PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if it will go lower? Don't really wanna pay 30$ for it right now.
Gamestop dropped it to $30, too. Not sure if it's universal or if one pricematched the other. It's hard to say what it will do, though. The ps3 version of the first game sold better than expected and is still holding its value and is hard to find. I think they printed more copies of the second game, though, based on the popularity of the first...in addition to doing a physical vita version. Most Gamestops around me still seem to have it in stock.

I'm still guessing the digital psn version is a lot more likely to drop below $30 than the physical version, though.

I ordered the Vita one last night on Newegg (think I got the last one too, lol). I woke up this morning to find that Amazon PMed it overnight...derp, I have to wait longer because of that. It's a pain to be spoiled on Amazon Prime shipping.

Maybe I'll stream my gameplay of it too so you can all mock me; I'm typically terrible at rhythm games. One time my biology teacher beat me at Guitar Hero...true story.

It's my favorite sports game, I don't play sports games, but I ADORE this game, WELL worth it! One of the best games on the vita IMO.
I bit. Thanks for the info everyone. I remember liking a demo way back in the day. And this demo was okay so I bit.

I ordered the Vita one last night on Newegg (think I got the last one too, lol). I woke up this morning to find that Amazon PMed it overnight...derp, I have to wait longer because of that. It's a pain to be spoiled on Amazon Prime shipping.

Maybe I'll stream my gameplay of it too so you can all mock me; I'm typically terrible at rhythm games. One time my biology teacher beat me at Guitar Hero...true story.
Dude this game is going to bend you over a barrel and fuck you with a rusty pitchfork. Enjoy dem difficulty spikes

Apparently the youtube app is being removed form the vita store and won't receive anymore updates. If you want it I recommend downloading it and making a backup on your pc
wtf.. was going to ask if you can still get it from d.load history but i guess not. My niece actually uses this. How do you back it up ta PC?

Loved that game. Story's standard JRPG fare at best and it's slow to get going but once it hit it's stride like two hours in I loved that game.
I was actually thinking of starting this up soon, but i feel i should play the PSP ones first (have em just didn't play em). Do i lose anything for not playing these in order? Or can i just jump to the vita one? Last one i played i think was one on PS2

Anyone know offhand the cheapest Shinobido 2 has been? I just found out it's a semi-spinoff of Tenchu, a series I mostly enjoyed, but that things still 30 dang dollars everywhere.
i think it went down to about $15 at Fry's i believe quite a while back. Dont know if it got any lower than that, but im sure you couldn't find it there anymore. Thats just the lowest i remember seeing it

Celceta was the first Ys game I played. From what I understand the whole series followed Adol and in Celceta there were some references to past games that I didn't quite get. Beyond those references the story is unrelated to past games beyond the main character as far as I can tell. I enjoyed the story for what it is but it's nothing amazing to me. So you could play the other games first but I wouldn't say it's necessary at all. Also I think they're all remakes so I couldn't even begin to tell you how they fit together.

While there is an order to Ys and there are references between them, It won't really ruin the story if you play the last one and skip the first one.

wtf.. was going to ask if you can still get it from d.load history but i guess not. My niece actually uses this. How do you back it up ta PC?
From what I understand, it won't matter if you back it up.. it will no longer work after the April date.

Google is finally ditching the 90's product called Flash and using HTML5.

Even Adobe no longer uses Flash as the default..

Insecurity, notorious battery drain on mobile, Flash is dead.

If I ever find myself on youtube (any platform) I'm in the web browser, never installed a separate app for youtube.. why bother, the browser works.

Celceta is Ys IV.  Felghana is Ys III. Origin is a prequal to the series, set 100s of years before hand. All the others are numbered so yeah.

Dude this game is going to bend you over a barrel and fuck you with a rusty pitchfork. Enjoy dem difficulty spikes
Haha...ya...they upped the difficulty in F 2nd. I finished the first two psp Project Diva games plus Project Diva F (on both vita and ps3) on hard without too much difficulty, but I actually failed some songs on normal on F 2nd (still managed to finish it on hard, but I'd say there are songs on normal in F 2nd that are the equivalent of hard songs on F).

Idk i don't find it too hard outside extreme mode on some songs. If i fail a song usually if i play it back to back 3 times I'll pass it

Funny thing is, easy mode seems a little harder to get into the "beat" of things - just makes it a bunch of QTEs. I'm going to have to grow some rhythm balls and just work on normal + so I can play it the way it was meant to be played.

Idk i don't find it too hard outside extreme mode on some songs. If i fail a song usually if i play it back to back 3 times I'll pass it
Ya, that's pretty much what I do, too. Some songs just have some tricky sections meant to throw you that you have to get the hang of (like when there's an X, and you're expecting one note, and suddenly 10 notes fly out of nowhere towards the one spot...lol).

