PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why he would have to be dense lol! They normally price match if you make as submission on the product page
You said you bought the Lionheart Edition already--Amazon Customer Service officially isn't supposed to issue post-purchase partial refunds if the price drops.

Oh I realize what you're saying. They won't reimburse me, and everytime I ask for a price adjustment, they just have me reorder and send them my old one as a return. Some naysayers will say that looks bad on my account, but I spend such rediculous amounts of money on Amazon that there is no way they would want to lose my family and me as customers.

Oh I realize what you're saying. They won't reimburse me, and everytime I ask for a price adjustment, they just have me reorder and send them my old one as a return. Some naysayers will say that looks bad on my account, but I spend such rediculous amounts of money on Amazon that there is no way they would want to lose my family and me as customers.
You're entitled, right?

I don't know why he would have to be dense lol! They normally price match if you make as submission on the product page
Amazon stopped doing post partial refunds a year or so ago

And yes. Even though you and family spend so much money at Amazon, they're not afraid to cut you off. They don't really care.

An entitlement argument... Hmm I'm not going to dignify that comment with a response. But as for Olengie with a constructive comment, maybe they aren't afraid to cut people off. I haven't gotten a warning email yet, as others have, so I would say that I must not do as many returns as they are. I probably only do like 1 or 2 every 6 months or so. Around Christmas is probably when we do the most returns, but surely they realize that the time of year, in and of itself, is the reason for the influx of returns.

Somehow I am really struggling with FATE/EXTELLA, I think I might be playing it wrong...?

The game runs great on the Vita, very pretty and smooth even in intense action scenes. I think it performs better than VD, which (I think) is slower paced than EXTELLA. 

But I kept loosing because of enemy takeovers. I prioritize eliminating plants as soon as they appear, and try to help defend against invasions. But traveling through the big maps to rescue my generals takes away my time to actually take over enemy regions. And if I prioritize taking over regions marked as objectives, my own regions kept getting invaded.

I usually match the recommended level for NORMAL difficulty, but there might be some grinding necessary as early as the second/third map? This doesn't sound right for a MUSOU game.

glad I don't buy digital.
Me too. I'd love for them to just let you buy physical, install it on the system, & take the game out and put it on the shelf until needed again. Simply have it tied to your account in a manner so as you could play it anywhere on any system all while still retaining a hard copy & not having to switch disc or carts. Is gamestop really fighting this that hard? I know digital only would destroy them but at least this would still allow them to sell new physical copies.

Somehow I am really struggling with FATE/EXTELLA, I think I might be playing it wrong...?

The game runs great on the Vita, very pretty and smooth even in intense action scenes. I think it performs better than VD, which (I think) is slower paced than EXTELLA.

But I kept loosing because of enemy takeovers. I prioritize eliminating plants as soon as they appear, and try to help defend against invasions. But traveling through the big maps to rescue my generals takes away my time to actually take over enemy regions. And if I prioritize taking over regions marked as objectives, my own regions kept getting invaded.

I usually match the recommended level for NORMAL difficulty, but there might be some grinding necessary as early as the second/third map? This doesn't sound right for a MUSOU game.
From what I've seen it's just a lot more difficult than a typical musou. Very aggressive enemy AI towards taking over bases.

Me too. I'd love for them to just let you buy physical, install it on the system, & take the game out and put it on the shelf until needed again. Simply have it tied to your account in a manner so as you could play it anywhere on any system all while still retaining a hard copy & not having to switch disc or carts. Is gamestop really fighting this that hard? I know digital only would destroy them but at least this would still allow them to sell new physical copies.
What stops you from then giving that disc to 8-12 of your best friends who can also install the disc to their system and tie it to their account?

What stops you from then giving that disc to 8-12 of your best friends who can also install the disc to their system and tie it to their account?
Probably a deactivation system. GameStop would require the game to be deactivated before they would purchase it. And it would need to be deactivated for a different user to install it. Something similar to Microsoft's original plans for the XBOX 1.

Required internet is not what physical buyers want. That makes their "investment" just as worthless when the servers shut down, which is one of the major issues people bring up about digital.

