PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Trillion is pretty bad. Shiren is well worth $20 and some say Exist is good too.
I bought it for like $13 in awhile ago, have yet to play the game. I honestly only bought it due to the price, but the game doesn't sound very fun. Also glad to hear Shantae is actually coming out next week, pretty excited to play it.

I noticed some of the Amazon prices last night.  This morning I finished figuring out what I wanted to order and grabbed Exist Archive, Shiren, & AirshipQ (fulfilled by Amazon) for the Vita.

BTW:

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies on Amazon is currently on a trickle/micro price drop like games did this time last year.  It's dropped about $1.60 in the last day.   Is the multiplayer in it local only or online too?  Seems like I'd never find anyone to play that one locally and it seems like a good portion of content multiplayer only.

it has both local and online. you can solo the online stuff if you have to.
Thank you for the rapid fire response. What I was reading in the reviews on Amazon made it sound like it was local only. Ok, now I just gotta keep an eagle on the micro drop. Hopefully it bottoms out around $20 (though lower would be better too).

Started manually adding rough estimated Gamestop store inventory numbers to my Vita sheet for anyone interested. It is calculated by taking a sample of 230 stores across 30 major US cities, I then applying that data to all 4434 stores and finally take an average between the low and high range. Be patient as I have to do it manually and each query takes 7-10 secs to get a number back currently. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1401032774

Started manually adding rough estimated Gamestop store inventory numbers to my Vita sheet for anyone interested. It is calculated by taking a sample of 230 stores across 30 major US cities, I then applying that data to all 4434 stores and finally take an average between the low and high range. Be patient as I have to do it manually and each query takes 7-10 secs to get a number back currently.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1401032774
this is really cool, thanks!

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (December)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (12/16)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (12/20)

- 2017 -
A Rose in the Twilight (2nd Quarter)
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea: Limited Edition (1/17)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (TBA)
Fallen Legion (TBA)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (1/10)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
God Wars: Future Past (TBA)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (2nd Quarter)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (Mid-Year)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (2nd Quarter)
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ (2nd Quarter)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (January)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (March)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The Nonary Games (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Nothing announced.

- Atlus -
Nothing announced.

- Idea Factory -
Stay Tuned, nothing else until 2017.

- Limited Run Games -
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
Limited Physical Edition - On Sale Release Date
- $24.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-31-lone-survivor-vita
- Release Date: TBA December 2016

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
Limited Physical Edition - On Sale Release Date
- $29.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-29-oddworld-strangers-wrath-hd-vita
- Release Date: December 16th, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. EST (GMT -5)

- Marvelous! / XSeed Games -
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
Noble Phantasm Edition - Available
- $59.99
- https://www.amazon.com/Fate-EXTELLA-Umbral-Noble-Phantasm-PlayStation/dp/B01LYRGKKG/
- Release Date: January 10th, 2017

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Risky Beats (Limited Physical Edition) - Available
- $29.99
- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018F6NSP4/
- Release Date: December 20th, 2016

- NIS -
A Rose in the Twilight
Limited Edition - Less than 75% remaining.
- $39.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/rose-in-the-twilight-limited-edition
- Release Date: Spring 2017

Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
Limited Physical Edition - Less than 10% remaining!!
- $54.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/atelier-shallie-plus-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sea-limited-edition
- Release Date: January 17th, 2017

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Limited Edition - Less than 50% remaining!!
- $79.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: TBA 2017

God Wars: Future Past
Limited Edition - Less than 100% remaining.
- $74.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/god-wars-future-past-limited-edition
- Release Date: 2nd Quarter 2017

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy
Limited Edition - Less than 75% remaining.
- $59.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/operation-babel-new-tokyo-legacy-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: Spring 2017

- KickStarter Offerings -

- Koji Igarashi -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- $60.00 + S&H (FULLY FUNDED! Still available to preorder!)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Collector's Box
- $250.00 + S&H
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/
- Targeted Release Date: March 2018

- Tokyo Otaku Mode / Frontwing -
Sharin no Kuni ~ The Girl Among the Sunflowers ~
- Campaing began November 21st, 2016, and ends on December 21st, 2016.
- Vita Physical Stretch Goal: $120,000
- $40.00 & Up + S&H (Once stretch goal is met.)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project
- Targeted Release Date: October 2017

- Arcade Distillery -
Plague Road
- Campaing began November 27th, 2016, and ends December 27th, 2016.
- Vita Physical Stretch Goal: $30,000
- $40.00 & Up + S&H (Once campaign goal is met.)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadedistillery/plague-road-a-roguelike-turn-based-strategy-game
- Targeted Release Date: October 2017

- Deals Report - :hot:
Ever shrinking list of available deals. Once they're gone, they tend to stay gone.

