PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know where I can get a great deal on a Vita?
Amazon like Dead Texan mentioned, but you can also try a Pawn shop etc.

I picked up my PCH-1001 for $100 with 2 memory cards (4gb and 8gb) hard case and a soft case, and a broken CTA hand grip. (I replaced it with a new one, well worth grabbing one btw) Looked almost new.. Looking at it now there really isn't any scratches on it either.

Didn't get any games with it, but i've been grabbing the PS+ free games and a few others on sale.

Playing a PS4 game on my Vita in bed... i'm happy.

In the spirit of being cheap, does the physical PS3 version of Minecraft still give access to the digital Vita version for free? In that spirit, could I rent the PS3 version from a Redbox and get the Vita version from that?

In the spirit of being cheap, does the physical PS3 version of Minecraft still give access to the digital Vita version for free? In that spirit, could I rent the PS3 version from a Redbox and get the Vita version from that?
It's supposed to, but a lot of people had problems getting the disc to register on PSN. Some have had to e-mail valid receipts to Sony before getting the Vita version free (eliminating the Redbox option if that's what you end up doing).

You can certainly try though.

I went out and bought the digital Vita version at GS (thanks $5 Kong coupon) and got the PS3 version free after that.

Can anyone recommend either Need For Speed: Most Wanted or Dungeon Hunter Alliance?  I picked them up at Target for $10 each, but I'm debating on whether to keep them.

I know N4S:MW was on PS+, but it's almost 3GB (and I don't really want to clear space off my pitiful 8GB card).  And I really like Diablo & Gauntlet-type games, so is DH:A worth playing?  Thanks.

I know Target had Super Monkey Ball for around $10 during Black Friday, but I totally missed it. My Target still has copies and they're marked as $19.99.

Has anyone found cheap copies anywhere recently?

I know Target had Super Monkey Ball for around $10 during Black Friday, but I totally missed it. My Target still has copies and they're marked as $19.99.

Has anyone found cheap copies anywhere recently?
yea this pissed me off. Mine couldn't find their copies durring that sale they had several weeks back. N ow that its over they have them out on the shelf for 20 bucks. Bullshit

Can anyone recommend either Need For Speed: Most Wanted or Dungeon Hunter Alliance? I picked them up at Target for $10 each, but I'm debating on whether to keep them.

I know N4S:MW was on PS+, but it's almost 3GB (and I don't really want to clear space off my pitiful 8GB card). And I really like Diablo & Gauntlet-type games, so is DH:A worth playing? Thanks.
I've had Most Wanted since launch and love it. Almost nothing besides graphic fidelity gets lost from the console version. Plus there's Vita exclusive races.

Can anyone recommend either Need For Speed: Most Wanted or Dungeon Hunter Alliance? I picked them up at Target for $10 each, but I'm debating on whether to keep them.

I know N4S:MW was on PS+, but it's almost 3GB (and I don't really want to clear space off my pitiful 8GB card). And I really like Diablo & Gauntlet-type games, so is DH:A worth playing? Thanks.
I picked a bunch of games for this reason!

Need for Speed wasn't a playstation Plus game. It was just given out for free by EA so you can keep it forever. If you have no other way of playing it I'd recommend it but the console versions are just so much superior

I beat Dungeon Hunter 2 on iOS a long time ago. It's... okay, if you're hungering for a lootfest, but it's really not anywhere close to the depth or quality of the classic Diablo-likes. It also suffered from the same affliction most (if not all) Gameloft titles share, which is the complete lack of a soul. It's generic, and beyond uninspired.

If you're just looking for a competent one and done playthrough of a Diablo-like on Vita, DHA will probably do you. If you want something deeper that you'll want to play several times with several different builds, exploring end-game options, etc., etc., you'll find it pretty lacking.

Most Wanted it great. It's probably the best translation of a AAA console racer to a handheld ever. Graphics are a bit scaled back, far less traffic in the city, and online can be a bit laggy but it's an out standing experience on Vita.

Most Wanted it great. It's probably the best translation of a AAA console racer to a handheld ever. Graphics are a bit scaled back, far less traffic in the city, and online can be a bit laggy but it's an out standing experience on Vita.
Is there a way to change the acceleration from the right trigger? I can't see how to change the controls in the menu.

If you don't already have Soul Sacrifice I wouldn't bother with this one, as the digital Delta version is the complete game with double content.

I know this might not be the place to ask for something free...BUUUUUUT

I recently bought a used copy of Resistance Burning Skies after hunting one down for weeks and it didnt come with the online pass so I ask if anyone can be so kind as to give me their code they have laying around somewhere :)

yea this pissed me off. Mine couldn't find their copies durring that sale they had several weeks back. N ow that its over they have them out on the shelf for 20 bucks. Bullshit
Back when Borderlands 2 vita first came out, and it was on sale for $17, my local target had done something similar, because their site had said it was in stock, but I couldn't find it, and none of the workers could either. Well, I asked a nice manager, and she found it in the back.

The Targets by my house have 16GB cards on clearance for 29.98.  Same price as Amazon currently, but still the lowest I've seen in a long time so I picked one up.

Resistance is $9.99 on Amazon but only 2 in stock at the moment. It's the same price at Target and $4.99 at Best Buy but are both only available for in store pickup.

Ys: Memories is back to $19.99 prime, down from $29.99 on Amazon
Loved that game. Story's standard JRPG fare at best and it's slow to get going but once it hit it's stride like two hours in I loved that game.
Eldritch is right (as he usually is). Just beat it a couple of days ago but I don't think I've ever been this pumped to go back into a game in a higher difficulty mode. That map was a b**** to fill up though at the end though.

And 90's rock style OST FTW!

http://youtu.be/-_HCRqK5w4Y?list=PLGs-GYINgQsmKj4C_CLoKCuonSNCFe_zs

On topic: While picking up a second copy of Layton v. Wright at BBY earlier today I found MLB13 The Show and a stray copy of ModNation Racers (thought those were all gone). $5.99 and $4.99 base respectively. It's great to be a Vita owner right now!

Apparently the youtube app is being removed form the vita store and won't receive anymore updates. If you want it I recommend downloading it and making a backup on your pc

Anyone know offhand the cheapest Shinobido 2 has been? I just found out it's a semi-spinoff of Tenchu, a series I mostly enjoyed, but that things still 30 dang dollars everywhere.

[quote name="Hudson187" post="12449895" timestamp="1422420545"]Ys: Memories is back to $19.99 prime, down from $29.99 on Amazon[/quote]
Is that a good price to get it at? I've been curious about the game (never played the series, but I love jrpgs) , but if it'll go lower, I'll wait since it's going in my backlog.

It's a decent game, it'll like bottom there though.  I can't imagine a RPG with that much time going lower.

There are missable things and you'll need at least 2 play throughs to get everything.  I liked it but never finished.  I got sidetracked by another game and never got back.

bread's done
Back