Yes, that's how this works. Buying from LRG is a game all unto itself.
I managed to get a copy, but I really feel like they underestimated demand this time. I think another thousand copies would have easily sold. Maybe they held more for the afternoon batch than they usually do, but regardless, it went super quick considering it's not really a high profile game like Oddworld or Shantae.

I think the quantity probably would have been fine had they accounted for extra copies for the soundtrack bundles.

It seems silly to always have such a large quantity of game only copies being held up by people who may not want to buy the soundtrack too.

That is one thing that I hope they start accounting for on their future releases.

It's not like the quantities were that high to begin with, so taking approximately 20% of that stock for that is just silly.

I got in, and got my order for a copy confirmed. Aqua Kitty for the PS4 and Vita. I was waiting patiently for the sale to activate, so I was prepared this time. Whenever I'm prepared I am usually able to get my order in. I've missed out on a few of the titles, but it was usually my own fault, because I had something else going on. It's Limited Runs by its very nature, and scrambling for a copy is part of the excitement surrounding the whole experience.

It's an LRG thread tradition. Sometimes I want to complain even when I do get a copy, just because.
"LRG is garbage. I was able to get all of the copies I wanted, and checked out so easily without any issues. Why don't they decrease their quantities, and make it harder for me to get a copy of the game. BASTARDS!"

20 minutes for the first batch doesn't seem like it was flying off the shelves. Stranger's Wrath had 3 times as many copies and sold faster. I know it's a bit apples and oranges, but I think the next batch is going to hang around a bit (knock on wood).

Note: I could have but did not get this game, no interest in Defender clones.

20 minutes for the first batch doesn't seem like it was flying off the shelves. Stranger's Wrath had 3 times as many copies and sold faster. I know it's a bit apples and oranges, but I think the next batch is going to hang around a bit (knock on wood).

Note: I could have but did not get this game, no interest in Defender clones.
It was gone within 3 minutes for Aqua Kitty DX. It was mainly just the lingering items in the carts that were holding inventory up after that.

Oxenfree lasted a bit longer though.

"LRG is garbage. I was able to get all of the copies I wanted, and checked out so easily without any issues. Why don't they decrease their quantities, and make it harder for me to get a copy of the game. BASTARDS!"
I've gotten every release I wanted and I still don't like what they do. This isn't for collectors. If they don't lower the swapper to 1 per person it's an absolute joke

They probably will after the first batch if it sells out super quickly. :D
Should just do it from the start. Non-scalpers should tweet them on that one. Adding that and curses and chaos without an add all vita option will be impossible.

Also who is ready to pay that sweet $30 for proteus, ultratron, and/or Titan Attacks in the next coming weeks? Eventually all curve digital games are coming despite being free on plus and really small downloads

I finally got started last night on sorting through my game collections, figuring out what I want to keep and play, and what I want to just sell off because I'm either not that interested, done with it, or own it digitally. My main progress was with my Vita games. 67 games with all stickers removed (if they had any), put in a list with what each one comes with, and ready for pricing. Probably 50% or more are still sealed & new (all are complete). I'm currently keeping 10 games. But before I start selling I'm going to play the games I plan to keep at least a little bit because if anything doesn't seem fun I want to get rid of it with the others rather than have to sell them off later. I also might change my mind about a game I'm selling... so it'll be nice having a little gap time before pulling the trigger.

It's going to be a long road to get through all the systems I've collected for... but I'm kind of excited to do the work and get this all behind me. Hopefully others will get to round out their collections... and I'll have a collection more tuned to what I truly love about gaming.

Well it's gone, and people are pissed. Lol. Go figure.
I'm glad I sat this one out.

I finally got started last night on sorting through my game collections, figuring out what I want to keep and play, and what I want to just sell off because I'm either not that interested, done with it, or own it digitally. My main progress was with my Vita games. 67 games with all stickers removed (if they had any), put in a list with what each one comes with, and ready for pricing. Probably 50% or more are still sealed & new (all are complete). I'm currently keeping 10 games. But before I start selling I'm going to play the games I plan to keep at least a little bit because if anything doesn't seem fun I want to get rid of it with the others rather than have to sell them off later. I also might change my mind about a game I'm selling... so it'll be nice having a little gap time before pulling the trigger.

