PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by a couple of Gamestops to pick up holds that this thread tipped me off to check. Found A couple others while I'd was there too.

Picked up (all for Vita)

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (gutted) $14.99
Deception IV (gutted) $19.99
One Piece Unlimited World Red - Day One Edition (sealed) $19.99
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace - Launch Edition (box was open but game and CD were sealed) $19.99
My gamestop has two sealed Neptunia PP but I can't bring myself to walk in and buy it in person. Judgement Stop

My gamestop has two sealed Neptunia PP but I can't bring myself to walk in and buy it in person. Judgement Stop
Forreal... i had a 10$ off coupon to use before it expired ended up using it on something else, i was literally standing at there small vita stand looking at the game wondering if i should get it or not with the crowd of people talking to the gamestop employee about the new call of duty expansion thing lol. Ended up leaving it there .-. i'll bring my girlfriend next time.

... i hope your joking. Why the hell would you care what some braindead gamestop employee thinks? Im amazed most of those people can dress themselves and tie their shoes in the morning.

I stopped by Gamestop to pick up Deception IV sealed (rare) and saw that there selection was pretty weak on the shelves but when he opened the game drawer behind the counter they had a bunch other games not on display and all were sealed. The guy told me they do that for Vita and some 3DS games because people have been stealing the cases. I have never thought about it but it made sense I went to a couple other GS in my area they also had other games not on display.
You know I'm not sure if this sounds weird or not but I've always wanted to ask a GameStop employee if I could see their sealed 3DS and Vita games in the drawers behind them for awhile but I thought it would be awkward. Has anyone ever done that? Like ask them do they have any sealed 3DS / Vita games? Not sure if I'm wording this correctly.

Since I know Vita games are hard to find. I'm pretty sure some GameStops have plenty of sealed, old Vita games that are just sitting there collecting dust and don't even show up in inventory or on the store pick up feature online.

You know I'm not sure if this sounds weird or not but I've always wanted to ask a GameStop employee if I could see their sealed 3DS and Vita games in the drawers behind them for awhile but I thought it would be awkward. Has anyone ever done that? Like ask them do they have any sealed 3DS / Vita games? Not sure if I'm wording this correctly.

Since I know Vita games are hard to find. I'm pretty sure some GameStops have plenty of sealed, old Vita games that are just sitting there collecting dust and don't even show up in inventory or on the store pick up feature online.
You should be fine as long as you don't say something like "Hey there, mind if I take a peek in your drawers?".

Everytime I go buy (new) games at Gamestop, I make sure to ask for a sealed copy. I dont think any employee has looked at me funny when I said that, but I do believe they understand I don't want gutted copies. I have never asked to look at the their inventory behind the desk, if that's what you mean, that would be awkward. If there's something you want, just ask them if they have a sealed copy, just be straightforward.

Actually I just did that a couple days ago. Got myself a sealed Launch Edition of Ragnarok Odyssey ACE for $19.99 that way :) The employee mentioned he didn't like to gut big box games, which I fully support!

I'm cool with the people at my local gamestop, so I've helped find stuff in their drawers before. Lol.

Not literally, but from the side of the counter I just point at the game like "bruh to your right"

I'd be getting someone fired if I stuck my hand in the drawers.

... i hope your joking. Why the hell would you care what some braindead gamestop employee thinks? Im amazed most of those people can dress themselves and tie their shoes in the morning.
Also that's a little mean. :c I've met some awesome people. Sure, they're all forced to tell you their 50 store promos, but that's not their fault.

I agree. Only on a couple occasions, and this was years ago, in the 15 years or so I've shopped at Gamestop have I ever come across a rude or uninformed employee. That vast majority have always been cool and helpful.

I rarely buy much of anything at Gamestop, but the last time I bought a new Vita game at one (Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time) I asked straight out if I could have an unopened copy. The lady was happy to oblige.

I agree. Only on a couple occasions, and this was years ago, in the 15 years or so I've shopped at Gamestop have I ever come across a rude or uninformed employee. That vast majority have always been cool and helpful.

I rarely buy much of anything at Gamestop, but the last time I bought a new Vita game at one (Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time) I asked straight out if I could have an unopened copy. The lady was happy to oblige.
Count yourself blessed, very very blessed. Either that or you're the sexiest person on this forum so everyone treats you right.

wink and a finger ;)

Actually I just did that a couple days ago. Got myself a sealed Launch Edition of Ragnarok Odyssey ACE for $19.99 that way :) The employee mentioned he didn't like to gut big box games, which I fully support!
Hold up. So I rarely go to Gamestop since their used pricing sucks, but for the few times I do, what sealed games behind the counter are we talking about? Are they visible or hidden so non-employees would never know they existed? Also, is this sealed just referring to being new or something more? A few months ago I walked into Gamestop looking for a vita game, they barely had anything on display, more than 5 titles but defininitely less than 10. If theres more hidden away for <$25 then I need to revisit. Well, as long as they aren't trash games

Hold up. So I rarely go to Gamestop since their used pricing sucks, but for the few times I do, what sealed games behind the counter are we talking about? Are they visible or hidden so non-employees would never know they existed? Also, is this sealed just referring to being new or something more? A few months ago I walked into Gamestop looking for a vita game, they barely had anything on display, more than 5 titles but defininitely less than 10. If theres more hidden away for <$25 then I need to revisit. Well, as long as they aren't trash games
They have drawers behind the counter from which they pull out their games. They're divided between used and new, and new are usually the sealed/gutted copies.