AksysGames.com
http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/playstation-vita
___ SALE ___
$14.99 - BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
$14.99 - XBlaze Code: Embryo
-
$19.99 - Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
$19.99 - Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!
$19.99 - BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
$19.99 - Mind Zero
$19.99 - Muramasa Rebirth
$19.99 - Norn9: Var Commons
$19.99 - Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
$19.99 - Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
-
$39.99 - Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate: Eternal Wanderer Edition

Amazon.com
$ 9.50 - Lego: Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey
-
$10.49 - Army Corps of Hell
-
$11.75 - Lego: Ninjago: Nindroids
$11.90 - Angry Birds: Star Wars
$11.99 - Lego: Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
-
$12.00 - FIFA Soccer 13
$12.96 - Lego: Harry Potter: Years 5 - 7
-
$13.19 - Lumines: Electronic Symphony
$13.99 - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
-
$14.44 - Lego: The Lord of the Rings
$14.99 - Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate
$14.99 - BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
-
$15.00 - The Wolf Among Us
$15.55 - Freedom Wars
$15.68 - Lego: Jurassic World
-
$16.99 - Lego: Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin
-
$17.28 - Terraria
$17.49 - Child of Light
$17.79 - Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed: Bonus Edition
-
$18.95 - Rayman Origins
$18.95 - Spongebob Hero Pants
$18.99 - Trillion: God of Destruction
-
$19.34 - Zero Escape: Volume 2: Virtue's Last Reward
$19.99 - Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
$19.99 - Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
-
$20.49 - Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
$20.89 - Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
-
$21.17 - BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
$21.42 - Muramasa Rebirth
-
$22.22 - Steins;Gate
-
$23.69 - Deception IV: Blood Ties

GameStop.com
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/games/ps-vita?nav=2b12,28xp0,13ffff2418-1af-4f
___ "New" items only! ___
$10.97 - Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Starter Pack
-
$19.99 - Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
$19.99 - Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
$19.99 - Sword Art Online: Lost Song
-
$21.97 - Corpse Party: Blood Drive
$21.97 - Superbeat: XONiC
-
$29.99 - Senran Kagura: Estival Versus: Endless Summer Edition

Play-Asia.com
http://www.play-asia.com/
___ SALE ___
$19.99 - MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (R1 Release)
-
$21.99 - SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (R1 Release)
-
$29.99 - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (R1 Release)
-
$34.99 - Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (R2/EU release)

WalMart.com
https://www.walmart.com/browse/playstation-tv-vita/playstation-vita-games/2636_1091824_1225015?sort=price_low
___ CLEARANCE and/or SALE ___
$ 9.50 - Lego: Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey
-
$11.90 - Angry Birds: Star Wars
-
$12.12 - Lego: Ninjago: Nindroids
$11.99 - Lego: Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
$12.98 - Lego: Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril
-
$13.99 - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
-
$14.44 - Lego: The Lord of the Rings
$14.99 - Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate
-
$15.00 - Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
$15.75 - Lego: Jurassic World
-
$16.99 - Lego: Marvel Avengers
$16.99 - Lego: Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin
-
$17.28 - Terraria
$17.79 - Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed: Bonus Edition
-
$18.35 - Mortal Kombat
$18.95 - Rayman Origins
$18.99 - Trillion: God of Destruction
-
$19.95 - Child of Light
$19.98 - Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space
$19.99 - Sword Art Online: Lost Song
$19.99 - Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition
-
$20.25 - Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
-
$21.79 - Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection

Mmm im kinda tempted to go to my local GS and try to pick up Disney infinity. Honestly don't think I'll ever play it but $10 ain't bad for the complete set if any stores actually still have it complete

WoFF for $25 is a solid deal.

