PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Is LRG bringing Salt and Sanctuary physical form on Vita?? Wish they would also bring Brandish 1 and 2 PSP for release on Vita. If next year is to be Vita's swansong year, make it great. Have a feeling with all the press Nintendo Switch is creating, might tempt NISA, LRG, Gust, IdeaFactory and others to concentrate on publishing obscure japanese titles to switch.

It may actually matter to the owners. There are some people (and LRG is in super ultra North Carolina) that wouldn't publish games like this based on their own values.

I should probably just ask in the LRG thread.
The LRG are fellows gamers, and business men. Not sure what they're personal "values" may be, and even so will they put their personal values before a legitimate business opportunity. Considering they've already announced VN's from Sekai Project which also contain, shall we say, "content" my guess is that they're not bothered by what you're implying.

Even without ESRB, there is no chance of Sony allowing hentai on the system.
Not necessarily so. There is a double standard between what Sony allows content wise in games in Japan versus the rest of the planet. The Muve Luv team addressed this in one of their recent backer updates and made it clear they were planning to negotiate with Sony for the ability to release the uncut Muv Luv Trilogy on the Vita. So there is a chance, wether or not LRG cares to involve themselves in trying to do this is a whole other story.

I am very VERY leary of kickstarter as I have been burned by the few things i have backed. So lets pretend they will meet the vita goal before it ends, I have to ask, what would be the most inexpensive way to get a physical vita copy? I cant really make sense of it.
$40 (+ S&H) for the "Let's Get Physical" pledge tier.

Is LRG bringing Salt and Sanctuary physical form on Vita?? Wish they would also bring Brandish 1 and 2 PSP for release on Vita. If next year is to be Vita's swansong year, make it great. Have a feeling with all the press Nintendo Switch is creating, might tempt NISA, LRG, Gust, IdeaFactory and others to concentrate on publishing obscure japanese titles to switch.
Yes, LRG confirmed at PlayStation Experience last week that they will be publishing Salt and Sanctuary sometime in 2017.

One problem with the Switch is Nintendo, and Nintendo's lousy attitude towards publisher's wanting to release "M' rated titles on their systems. That alone will have many publisher's, especially NISA and Idea Factory, playing a wait and see game before they jump in to development on anything for the Switch. Both Idea Factory and NISA are doubtless aware that they have an established growing consumer base in the PS Vita both domestically (Japan) and abroad, and are keeping in mind Sony's claimed commitment to the ten year lifecycle of all PlayStation platforms which would mean Vita will still be an in production system for another five years. It takes quite a bit of financial commitment to jump into developing for a new, unproven, system, such as the Switch, and can be especially risky to release a game during a system's first year when ownership is generally rather low.

Does Toys R Us carry Vita games anymore? I'm considering a trip to one on the way home from work, but I don't want to waste gas if there's nothing left to buy there.

Does Toys R Us carry Vita games anymore? I'm considering a trip to one on the way home from work, but I don't want to waste gas if there's nothing left to buy there.
They offer them online, so I'm sure it's a YMMV kind of situation at the store level. My local stores across the board(target, BB, Walmart, etc) hardly ever have Vita games, while others on here post stores in their areas do.

When inventory gets low, some times corporate will consolidate to certain stores in certain areas, and what not. Since Vita games are often in the clearance bins, it's always good to check if your in the area, as you never know what deals can be found, but I wouldn't take a trip across town on the gamble normally.

The LRG are fellows gamers, and business men. Not sure what they're personal "values" may be, and even so will they put their personal values before a legitimate business opportunity. Considering they've already announced VN's from Sekai Project which also contain, shall we say, "content" my guess is that they're not bothered by what you're implying.
The VNs from Sekai Project that will be ported to Vita will be the All Ages/Consumer Version. The 18+ are strictly for PC.

As for the case with Muv Luv, all the team said was they were pushing for the violent content. The sexy 18+ stuff is impossible for the Vita due to the obvious restrictions. Degica might be able to convince Sony to be lenient on the lesser sexy stuff but that is pretty much it.

Store by me has one copy of Spongebob Heropants and one copy of Lego Nindroids. Haven't seen any new releases there in quite some time
Instead of wasting gas to check out Toys R Us, I took part in the buy 2, get 1 free sale on preowned games for Pro members at GameStop where I got the first Toukiden complete as one of my $9.99 games. Preowned Vita titles were between $12.99 and $19.99 at that store, so I passed on those, but Toukiden is PSTV compatible so I thought it would be a good pickup.

