PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this was posted already but just the other day I saw Vita Deception IV $20 and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP $15 at gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/deception-iv-blood-ties/113834

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/hyperdimension-neptunia-pp/114383
Hyperdimension is now $12.99...I'm a little nervous on the Vita's fate considering all of these price slashes on Vita games all over now.

And yesterday I wound up at a GS and couldn't make up my mind if I wanted Tales or Ragnarok. I ended up buying both. Great - more backlogging!
Thanks, just have to hope Hyperdimension stays that price until Monday. $9 after bday and pur for that is a great price.

While I kinda have to agree with the above.. Phones/Tablets/3DS taking a large chunk of the mobile market.

Sony *really* needs to at least mention "remote play" on the Vita.

Majority of my Vita use.. Remote play.
They spent a ton of money on Geikai or whatever it was called. You think they would advertise the PS4 remote play almost exclusively.

The VITA is probably the greatest handheld hardware of all time yet sadly itll be the least supported. Its great for indie games which is not bad. Its also great for tons of RPGs and JRPGs. But its unfortunate its going to lack FPS and sports titles. Granted thats a totally different fan base, I just feel if someone made 1 decent online FPS per year for the Vita it would kill in sales. Killzone is really all we have and its great. Even Black Ops, which people were let down by, is a really good starter showing what the Vita can do with FPS. As for sports, those games do pretty well in sales to at least prop up the system a bit more. I can live with MLB the show but if we get 1 NHL and 1 NBA game at least you could play it for years.

They spent a ton of money on Geikai or whatever it was called. You think they would advertise the PS4 remote play almost exclusively.

The VITA is probably the greatest handheld hardware of all time yet sadly itll be the least supported. Its great for indie games which is not bad. Its also great for tons of RPGs and JRPGs. But its unfortunate its going to lack FPS and sports titles. Granted thats a totally different fan base, I just feel if someone made 1 decent online FPS per year for the Vita it would kill in sales. Killzone is really all we have and its great. Even Black Ops, which people were let down by, is a really good starter showing what the Vita can do with FPS. As for sports, those games do pretty well in sales to at least prop up the system a bit more. I can live with MLB the show but if we get 1 NHL and 1 NBA game at least you could play it for years.
An FPS isn't changing anything for the Vita. FPS games aren't the reason the 3DS sells so much. It has to give people something they can't find anywhere else. Why would anyone buy a Vita for FPS games if they don't already release two a week of those on consoles and PC? 3DS has landmark titles that aren't anywhere else (Pokemon). Vita has the same thing with plenty of niche titles that find a home on the handheld, but unfortunately for them the amount of people who want to play Senran Kagura isn't the same as the amount of people who buy two copies of the new Pokemon game.

Monster Hunter would maybe help, but it wouldn't save anything. That would only make a real dent overseas.

Gaikai got turned into Playstation Now.

That was a misleading ad. it implied that you could remoteplay over ps3 with any game which was clearly not true.
I actually thought that was the case. It's pretty absurd that it wasn't, but I didn't get a Vita until very recently due to being burned so badly by the PSP. Until that story came out I didn't realize they had pulled such a skeezy move, especially since I knew you could remote-play PS4 games like Resogun on it.

So since Amazon has matched Best Buy's clearance prices on little deviants, smart as, and gravity rush, do you think they will ever match for sly cooper or resistance? I want them badly.

I actually thought that was the case. It's pretty absurd that it wasn't, but I didn't get a Vita until very recently due to being burned so badly by the PSP. Until that story came out I didn't realize they had pulled such a skeezy move, especially since I knew you could remote-play PS4 games like Resogun on it.
Can I ask how you were burned with PSP? I literally just bought one to replace mine since it can no longer read discs. I bought two actually - I just love the system. The games are cheap as chips now and there are plenty of great titles you won't see on the PSN store.

One fact I wish more people knew about PSP, and that wasn't advertised well, is that you can play any multiplayer PSP game online via your PS3 through an app called Ad-hoc Party. It works great and even today blows my mind.

So since Amazon has matched Best Buy's clearance prices on little deviants, smart as, and gravity rush, do you think they will ever match for sly cooper or resistance? I want them badly.
I think they did a month ago or something but amazon shipment sold out and so no more? Not sure.

Can I ask how you were burned with PSP? I literally just bought one to replace mine since it can no longer read discs. I bought two actually - I just love the system. The games are cheap as chips now and there are plenty of great titles you won't see on the PSN store.

