PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I can tell they're trying to add "value" to Prime by making certain items exclusively available for Prime members only. But as you said, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why certain items are selected. For example, take Resident Evil: Revelations 2 on PS3 and Xbox One. It's available exclusively for Prime members. The PS4 and Xbox 360 versions however are still available to all.

Even stranger is the fact that these both became Prime exclusive only about a week or two ago. I hope this doesn't last, but since they started this program in April they've been adding more and more items to the "Prime exclusive" list, and show no signs of slowing down.

This doesn't actually affect me, as I do Prime, but it seems like Amazon is slowly getting worse and worse all the time.
I've noticed certain seasons of the simpsons are that way too. It really does seem completely random.

if anyone else wants to take a venture to their local targets for vita titles, PM me with what you find, im trying to collect some missing pieces and seems plenty of you guys are finding the ones i want!

willing to work out some kind of deal for shipping etc!

Not deal related, but with my big gorilla hands I never use my PS vita due to the nipples they like to call thumbsticks. 

But I think this is just what I need and maybe someone else will find this handy. Found it in the Auctions forum. Ordered a pair. 

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/333873-playstation-vita-accessory-xbox-one-thumbstick-grip-also-available-in-white/

Youtube review:  http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dti_TGan7bnQ%26amp%3Bfeature%3Dyoutu.be&pid=11970923

[attachment=16919:TqJwNYz.png]  [attachment=16920:H7gisMw.png]

As far as I can tell they're trying to add "value" to Prime by making certain items exclusively available for Prime members only. But as you said, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why certain items are selected. For example, take Resident Evil: Revelations 2 on PS3 and Xbox One. It's available exclusively for Prime members. The PS4 and Xbox 360 versions however are still available to all.

Even stranger is the fact that these both became Prime exclusive only about a week or two ago. I hope this doesn't last, but since they started this program in April they've been adding more and more items to the "Prime exclusive" list, and show no signs of slowing down.

This doesn't actually affect me, as I do Prime, but it seems like Amazon is slowly getting worse and worse all the time.
Wow...making RE Revelations 2 for two different systems a "prime exclusive" seems crazy. It's like they're going all Sam's Club or something. I mean, I'm a prime member, and that pisses ME off. I would think they'd worry about alienating shoppers and the general public as much as padding their paid membership ranks, but apparently not.

Isnt GCU 20% of all games you buy? Even those already on sale? That sounds miles better than what Amazon is trying to implement lol. It would be nice if Amazon just gave even 5% or 10% of non-prime price for anything you buy (in certain categories of course), so you'd always feel like you are getting a better deal. Instead it just sounds like random things are locked for prime members for no apparent reason at all.

I'm actually a prime member so I don't yet know HOW stupid this is, but it has sounded like a really weird experiment to me. I'm not sure if I will renew prime so I might find out just how bad it is in a couple months...
You're looking at Prime wrong. GCU, etc, are pretty much dedicate 'game'/deal services. They can take the income from selling GCU and aim it all at giving gaming specific deals. The -reason- people join is for the discounts, because the discounts are the heart of it.

Prime is primarily for heavy users of Amazon -- free shipping, etc. The deals are 'added value', not why people join.

You said in a previous post that the only reason you kept Prime is for streaming; that too, is pretty much a 'value add' for Prime (though a very nice one). We have Netflix (and a DVR) so never use Prime for streaming, but still get it every year because we do almost all our shopping via Amazon (we've cut down grocery shopping to pretty much veggies and other perishables -- everything from canned goods to toothpaste to whatever comes from amazon). That's Prime's main purpose - to make buying on amazon easier and cheaper in a way that compels us to shop there instead of elsewhere [and it works]. Some deal on a game or bluray is just a minor value add.

I'm not sure how you can think adding value to a service 'doesn't make sense'... it makes absolute perfect sense.

It really doesn't make sense. They have put lots of blu Ray movies behind same paywall... and to me it just seems... random. The "deals" just seem like ordinary sales you can get anywhere.
It's just a value add. It's not meant to be a selling point of the service, or to get you to grab something else on your order. It's certainly not competing with something like GCU.

think of PS+. You're spending your money for 'online PS4' and for the monthly games. Those are the main selling points. Extra discounts during sales are just a 'value add' for existing members, and one more thing that might push people into thinking a sub is worth it -- but those discounts aren't meant to be the 'main' draw [although they may be for some, obviously].

Giving members of a paid service an extra discount here and there is a nice, cheap, easy way to make your members happy.

