PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't expecting anything, but I went to my Target and saw Jak & Daxter Collection for $10. I ALMOST jumped on it, but I remembered about the terrible framerates.

freedom wars is 15.00 on amazon.com right now. I would jump on it while its up, probably won't last long.
Is Freedom Wars heavy in the craft/grinding aspect like Monster Hunters?

I've always been turned off by Monster Hunters because of this being the primary thing.... or is the game more along the lines of an Action RPG?

I just ordered one from Rakuten at http://bit.ly/19pvCaO. I signed up for their credit card (which I will pay off right away) and got an instant $80 off. After shipping the 64GB memory card cost me a grand total of $8.99.
I really didn't need yet another credit card, but I said screw it and did the same. I'm tired of having the measly 8 GB card that came with my PSTV. And I can always cancel the card in a few months.

I just ordered one from Rakuten at http://bit.ly/19pvCaO. I signed up for their credit card (which I will pay off right away) and got an instant $80 off. After shipping the 64GB memory card cost me a grand total of $8.99.
Thanks for this tip. I found a neat silver Vita around here recently and was getting by with a 4 GB card I had from a Vita starter pack I bought at Kmart for $4...keeping the upgrades cheap! I wish I knew the story of how this Vita ended up around here...

I've always been turned off by Monster Hunters because of this being the primary thing.... or is the game more along the lines of an Action RPG?
There's lots of crafting, and it's all really confusing because there's a lot of info to take in all at once.

I beat freedom wars & didn't bother crafting anything until i decided i wanted the platinum. But just collecting the best gear from boss drops is enough to beat the story & play for fun online. You can craft if you want to become op or for trophy purposes

It's definitely not an action RPG, but I'd say getting into it is significantly smoother than MonHun, which has you farming loot right off the bat. I've heard it gets significantly more crafty/grindy towards the end game, though.

There's lots of crafting, and it's all really confusing because there's a lot of info to take in all at once.
I don't know which game you're playing, but I've had the opposite experience with Freedom Wars so far. Like, I'd like to be doing a little more crafting than I am, because I have access to the ability to create or upgrade several kinds of weapons that I don't yet have access to the materials for.

I don't know which game you're playing, but I've had the opposite experience with Freedom Wars so far. Like, I'd like to be doing a little more crafting than I am, because I have access to the ability to create or upgrade several kinds of weapons that I don't yet have access to the materials for.
I'm Code 4 or 5, and all the things you have to take into account when making materials or upgrading is daunting. You have to build facilities that each produce items. Then use those items to upgrade weapons through another facility, then you have to guess the upgrade path that each weapon will take since there's no guaranteed outcome.

It doesn't feel like a grind yet since I'm playing with friends, but if you really want to micromanage your inventory and weapons, the system is in place for that kind of experience.

I'm Code 4 or 5, and all the things you have to take into account when making materials or upgrading is daunting. You have to build facilities that each produce items. Then use those items to upgrade weapons through another facility, then you have to guess the upgrade path that each weapon will take since there's no guaranteed outcome.

It doesn't feel like a grind yet since I'm playing with friends, but if you really want to micromanage your inventory and weapons, the system is in place for that kind of experience.
Okay, you're a lot farther along than I am. Even if it doesn't necessarily explain weapon paths, I'd still say it eases you into the crafting a lot more than MonHun does, since, explanations or no, that series just sort of dumps you into the deep end of the "farm everything" pool.

Ys for Vita is $20 on Amazon right now. Don't think its been lower? I know its hit that off and on....

[quote name="6er" post="12600228" timestamp="1427584814"]Ys for Vita is $20 on Amazon right now. Don't think its been lower? I know its hit that off and on....[/quote]
It's an itty bitty bit cheaper used at GameStop if you can find it.

Okay, you're a lot farther along than I am. Even if it doesn't necessarily explain weapon paths, I'd still say it eases you into the crafting a lot more than MonHun does, since, explanations or no, that series just sort of dumps you into the deep end of the "farm everything" pool.
Alright so, code 8 here, how you guys doin'

I'm at 400k-ish years, and weapon upgrading gets hella grindy past level 5 of your original weapon. The thing is, you upgrade with regular materials the first five levels -- afterwards though, you "convert" your weapon to a stage 2 weapon that uses endgame mob items that require like 5 of easy-to-get parts, 3 of a mid-difficulty part, and 2 of at least 2 "hard to get" parts. So, how is this a big deal? Well, the mobs have significantly more health, for starters, and depending on the weapon you choose (path), you have to aim for a specific set of monsters to upgrade with.

In my case, I aimed for the wisp element, which requires pelta and elta parts (they're big ol' spaceships with a giant eye) -- these mobs are only accessible post Code 8, and as you go up in levels on your stage 2 (which starts from level 1 again, btw), it requires different tiers of that mob, which may or may not exist in daily quests that you can only get 1 or 2 of per day (as long as you see it in your special ops request page).

Of course, I grinded the crap out of weapons early on, and by the 800k's I was already looking at my stage 2 weapons because I went online early on.

You need to focus on story if you want to get further online though, as you cannot start missions you haven't unlocked (though you can get clear credit from participating).

If you have any questions, let me know.

They STILL haven't patched that damned game for PSTV in NA yet, huh? :whistle2:(
It's been pointed out before, if you buy the JP version it does work.. the NA version is made by a different company than the JP version.

Instead of the developer making an english version, they sent the work to another NA based developer. So a PSTV update for the NA version will probably never happen. Sadly.

Really frustrated. There are supposedly 3 copies of Sly Cooper Thieves in Time at my Target, but they aren't in any of the displays, the clearance area, not hidden behind the vita games actually in the case, there's none in the back room.... But they still supposedly have 3.

