PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone else posted earlier, GameStop is discounting their preowned game certificates for Cyber Monday. Now is the time to cash out on these if you have Power Up Rewards points, and buy those Vita games that have otherwise eluded you. I got a $25 off coupon for only 10,000 points. Hoping to find Odin Sphere or Shiren the Wanderer used. I can't post a link to the thread for some reason though.

As someone else posted earlier, GameStop is discounting their preowned game certificates for Cyber Monday. Now is the time to cash out on these if you have Power Up Rewards points, and buy those Vita games that have otherwise eluded you. I got a $25 off coupon for only 10,000 points. Hoping to find Odin Sphere or Shiren the Wanderer used. I can't post a link to the thread for some reason though.
And how exactly did you get $25 off for 10k in points? I am looking at it now and I only see $25 off for 25k.

Edit- Nevermind I see it

Well, I bought 6 Vita games at GS for our ride home.

2 for the son
2 for me.
and 2 that I thought both of us would like.

Mortal Kombat - It will be returned. Ugh Not a good fighting option... (In my defense, my other option was DoA5...)
Dynasty Warriors... Uh.. yea... This is not the PS3 version I remember.
Persona 4... and that was the end of him sharing. I bought it for ME!! And... I am not going to get to play it. ;-) Glad he liked a game... and it took care of a 9 hour car trip.

Other 3 games... I can't even remember. haha
I found Mortal Kombat Vita to be a pretty damn good port. Sure, the graphics and framerate take a small hit, but overall it's probably the best portable version of an MK to date.

An Update from the Muv Luv Kickstarter regarding the Vita version.

Porting is about to begin.

The Collector's Box will use these images.

(snippedy doo dah)
That's good to see. They're going to use all the ones I wanted them to use in one form or another.

I guess it was a 3-hour coupon?
A three hour coupon ....

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/sharin_en/status/803186103108792321
So it sounds like it's going to be available retail if they meet the stretch goal.

That's good, if they hit the stretch goal that is.

Now I won't feel forced to back it once it hits the stretch goal, and just wait for the retail version.

It's really a win win for me, but of course, that's IF it hits the stretch goal. :p

I found Mortal Kombat Vita to be a pretty damn good port. Sure, the graphics and framerate take a small hit, but overall it's probably the best portable version of an MK to date.
OK, I will check it out.... Have another trip tomorrow...

2 of the other 3 games:
Assassins Creed
Metal Gear Solid Collection

I still can't remember the 3rd one.

IFFY Store sale is up. MeiQ LE for 20% off. Don't post the link so it doesn't get eaten up by CAG front page lurkers. NISA store should be up soon too.

Fairy Fencer would have been tempting if it wasn't so cheap on PSN. 

I might get the shirts and hat though.

Eh, don't regret it. It's only 20%. At least you got to play it early.

Just buy one of the Nep T-Shirts or something to make it up.
I'm just surprised an LE from IF hasn't sold out by now.

Even Trillion LE sold out less than a month after it came out.

MeiQ just sort of stuck around in stock this whole time. :eek:

And yes, I did get to play with it early, eh, heh, heh...

tumblr_n8l8wvWtwL1tz1a8uo1_500.gif

Did anyone preorder Fate Vita from BBY? My order disappeared with no trace to be found.

EDIT:

Did a little search:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Video-Game-Preordered-way-back-in-May-Order-disappeared-on-BB/td-p/999459/highlight/true/page/3

Seems like a lot of earlier pre-orders have been wiped. Sucks for since I paid with GC and Certs.

I really love Best Buy, and always favor them over Amazon when I can.

But god damn it, this is a very simple database backbone and basic e-commerce infrastructure that they seem unable to maintain.

So it sounds like it's going to be available retail if they meet the stretch goal.

That's good, if they hit the stretch goal that is.

Now I won't feel forced to back it once it hits the stretch goal, and just wait for the retail version.

It's really a win win for me, but of course, that's IF it hits the stretch goal. :p
I might want the Special Kickstarter version if the stuff included is worthwhile

I might want the Special Kickstarter version if the stuff included is worthwhile
You going to have to pay $90 or so after shipping for it now.

They only had 100 early bird specials, and those are all taken now, so you're going to have to pay $10 more if you want in on that version.

You going to have to pay $90 or so after shipping for it now.

They only had 100 early bird specials, and those are all taken now, so you're going to have to pay $10 more if you want in on that version.
I bet we'll get a physical Sharin no Kuni before Grisaia Vita comes out.

Did anyone preorder Fate Vita from BBY? My order disappeared with no trace to be found.

EDIT:

Did a little search:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Video-Game-Preordered-way-back-in-May-Order-disappeared-on-BB/td-p/999459/highlight/true/page/3

Seems like a lot of earlier pre-orders have been wiped. Sucks for since I paid with GC and Certs.