Funny thing is, easy mode seems a little harder to get into the "beat" of things - just makes it a bunch of QTEs. I'm going to have to grow some rhythm balls and just work on normal + so I can play it the way it was meant to be played.
I'd definitely say start with normal. I know what you mean about easy...I often make stupid mistakes just 'cause the notes are so spaced out and don't follow the melodies as well as they do on normal and higher. Plus playing on normal nets you more DP to unlock stuff (the higher difficulty you play, the more DP you get...depending on how you do, of course).

I can't get extreme down, the parts where they have huge rows of notes where you're supposed to tap the D-pad and the other one alternatley always kills me

From what I understand, it won't matter if you back it up.. it will no longer work after the April date.
Google is finally ditching the 90's product called Flash and using HTML5.

Even Adobe no longer uses Flash as the default..
Insecurity, notorious battery drain on mobile, Flash is dead.

If I ever find myself on youtube (any platform) I'm in the web browser, never installed a separate app for youtube.. why bother, the browser works.
Yeah, the reason for the discontinuation of the YouTube app is because of the switch over to HTML. All current YouTube apps are going to need complete overhauls- some old bluray players and smart TVs (from even just a couple of years back) will no longer be able to access YouTube. YouTube works fine in the browser IMO.

Alittle off topic, but does anyone know how to use a capture card/stream like elgato on the vita tv? Would like to know before i buy one for streaming like on twitch.

I can't get extreme down, the parts where they have huge rows of notes where you're supposed to tap the D-pad and the other one alternatley always kills me
If it's the back & forth of face buttons & face buttons with Dpad giving you the trouble i just ignore it and tap both keys for every note since there is no penalty for pressing the dpad when not required. Kinda kinda like in rock band extra keys aren't penalized .

On my android kitkat cell using youtube on the browser on either chrome or bing is horrendous. It's slow and clunky, while when i use the app its quicker to load, more responsive, a better experience.

My problem with Hatsune Miku was the notes just flying in from all over the dang screen. Near-impossible to sight-read, and I don't have the tolerance for anime robot singing to actually memorize the songs and patterns. I was hoping for just a straight-up good rhythm game, since those are in short supply these days. That and the screen-scratching thing seemed like it worked about 60% of the time.

Please, Harmonix, deliver me from these kawaii monsters.

So, apparently, the Vita TV is going for $60 at Best Buy today. I'm not sure if this is an on-line only deal, or is also available in stores. But it's the price currently being quoted on their website.

This is the lowest I've seen it for.

My problem with Hatsune Miku was the notes just flying in from all over the dang screen. Near-impossible to sight-read, and I don't have the tolerance for anime robot singing to actually memorize the songs and patterns. I was hoping for just a straight-up good rhythm game, since those are in short supply these days. That and the screen-scratching thing seemed like it worked about 60% of the time.

Please, Harmonix, deliver me from these kawaii monsters.
Maybe you should try DJ MAX technika. It's all touch and rear screen rather than buttons. But it's $40 on PSN and physical copies are hard to come by since the company went under

So, apparently, the Vita TV is going for $60 at Best Buy today. I'm not sure if this is an on-line only deal, or is also available in stores. But it's the price currently being quoted on their website.

This is the lowest I've seen it for.
That's a fantastic price for the PSTV. I'd get another one, but I already have two. I use mine mainly for Vita and PSP games, not remote play, and really like them.

Sorry if this was posted already but just the other day I saw Vita Deception IV $20 and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP $15 at gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/deception-iv-blood-ties/113834

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/hyperdimension-neptunia-pp/114383
Hyperdimension is now $12.99...I'm a little nervous on the Vita's fate considering all of these price slashes on Vita games all over now.

And yesterday I wound up at a GS and couldn't make up my mind if I wanted Tales or Ragnarok. I ended up buying both. Great - more backlogging!

Vita continues to sell well, games continue to sell well, games continue to drop in price.

I really don't expect Sony to stop supporting the Vita any time soon, even if their marketing department abandoned it a while ago.

I like Niche. Some of psp best games are niche titles. The main stream stuff like Assassin's Creed and Killzone that everyone begged for didn't sale.

Vita is all niche and indie games now. Not that i'm complaining but yeah lets keep supporting it while it's here.
I gotta say, it's better those than say a bunch of ports. Even the PSP had better support from 3rd party developers making "unique" games for the PSP (Ex. Need For Speed Most Wanted). If you played the Vita port of NFS:MW, I couldn't stand the near draw distance and the somewhat oversensitive analog controls. Maybe that's just my lack of racing skills but still.

Maybe CBS will contract Falcom or Tri-Ace to do a good Star Trek RPG #BlueMoonDreams

I gotta say, it's better those than say a bunch of ports. Even the PSP had better support from 3rd party developers making "unique" games for the PSP (Ex. Need For Speed Most Wanted). If you played the Vita port of NFS:MW, I couldn't stand the near draw distance and the somewhat oversensitive analog controls. Maybe that's just my lack of racing skills but still.