It's going to be a long road to get through all the systems I've collected for... but I'm kind of excited to do the work and get this all behind me. Hopefully others will get to round out their collections... and I'll have a collection more tuned to what I truly love about gaming.

And what did you have for dinner?

Great blog post otherwise.

This isn't a bad idea. Honestly I've actually pretty much other than some VNs and some random other itch.io stuff or stuff from IndieRoyale....have a pretty reasonably accurate backlog list of all the Steam games I have on howlongtobeat.com and some of the GOG ones too and some of the physical. The Steam games i'm sure closely to reflect what I actually own on Steam. My backlog is insane and i'm pretty sure none of us are going to kill our backlogs anytime soon. Selling stuff you know you wont play while they are still worth something is always a positive. Now trading everything to Gamestop or something is not a postive, but most of us and are not as dumb to do that. I try to weigh out all the games I buy now (even with IG bundles) to hopefully play most of what I get and take on the backlog a bit at a time. I actually played some horrible Steam shooter (like kind of twinstick shooter) and after 20 minute I said this sucks and put it on my retired list category on Steam. So 1 out of 4000+ from the backlog, but i'm getting there.

I managed to get a copy, but I really feel like they underestimated demand this time. I think another thousand copies would have easily sold. Maybe they held more for the afternoon batch than they usually do, but regardless, it went super quick considering it's not really a high profile game like Oddworld or Shantae.
dat 2500 run yo

And what did you have for dinner?

Great blog post otherwise.
Pancakes. They were great.

I've been buying and collecting vita games with this group for about a year and a half. Many people here are pretty cool and have been a big help. I may have helped a little along the way too, guiding people to deals and giving feedback. Some collectors may be interested also when I do actually sell my vita games off. I mean my sealed copy of Breach and Clear (with both cards and sticker) will have to find a new home as well as everything else I'm selling. Maybe you have no interest in adding to your collection... cool... I'll keep that in mind.

The backlog is insane and i'm pretty sure none of us are going to kill it all.
Your steam library is massive. Mine is I think between 600 and 700 games last I looked. I gave up indiegala and humble bundle (as well as bundle stars which I think I only did once) at the end of 2015 and have tried to avoid most of the regular steam sales since then (probably only spent $40 on steam games in all of 2016). I've got my wishlist over there down to about 10 to 15 games. Most of which I'm only biting on if they go 80% off or something substantial.

For the most part I can kind of ignore a digital library. My iOS library, last I looked, was over 3000 apps deep with the majority games and a large percent of those being regular premium games. In the last two years I've played almost none of them. I did install one of the Kemco RPG's because there was a 3DS Eshop sale on some kemco stuff... and thankfull I didn't like the game so I resisted spending anything.

Personally, I really enjoyed shopping and building my game collection (and building new collections as some of the old ones I've sold off completely). It's a great hobby that is just a lot of fun... but I just don't want to do that anymore. I want to just play some great games and have some great gaming experiences and let go of this desire to own everything interesting. There's just not enough time in life to enjoy all this stuff.

My backlog is insane and i'm pretty sure none of us are going to kill our backlogs anytime soon.
While this is very much true for me, I've made a commitment to myself to play at least 26 games (by alphabet) from my backlog this year (at least one every two weeks). I don't anticipate that I'll finish very many, but giving them two weeks will at least let me know if it's something I'll ever feel actually compelled to play.

It's too far gone for me to sell off much (mostly last gen or Steam), but at least my conscience will be clear. I'm glad that I picked a "no way I'll finish this game in two weeks" game for my "B" selection: Blue Dragon. As opposed to when I bought it, I now have experience with turn-based JRPGs and my kids like watching me play. Works well for "can't go outside - weather" winter days.

I've made a big commitment to myself to play more Overwatch, Magic Duels, Destiny (2), and Persona 5 ofc,  while 85% of the games I buy stay plastic wrapped and sitting on the shelves.   It's all about setting realistic goals you can achieve, and not setting yourself up for failure. 

I'm trying to play at least 3 new Steam games a week. Killing off this bundle fodder. Also when I buy a game on release I try to play it right away or soon after buying. I should use that website or something that selects a random game from my Steam library and I just play it. I'm tired of collecting myself. I'm missing out on too many games, such as the Batman games or others. I'm tired of just adding and adding and at least trying to play the better stuff and keeping myself entertained with the bundle fodder for at least a bit.