I recently did exactly that and to great effect. My experiences in my many years at GameStop have been much more in line with the negative reports here than the positive reports. I have even had an employee tell me he didn't have a game - in this case it was the limited/launch edition of Shin Megami Tensei IV - and then I spot the very title ever so briefly while he's probing the drawer for something else. They have lied to me on the phone to get me into the store. They have tried to force gutted "new" titles down my throat. They have lost/cancelled pre-orders. I think GameStop is a terrible corporation and I've had worse experiences dealing with GameStop staff than I have with any service personnel anywhere else, ever.

Hah

Haha, every time I go to a different Gamestop, I always ask to look in the Vita drawer.

Hah

Haha, every time I go to a different Gamestop, I always ask to look in the Vita drawer.
I went to a couple of Gamestops yesterday. One had virtually no section of Vita games which really depressed me. Then I went to another one that probably had the biggest Vita selection in Phoenix. They definitely had a few things in the drawers that weren't represented on the floor like this one:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-limited-edition/114999

BTW, I've been finding all the Ys games on PSP around my area. Thanks a lot Ys Memories of Celceta for making me want to play the whole freaking series (not that I really can since there's like a zillion versions of each game).

I just picked up a copy of The Walking Dead Season 2 for Vita from Frys. It was priced at $8.43 but rang up for $6.00. It was the last copy they had. 

Looked all over my area for a copy of One PIece: Unlimited World Red (VITA), and the only copy i found was gutted... i would rather pay $29.99 on ebay or from Namco's Store. 

BTW, I've been finding all the Ys games on PSP around my area. Thanks a lot Ys Memories of Celceta for making me want to play the whole freaking series (not that I really can since there's like a zillion versions of each game).
Not really. 1, 2, and 3's remake are already on Steam. Celceta is 4's remake. 5 is a SNES exclusive, and probably next on the remake train, so you can wait on that or just check out the fan translation. 6 and 7 have been teasing a Steam release for ages. Ys 8 will be coming the the PS4 eventually. That just leaves the original version of 3 and both original versions of 4, which you can either skip or play just to see how different they are, and the bajillion ports of Ys 1&2, which you can completely skip.

Who wants to play those games in PC? JRPGs are just wrong on PC.

Assuming I have the numbering straight the 3 remake (Felghana) and 7 (Seven) are on PSN and Vita compatible. Felghana was just on sale recently but Seven hasn't been on sale for a while and I regret not buying it last time it was.

Assuming I have the numbering straight the 3 remake (Felghana) and 7 (Seven) are on PSN and Vita compatible. Felghana was just on sale recently but Seven hasn't been on sale for a while and I regret not buying it last time it was.

You're joking right? You must not know very much about the Ys series...

Not really. 1, 2, and 3's remake are already on Steam. Celceta is 4's remake. 5 is a SNES exclusive, and probably next on the remake train, so you can wait on that or just check out the fan translation. 6 and 7 have been teasing a Steam release for ages. Ys 8 will be coming the the PS4 eventually. That just leaves the original version of 3 and both original versions of 4, which you can either skip or play just to see how different they are, and the bajillion ports of Ys 1&2, which you can completely skip.
Hopefully, they'll make that on the Vita again...well maybe PS4 too. Then after that...remaster Trails in the Sky for PS4. Then after that-

Just saw the trailer for Ys 8. One more reason to love my PS4!

You're joking right? You must not know very much about the Ys series...
Funny thing is, they started off on PCs in the 80's. While Memories of Celceta is a remake of 4, it's not exactly like Ys 4 since I think the IP got licensed to multiple developers. There are three versions of Ys 4 I believe. The Vita game might be a fourth version of it
hence the weird ending about it being an interpretation and all.

Just finished collecting all the Ys PSP games...with no artwork. Thanks for nothing Gamestop. Well at least I got em while they're pretty cheap, and a B2G1 thing going on with PSP games (to be phased out of course).

Amazon has Resistance: Burning Skies for $5. It's backordered at the moment but you can still place an order for it. Thanks to carlanga for posting this in the Amazon thread.

You sad Console Peasant lol :D/
I've played PC games far longer than console. Other than GB systems the first one I had was around when I was 16 or 17 and got a bunch of cash from something. I bought it for Soulcalibur 2, GT3, and Vice City.

Does anyone want to unload an online pass for resistance? I bought mine used and at this rate I think it's cheaper to just buy it again or......

