

I see Amazon lists God Eater Resurrection Japan (w/ Chinese Subtitles) for $60ish, I'm guessing this is not the most cost efficient way to import right? I don't have a lot of experience in importing due to budget constraints, any help would be appreciated.
If it just says with Chinese subs, then it doesn't have an English sub as well.

Not all of the Asia region Vita games will have English subs (assuming there is version released), so be careful when you are purchasing listings that only list Chinese subs.

Most efficient way would probably to see if there's anything up on Heavy-Arms first, and they do have them listed on there, so take a gander.

All that being said, I actually don't remember God Eater actually having an English sub version in Asia, so you may be SoL on this one.

So should I dispute via ebay or just leave it alone?
Dispute! eBay is pretty good about getting your money back. As was mentioned above, you start by requesting a refund directly from the seller. If that doesn't work after a few days (and it likely won't), then you follow up with eBay and they take over. Just follow the instructions in the cancellation email. Definitely don't just let the guy keep your $18!

A question about buying a physical copy of Digimon or other games like it where it is an Asia release with English subtitles. Do I need to create an asian PSN account to play these games? Or can I just play them with my US account? 

A question about buying a physical copy of Digimon or other games like it where it is an Asia release with English subtitles. Do I need to create an asian PSN account to play these games? Or can I just play them with my US account?
You can play it with your US account, you just can't get any of the DLC from the Asia PSN store

Yeah, the games play fine, and if there is any update patches, they can be applied with no issues.

The rule of thumb is games are region free, but DLC and online passes are linked to the PSN of the games origin country. So DLC and online passes can be used and or purchased, but require an account from those specific regions.

I've never personally bothered with that, as it's a pain to do for the Vita, as a separate memory card is required per account. For some reason Sony made the Vita work different than the PS3 did in regards to multiple region accounts. I guess they didn't like the Vita from the get go, as they have been treating it bad from the start. LOL

I filed a claim saying I did not receive it and they will contact the seller. Was that the right move? Do I do anything with PayPal?
Ebay specifically states you should choose "I bought an item" "I haven't recieved it yet". Though then you have to message the seller and wait like 4 days.

Kinda dumb how they want you to contact the seller...the seller of a compromised account lol

I've never personally bothered with that, as it's a pain to do for the Vita, as a separate memory card is required per account. For some reason Sony made the Vita work different than the PS3 did in regards to multiple region accounts. I guess they didn't like the Vita from the get go, as they have been treating it bad from the start. LOL
You need a separate memory card for each account? That sucks. I haven't been able to set mine up, yet, but I only bought one memory card. Dude, that a PITA.

I already got a Facebook invite from an account I would assume is the next part of the scam from the hacker(s)

I'm waiting for the super mega ultra awesomely mind blowing news that it will have a physical Vita release for the West.

This is acceptable for now though.
Hehehe if we're not getting I am Setsuna Vita Physical copies in NA you expect an even smaller game to get physical copies? I love that wishfull thinking! :D/

On a North American note - Was anyone else surprised Lego Star Wars Force Awakens isn't available through the online store?  I thought about ordering through Amazon yesterday, but then thought... "Hell, I'll just wait till 9pm and buy through the store."  Passed out early, so I got up this morning and looked, and it wasn't available.  Maybe you HAVE to play from the install stick?  Dunno why else it isn't there.

bread's done
Back