PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Never played Binding of Isaac, but all I needed to hear was "random dungeons" to steer me far far away from it. Random dungeons just aren't my cup of tea.

Binding Of Isaac seems cool, but I haven't gotten yet as I've been waiting on a good sale, or a physical Vita release. But I'm willing to give it a go when the price is right, as it seems decent enough.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PS4/Vita) was free on PS+ back in Nov 2014.  I didn't find it that fun, but I think it's just typically I don't care for random level generation.  I'd rather a game just be well crafted.  I didn't like Spelunky either for the same reason.... though I did grow to enjoy Luftrausers in part because of it.  I think it just depends on the game for me.  I loved that Minecraft both had it and also let you plug in a seed to control it.

I think anyone looking for random oddball crazy games would be best served by a decent pc.  It doesn't even need to be that great a pc... just decent because most of the really wacky crazy stuff is made by indie developers and they tend to target lower specs to sell more copies.  We only get a tiny sample of what is actually out there... and I think the PS4 actually gets more of this stuff than we do.

Looking through all the exclusives and looking for something really oddball only one game even comes up for me, Murasaki Baby.  I wouldn't call that excellent but it was decent and it was pretty weird.  Most of the exclusives though are more traditional games so you are going to be pretty hard pressed trying to find something really strange that you can't play elsewhere (even on consoles).

Alrighty guys, I have a ton of GameStop Cyber Monday coupons to use and want to add to my Vita library.  I do have a few GameStops near me, but of course their Vita selection is...lacking.  So a couple questions I have:

1. What games do I need to get??  I already have the most popular suggestions online (Persona, Y's, Trails of Cold Steel)

2. Has anyone ordered Vita games online?  Do they usually come with the case?

Thanks!

Edit:  The other thing I'm trying to consider is collector editions of these games.  For example, the CE of Trails was just as much a a used copy at GS.  I much prefer CE's if the prices aren't too crazy.

Alrighty guys, I have a ton of GameStop Cyber Monday coupons to use and want to add to my Vita library. I do have a few GameStops near me, but of course their Vita selection is...lacking. So a couple questions I have:

1. What games do I need to get?? I already have the most popular suggestions online (Persona, Y's, Trails of Cold Steel)

2. Has anyone ordered Vita games online? Do they usually come with the case?

Thanks!

Edit: The other thing I'm trying to consider is collector editions of these games. For example, the CE of Trails was just as much a a used copy at GS. I much prefer CE's if the prices aren't too crazy.
Same here...I have $155 worth to spend before 12/31 -.-

BB email says Shantae is delayed until 12/20.

This waiting game is the worst preorder bonus ever.

Man I work for Best Buy

And back at the start of the summer corporate had a unspecified "incident" which we can only theorize as to what it was exactly, and they lost fifteen years of customer data! Yes, you read that right, they "lost" fifteen years of data. Everything from the beginning of the oldest active database in 1998 through early 2013, gone, wiped out, "unrecoverable".
You can be the hero. Suggest a Disaster Recovery service, Backup/Restore service, and High Availability service! I'll sell you mine.

We were just informed that the release date for the item listed below has been updated to Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
E-mail message just received from Best Buy pertaining to Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.

You can be the hero. Suggest a Disaster Recovery service, Backup/Restore service, and High Availability service! I'll sell you mine.
Best Buy owns their own in-house data recovery service... for what that's worth. I honestly don't think that data is as important to them as their high level discussions about the origin of mayonnaise.

Well I just realized that our Cyber Monday coupons are only valid in-store.  Guess I'll just be grabbing any in-stock Vita games that I don't currently have.  Ugh.

Alrighty guys, I have a ton of GameStop Cyber Monday coupons to use and want to add to my Vita library. I do have a few GameStops near me, but of course their Vita selection is...lacking. So a couple questions I have:

Same here...I have $155 worth to spend before 12/31 -.-
Lots of Cyber Monday coupons here too, looking to get World of Final Fantasy, Trails of Cold Steel 2, and Odin Sphere if I can find them locally.

Here is the list pre-owned Vita games from Gamestop sorted by the their prices to simplify things for you. (Clicking the game name on the sheet shows local inventory at Gamestop.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1401032774

1. What games do I need to get?? I already have the most popular suggestions online (Persona, Y's, Trails of Cold Steel)

2. Has anyone ordered Vita games online? Do they usually come with the case?

Thanks!

Edit: The other thing I'm trying to consider is collector editions of these games. For example, the CE of Trails was just as much a a used copy at GS. I much prefer CE's if the prices aren't too crazy.
I've ordered 3 vita games online before (b2g1 sale) and only 1 was cart only. I have 3 more (bf b2g1 sale) on their way now so we'll see how that turns out. One of my local stores does have a CIB sly Cooper thieves in time for $8.99 PUR I'll be using a $5 cert on.

