PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="nitrosmob" post="12589589" timestamp="1427206529"]How hard is it to swap cards...like how will i be able to get the information from one card to another? I don't know the process is all.[/quote]
You have to turn off the console, swap cards, turn it back on and let it sit for a few minutes to set up the home screen. It's not hard, but not all that quick.

Nintendo has some great games for the 3ds, and since most of their games are cartoony, the graphics don't matter. I agree that their account management and system transfer process sucks though.
True, but..

I picked up Lego the Movie for my 3DS.. and also got it free with my $50 PSTV bundle.

Side by side of the same game.. it truly looks like 90's vs current gen. (with 3D off)

Oh and someone mentioned the region lock... fuck you Nintendo. another annoyance.

How hard is it to swap cards...like how will i be able to get the information from one card to another? I don't know the process is all.
It's not hard, just have to shut the system down and then swap.

Try the PC, it's great, much faster than downloading from the PSN. Plus it's a good backup if they stop supporting the Vita/PSTV in the future, shut down the shops eventually, etc.
Problem with that, having the Vita out of the house.. For the PSTV that can work though.

How hard is it to swap cards...like how will i be able to get the information from one card to another? I don't know the process is all.
it's not difficult at all, but say you have a 32 gb and then upgrade to 64gb. Having to either copy from one card to another through the PC client, or redownload all your stuff from PSN is a serious time waster.

You have to turn off the console, swap cards, turn it back on and let it sit for a few minutes to set up the home screen. It's not hard, but not all that quick.
Do this. I thought it was like the PSP and ended up losing half of my progress in Danganronpa and 400K years of sentence in Freedom Wars.

it's not difficult at all, but say you have a 32 gb and then upgrade to 64gb. Having to either copy from one card to another through the PC client, or redownload all your stuff from PSN is a serious time waster.
That's what I'll have to do eventually...sucks. I have a 32 gig and will eventually get 64 gig when it's about the right price (about $70ish for me if i'm lucky or if I really start running out of space). Thanks for the answers.

Alright, looks like I have to go hunting for a 64gb card. Anyone heard of any deals?
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334504-amazon-trade-in-faq-60/page-186#entry12589778

This is how I basically paid less than $40 for mine. Be cool like Vigilante and always watch this topic.

Aside from that...these stupid memory cards almost never go on sale. You can hold out for more Christmas sales...

...or maybe clearance when the Vita gets axed...just my pessimist side talking.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334504-amazon-trade-in-faq-60/page-186#entry12589778

This is how I basically paid less than $40 for mine. Be cool like Vigilante and always watch this topic.

Aside from that...these stupid memory cards almost never go on sale. You can hold out for more Christmas sales...

...or maybe clearance when the Vita gets axed...just my pessimist side talking.
Not sure where you're going with that... the link takes you to the AMZ trade-in thread. Are you suggesting that you trade in your current memory card and then buy a larger one with the credit earned from trading?

My Target had non of the games below $10 except Soul Sacrifice. Uncharted and Sly were both still $20. They had a huge stack of them too....

Not sure where you're going with that... the link takes you to the AMZ trade-in thread. Are you suggesting that you trade in your current memory card and then buy a larger one with the credit earned from trading?
I suppose you could...but I'm afraid currently the best way you can spend less on the card is flipping cheap games to Amazon.

certainly YMMV but my store had a bunch of Vita games for 7.48. I picked up Hot Shots and Resistance with the B1G1 as they guy was willing to override. 

This was mentioned in another thread, and it's not technically a deal, but Child of Light is coming to the Vita for North America as a physical release, later this month. What's interesting is that the only retailer currently offering it for preorder is BB, and only for shipping. It may end up being a small print run, who knows. Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/child-of-light-ps-vita/4429039.p?id=1219629073081&skuId=4429039
just wanted to say thanks for this. Ive refused to buy his game since for some stupid reason it was not cross buy (it is in Europe though.. wtf?) But if theres a physical release then ill get a copy or two. I wouldn't have known of this unless i skimmed the last several pages here, so thanks

I second the above post.

Got my copy in the mail today, and it's such a great game. Bummer that it's not cross-buy, but it is compatible with the PSTV, so I've been playing it on that.

Had Gravity Rush as a PS+ freebie but couldn't pass up a physical copy from Target for $7.48 plus 5% off with Redcard.

Now I'm in the same boat with Child of Light. Just bought it in a recent sale for $6 (past month on PSN) but would much rather have the physical copy.

Ugh. At least I have GCU right???

Had Gravity Rush as a PS+ freebie but couldn't pass up a physical copy from Target for $7.48 plus 5% off with Redcard.

Now I'm in the same boat with Child of Light. Just bought it in a recent sale for $6 (past month on PSN) but would much rather have the physical copy.

Ugh. At least I have GCU right???
screw it with GCU its like just under $15 Id say go for it, its worth it to support physical releases. I bought 2 =P

screw it with GCU its like just under $15 Id say go for it, its worth it to support physical releases. I bought 2 =P
Does the new, North American release come with the DLC, either as a code or on the physical copy? I bought the UK "complete edition" but am willing to re-buy if the US version is comparable.