I haven't seen a Vita game in the wild for months. It's pathetic and such a waste. At least we have PSN and PS+, but Sony has really been dipping on quality PS+ offerings lately. Nothing worth keeping on it more than a couple days.
GameStop still has a full Vita section in each store.

Not deal related, but with my big gorilla hands I never use my PS vita due to the nipples they like to call thumbsticks.

But I think this is just what I need and maybe someone else will find this handy. Found it in the Auctions forum. Ordered a pair.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/333873-playstation-vita-accessory-xbox-one-thumbstick-grip-also-available-in-white/

Youtube review: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dti_TGan7bnQ%26amp%3Bfeature%3Dyoutu.be&pid=11970923

attachicon.gif
TqJwNYz.png
attachicon.gif
H7gisMw.png
Pretty neat. Gonna try making my own.

A fair number of Targets in my area seem to have a decent amount of stock of some of these Vita games.  Think I may wait for the 70% off  for the majority of them, as long as the drop happens in the next few weeks.

Anyone play the Vita version of Tecmo's Deception? Any good? I think it's called Blood Ties but I can't remember which number in the series it is.
I played it for awhile and it seemed pretty fun. I wanna get back to it, but I'm in the middle of a lot of stuff right now.

I've seen other people that are huge Deception fans, but I've yet to play any of the other ones.

Picked up every single one but Lego Batman. Thanks again. I also picked up Killzone Mercenary, Lumines, and Mortal Kombat. I'm thinking about selling/trading those since I might have them already. Jusy need to confirm when I get home. Also picked up Minecraft. Don't know if I'm going to keep it or sell it. I already have the PS4 version. Thanks again!

If anyone lives in the Pacific Northwest, Fred Meyers has an absolutely fantastic Vita section in every store I've been to. Unfortunately, they're not particularly good at reducing prices over time, so a lot are still original msrp and the few in the bargain bin aren't good deals (usually stuff like Fifa 12 or whatever, but sometimes I think I see hot shot golf in there (own it)).

I guess some vita games might be good deals at MSRP now, though... maybe I should look into that.

Dang, wish I could get in on Target clearance deals. 

Also, I had asked about a couple Vita games I had ordered on Amazon that were back ordered. Seems they ended up cancelling Criminal Girls due to unavailability. My guess is it's OOP for now, though I don't think that's much of a surprise. 

Isnt GCU 20% of all games you buy? Even those already on sale? That sounds miles better than what Amazon is trying to implement lol. It would be nice if Amazon just gave even 5% or 10% of non-prime price for anything you buy (in certain categories of course), so you'd always feel like you are getting a better deal. Instead it just sounds like random things are locked for prime members for no apparent reason at all.

I'm actually a prime member so I don't yet know HOW stupid this is, but it has sounded like a really weird experiment to me. I'm not sure if I will renew prime so I might find out just how bad it is in a couple months...
GCU is awesome. I dont know how they make money with it. I got mine through like 2020 =P Amazon prime... meh. I stopped buying from Amazon since they started charging sales tax in Cali. I still use them sometimes but not nearly as much as i used to and i certainly wouldn't pay like $90 for 2 day shipping and some streaming movies

Youtube review: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dti_TGan7bnQ%26amp%3Bfeature%3Dyoutu.be&pid=11970923

attachicon.gif
TqJwNYz.png
attachicon.gif
H7gisMw.png
post back and let us know how they work, those look intersting. I tend to not be able to play handhelds too long because they cramp up. Especially the 3ds

Fixed that for you.
damn beat me to it =P yea... its rare to see an actual 'new' vita game in store

I picked up Ridge Racer on Vita a while back on vita for $7.56 at target , but was an as is item. $14.98 isn't cheap enough.

A lot of the games that people are posting from the Target clearance (Lego batman, lumineis) are kinda junk. I'm not sure why anyone would pay $15? Although MGS HD and Rayman legends are pretty solid. My store only had MGS unfortunately.

A lot of the games that people are posting from the Target clearance (Lego batman, lumineis) are kinda junk. I'm not sure why anyone would pay $15? Although MGS HD and Rayman legends are pretty solid. My store only had MGS unfortunately.
Review scores would seem to indicate otherwise. Lumines seems to have a good score, just under Rayman. Batman did get lower, though. I'd simply avoid the Ridge Racer game.

It's a deal site and these are technically "on sale" as they are being sold for less than MSRP, so someone might appreciate the notification that they have been found cheaper. Its less qbout the game itself and more about the discount, aince opinions of the game are going to be subjective anyway. Not trying to be snarky but I think that's the perspective it should be seen from.