Lots of Cyber Monday coupons here too, looking to get World of Final Fantasy, Trails of Cold Steel 2, and Odin Sphere if I can find them locally.

Here is the list pre-owned Vita games from Gamestop sorted by the their prices to simplify things for you. (Clicking the game name on the sheet shows local inventory at Gamestop.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1401032774
can you use the coupons online or store only...

and be banned lol

moon 35 coupons 25 so how would you get it back
You wouldn't get banned.

You need to wait for the TIV to get boosted during a promo for boomerangs, break even trades, or a net loss trade of 1-2 dollars. Then you can get whatever Vita game online with trade credit with no expiration. More then likely you might take a small loss converting the coupon to credit.

You can buy the games online, return them to store and then rebuy them with coupons if they are in a condition that you like. Ofc there's a limit to how much you can return before it's deemed suspicious behavior, 3-4 returns in a month ain't too bad.

GameStop.com orders can surprise you with complete copies of rarer games, or they can meet your expectations of copies in shitty condition. You don't have much to lose since you'll be returning them anyway.

I have about $100 in the certs. I'm going to cross my fingers that people in the community turn in copies of The Last Guardian and Dead Rising 4 so I can buy them used super cheap. I figure with both of those games releasing December 6th there's a slim chance copies will show up pre-owned prior to the certs expiring on the 31st. If that fails I will likely use the certs on weird random Vita games that I don't know anything about. 

I have about $100 in the certs. I'm going to cross my fingers that people in the community turn in copies of The Last Guardian and Dead Rising 4 so I can buy them used super cheap. I figure with both of those games releasing December 6th there's a slim chance copies will show up pre-owned prior to the certs expiring on the 31st. If that fails I will likely use the certs on weird random Vita games that I don't know anything about.
In the same boat. I'm hoping a used copy of Shiren the Wanderer shows up in my area before 12/31. If not, I'll use my $25 cert to get a used Dualshock 3 for $15. The new MSRP for DS3s is $55.99 which is way too much.

In the same boat. I'm hoping a used copy of Shiren the Wanderer shows up in my area before 12/31. If not, I'll use my $25 cert to get a used Dualshock 3 for $15. The new MSRP for DS3s is $55.99 which is way too much.
I feel like controllers always cost too much. I bought 2 Dualshock 4's from Amazon on Cyber Monday for $34 each, but with the exception of Black Friday/Cyber Monday it seems like controllers almost never go on sale.

I feel like controllers always cost too much. I bought 2 Dualshock 4's from Amazon on Cyber Monday for $34 each, but with the exception of Black Friday/Cyber Monday it seems like controllers almost never go on sale.
It appears that the price of Dualshock 3 controllers went up after the production of the PS3 was scaled back. I really don't like to buy used controllers because they're gross, but I figure I could always take one apart and clean it up before using it. I've replaced the thumbsticks on a 360 controller before, so it's not hard with the right tool to open up the controller. That's probably what I'm gonna do since it's highly unlikely that I'm going to find Shiren in store.

Thanks for mentioning Shiren--I had completely forgotten about it and there's a copy in my area that will be a good use of my $25 + $5 certs.

It appears that the price of Dualshock 3 controllers went up after the production of the PS3 was scaled back. I really don't like to buy used controllers because they're gross, but I figure I could always take one apart and clean it up before using it. I've replaced the thumbsticks on a 360 controller before, so it's not hard with the right tool to open up the controller. That's probably what I'm gonna do since it's highly unlikely that I'm going to find Shiren in store.
Kind of a rare chance, and I think you post in the Target Clearance Thread also so you probably already know, but if you can find any of those clearanced PSTV bundles for 30 bucks, that would be a sweet way to grab a Dualshock 3 for cheap and if you didn't want the PSTV or the memory card you could probably sell those fairly easily.

Kind of a rare chance, and I think you post in the Target Clearance Thread also so you probably already know, but if you can find any of those clearanced PSTV bundles for 30 bucks, that would be a sweet way to grab a Dualshock 3 for cheap and if you didn't want the PSTV or the memory card you could probably sell those fairly easily.
Yeah, I already thought about that. Unfortunately, all PSTVs in my area have been long gone according to Brickseek.

What is the best currently available case for the Vita 2000?  I had that massive PDP hard case for my launch vita.  I would prefer something a little more svelte this time around.

Out of curiosity, why would anyone want a DS3? Those little nubs for your palms to hold are horrible. Also the DS4 is vastly superior and can be used on the PS3. If the reason is because it is much cheaper than the newer controllers than I guess I understand.