One fact I wish more people knew about PSP, and that wasn't advertised well, is that you can play any multiplayer PSP game online via your PS3 through an app called Ad-hoc Party. It works great and even today blows my mind.
Just not enough games I wanted to play. I got it at launch and I think by the time I sold it I only had 4 or so games for it. Too many inferior ports of PS2 games. I also didn't like the slidy-pad analog thing. My PSP was dormant for a long time because it came off, and I didn't realize you could just buy another of the discs and it would go in there. I thought the "peg" for it had broken off inside it so I was screwed. So any of its releases during that period I skipped as well.

I actually think I had more UMD movies for it than games. From what I recall, I had Metal Gear Ac!d 2, Peace Walker, Rock Band Unplugged (now that's a hell of a game) and Kenka Bancho. In UMD movies, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, Hellboy, Kill Bill, Harvey Birdman, and I think a couple of others I'm forgetting.

Then, when the Vita came around, it seemed to pretty much be the same thing. Play a worse version of Uncharted! A worse version of UMVC3! A worse version of [Any other game]! But now it's gotten its own weird niche, and, while it definitely still has stuff like that (Borderlands 2) there are a lot of gems to find.

I was actually just playing Rock Band Unplugged earlier. I got it for .99 last week at Gamestop. If any GS near you still sells PSP games, there are probably some cheap goodies there.

Is it a 1000 model? Those have a lot of things that can go wrong. I picked up two 3000s on eBay this week for $50 each (though I missed a really, really good one) so they're not expensive to replace. You might even be able to just replace the dpad on yours.

Still rocking my PSP 1000. :lol:
Launch day PSP-1001

Silver PSP-3001

PSP-Go (CFW)

Out of the 3.. The Go gets the most use, cause of the CFW.. but the 1001 is the best.

I know many didn't like the Go, but I do.

Sony, I know its a lost cause... but let me turn in my UMD's for the digital copy.. please.

One time deal. i'll even pay a small "fee" to get them swapped.

(I could buy them digitally.. but i'm looking at almost $100)

Hyperdimension is now $12.99...I'm a little nervous on the Vita's fate considering all of these price slashes on Vita games all over now.

And yesterday I wound up at a GS and couldn't make up my mind if I wanted Tales or Ragnarok. I ended up buying both. Great - more backlogging!
? Whats Tales of Ragnarok?

Sorry if this was posted already but just the other day I saw Vita Deception IV $20 and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP $15 at gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/deception-iv-blood-ties/113834

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/hyperdimension-neptunia-pp/114383
was posted in the niche thread but i dont think here. THeres a lot on sale actually

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-2130#entry12450354

I got quite a few but unfortunatly could NOT find a vita copy of Deception IV. I have one but wanted a 2nd one so i could open 1 and keep another sealed, the vita versions getting hard to find. Amazon doesn't sell it 1st party anymore nor does Best Buy =( Unfortunately despite my running around i could not find a sealed copy at any GS near me. They were all their opened shitty last copy version of 'new'

Did get these though:

One piece for vita

Atelier Rorona Plus

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends (via best buy) X2

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE (amazon) X2

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (vita) via amazon

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection

Mugen Souls Z (told myself i wouldn't buy this crap because its censored but figured at $15 why the hell not)

Ar No Surge

Really wanted Atelier Escha & Logy, and REALLY wanted Deception IV for the vita but only guts around here

I love my psp but I need a new one. there's something wrong with my dpad. :-({|= :-({|=
Mine constantly has a pop up asking me 'do you want to quit the game' when i try to friggin play. Like the tray is open or home button is pressed. Pisser is its done this without a lot of use, i never really used my PSP very much. It annoyed me enough i just kinda stopped using the thing. I tried searching online for solutions and its suprising how many people seemed to have the problem but i couldn't really find any fix. Main thing i found were suggestions to bend the prongs a bit but as mine was basically new that didn't really do anything

Id actually like to go back and play a bunch of the games i have on it. Never did play Jeane d' arc

Amazon has them for $10 and under.

Which reminds me.. I have an extended battery around here somewhere... :whistle2:k
I hope your battery didn't bloat up, a couple of my original batteries ended up bloating up awhile back and I had to toss them. Its hard to find genuine batteries now (they all probably bloated up by now). Its all those 3rd party / Chinese ones though nothing wrong with them, think I'm just afraid they might melt my psp or something.

