PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Your list has a glaring oversight - Lightning Returns, which would make my top three.
Didn't include the amazing crossover game. For shame Rozz.

tumblr_nr02q4fPj21tctta4o1_400.png

I am one of those people. My friend kept on telling me about the game and his progress as he played it. He would tell me he's in July, August, September etc. (The game follows a school year).

He lended me his cartridge and after finishing the game, I loved it so much that I bought my own copy to support the developer. I have yet to open my copy though.

Now I love playing a limited number of JRPGs. I will never touch Final Fantasy. I tried FFX back in 2002 and hated the random battles etc back then and will never play a FF game again.

I can't wait for the next Persona game now.
I'm torn on whether to get it or not, your review says yes but the guy directly below you calls it overrated trash basically haha.

TBH the only jrpgs in life I ever remember liking is Wild Arms and Kingdom Hearts 1 (never played the 2nd)

I bought FF7 the day it came out and traded it to my friend for Mega Men Legends because I thought it was over hyped garbage which probably isn't a popular opinion.

I'm torn on whether to get it or not, your review says yes but the guy directly below you calls it overrated trash basically haha.

TBH the only jrpgs in life I ever remember liking is Wild Arms and Kingdom Hearts 1 (never played the 2nd)

I bought FF7 the day it came out and traded it to my friend for Mega Men Legends because I thought it was over hyped garbage which probably isn't a popular opinion.
It depends on what you like.

P4G is essentially a Visual Novel with SMT Lite dungeon crawling. It's supposed to be a particularly good VN, with a well conceived and executed 'game' of social links, where you need to decide what to do each day, who to hang out with, etc.

I absolutely hate that stuff, so I dislike P4G. If I'm going to play a SMT game, I'll play something that isn't Lite-, like Nocturne or whatever.

But -many- people absolutely adore P4G because it [supposedly] nails all those things I hate perfectly. It's supposed to have an engrossing and engaging story/mystery, likeable characters, etc, etc.

All in all, it's more likely that you'll like P4G than dislike it. I could tell there was a good game in there, it just didn't appeal to me. I'm more a number crunching kind of gamer, and would rather spend my time in dungeons fighting than deal with a high school dating sim. And while P4G has both, it's just not right for me.

If you're on the fence get it, and that's coming from someone who doesn't like it.

Games you should totally snag from PlayStation Mobile before they're gone forever!

After only three years of existence, Sony will be shutting down PlayStation Mobile forever on July 15th, 2015. There's a good chance you're asking: "I've never heard of PlayStation Mobile. What the hell is it?" Well, the program was originally created to allow small development teams to get their games on the PS Vita and compatible Android phones. Over 100 games were published to PlayStation Mobile during the course of the program, but due to the consequences of being an all-digital platform, those games will vanish into the aether when PlayStation Mobile support is deactivated in less than a fortnight.

Instead of mourning the loss of these games like a funeral, let's celebrate them with a wake. I've gone through the Mobile store and picked out titles that cover a wide variety of genres, from epic RPGs to quirky experimental gems. The best part? Most of them are bite-sized downloads and incredibly inexpensive (many of them less than 50 cents!), and they'll work perfectly on your Vita or PS TV. If you see anything here that looks interesting, act fast: you've got less than two weeks to buy them, and you'll only be able to download your purchased games until September 10th.

A few things about PlayStation Mobile
PlayStation Mobile is full of all sorts of weird quirks. First off, you need to make sure you have a compatible device. For most of you, this will be a Vita or a PS TV. You will need to activate your device for PlayStation Mobile use before you can play any of the games you've downloaded, so go to Settings -> PSN -> System Activation -> PlayStation Mobile -> Activate, and hit OK. Make sure you do this before September 10th, 2015, or you'll never ever be able to play PS Mobile games on your device. Don't forget to do this.