I added 9 more Vita titles to my collection with todays b2g1 at gamestop.

Farming Simulator 16

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

Batman: AA Blackgate

Lego:

Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

Marvel Superheroes

Batman 3

Avengers

And now I'm officially at 100 titles!!

Vita technically isn't considered last gen, since last gen handheld for Sony is the PSP, so going to lean towards it being a no go, especially if they specifically mention the qualifying consoles for the sale.  Only reason PSP isn't listed is because they don't carry the games anymore.

Vita technically isn't considered last gen, since last gen handheld for Sony is the PSP, so going to lean towards it being a no go, especially if they specifically mention the qualifying consoles for the sale. Only reason PSP isn't listed is because they don't carry the games anymore.
Only a select GS carry PSP stuff

Hmmmm, can't seem to get it to work with me.

I already bought it awhile back, so not sure if that has any impact on it, though I'm not sure why it would.

Just wanted to see if it was working anyways, so not too heartbroken. XD

Hmmmm, can't seem to get it to work with me.

I already bought it awhile back, so not sure if that has any impact on it, though I'm not sure why it would.

Just wanted to see if it was working anyways, so not too heartbroken. XD
If you already bought it before, you can't get the discount. It's a one time thing. :(

There was this that I saw earlier. He says to watch for an announcement on his Twitter tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/808082837756932096

I'd say the odds are very slim they can deliver physical releases for 2 consoles with a $30,000 goal.
I don't think it'll be an issue if they have already talked to LRG about it since it's just PS4 & Vita for the physical side. The combat designer and head of art direction on the game is the same dude that made Mecho Wars & Desert Ashes. So I don't have any doubt these guys can actually make this happen.

The big question for me is, do I want the game. It's not enough that a game be for vita that I buy it, I gotta want it... and I don't think I actually like the idea of the gameplay for this one. So an easy pass.

Shiren and the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate $19.99 @ Amazon.com

I feel compelled to buy at this price.

There was this that I saw earlier. He says to watch for an announcement on his Twitter tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/808082837756932096
reading over the tiers, and the comments from the devs, this one is actually a pretty good deal for physical. the physical tier also gets the digital deluxe edition, and you can choose a different platform for the digital. ps4/vita will be crossbuy digitally. you can do steam key and get a vita cart, for example. pretty good for $40

I noticed that Exist Archive is even cheaper as import, $16 shipped at the moment...  It's in Japanese and the cover looks different.  Question though, does the Japanese version has English sub?  Oh man, I might just buy the import, it has a separate trophy list O.O.

Edit - I grabbed the only NEW copy for $9.99 import (shipped!), don't care about subs, hahaha, planning to get the English version anyway.

I noticed that Exist Archive is even cheaper as import, $16 shipped at the moment... It's in Japanese and the cover looks different. Question though, does the Japanese version has English sub? Oh man, I might just buy the import, it has a separate trophy list O.O.

Edit - I grabbed the only NEW copy for $9.99 import (shipped!), don't care about subs, hahaha, planning to get the English version anyway.
It is extremely rare for the JPN version to have subs. Like 1/10

Well if you didn't see the individual threads yet,

Amazon has Exist Archive, Shiren, and others for $20 for Vita.

Trillion God of Destruction $19 (Prime Only) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017GY06JM

Sword Art Lost Song $20 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X8XWBDK
Trillion was almost as low as $10 for the longest time on Amazon awhile back, and it was circling around the $12 mark for months, so just for future reference that anything over $15 is a terrible deal. ;D

Exist-Archive I'll probably pick up though since I have a $20 GC to burn anyways.

Rawr!

Anyone know if Shatae: Risky Beats is actually coming out next week? The date keeps changing and I just got an email that it is now scheduled for released on the 20th.

Anyone know if Shatae: Risky Beats is actually coming out next week? The date keeps changing and I just got an email that it is now scheduled for released on the 20th.
It was announced on the Kickstarter last week that it would be the 20th for retail (minus the Wii U version, which is a week later), but Amazon still had it noted that it would ship this week, so that's where the confusion was on Amazon's part.

There hadn't been an official date announced up to that point, so Amazon just sort of popped one in for the heck of it I guess.

bread's done
Back