I've never had a credit card. They seem like a huge scam. Spend somebody else's money. Then pay them back more than you spent. If you can't afford something on your own, you probably shouldn't be wasting your money on it.

I've never had a credit card. They seem like a huge scam. Spend somebody else's money. Then pay them back more than you spent. If you can't afford something on your own, you probably shouldn't be wasting your money on it.
I'm not sure if you are serious...

It's more of a bigger picture. Not sure if you have any bills in your name or not, but it helps you build a credit history. Banks will then know if you are responsible with payments. In the long run this is a major factor for buying a house, a car, finding a spouse, and possibly even a job

Yeah I think you're doing it wrong. I put everything on my credit card, and have since I was a freshman in college, for two reasons: 1) it helps build credit when you pay the card off on time (and since I have my primary card through my bank it helped me get an even better mortgage rate) and 2) points which I redeem for cash directly deposited into my checking account.

You only pay more than you spend when you don't pay your credit card on time. As long as you don't overextend your funds, you're perfectly fine.

You only pay more than you spend when you don't pay your credit card on time. As long as you don't overextend your funds, you're perfectly fine.
Yeah if you pay out the entire balance, you don't get charged any interest.

At least that's how it works with my card.

Lmao good luck buying a car/house/renting a house/getting a loan/cheap car insurance/ect..

So, obviously YMMV, but I saw these vita games marked down in the crappier Walmart in Santa Fe, NM.  Didn't buy any because the only one I don't own is Borderlands 2, but I'll wait for it to be

Cash is for kids and old people.

Get a CC, build your credit and pay it at the end of each month. No interest and everything you spend is easily tracked.

I only have two and don't fill unnecessary CC applications just for a few bucks that will hurt my score. You need a good score to get good interest rates on homes, cars , new services, etc etc etc. If you know how to play the system to get your score, the system will be nice with you. I pay everything w my CCs and get about $300 back at the end of the year just because I pay with them instead of cash. Monthly things like insurance, cable, etc is done automatically and can easily follow everything I spend. Some cards can give you an extra year of warranty for electronics for free as well.

Here is my dec one:

Qte2iS3.png

You should learn how credit cards actually work before just deciding they're terrible. As others have said, as long as you pay it all back at the end of the month, you don't pay any extra. If it's a decent card, you'll get small rewards. I get like 3% back.

I'm not sure if you have any dreams of home ownership, boat ownership, or event attendance, but if you do, it's important to build credit.

so getting back on topic...

I picked up Jak & Daxter Collection at Target for $5.98 (Clearance)... might want to check your stores to see if they have it

DPCI 207-20-0158

Scam isn't exactly the right word. Yes, many of them engage in what used to be called usury and there's plenty of reasons to dislike them on a philosophical level. Paying cash for everything does a much better job of forcing you to live within your means, for example, and it's nice for some to be able to keep their purchasing history completely private, which is only possible with cash.

That said, if you're responsible and pay every month... there are no extra fees and credit cards have a lot of advantages too. And while it sounds like most of us in this thread are responsible and have great credit ratings, credit cards can destroy irresponsible people too. And based on all the personal debt statistics I've seen, there are far more terribly irresponsible people out there than responsible people. For them? Credit cards aren't so much a scam as they are a financial black hole.

Thanks for the heads up about the Rakuten credit card offer. I did that and got the 64GB card for next to nothing. Now I wish I hadn't bought that darned 16 card but you live and learn.

As for the whole CC argument, it's a tool and like any tool it can be used responsibly or irresponsibly. You just need to know yourself and your limitations. If you know you don't have the best self control then it's probably best to use them on a limited basis and go with a low limit. Otherwise if you think you'll be fine with paying the balance off every month it can work in your favor.

so getting back on topic...

I picked up Jak & Daxter Collection at Target for $5.98 (Clearance)... might want to check your stores to see if they have it

DPCI 207-20-0158
Damn, my local Target barely has a vita selection but then their whole video game section is just barely hanging on.

My local Target only has five or six titles, but if they are clearancing them all out, think I need to take a trip over there. I also should check out the others a little further away. Who knows what I may find.

You should learn how credit cards actually work before just deciding they're terrible. As others have said, as long as you pay it all back at the end of the month, you don't pay any extra. If it's a decent card, you'll get small rewards. I get like 3% back.

I'm not sure if you have any dreams of home ownership, boat ownership, or event attendance, but if you do, it's important to build credit.
Mr santos l halper, when can I tell my supervisor to expect payment.

Idk if anyone posted these but there are a few pre-owned games at gamestop for $15 and under:

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP - $9.99 

Little Deviants - $4.99 

Dynasty Warriors NEXT - $9.99 

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extended - $9.99

Army Corps of Hell - $6.99

Shinobido 2: The Revenge of Zen - $9.99

Unit 13 - $9.99

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - HD Edition - $14.99

Spy Hunter - $12.99

Ragnarok Odyssey - $12.99

Dungeon Hunter Alliance - $9.99 

Soul Sacrifice - $12.99

Entwined - $9.99

Dynasty Warriors worth 10?
Have you ever played any DW games? If you have and you liked them, I would say its worth it for $10. Its not that hard, graphics look really good for a vita but I would advise you not to get it if you are a trophy hunter because some of what you have to do is down right borderline impossible.

bread's done
Back