Once you've activated your device, go into the PlayStation Store, and look at the bar at the top. On the far right you should see an option for PlayStation Mobile. Hit that, and you'll get whisked away to a world full of games, each one with an expiration date of July 15th. The store isn't very intuitive, though, as games are sorted by release date, not by title. You might have to do a little digging to find what you're looking for, but I've gone ahead and listed the category for each game for easier reference. Once the games are downloaded, don't delete them after September 10th, otherwise you'll never get to play them again. In-app purchases are also disabled on the 10th of September. If you need more info, this FAQ has everything you need.

Boothill Heroes Part One
EarthBound fans, this one's for you. Boothill Heroes combines the best of 90's-era JRPGs, charming retro graphics, a soundtrack by Jake 'virt' Kaufman (of Shovel Knight fame), and a tale of Wild West outlaws and intrigue. Don't be fooled by the 'Part One' in its name. Boothill Heroes isn't an episodic game, but rather the first chapter in a larger trilogy, so you'll get a full ten-hour-long adventure out of this one.

Find it under: RPG

Gunhouse
Build a house with guns, then use your gunhouse to fend off waves of enemies - so if you were wondering if the title was appropriate, well, there you go. It's a little bit puzzle game, a little bit tower defense, and it's all sorts of weird. Featuring game design by the mind that brought you Frog Fractions and music by Fez composer Disasterpiece, Gunhouse is a bargain at $.49. Come on, people. You lose more money in your couch.

Find it under: Puzzle

Oh, Deer!
Oh, Deer! looks a lot like the Sega racing classic OutRun, except you've traded your hot rod for your parent's 1970's station wagon. And the highway is filled with deer. And you're supposed to hit them to earn points. There's not a whole lot to it at the moment, as the PS Mobile version is an alpha of what will become a larger project elsewhere, but at less than two quarters, you really can't go wrong with this bizarre blast of nostalgia. Oh, and the lead composer for Streets of Rage 3 wrote the music. Holy crap.

Find it under: Racing

Out of Mind
If you're looking for some NES-inspired platforming, look no further than Out of Mind. It's got a killer chiptune soundtrack, a bunch of abilities to earn, secrets to uncover, and a giant floating head follows you around and asks you existential questions you while you play. It's weird, fun, and at under fifty cents, it's a steal.

Find it under: Action

Rymdkapsel
Rymdkapsel (Swedish for 'space capsule') is a brilliant minimalist strategy game, and one of PlayStation Mobile's first breakout hits. You manage a space station, filled with abstract tetronimoes that represent each of the station's various rooms. The rectangles that wander these rooms represent workers, and it's your job to direct them around your space station, building new rooms and defending your base from attack. It's deceptively simple - quick to get into, but layered with depth.

Find it under: Strategy

Passing Time
This one's a simple little soccer game that has you passing a ball around in a circle while an army of angry footballers tries to take the ball away from you. It's not too deep, but it's fun in quick bursts. Interestingly, Passing Time is technically a first party title, as it was developed in conjunction with Honeyslug (of Hohokum fame) and XDEV, Sony's external development unit.

Find it under: Sports

Super Crate Box
The best mobile games are addictively simple, and Super Crate Box fits the bill perfectly. From Vlambeer, the makers of Ridiculous Fishing and Nuclear Throne, Super Crate Box's gameplay consists of running around a multi-level playing field, shooting a never-ending wave of enemies, and grabbing new guns from crates that appear around the stage. It's twitch action at it's finest, and while you can find it on iOS, this version uses actual buttons, making it vastly superior.

Find it under: Arcade

Chaos Rings
If the name Chaos Rings sounds familiar, that's because it's the first entry in Square Enix's popular mobile JRPG franchise, and it's made its way to the Vita thanks to PlayStation Mobile. It's actually quite good, weaving turn-based combat with four different storylines, each one following a team of combatants as they attempt to make it out of the Ark Arena alive.

Tuffy the Corgi and the Tower of Bones
What do you call an endless runner that actually has an end? Is this like some kind of Zen koan? Anyway, Tuffy the Corgi and the Tower of Bones casts you as the adorable puppy as he climbs a tower filled with 108 bones. His objective is to collect all the bones and make it to the top of the tower. Oh, and Tuffy runs automatically - all you can do is turn left, right, or jump. And one hit from one of the tower’s many obstacles will send the canine right back to the start. Climbing the tower may be grueling, but hey, at least you get to play as a cute doggy. That counts for something.