I posted this comparison in the Limited Run Games thread, thought I'd share it here too. Got my Asia version of Soldner X2 for the Vita a few days ago, the cover artwork is fantastic! Here are two comparison pics showing front and back covers of the Asia version (left) and U.S. LRG version (right):

pk0jwWb.jpg

4XVSOxh.jpg
Just ordered mine, so thanks for the heads-up. $30 shipped is a steal! PA says only 3000, so I am not sure if that is the print run or the remaining quantity. Either way, get on it!

;)

While this is very much true for me, I've made a commitment to myself to play at least 26 games (by alphabet) from my backlog this year (at least one every two weeks). I don't anticipate that I'll finish very many, but giving them two weeks will at least let me know if it's something I'll ever feel actually compelled to play.
That reminds me of the days of a 2 or 3 day rental for NES games. It made weeding through a system library easier since I owned nothing and had to play it because I paid money for the experience but had to turn it back in. Most games went back to the store never to be rented again... the best of the best ended up in my Christmas list or at least rented again. I think in my case owning so much with no time limit to actually play anything instills some complacency about even playing games. I have no clock pushing me to play... so the massive list just overwhelms me to the point sometimes that I just watch TV.

So I really like your idea. I really appreciate you sharing it as I think I could utilize it some once I do my initial weeding on my collection.

That reminds me of the days of a 2 or 3 day rental for NES games. It made weeding through a system library easier since I owned nothing and had to play it because I paid money for the experience but had to turn it back in. Most games went back to the store never to be rented again... the best of the best ended up in my Christmas list or at least rented again. I think in my case owning so much with no time limit to actually play anything instills some complacency about even playing games. I have no clock pushing me to play... so the massive list just overwhelms me to the point sometimes that I just watch TV.

So I really like your idea. I really appreciate you sharing it as I think I could utilize it some once I do my initial weeding on my collection.
I like this idea too. Right now if I play for 10 hours and the game hasn't hooked me, then to trade it goes. Time is precious and I don't have time for a bad game, or bad design decisions that obscure the best part of a game behind the first 25hrs.

I always knew he was a flipper, just waiting in the weeds.
he was a camper like me first sniping all those games.

It's too far gone for me to sell off much (mostly last gen or Steam), but at least my conscience will be clear. I'm glad that I picked a "no way I'll finish this game in two weeks" game for my "B" selection: Blue Dragon. As opposed to when I bought it, I now have experience with turn-based JRPGs and my kids like watching me play. Works well for "can't go outside - weather" winter days.
I wish I could do that but since I mostly play rpgs I'm lucky with the 13 or so titles I finish a year. Too bad I keep on finding sales and building the backlog back up every time I get near/under 100 D:

I'm trying to play at least 3 new Steam games a week. Killing off this bundle fodder. Also when I buy a game on release I try to play it right away or soon after buying. I should use that website or something that selects a random game from my Steam library and I just play it. I'm tired of collecting myself. I'm missing out on too many games, such as the Batman games or others. I'm tired of just adding and adding and at least trying to play the better stuff and keeping myself entertained with the bundle fodder for at least a bit.
backloggery? It's not that useful since they will delete your account if you are inactive. I just throw my games into a word pad then throw the list into a randomizer and let people vote on what I play next when I am not certain.

Same. Until I got a job in my teen years in the hayday of cheap ebay prices with often free shipping I had more time than games to play. Nowadays Its the reverse. Of course, my backlog didn't start really building up till a few years ago since I work so much anymore I don't have time to play games except on my days off once or twice a week. It doesn't help that I like you rather go on the internet or watch stuff than play games sometimes.

Granted I'm not as worse off as many of the people here are with my backlog being only a little over 100 games. I've started taking advice of a friend for quitting games I don't like instead of forcing myself to finish them. That and not being a completionist anymore otherwise I could spend years at a time on just achievements/trophies in a star ocean or disgaea game alone

This happened to me about 8 or 9 years ago. I sold off everything and only started to buy what I would play next and haven't really looked back since. I will still buy cheap stuff for the kids and classics I know I can pop in from time to time but I have 0 interest in a backlog that will only kill my interest in gaming.

bread's done
Back