PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the bus company right after I found out, and they said they couldn't even ask the driver if it was on the bus because it would be "an unnecessary distraction." fuck that company every which way.

My only hope was to wait for the bus to make its return trip and ask/look for it then. So I did that, and of course it was nowhere to be found.

I called the bus company right after I found out, and they said they couldn't even ask the driver if it was on the bus because it would be "an unnecessary distraction." fuck that company every which way.

My only hope was to wait for the bus to make its return trip and ask/look for it then. So I did that, and of course it was nowhere to be found.
Time for you to get a car.

Guess all those games with anime girls on the cover are keeping your system alive on life support ... Shame it's now bedridden and unable to leave to the weeaboo nursing home.
I don't have a GF so many of these anime Vita games are the next best thing.

Well, I know I'm going to put contact info in all my belongings now, on the off chance that I lose them.

I'm normally very careful with my things, but this spiraled out of control from just a piece of paper falling out of my pocket, and a poorly timed phone call.

Well, I know I'm going to put contact info in all my belongings now, on the off chance that I lose them.

I'm normally very careful with my things, but this spiraled out of control from just a piece of paper falling out of my pocket, and a poorly timed phone call.
Yeah, loosing shit sucks big time, but keep your head up, as everything you lost, can be replaced.

Bad days happen, as I know, my last few weeks haven't been that great, but I just thank God each morning for the day ahead, and muddle through and take the good along with the bad.

Yeah, you completely missed the point.

A lot of people who buy a Vita aren't buying it for the the exclusives, they're buying it so they can play on the go, so saying stuff like "The Vita is dead, most of the games are available on PS3/PS4" completely misses the point.
Your point was that its silly last I checked.

As for the bolded. You're the one saying that so obviously you must be the one thinking it then. All I posted was the vita lacks exclusives and doesn't have as many rpgs/support just like most systems do for rpgs. The ps2/psp/ds line are exceptions for the large number of titles they had. All of which is true. Whether that effects your purchase habits is your own personal issue.

Oh and the 3ds/vita wise off the top of my head I think conception 2 and the 2nd and 3rd titles from 999's trilogy were shared. The main point was you forgot it. Does it really matter how many games it had shared between the 2? Especially when you mentioned ps4 which has how many shared exactly?

Two quick questions.

1. Is Summon Night 6 getting a vanilla physical release? I couldn't tell from what was released in regards from the crazy Wonderbook edition.

2. Is Heavy Arms the place to go for Asia imports? I normally use Play Asia but $. Any way to see their stock, or is it all Twitter based?

1. I believe there will be a regular release for Summon Night 6.

2. A lot of people use Heavy Arms, and I believe they are the go to for Asia releases. I still haven't used it myself since I'm not a huge fan of emailing to order. Don't know about the stock I'll let someone else answer there.

Heavy Arm is very good for getting Asian releases. Price-wise, I'm not too sure they are much different than Play-Asia, but YMMV. I've ordered several games from HA and have been quite happy with the service

Twitter and/or email is indeed the best way to reach HeavyArm regarding stock and prices. Their Twitter is quite active, usually no longer than a day for a response. Don't rely on the website for stock - chances are good that even though the site says OOS, there is some stock available for international shipping.

Yeah looking through their Twitter feed vs PlayAsia its a split on prices. Some things are better from each. Will see what their plan is for DQ Builders.

I've never heard anything about this new Gundam game Heavy-Arm has and there are only a few English mentions of it on Google. What exactly is it? Something I read said it was an SRPG, which would definitely peak my interest in true.

Side note: September is coming. RIP wallets.

Two quick questions.

1. Is Summon Night 6 getting a vanilla physical release? I couldn't tell from what was released in regards from the crazy Wonderbook edition.

2. Is Heavy Arms the place to go for Asia imports? I normally use Play Asia but $. Any way to see their stock, or is it all Twitter based?
Heavy Arm is pretty good and gives great service but sometimes shipping on single games kills it. For example, Caladrius Blaze on PS4 is $29.99 plus $4.99 shipping on Play-Asia and the same game on Heavy Arm is $35 plus $10. The $10 does cover the cost of up to five games.

On the other hand the new SD Gundam G Generations Genesis (that's a lot of G's) on vita costs $67.99 with $4.99 shipping at Play-Asia and at Heavy Arm it's $59 plus $10. You save a little with Heavy Arm if you're buying just that item. If you do decide to shop with Play-Asia use the code GEMATSU (like the website) at checkout for $3 off your purchase (sometimes the code works and sometimes it doesn't).

Heavy Arm is pretty active on twitter and as other members have said they do reply pretty quickly. I do recommend them. Hopefully they'll have their English site up and running so we can order directly off the website.