Tokyo Jungle Mobile
Tokyo Jungle Mobile takes the PS3 cult hit and condenses it into quick, digestible bursts. Rather than controlling your animals in a 3D environment, Mobile puts the action at a bird's-eye view as you move along a grid. It seems limiting at first, but this stripped-down version greatly streamlines the game, making it much more approachable than its bigger brother. While we're still waiting for an English release of Tokyo Jungle on the Vita, Tokyo Jungle Mobile makes for an acceptable substitute.

Ten By Eight
Ten By Eight looks like one of those match-3 games you see all the time on mobile devices, but it's not. This game is all about chains - move the pieces around to create large chains of like symbols, then move your finger along the chain to clear it. The bigger the chain and the more sides of the playing field that chain touches, the higher your multiplier. It's a great take on a familiar genre, but don't take it from me: let the game's director Tim Rogers explain it with this hilarious video.

Find it under: Puzzle

I did check some of these games and i recommend: Oh Deer!, Gunhouse, Out of Mind, Raptorrpg (this one is a little WTF but good to have your interest), Gun Commando (this one is a fps like Doom and is good), Shuttle Quest (this one is an rpg that looks like a original gameboy game, music and graphics are cool and it is a mix of rpg and shooter. The first episode is free but at the beginning of the game one character ask you if you want to buy the full game. It cost 50 cents only so i did buy it and then the developer appears and say thanks for buying the game)....

If you know more good games please let us know.

There's a VN called Fragment's Note (PSM) and it is now $1.99 (was $3.99). Time to pick up more waifu sims!!
Nice find. Think I'm going to grab it on iOS (also currently on sale for $1.99) since that version can get future updates and hopefully translations of the sequels.

I also found Adventure Bar Labyrinth, a roguelike sequel to Adventure Bar Story (which was ported to 3DSware). It's free too.

IV > VI > VII > V > VIII > XI > X > XIV > XII > III > I > II.

Never played IX, X-2, XIII, XIII-2, XIII-3.
XIV > XIII > XII > XI = XIII-2 > X = XIII-3 > IX > VIII = X-2 > VII > VI > V > IV > III > II > I

Games you should totally snag from PlayStation Mobile before they're gone forever!
SNIP

If you know more good games please let us know.

Fantastic list, a couple I need to check out.

Some thoughts:

There is a good chance we're getting a native Chaos Rings trilogy, or at least, an importable one with english subs. So it might be worth waiting on that / researching it before buying the PSM version.

Adventure Bar Labyrinth is a good 'beginner' roguelike. It's very similar to Sorcery Saga... every time you go into the dungeon, you're level 1, but you keep all equipment you've earned.... so you get beastly. Once you beat the main dungeon there is a endless dungeon unlocked. There is dlc but I beat the game without buying any.

There are supposed to be one or two really solid rhythm games on PSM. Can't think of the name....

[edit - cytus lambda or something?]

Picbox is cool. The main game is free, but limited to a demos worth of levels. unlocking all levels is 49 cents iirc, so do that before psm goes down.

Bike Rider DX is also good.

THere is a free calculator under apps. It has a japanese name but it totally useable, since it's just a calculator.

You mentioned my other favorites that I can think of... a lot of the other 'best' games already got native vita versions.

Boothill Heroes Part One
EarthBound fans, this one's for you. Boothill Heroes combines the best of 90's-era JRPGs, charming retro graphics, a soundtrack by Jake 'virt' Kaufman (of Shovel Knight fame), and a tale of Wild West outlaws and intrigue. Don't be fooled by the 'Part One' in its name. Boothill Heroes isn't an episodic game, but rather the first chapter in a larger trilogy, so you'll get a full ten-hour-long adventure out of this one.

I actually just went to the mobile section last week and grabbed up some games, as I knew they where all coming to a close soon.