Mine constantly has a pop up asking me 'do you want to quit the game' when i try to friggin play. Like the tray is open or home button is pressed. Pisser is its done this without a lot of use, i never really used my PSP very much. It annoyed me enough i just kinda stopped using the thing. I tried searching online for solutions and its suprising how many people seemed to have the problem but i couldn't really find any fix. Main thing i found were suggestions to bend the prongs a bit but as mine was basically new that didn't really do anything

Id actually like to go back and play a bunch of the games i have on it. Never did play Jeane d' arc
I had that problem before on my PSP 2001. I had to replace the home / start button strip with a new one, think I bought it on eBay or DealExtreme, it was a while ago though I've since got rid of that PSP back to using my PSP 1001.

Yeah, the psp is awesome and I'm still collecting umds for it. The original screen on my 2000 went bad, so I sent it in to Sony to repair. I have an extra 3000 just as a spare. I still need to get the second Japanese Yakuza game released for it...

was posted in the niche thread but i dont think here. THeres a lot on sale actually

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-2130#entry12450354

I got quite a few but unfortunatly could NOT find a vita copy of Deception IV. I have one but wanted a 2nd one so i could open 1 and keep another sealed, the vita versions getting hard to find. Amazon doesn't sell it 1st party anymore nor does Best Buy =( Unfortunately despite my running around i could not find a sealed copy at any GS near me. They were all their opened shitty last copy version of 'new'

Did get these though:

One piece for vita

Atelier Rorona Plus

Mugen Souls Z (told myself i wouldn't buy this crap because its censored but figured at $15 why the hell not)

Ar No Surge

Really wanted Atelier Escha & Logy, and REALLY wanted Deception IV for the vita but only guts around here

At this point it's not very likely that Gamestop will have a sealed copy of Deception 4. Mine was a gutted copy but i didn't care since Vita games don't have any paper work and nobody at that store plays vita games.

I hope your battery didn't bloat up, a couple of my original batteries ended up bloating up awhile back and I had to toss them. Its hard to find genuine batteries now (they all probably bloated up by now). Its all those 3rd party / Chinese ones though nothing wrong with them, think I'm just afraid they might melt my psp or something.
My original battery bloated up as well. Luckily I was able to find an officially licensed replacement in a box at a flea market for $1. Funny thing is nothing else in the box was gaming related. :lol:

Wait, people are actually posting deals in the niche thread again? I stopped following that like a year ago because it was just people trying to show off their taste-in-games-epeen.
Now it's mostly just people talking about anime loli games so I guess it swung the other way.

Yea my battery from my 1000 bloated up and broke he hinge on the battery cover.
So the Chinese batteries are ok?
I bought a Chinese labtop battery and it crapped out in 5 months so ever since I've been weary

Yea my battery from my 1000 bloated up and broke he hinge on the battery cover.
So the Chinese batteries are ok?
I bought a Chinese labtop battery and it crapped out in 5 months so ever since I've been weary
They're not necessarily OK, but I can't honestly tell you which are better or worse. There are a lot of cheap, low-quality Chinese products out there, batteries included. Try to research any specific "brand" before you buy it, if you can.

Stopped by a couple of Gamestops to pick up holds that this thread tipped me off to check. Found A couple others while I'd was there too.

Picked up (all for Vita)

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (gutted) $14.99
Deception IV (gutted) $19.99
One Piece Unlimited World Red - Day One Edition (sealed) $19.99
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace - Launch Edition (box was open but game and CD were sealed) $19.99

I grabbed 75% of the same stuff as flix1, except switch One Piece for Ys Memories of Celceta. All were gutted, but they were either games I don't care if I have sealed (Neptunia, Deception) or I have sealed limited versions already (Ys, Ragnarok). 

Stopped by a couple of Gamestops to pick up holds that this thread tipped me off to check. Found A couple others while I'd was there too.

Picked up (all for Vita)

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (gutted) $14.99
Deception IV (gutted) $19.99
One Piece Unlimited World Red - Day One Edition (sealed) $19.99
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace - Launch Edition (box was open but game and CD were sealed) $19.99
When I went to grab ROA they had a launch edition and tried to upsell me on it. I told them if they wanted to convert it to used and sell it to me I'd take it. They declined.

I did grab Ys Memories of Celceta today for about $5 out of pocket. This GS sale has been awesome.

Is this an actual weekly gamestop sale or is it just typical markdowns on slow moving stock? I just got my vita and am wondering if I need to rush out and use a few birthday coupons tonight before stores close.

Can a vita game really be "gutted" considering I've never seen one with even a manual? Hell, between that and not having to worry about disc scratches, that's the platform I would have no reservations about buying used.