Maybe CBS will contract Falcom or Tri-Ace to do a good Star Trek RPG #BlueMoonDreams
It must be your lacking in driving skills because I love it. ;)

Sorry if this was posted already but just the other day I saw Vita Deception IV $20 and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP $15 at gamestop.

Ugh. I would price match that Deception IV so hard (seriously fuck Gamestop's "new" games), but I'm waiting for news on whether the the updated version will come to America.

I already have two
...for what purpose?

Curses! Deception is sold out online. Thanks for the heads up though. If anyone who got in on it, completes it and wants to resell, drop me a line. I'd be happy to pay $20 shipped for a used copy.

Vita continues to sell well, games continue to sell well, games continue to drop in price.

I really don't expect Sony to stop supporting the Vita any time soon, even if their marketing department abandoned it a while ago.
Sony supports the Vita all right, doesn't even mention it at gaming events now!

I could care less, still have a ton of games to play and don't need people trying to shove crappy console ports onto it. Better that it's a niche and gets games that fit it and the audience.

There's a difference between supporting and marketing.

They support it by working with publishers and developers to continually provide new games and content for consumers.

However, they don't market the Vita as I said. Marketing is spending money on advertising, plugging it at events, and aggressively pushing for more sales.

Sony seems to have stopped marketing the system just as finally started to hit its stride.

They pretty much only try to sell their products based off of the "Oh it's Sony so it must be good" tactic or word-of-mouth.

Sony is smart to stop marketing it in my opinion. The main stream portable gaming industry is dominated by tablets and the niche industry is dominated by the 3DS (Jrpgs, indies, etc). Vita's cannot beat it's two biggest competitors at this point so Sony is better off saving that marketing money towards getting new IP's/licenses etc for the Vita. If the Vita has another end of year release schedule in 2015 like it did in 2014 (PC/PS4 ports and Tales of Hearts) I personally don't see how it will survive beyond 2016.

While I kinda have to agree with the above.. Phones/Tablets/3DS taking a large chunk of the mobile market.

Sony *really* needs to at least mention "remote play" on the Vita.

Majority of my Vita use.. Remote play. 

While I kinda have to agree with the above.. Phones/Tablets/3DS taking a large chunk of the mobile market.

Sony *really* needs to at least mention "remote play" on the Vita.

Majority of my Vita use.. Remote play.
Man I wish my internet connection was strong enough for remote play. Actually it is the main reason why I bought a Vita.

If Sony didn't spend so much money on the original Vita hardware (OLED screen and touch screens on both sides) it would have had a lower price point and thus more people would of bought it. Which would probably of resulted in more game companies publishing titles for it. Horrible moves by Sony.

Man I wish my internet connection was strong enough for remote play. Actually it is the main reason why I bought a Vita.

If Sony didn't spend so much money on the original Vita hardware (OLED screen and touch screens on both sides) it would have had a lower price point and thus more people would of bought it. Which would probably of resulted in more game companies publishing titles for it. Horrible moves by Sony.
Can't you connect directly through the ps4s wifi chip?

Can't you connect directly through the ps4s wifi chip?
He's talking outside of his house. On the local wireless network, it should be more than enough to play Remote Play.

That would be heavily dependent on upload speeds and most people don't have a lot of upload speed unless they have FIOS or some other fiber ISP like Google Fiber. Most cable ISPs don't give you a ton of upload speeds.

He's talking outside of his house. On the local wireless network, it should be more than enough to play Remote Play.

That would be heavily dependent on upload speeds and most people don't have a lot of upload speed unless they have FIOS or some other fiber ISP like Google Fiber. Most cable ISPs don't give you a ton of upload speeds.
My bad. thanks. I didn't even know you could remote play outside your home. Just recently got a ps4. I'll have to look into that.

My bad. thanks. I didn't even know you could remote play outside your home. Just recently got a ps4. I'll have to look into that.
As long as you can open up the right ports on your router to allow access, yes, it's doable from outside of your house. Your ISP may have complaints about that much upstream bandwidth going on at any given time, though that's a different issue than making it happen.

Alittle off topic, but does anyone know how to use a capture card/stream like elgato on the vita tv? Would like to know before i buy one for streaming like on twitch.
unless the elgato works differently, you have one HDMI go in to the elgato, and one going from the elgato to the TV. A USB works as power and captures the video onto its software, or can be used by programs like OBS. However, I can't guarantee obs functionality. It's a bit picky with cap cards.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread already, but Ys Celceta for Vita is down to $19.99 new/$17.99 used at GS (and I see 19.99 new at Amazon as well).  I was at a GS recently picking up Ragnarok Odyssey Ace for $20 (new, but of course gutted), and I saw a Celceta Limited Edition in the drawer when the guy was getting my Ace.  Turns out the Ys Limited Edition was USED, so I got it for $17.99, everything was still in the LE box.  Obviously you won't see that happen much, but it's good to keep your eyes out (and see what they have squirreled away in those drawers).

bread's done
Back