Exist Archive... didn't stop at $19.99 on Amazon, it's micro dropping in price still and $19.82 ... no wait 19.78 currently.  Maybe keep an eye on it and wait for the price drop to stop and go up a penny before biting.  The worst thing I read about the game was the load times when going into battle are 3 to 4 seconds long because of some battle animation sequence or something.  Most Amazon customers seemed to love the actual game despite the one main issue.  The PS4 and other versions seem to have a host of other worse issues.

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies appears to be out of stock with Amazon so they bumped the price back up to $29.99.

I wouldn't even mind these digital only releases, if the Vita Memory cards where priced better and offered in larger sizes. These JACKASSES keep offering these digital games that I literally have no room to get even if I wanted to.

One thing is a complete contradiction of the other. The PS4 has physical, but you can get as much memory there as you want, same for the ONE. But the Vita, where your options are limited in regards to memory size, they offer digital ONLY, how fuck ing stupid is that?

The Vita should always have a physical releases just based on this situation alone. I swear these companies defy all rational thought when it comes to the Vita. I'll be passing on this unless there is an English ASIA version at some point.

It's not that simple. Vita is at the end of its lifespan outside of Asia, and Valkrya could have easily not made it here at all. Would you rather the game have released on PS4 and X1 only? Remember that Sony stores don't even sell Vita accessories anymore. Now, I have to decide whether to get this on Vita or X1, both of which sorely need the support.

It's not that simple. Vita is at the end of its lifespan outside of Asia, and Valkrya could have easily not made it here at all. Would you rather the game have released on PS4 and X1 only? Remember that Sony stores don't even sell Vita accessories anymore. Now, I have to decide whether to get this on Vita or X1, both of which sorely need the support.
Having it brought over is a given, as of course that is better than nothing, as I often get digital only when and where it isn't offered in any other way.

In this situation, I don't have a next gen system, and I don't have room for this on my Vita, and I wound't but it anyway, when it is offered physical on other systems. Yeah, loosing my sale isn't a big deal either way I'm sure, but it sucks, as digital on the Vita is just about the worse place to ever have to get something digital for the reasons I gave.

Buy a 64gb card and manage the memory on it. You don't need every game you own downloaded and installed at once. Why is that so hard for people especially when they'll drop $90+ on three blind boxes from LRG for random mostly crap games that were leftovers? There's a solid market for resell of a physical memory card as there are for some of these random quality physical games.

I'm all for physical games. I love that there are companies still managing to release games on the Vita physically. But look at the market for regular new retail releases. That is true region 1 games with actual ESRB ratings on the front and actually being produced in high quantity (to actually make a profit) and sold by Amazon and GS. The market has been shrinking for a while and a lot of the new release games have had quite drastic price cuts and sales already. World of FF is a month and a half old and already with a drastic sale on Amazon for the vita version. The PS4 version is still full price. I think this is a sign of things to come. As regular retail releases stop making money, more companies are just going to go digital because there just isn't a user base willing to support it for regular new releases.

So, the Risky Beats edition is Amazon exclusive? Or all of the first prints are like that (you know, come with the music CD)?
All are like that.

I only have a 16GB and I seem to manage fine. Just put a few PS1 games, some PSP titles, whatever PSN games I have (usually PS+ titles), and delete them after I finish. If I really want to play it, just re-download it. The only extreme example of never being able to re-download your stuff is P.T. afaik.

Buy a 64gb card and manage the memory on it. You don't need every game you own downloaded and installed at once. Why is that so hard for people especially when they'll drop $90+ on three blind boxes from LRG for random mostly crap games that were leftovers? There's a solid market for resell of a physical memory card as there are for some of these random quality physical games.
Yeah, thanks for the advice, I never thought of that(NOT)!

I have a 64 memory card already, and the Memory Manager by Sony does not function on my PC, so shuffling games around is not an option. Yeah, I can delete titles, and re-download later, but why not just buy a PS4 and buy physical there? That's an option as well, a several hundred dollar one, but what the hell, it's an option right?

There are always alternatives to any situation, I have an issue with the way things like this are handled. You don't, so that's great. I do, so I spoke my frustrations.

BTW, What the hell does buying 3 blind boxes have to do with a game not being released physically? I have also sold everyone of my Vita memory cards to buy the next largest size. I will also sale the blind box games I personally bought, once again, what does that have to do with a game being digital only, and me voicing my opinion on why I wouldn't be buying it?