Can a vita game really be "gutted" considering I've never seen one with even a manual? Hell, between that and not having to worry about disc scratches, that's the platform I would have no reservations about buying used.
One Piece has a insert with a dlc code on it and toukiden has a sheet with "battle commands" included. I bought a "gutted" one piece yesterday that didn't come with the dlc code.

Ya...there are games with online passes and booklets. Plus, while rarer than disc scratch issues, scuffed up/damaged contacts from use can cause a card-based game not to work. I've had it happen with a used DS game.

Did get these though:

One piece for vita

Atelier Rorona Plus

Ar No Surge

He said or not of.
Shh...keep quiet; it's a secret project Game Arts and Namco Bandai are working on. Epic crossovers FTW.

damn...oh well i still picked it up for 15...still thought it was a good price...now i need killzone and some of the niche games to go down in price.

I stopped by Gamestop to pick up Deception IV sealed (rare) and saw that there selection was pretty weak on the shelves but when he opened the game drawer behind the counter they had a bunch other games not on display and all were sealed. The guy told me they do that for Vita and some 3DS games because people have been stealing the cases. I have never thought about it but it made sense I went to a couple other GS in my area they also had other games not on display. 

I stopped by Gamestop to pick up Deception IV sealed (rare) and saw that there selection was pretty weak on the shelves but when he opened the game drawer behind the counter they had a bunch other games not on display and all were sealed. The guy told me they do that for Vita and some 3DS games because people have been stealing the cases. I have never thought about it but it made sense I went to a couple other GS in my area they also had other games not on display.
The fuck ? Why steal a case? Now for those of you who do, you deserve:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9229]

Almost bought this but then I realized I already had it on PS+... I need more self control. :drool:

ALSO if anyone has a moment to spare could you send in a Deception IV price suggestion for Amazon so they might match Gamestop's $19.99?

http://www.amazon.com/Deception-IV-Blood-Ties-PlayStation-3/dp/B00H51BJ0C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422766844&sr=8-1&keywords=deception+iv&pebp=1422766846334&peasin=B00H51BJ0C

When you go there it says it's sold by a third party but Amazon is actually still selling it. It would be much appreciated, thanks!

Almost bought this but then I realized I already had it on PS+... I need more self control. :drool:

ALSO if anyone has a moment to spare could you send in a Deception IV price suggestion for Amazon so they might match Gamestop's $19.99?

http://www.amazon.com/Deception-IV-Blood-Ties-PlayStation-3/dp/B00H51BJ0C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422766844&sr=8-1&keywords=deception+iv&pebp=1422766846334&peasin=B00H51BJ0C

When you go there it says it's sold by a third party but Amazon is actually still selling it. It would be much appreciated, thanks!
Do you have a moment listen about the benefits of your local DMV? :p

I had that problem before on my PSP 2001. I had to replace the home / start button strip with a new one, think I bought it on eBay or DealExtreme, it was a while ago though I've since got rid of that PSP back to using my PSP 1001.
i hope thats not what I have to do. The thing is its kinda done it since the very begining. Its almost like it thinks the tray is poping open or something. Cant remember if mines a 2000 or 3000.. its the god of war model, i know that. I have quite a few games i need to play but i just stopped because having it ask 'are you sure you want to quit the game' every few minutes gets old FAST. Even on rpgs where it doesn't screw up the gameplay

BTW whats this battery bloating you guys keep talking about?

He said or not of.
oh... derp, heh. That makes a lot more sense

Wait, people are actually posting deals in the niche thread again? I stopped following that like a year ago because it was just people trying to show off their taste-in-games-epeen.
sometimes. Its worth popping in from time to time to check for deals. I stopped about a year ago because of that ridiculous flame war reaction to them censoring Mugen Souls. Mods made it unbearable by constantly deleting anything related to it. Including just a straight link/copy paste to NISA's official statement on what was censored and why. Which just lead to more people coming in and asking what was censored/going on and starting flames over and over again.

We've gone from overzealous mods to no mods at all around these forums, heh.

Of course. Its not an issue of a manual being missing its an issue of them opening it and slapping stickers and garbage all over the case and throwing it on the floor for kids to paw with their nasty hands. Used and gutted are not the same thing. The issue is they're selling an open, used game as 'new'

Amazon no longer has the vita version, just PS3. Its one of the reasons i wanted to get an extra vita copy. Amazon and BBY no longer cary it. GS is the last big chain that has a few floating around

bread's done
Back