A copy of Duke Nukem sold for 3.99 may not be a good deal to all of those who thought it sucked but when it was being heavily discounted from msrp the discount was significant enough to mention, regardless.

My local targets have all their vita games on clearance. The ones I remember: lumines, mortal kombat, mlb15, dragon hunters, lego chima, Assassin's creed, few others. All were $10-15. Only picked up MK for $10

Picked up Rayman Legends, Super Monkey Ball, Need For Speed, Ninja Gaiden 1/2 and I can't remember the other titles. Once I find out what I have, I'll post what I'm selling. Oh yeah also picked up Dead or Alive 5 as well. Thanks again for everyone's input.

I picked up Ridge Racer on Vita a while back on vita for $7.56 at target , but was an as is item. $14.98 isn't cheap enough.
The only other place around me that has it is a Gamestop 20 miles away for $9.99 used and with my luck it probably has a crap Gamestop case. Paying $5 more for a new complete game that I don't need to waste gas to get is ok with me.

Lumines is a good game although I would wait to see if goes for under $10. Batman 2 was $9.98 new and in my opinion most Vita games if you can find new for $10 and under is a great deal especially since in my area Gamestop is the main place to find Vita games other than MLB 15 and Minecraft but Gamestop sells most Vita games used between $19.99 and $29.99.

Is ridgeracer or super monkey any good?
From everything I've heard, you need to basically factor in the price of all the DLC to the price you're willing to pay for Ridge Racer. If you are okay with that new, final price, then yes, it's worth checking out. But it burned a lot of people Day 1.

In what world is Lumines 'kinda junk'? it's absolutely fantastic.

These are the games that I'm looking to sale/trade along with Minecraft (Vita) Not Pictured. PM if interested. I also have a Borderlands 2 Game/DLC Voucher that I'm trying to get rid of as well. Thanks again!!

EDIT: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom are gone. Didn't realize that I didn't have them in my collection. Every thing else is fair game. I'm looking for Dungeon Hunter Alliance. There's a few near me but it's not worth the 1 hour drive back and forth.

20150904_232554.jpg

For those who have been holding off on Toukiden: Kiwami, it is currently on sale for $24.99 at Gamefly. Both the Vita and PS4 versions are at this price. I will continue to wait for a sub $20 price myself (vita).

https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Toukiden-Kiwami/5009245
Thank you for this very much as I grabbed a PS4 version. I originally wanted Vita but adding an extra $3 for shipping killed it for me. I am guessing it will indeed dip to $20 but I had a nagging feeling that I should grab it just in case its rarity is just as people are hyping.

(don't get me wrong $3 isn't terrible when you're still saving but I figure I can remote play it most of the time anyway)

My store suddenly got a lot more games than they had two weeks ago, but nothing interesting/cheap enough to buy.

Also, Lumines is $10 used at Gamestop if you can find it.

To my surprise the Target near me actually had a few games, and on clearance. I picked up Dungeon Hunter Alliance for $15, and Mortal Kombat  and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes for $10 each. Each were the only copies they had. I'm not sure if I'm going to open them yet. I passed on Lumines for $15 (four copies), Street Fighter X Tekken for $20 (two copies and I'm waiting to find it cheaper), and a few Minecraft and MLB 15 download boxes for $10 each. They also had a few Borderlands 2, but for $40. I was hoping to find Assassin's Creed III: Liberation and/or Metal Gear Solid Collection but we can't have everything.

My T

To my surprise the Target near me actually had a few games, and on clearance. I picked up Dungeon Hunter Alliance for $15, and Mortal Kombat and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes for $10 each. Each were the only copies they had. I'm not sure if I'm going to open them yet. I passed on Lumines for $15 (four copies), Street Fighter X Tekken for $20 (two copies and I'm waiting to find it cheaper), and a few Minecraft and MLB 15 download boxes for $10 each. They also had a few Borderlands 2, but for $40. I was hoping to find Assassin's Creed III: Liberation and/or Metal Gear Solid Collection but we can't have everything.
Mine recently clearance a bunch (Metal Gear, Dungeon Hunter, Rayman, and more). I picked up Dead or Alive for 10 bucks.

Tried a 2nd target today. Found a lot more on clearance. Picked up Killzone and Street Fighter x Tekken. They had much more but I only buy so much at a time. It was actually a Super Target.

Brings my target clearance haul to 4.

Mortal Kombat
Need for Speed
Street Fighter x Tekken
Killzone Mercenary

I still need to increase my library while the getting is good. Still looking for deals on FF X/X2, Ys Memories of Celeta, Child of Light, Gravity Rush, and more. Currently own about 15 physical games and 1 digital.

bread's done
Back