Is woFF worth it at 25 or should I wait? My backlog just grew from Shiren.
I think the sweet spot for Vita games is $20. Usually games drop to that amount but once it does, I no longer expect anything lower. I bought WoFF for full price along with some other recent releases, but I learned my lesson.

WTF is a Sony Store

really? That's the argument for having a 16 gb memory card. lol

got it for 40 day 1 never played it more then 20 mins

UGH, I opened my preordered Amazon copy to redeem the Day-One DLC and still haven't started it. :wall:

Is woFF worth it at 25 or should I wait? My backlog just grew from Shiren.
already 20 hours in. This game is a very nice combination of classic FF and Pokemon with FF-themed monsters. And it's cute and gorgeous as hell, prob my favorite ps vita game of ALL TIME.

I'm almost 50 hours in WoFF and working on the True Ending. I never played any Pokemon before but really loving this game. Runs great on the Vita with gorgeous visuals/vibrant colors. Tons of content, and capturing new monsters means you always feel progression of leveling new monsters, but at the same time retain continuous growth since your trainers level up as well.

If the Vita could get one or more games of this caliber next year I will be very happy.

*I bought full price (PRIME) to ensure a day one Japanese VA DLC. The Japanese voices are splendidly done (I think I recognize some but haven't looked up the VA list yet), I don't know about the quality of the English VA.

[On the topic of digital]

I honestly don't know how you guys manage your backlog if you often circle back to games you have already beaten. I am having a (very) hard time to get through my library when I never backtrack to finished games.

Odd question but would the included DLC of the Day One Edition work for both versions? Or is the code unique to the platform?

I already bought the PS4 version but I kind of want the Vita version too 😰. Being able to get a used copy instead would be great but I want the DLC.

The only extreme example of never being able to re-download your stuff is P.T. afaik.
Far from it. Lots of games have been deleted, not just delisted, from digital storefronts. On the Vita itself, all the Playstation Mobile games are gone and cannot be re-downloaded. Sony's not going to spend money keeping Vita Games/DLC online indefinitely for the small amount of people who still use the system. That's one reason physical releases are so important.

Far from it. Lots of games have been deleted, not just delisted, from digital storefronts. On the Vita itself, all the Playstation Mobile games are gone and cannot be re-downloaded. Sony's not going to spend money keeping Vita Games/DLC online indefinitely for the small amount of people who still use the system. That's one reason physical releases are so important.
Yeah, this is the EXACT reason why I try not to remove or delete titles from my memory card, as I have no idea when or where they may be long gone. I have many PS Mobile games, and I try my best to keep my card from even getting corrupted(which means don't attach the Vita to any other sources like PC/PS3), as once anything happens, those purchases are gone FOREVER.

It's sucks I've got to go that route, but considering how well Sony has done in the past for the Mobile market, I really have no long term faith in PSN titles either.

I must be the only one bored with WoFF. I'm about 16 hours in, on chapter 18, and it's become a chore. The environments, while attractive, are pretty empty. The writing is god awful, and I fast-forward through both the cutscenes (though I still read the text quickly as I fast-forward) and the battles. There's no incentive for switching Mirages since you can add can moves your characters and/or your Mirages otherwise don't obtain via the Blank Spaces, and the FF cameos are disappointing. I just want the game to be over, to be honest. I love the music though.

Outside of the PSM games which weren't sold on PSN but had their own store... what PSN content has been deleted from not just the storefront but our purchase histories? There's the free PT DEMO and a PS4 digital only game that was so bad and sold so few copies the developer refunded all of the people that bought it and had it deleted. That's it. In the 10+ year history one demo and one garbage game (which you can consider that a legit recall as all purchasers were refunded) have been deleted from PSN.

The mobile phone market for gaming though is completely different. The PS Mobile store was a tiny microcosm of what was availabe on IOS and Android and it completely failed. Even so, games are regularly disappearing from the mobile market on iOS and Android and even from purchase histories and those are thriving stores. There is no buyer protection with mobile games and I wish people would stop comparing the markets. Customers are often screwed out of legit purchases on those markets which is why it's such a gamble to buy games on them.

Still, if you are under the fear that PSN will drop PSVita... remember the 10 year history that is still up and running on the store. There are plenty of PSP games that aren't directly compatible with PSVita that I would think would disappear first. As is, they've done a great job of keeping everything up.

As for other stores... none of what has happened with other services has anything to do with the PSN Store.

bread's done
Back