Dynasty Warriors worth 10?
Yes. It's not perfect, but it's really fun. I spent many hours in it, getting all the trophies I could, even knowing that there are one or two 'impossible' ones that require you to have an adhoc partner... basically you need to beat some special levels in a coop game mode super fast... faster than humanly possible with only one player (i know, I tried, and got 2 of them by myself... the rest, never). But the point is, i was having so much fun with it that didn't matter.

You get to jump on huge mech monsters and cut limbs off. It's quite fun. You don't need to focus on crafting right away, it leads you into it. Worth a try imo.

Really frustrated. There are supposedly 3 copies of Sly Cooper Thieves in Time at my Target, but they aren't in any of the displays, the clearance area, not hidden behind the vita games actually in the case, there's none in the back room.... But they still supposedly have 3.
You could also look for a cheap PS3 copy since it comes with a Vita download. It can only be done once so I'd avoid used copies.

Not sure if this was posted since the search function only shows from in Jan. that it was last mentioned

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd  Preowned, in store only $19.99, PUR $17.99, PUR+B-DAY $14.39  http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-2nd/114699

I think I'll finally grab it. Only notice that because DS2U posted one for $20 on AWD so was checking to see how much GS is

Anyone know if the Hatsune Miku game is worth it? What kind of game is it btw?
Its a rhythm music game played with the controller. Kinda like dj techno game on psp or that psn rock band game. The game is heavily Japanese in style & music. All songs are techno-y, jrock, jpop all sung in a kinda autotunes sound in Japanese language. It's great gameplay wise but if you aren't into this type of music than avoid it. Use YouTube to see if you like the songs.

Does anyone know what Asassins Creed Liberation is ringing up at Target? If it's a 70% off I'll go get that tonight when I pick up my Interstellar steelbook.

Does anyone know what Asassins Creed Liberation is ringing up at Target? If it's a 70% off I'll go get that tonight when I pick up my Interstellar steelbook.
I'll go to Target on my lunch break and check... it wasn't a clearance item though, so it's probably still MSRP.

Sorry to be a little off topic... but does anyone know where to download/print Vita covers?
I found a couple of sites but am having trouble finding one for Touch My Katamari (have a crappy Gamestop case)

Not sure if this is a revived deal or people just got over it....but Wal-Mart still has Freedom Wars for $15.00

Multiple locations close to me have it in stock.

The Vita Limited Edition "Retro Cty Rampage DX" is up for preorder($30): http://www.fangamer.com/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-for-ps-vita

Go, Go, GO!

They say limited edition, but no qty is given like the PS4 edition, so I'm assuming it's more than that ones 2000. They may also print them to order, and cut them off at a certain point, and print as many as they get orders for.

Yes, I know this isn't a "deal", so please don't leave those dumbass comments, as per the norm. LOL

The Vita Limited Edition "Retro Cty Rampage DX" is up for preorder($30): http://www.fangamer.com/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-for-ps-vita

Go, Go, GO!

They say limited edition, but no qty is given like the PS4 edition, so I'm assuming it's more than that ones 2000. They may also print them to order, and cut them off at a certain point, and print as many as they get orders for.

Yes, I know this isn't a "deal", so please don't leave those dumbass comments, as per the norm. LOL
Thanks for the reminder, I put an order for Vita.

The Vita Limited Edition "Retro Cty Rampage DX" is up for preorder($30): http://www.fangamer.com/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-for-ps-vita

Go, Go, GO!

Thank you so much , passed on the ps4 version now i really want one knowing how rare it got.

Go, Go, GO!

some reason just found this funny

on an official 2 GB PlayStation®Vita card, busting at the seams, filling 19.8 MB of its capacity

Its busting at the seasms Filling 19.8 MB of a 2 GB card LOL

some reason just found this funny

[background=#ffffff]on an official 2 GB [/background]PlayStation®Vita card[background=#ffffff], busting at the seams, filling 19.8 MB of its capacity[/background]

[background=#ffffff]Its busting at the seasms Filling 19.8 MB of a 2 GB card LOL [/background]
What are?

What are?
The description of the game on their website.

14e2fbb.jpg

Went by Target today and found a few vita games on clearance. They ended up ringing $4.48 each. I picked up Soul Sacrifice and Wipeout. Honestly I don't know if they are any good but I was trying to see if they would go for the b1g1 50% off (which it didnt). Also Minecraft did not ring up clearance. 

Wipeout 2048 was the game I bought a Vita for, and I thought it was great.  Even if the last races are impossible, so bring your A game.  Soul Sacrifice is good to.  It has a great atmosphere, but it's a Monster Hunter style game so be prepared for when it gets grindy as hell.

Has anyone who took advantage of the 64 GB Vita/PSTV memory card from Rakuten gotten theirs yet? Been really annoyed because it was sent through the regular first class USPS with tracking and it's been in my city since Thursday and I have no idea why it wasn't delivered Friday or Saturday. Hoping it wasn't lost.

I want that puppy before Tuesday for so I have room for Killzone Mercenary.

Has anyone who took advantage of the 64 GB Vita/PSTV memory card from Rakuten gotten theirs yet? Been really annoyed because it was sent through the regular first class USPS with tracking and it's been in my city since Thursday and I have no idea why it wasn't delivered Friday or Saturday. Hoping it wasn't lost.

I want that puppy before Tuesday for so I have room for Killzone Mercenary.
Yes, I ordered last Saturday and it got here on Friday. It shipped from CA and I live in PA. Loaded it up yesterday and everything works great.

bread's done
Back