But god damn it, this is a very simple database backbone and basic e-commerce infrastructure that they seem unable to maintain.
I believe the preorders are still there, they are just not showing in your open orders list. I had several disappear a few weeks ago, only to reappear last week, then disappear again. FFXV was one of them and it was sent out no problem so the orders are there - its just a problem with the Best Buy website. Of course not seeing a preorder makes it really hard to cancel so that can be a problem for some people, though if you have the order number from your confirmation email you can probably do that through a customer service call.

So what are some recommendations on released or upcoming vita games for NA that are batshit crazy but still fun?

I miss oddball games that were just insane as hell and really different but Im out of touch with vita games, and the vita seems to be the last bastion for off the wall kind of games.

I love my consoles but most of the games that come out on them just mostly all feel the same.

So what are some recommendations on released or upcoming vita games for NA that are batshit crazy but still fun?

I miss oddball games that were just insane as hell and really different but Im out of touch with vita games, and the vita seems to be the last bastion for off the wall kind of games.

I love my consoles but most of the games that come out on them just mostly all feel the same.
Here is a list of my favorite vita digital games.

Most of these are also available on PS4* with cross buy support but I've spent most of my time with them on vita.

Darkest Dungeon*

Servered

Steamworld Heist*

Velocity 2X*

Crypt of the NecroDancer*

Downwell*

Risk of Rain*

Nuclear Throne*

Hotline Miami*
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth*

Rogue Legacy*

Dustforce

Spelunky*

EDIT:

Did a little search:

Same here. Was trying to cancel my Last Guardian preorder, but couldn't find it.

EDIT:

Did a little search:

Yeah I would love to see just from my own industry curiosity standpoint what the hell they have going on to have such issues with their website. Especially since every time they do improvements they seem to forget they need to go back and fix what breaks.

Here is a list of my favorite vita digital games.

Most of these are also available on PS4* with cross buy support but I've spent most of my time with them on vita.

Darkest Dungeon*

Servered

Steamworld Heist*

Velocity 2X*

Crypt of the NecroDancer*

Downwell*

Risk of Rain*

Nuclear Throne*

Hotline Miami*
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth*

Rogue Legacy*

Dustforce

Spelunky*
I'm hoping to see Limited Run Games release a few of these in physical form. I know there was talk about Isaac in the past, but maybe they couldn't work out a deal with the developers.

The Danganronpa series would probably also fit that bill.

The Zero escape series is also really well done and the first game that was previously only available on DS is being remade for Vita.

Both those series pluck a variety of characters and force them into an enclosed space against their will by a 3rd party and task them with surviving. Zero Escape involves puzzle solving to clear escape rooms and Danganronpa (which has more over the top characters) is about gathering evidence to unmask those killing members of the group at the class trial.

Super Time Force Ultra is a 2D side-scrolling action game with excellent humor and a big list of characters to play as following action movie archetypes. The unique mechanic is that if you die, you can time travel back and spawn and play as a different character, fighting alongside the character you just played as, which repeating all the same actions you previously did. If you save that character, by protecting them or killing the enemy that killed them before they are killed, then they become available to use again. So it can get understandably crazy by the end as you have 20+ versions of yourself fighting alongside each other.

Hatoful Boyfriend is a parody of an Otomo game (dating simulator) with one human among a school of sentient birds, it doesn't get more insane than that. Though the story in the final section of the game is surprisingly grim and gripping.

EDIT:

Did a little search:

Man I work for Best Buy, and I for the life of me couldn't tell you how they've managed to stay in business all these many years. We have a inventory system that would give a software engineer nightmares, because it gives our inventory control team nightmares. Best Buy has at least three separate inventory databases running, and no single one of them is ever accurate. It's not like any sane retailer where there is just one, or possibly two databases. Sane retailers have a redundant store level inventory database that reports back at set intervals to a district level or corporate level database.

Best Buy has no store level inventory database whatsoever! All of Best Buy's databases are located at the corporate headquarters and when data is changed in one database it can take up to three hours for the interlink systems at the corporate data center to update that change in the related databases, if ever, because the entire piece of crap system only works properly about 80% of the time. And back at the start of the summer corporate had a unspecified "incident" which we can only theorize as to what it was exactly, and they lost fifteen years of customer data! Yes, you read that right, they "lost" fifteen years of data. Everything from the beginning of the oldest active database in 1998 through early 2013, gone, wiped out, "unrecoverable".

We had a quarterly store meeting last month, mandatory attendance required. And they had a video to play with a message from the founder of the company. Well, those of us with business sense and thinking it's going to be something about what happened to ever so royally screw up the databases, or something pertaining to the chain wide store remodeling, or ever to do with the expansion of the subsidiary Pacific Home Store. No, that wasn't it at all. It was like a six minute video of the founder of the company doing a ride-a-long with a Geek Squad in-home services agent in Las Vegas, Neveda, discussing who their favorite rock bands are. Honest to God it is an embarrassment to work for the fools, but I haven't found another job comparable or better in the pay department yet.