So picked up an extra copy of Hyperdimensionn PP for my niece. Was just wondering if this game would be good for a 9 year old girl to play or if its too hard. I think its one of those idol raising games right? Never played one before, but she loves sim type games and junk like that. Whats the gameplay like? I watched a few gameplay videos but it was a bit confusing to me. Lots of little dialog segments with tons of stats

So picked up an extra copy of Hyperdimensionn PP for my niece. Was just wondering if this game would be good for a 9 year old girl to play or if its too hard. I think its one of those idol raising games right? Never played one before, but she loves sim type games and junk like that. Whats the gameplay like? I watched a few gameplay videos but it was a bit confusing to me. Lots of little dialog segments with tons of stats
"Players manage various aspects of characters' pop-star training (e.g., vocal and dance training, promotions/public relations, concerts). Some female characters wear low-cut outfits that reveal large amounts of cleavage; some scenes contain close-up angles of cleavage and jiggling breasts. One sequence depicts female characters partially nude (e.g., bubbles barely covering breasts) in a bathroom. The dialogue includes several suggestive references (e.g.,“We got pushed and Noire ended up embracing me from behind,” “Her boobs are all over me” and “Her boobs jiggle each time she shakes someone's hands.”). The words “sh*t,” “a*shole,” and “b*tch” appear in dialogue."

Well from the ESRB rating page it looks like something you wouldn't want a 9 year old to play.

hah i noticed some of the jiggle in a few of the videos i saw, but it wasn't anything too out there. She'd probably pick the loli's to play anyway, so no jiggle there.  The languange doesn't matter at all. Shes played the Wolf Among us up to chapter 3 so far.. so yea, the content here probably isnt' going to phase her. Im just more curious about the gameplay

They have drawers behind the counter from which they pull out their games. They're divided between used and new, and new are usually the sealed/gutted copies.
I've noticed GS has been carrying 1-2 sealed copies if anything.

Had a real hard time finding Tales of Hearts R, since most stores near me only had gutted.

This isn't much of a problem with games that don't have codes or season pass, but since employees are allowed to borrow games for a couple of days, it always worries me that some jackass might use a code from a gutted game.

"Players manage various aspects of characters' pop-star training (e.g., vocal and dance training, promotions/public relations, concerts). Some female characters wear low-cut outfits that reveal large amounts of cleavage; some scenes contain close-up angles of cleavage and jiggling breasts. One sequence depicts female characters partially nude (e.g., bubbles barely covering breasts) in a bathroom. The dialogue includes several suggestive references (e.g.,“We got pushed and Noire ended up embracing me from behind,” “Her boobs are all over me” and “Her boobs jiggle each time she shakes someone's hands.”). The words “sh*t,” “a*shole,” and “b*tch” appear in dialogue."

Well from the ESRB rating page it looks like something you wouldn't want a 9 year old to play.
For the record this guy asked a bunch of people if Danganronpa would be suitable, everyone said no, and then he just ignored them anyway and said he gets tons of other inappropriate stuff for the kid. Because that makes it okay, and definitely won't have unforeseen consequences later in life.

I've noticed GS has been carrying 1-2 sealed copies if anything.

Had a real hard time finding Tales of Hearts R, since most stores near me only had gutted.

This isn't much of a problem with games that don't have codes or season pass, but since employees are allowed to borrow games for a couple of days, it always worries me that some jackass might use a code from a gutted game.
That's why I won't buy "new" games from Gamestop that are opened. I still don't know why that company seems to think an opened item qualifies as new.

I think if you're going to dismiss suggestive images and inappropriate language, there really isn't anything a 9 year old can not figure out on a console, unless she:

a) does not like to read

b) gets frustrated easily

c) has no coordination / reflex time

In any future games, you should probably just ask if the games are easy or hard to play. "Suitable for a 9 year old" opens you up to many subjective opinions.

That's why I won't buy "new" games from Gamestop that are opened. I still don't know why that company seems to think an opened item qualifies as new.
I avoid gamestop "new" only because I buy a lot of games as gifts for my family. If they don't like the game I buy, returning it and telling the sales associate it's "New" for a total refund has blown up in my face once because they said it was not purchased "new."

II avoid gamestop "new" only because I buy a lot of games as gifts for my family. If they don't like the game I buy, returning it and telling the sales associate it's "New" for a total refund has blown up in my face once because they said it was not purchased "new."
That has happen to me before, it would be great if someone from GS can give a valid reason as to why is it okay to sell an open game as new but if you try and return it for a refund they will give you an issue.

I avoid gamestop "new" only because I buy a lot of games as gifts for my family. If they don't like the game I buy, returning it and telling the sales associate it's "New" for a total refund has blown up in my face once because they said it was not purchased "new."
That has happen to me before, it would be great if someone from GS can give a valid reason as to why is it okay to sell an open game as new but if you try and return it for a refund they will give you an issue.
GS employees are supposed to put plastic seals on gutted games sold as "New" for that very reason, and unfortunately we end up being the ones who have to watch for that.

bread's done
Back