Are vita cloud saves ps+ members only?
I believe so. And honestly that is the biggest advantages of PS+ for me.

I'm not rich, but I still value my time greater than the monetary value of a game, a memory card or a VITA. So with the cloud save I have a peace of mind if I leave my Vita on the train, stolen, or memory card craps out etc.

Heavy Arm gets my vote over Play-Asia for the CS alone. I've contacted PA in the past, and while I may get a human, there is often a "robot" response in regards to any issues.

PA very rarely restocks, and when they do, they often charge a premium for the privilege. Even though HA charges a flat $10 on shipping, I just make sure to buy at least 2 games, and it's then worth it, and if you can get 4-5 games, even better.

I still use PA, as they have good deals and sales from time to time, as well as many other gaming related items(statues, books, etc). But as far as ASIA English releases go, HA is top shelf all the way.

I believe so. And honestly that is the biggest advantages of PS+ for me.

I'm not rich, but I still value my time greater than the monetary value of a game, a memory card or a VITA. So with the cloud save I have a peace of mind if I leave my Vita on the train, stolen, or memory card craps out etc.
aren't saves tied to systems though?

If i would have found it ill return it........for a price mwahahahahahah

I guess I'll bide my time buying another Vita, but I should go ahead and get Shiren now before it goes out of stock at Best Buy. (This will be my third time buying the game, and it's only been out for a month..)

There's some half decent deals on Amazon, including a brand new slim for $150. I'll check around town for a used one first.

Not sure if anyone bought the Injustice Vita game from walmart last week but it is AWESOME>
How are the graphics in this one? I've recently popped in Ultimate Marvel 3 and Blazblue CPE and they looked great, very similar to the console counterparts. Mortal Kombat 9 I remember looking kind of shoddy on the Vita. I noticed the Vita's having quite a collection of fighting games lately too.

How are the graphics in this one? I've recently popped in Ultimate Marvel 3 and Blazblue CPE and they looked great, very similar to the console counterparts. Mortal Kombat 9 I remember looking kind of shoddy on the Vita. I noticed the Vita's having quite a collection of fighting games lately too.
Oh its great. I've never played Injustice games before but I'm really enjoying the storyline. I'm also not really picky about graphics, so I really like it. The plot is great with the parallel universes...

Partially, Its because I came in with such low expectations with the shiitty SFV game (when it was first released).

Anyway, you can check out the game here. I agree with this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Nfg5VBwTg

I guess I'll bide my time buying another Vita, but I should go ahead and get Shiren now before it goes out of stock at Best Buy. (This will be my third time buying the game, and it's only been out for a month..)

There's some half decent deals on Amazon, including a brand new slim for $150. I'll check around town for a used one first.
Ebay seller has some refurb Vitas for $110 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-WiFi-PCH-1001-5-OLED-touchscreen/152112262266?

hash=item236a98ec7a&_trkparms=5373%3A0%7C5374%3AFeatured

If eBay links are against the rules please delete and my apologies.

Thanks. I got a shipping notice from Amazon that sounded like it was the watch, but it arrived as the game only.

Hopefully the watch will show up in a couple weeks!
Yeah, I got an email from GameStop a few days back, stating that they would be getting the watches, and my order should be shipping soon. How long that will take is anyone's guess.

Hopefully nobody gets a smashed watch as a result of poor packaging.

If it takes them this long to just get you the watch, how long will it take to actually replace one?  2018?

So lego star wars the force awakens for ps vita dropped in price at best buy (I remember like a week ago it was the same price at gamestop). Now it's $19.99. gcu price is $15.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-force-awakens-ps-vita/5022300.p?id=bb5022300&skuId=5022300&productCategoryId=pcmcat748302046148

I'm not sure if I should get it. :/ I think it might drop further if it doesn't sell out quick.
Interesting they have it listed as a sale though. Wouldn't the price go back up after the sale period ends? With how quickly physical Vita stuff sells it may be wise to buy now at this GCU price.

Hopefully nobody gets a smashed watch as a result of poor packaging.

If it takes them this long to just get you the watch, how long will it take to actually replace one? 2018?
Well, since Aksys had to get new watches made, I would hope they would have had extra ones made, just for this reason.

But considering how well this all went down, they may not be that bright. So if anyone gets a damaged watch, I'll assume like all SOLD OUT L.E. sets, this won't be replaced at all, just a refund.

Is this standard price for this or is this actually considered a sale nowadays? Still need to pick one of these up but hoping it will be a little bit cheaper. Does Groupon ever carry these anymore? It would be nice to use one of those random Groupon coupons on it.
Considered a sale. I keep seeing them close to $100. I haven't seen a Groupon deal on these for a while, but others can vouch since I already own one and don't keep an ultra active eye on the deals for them.

bread's done
Back