Back on topic here is some game play footage of Shakedown Hawaii, which is the kinda like the successor to Retro City Rampage. It is scheduled to come out on the Vita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8b9jhzGQw&feature=youtu.be

Shakedown Hawaii looks wicked fun, I can wait. Hopefully it's 2017 release date is closer to the beginning of the year, and not at the end.

Brian also mention physical version as well, so I hope those are available at launch, and not further down the road like it was for RCR.

Shakedown Hawaii looks good.  The only thing I really didn't care for from RCR was the pace felt a bit too rapid.  I understood a lot of the references but they go by so quick sometimes that the game feels like it was developed by someone a bit too hyper.   Still, I'm looking forward to Shakedown Hawaii... it has more of a Ikari Warriors / Commando feel to it.

They are in store only. Of course you could buy Pokemon games with it and trade them back in during a trade promo to get the Reward Cert back as trade credit and then buy it online.
This is what I did, used $175 in certs to pick up Platinum, Soulsilver, Black and Black 2 for free. Should trade for $144 on the next 50% bonus, if values hold. Might hang on to them a while to play through or save them for my son, he's almost old enough to enjoy them.
Manager was cool enough to do separate transactions for me to get them all at once. Though I did bring 'em donuts on Black Friday so that probably helped.
Also caught a counterfeit Soulsilver too, so be wary if you pick up any Pokemon games. I could tell just by looking at the label. Popped it in my 3ds to prove it to the manager. Came up as My Health Coach or something like that.

I was not aware that the Dualshock 4 can be used on the PS3. Is that actually true? I know that either the DS3 or DS4 can be used on the PSTV, but I was always under the impression that only the DS3 can be used on the PS3.

It doesn't make a lot of difference to me, as I have plenty of Sony controllers at the moment, but I am curious.

Anyone else try out Neon Chrome since it was released on Vita this week? Picked it up from a fellow CAG (not through the recent free glitch) and really enjoying it. Rogue like twin stick, works quite nicely on the Vita.

I was not aware that the Dualshock 4 can be used on the PS3. Is that actually true? I know that either the DS3 or DS4 can be used on the PSTV, but I was always under the impression that only the DS3 can be used on the PS3.

It doesn't make a lot of difference to me, as I have plenty of Sony controllers at the moment, but I am curious.
Yeah my kids have used one of the PS4 controllers we have on their PS3. It is a real thing.

Yeah my kids have used one of the PS4 controllers we have on their PS3. It is a real thing.
That's pretty rad, I'll have to try that. I don't hate the DS3, but I feel strongly that the DS4 is far superior in its ergonomics. Always found it to be considerably more comfortable to hold and use, despite the truncated battery life.

That's pretty rad, I'll have to try that. I don't hate the DS3, but I feel strongly that the DS4 is far superior in its ergonomics. Always found it to be considerably more comfortable to hold and use, despite the truncated battery life.
2 things I have to mention though. Sixaxis on ps3 does not work with DS4, so you have a hard time playing something like Heavy Rain. 2nd, they added a patch in around a year ago to allow you to play wireless with the DS4, and it's some kind of Bluetooth setting.

These guys are leaving out a little information regarding the DualShock 4 on PS3.

Vibration doesn't work.

Sixaxis doesn't work.

PS Home button can only turn on the PS3, has no function after that. This is from what I remember, I MIGHT be wrong with this one.

The diagonals on the d-pad don't register unless you connect the DS4 to the PS3 with a micro USB cable; I tried playing Ultra Street Fighter IV before and trust me it's like that unless they fixed it since two years ago.

If none of that bothers you, then go ahead and use the DS4. Just know that it's not a perfect replacement for an actual DualShock 3.

These guys are leaving out a little information regarding the DualShock 4 on PS3.

Vibration doesn't work.
Sixaxis doesn't work.

PS Home button can only turn on the PS3, has no function after that. This is from what I remember, I MIGHT be wrong with this one.

The diagonals on the d-pad don't register unless you connect the DS4 to the PS3 with a micro USB cable; I tried playing Ultra Street Fighter IV before and trust me it's like that unless they fixed it since two years ago.

If none of that bothers you, then go ahead and use the DS4. Just know that it's not a perfect replacement for an actual DualShock 3.
Thank you for responding in my defense. Certain games that I own on PS3 such as Heavenly Sword and Trash Panic will not play with a Dualshock 4 because of the Sixaxis features.

Anyone else try out Neon Chrome since it was released on Vita this week? Picked it up from a fellow CAG (not through the recent free glitch) and really enjoying it. Rogue like twin stick, works quite nicely on the Vita.
Yes I played it for a while recently, fantastic twin stick shooter! So glad I picked up the PS4 version on sale a while ago, really great getting the Vita version free due to cross-buy.

bread's done
Back