And back at the start of the summer corporate had a unspecified "incident" which we can only theorize as to what it was exactly, and they lost fifteen years of customer data! Yes, you read that right, they "lost" fifteen years of data. Everything from the beginning of the oldest active database in 1998 through early 2013, gone, wiped out, "unrecoverable".
I've actually seen worse legacy systems in place than what you described prior to this but losing 15 years of customer data... :shock:

I don't know how anyone kept their job after that one. That's impossible to put a price tag on.

Man I work for Best Buy, ..
That is great insight. I entered the database hardware field after my EE degree(s) and know all too well the cost of infrastructure overhaul is not something investors would like, but from what you described it is long past due, especially if they still wish to survive in the future.

Well, no use of us worrying I guess, I will now save all my Best Buy order confirmation emails. I like to have a clean inbox, so without ever anticipating such incompetence in the basic infrastructure, I deleted all those (non-glitched) order/shipping notices.

Luckily my fate order just came back in my open orders just now, I promptly saved a screenshot and took down my order number.

EDIT:

Just to add a little to the discussion, I worked closely with Amazon data scientists on several occasions. And their database backbone is "gorgeous". Without official confirmation, I am somewhat convinced that everybody has a "Amazon credit score" in their database, which carefully tracks purchases/returns/complains/refunds to promptly weed out abusive customers.

That is great insight. I entered the database hardware field after my EE degree(s) and know all too well the cost of infrastructure overhaul is not something investors would like, but from what you described it is long past due, especially if they still wish to survive in the future.

Well, no use of us worrying I guess, I will now save all my Best Buy order confirmation emails. I like to have a clean inbox, so without ever anticipating such incompetence in the basic infrastructure, I deleted all those (non-glitched) order/shipping notices.

Luckily my fate order just came back in my open orders just now, I promptly saved a screenshot and took down my order number.

EDIT:

Just to add a little to the discussion, I worked closely with Amazon data scientists on several occasions. And their database backbone is "gorgeous". Without official confirmation, I am somewhat convinced that everybody has a "Amazon credit score" in their database, which carefully tracks purchases/returns/complains/refunds to promptly weed out abusive customers.
Extremely envious of that. I've had access to some very capable individuals but nothing on that scale.

On a Vita note, I fired up my slim and put my screen protector on it. I miss the OLED but the slim is pretty nice in it's own regard.

On a Vita note, I fired up my slim and put my screen protector on it. I miss the OLED but the slim is pretty nice in it's own regard.
I agree, as I did miss the OLED when I first switched over to the "slim", but the 2000 is really nice on it's own(just not OLED nice). Plus, the OLED is the only thing I miss from the 1000, as the 2000 is improved in every other way, IMO.

Since it has been brought up:

I really failed to enjoy The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, I'm typically really open-minded to all kinds of Vita games, but the setting was not appealing to me, and I did not enjoy the game play at all. I quit after fifteen minutes, something I seldom do for Vita games. Is there some kind of mindset I should take on in order to enjoy it?

Since it has been brought up:
I really failed to enjoy The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, I'm typically really open-minded to all kinds of Vita games, but the setting was not appealing to me, and I did not enjoy the game play at all. I quit after fifteen minutes, something I seldom do for Vita games. Is there some kind of mindset I should take on in order to enjoy it?
Its essentially a randomized dungeon shooter i like it. The enemies dark humor and graphics are all well done.

It's kind of a gross game honestly. You just have to have an open mind cause the themes themselves are a bit dark. I don't enjoy the setting either, but I find the gameplay to be challenging and fun. The story really doesn't matter much IMHO.

Another thing to note is the Vita version of Binding of Isaac:Rebirth wont ever get the Afterbirth expansion, which adds a bit on the PC, and i'm not really sure of the status of the PS4 version. Also the dark areas are hard on my eyes on the 
Vita version on my old vita. There is also some slowdown, so I don't recommend you play that version.

The Binding of Isaac is probably in my top 20 games of all time.  I pretty much play it almost every day.  I still want that platinum.

I bought Hue when it was released with a discount on PS4 for Plus since it was going to be cross buy.

The game was finally released on vita today and it is wonderful on the platform.

It plays great. High recommend it when it is on sale again in the future. 412MB download.

I've played altogether too much Binding of Isaac.  It's a game designed to be played time after time, the game gets longer and more complex the more you play it.  As you learn what items do, how enemies act, and how the random dungeon builds itself you can just lose yourself in the rhythm of the game.  The beginning really is the worst though, where they throw you in and you have no idea what's going on.  If you really want to see what the game can do when it gets going, you could look up one or two someone like Northerlion's let's plays.  There are thousands on youtube.

If it's just about the aesthetic though, nothing to do about that.  Isaac is fucked up.

bread's done
Back