I always wanted to grab boothill Heroes, as it looked like a western themed "Earthbound". Is it a complete contained game, or is part two required to complete the story? I think the "Part One" always through me off, as I saw that, and figured the game was incomplete. I also bought that Bigfoot game on PSN that was kind of like the Layton games, but it's a part one, and I doubt two is coming, and that games is for sure incomplete.

I'll look through my PS Mobile games as well, and try to find some recommendations as well. Off the top of my head, I have to agree with Affa, Bike Rider DX is very good, and a real time stealer. LOL

As far as the mobile store going down, check out a game called MononokeSlashdown under action.

It's not exactly world shattering, but it's Free, and I got more than Free's money worth out of it.

Can anyone recommend something that would scratch a Puzzle Quest itch?

I have beaten the original several times, so I am looking for anything that is turn-based rpg with either a CCG or match three component. I've already gone through Monpiece and Fat Princess: Piece of Cake. While these were close, they weren't very challenging. I'm asking here, just in case theres anything particular in the PS Mobile selection I should grab soon.

I have beaten the original several times, so I am looking for anything that is turn-based rpg with either a CCG or match three component. I've already gone through Monpiece and Fat Princess: Piece of Cake. While these were close, they weren't very challenging. I'm asking here, just in case theres anything particular in the PS Mobile selection I should grab soon.
Have you tried Treasures of Montezuma Arena? Match 3 with lite RPG elements, similar to the PQ games. It really is a great little game, nothing extraordinary but I have enjoyed it.

I don't know that it will scratch the same itch, but you should definitely check out Surge Deluxe (vita native). Very quality game in that vein, though not really like PQ... by the guys that did Velocity iirc. It's sort of a horizontal match 3 game on crack, hard to describe, but really compelling.

Check out Germinator too? Can't say I loved it, but it wasn't terrible.

On PSM, maybe Bullion Blitz? It's free 2 play irc so you can at least check it out.

Have you tried Treasures of Montezuma Arena? Match 3 with lite RPG elements, similar to the PQ games. It really is a great little game, nothing extraordinary but I have enjoyed it.
I actually think the original (pre-arena) was better than arena, so check that out on your vita too. should be native... i believe it was f2p or dirt cheap, can't remember.

I think the original was just 'Treasures of Montezuma'? I put tons of hours into it (never paid for any dlc). Arena wasn't my thing tho

---------------

PSM --

someone (not me) did a 'top 40' on PSM list.

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/06/29/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-1-of-4/

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/06/30/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-2-of-4/

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/07/01/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-3-of-4/

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/07/02/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-4-of-4/

they've played far, far more of them than i have.

Make sure you're in the PSM section. The categories are awful, they're all there though if you find them.
I did. Went to PSM on my PSTV. Under RPG theres only some Solbrain games, ocean craft multiplayer, grand sun ryez, chaos rings, adventure bar labyrinth, and sword of rapier. That's it. Its missing all these cool RPGs you guys have mentioned.

Is there a PSM section on the PSN store site that I'm missing?

I downloaded everything that was free on the PSM store from the vita, just to have them lol.  Not one seems interesting enough for me to even load them based on the screenshots instead of working through my backlog, will see if they transfer to my PS3, if not then I will delete them tbh.  Only the calculator will stay on my vita.

Picked up Minecraft Vita from BB today ($16 after GCU, the lowest price I could find for this). I can confirm the download code includes the PS3 version, and the PS4 version becomes $5 on PSN. After tax, it was $22 for all 3 Playstation versions.

This is amateur hour here. He should be going 2-3 times as fast....got to level up cards!

Edit: That's also one of the strongest cards in the game you can get in the game with good value between power/toughness/cost. Good taste at least! I still hated in this game that you needed to do online battles to get +2 cards for the most part.

Are there any people would recommend on the PSTV? Some games look like they wouldn't be as fun without the touchscreen.
Rubbing Anime girls aside, I have the PSTV and I like it. Plenty of games run just fine without touch. I've gotten Oreshika, Danganronpa, Persona 4 Golden, Atelier games, Tokyo Ghost Hunters, Operation Abyss etc.

If you find a good deal on it I'd personally recommend it. Just check first before you buy any game to see if it's compatible. Most are but some aren't.

bread's done
Back