PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Content manager should copy everything including system settings. I know when I migrated to the 64 gig from 32 gig I got back all my settings, my PSP games and also my Vita games. It didn't miss anything and I would highly recommend doing the WiFi transfer as the cord transfer failed me many times. WiFi didn't but was slow....but it did finish (I transferred about 26 gigs).
Great! I'll have to try the WiFi transfer.

Nitrosnob's example doesn't make any sense. Perhaps their cable is faulty. A wired transfer will always be faster than doing it over Wi-fi.
Perhaps it is faulty....all I know is it got to about 16% once and failed consistently there. I deleted all that and restarted it. Got to about 10 gigs and bam failed. I tried WiFi and it kept going and kept consistent at least. Maybe it's just my luck, but nonetheless it's not fun migrating the data. Do try the cord first...mine just failed multiple times....could be the program...who the heck knows. All I know is I wont use that content manager for a while.

Edit: also had a 3rd run where it got to about 4.6 gigs and consistently failed with the wire. Could be my wire, Vita, whatever. I'm just relaying my own struggles with the program using the wire.

I think there are 330 something on the US store, using the wiki as a guide (sorted by US release date, cut and pasted into a spreadsheet).
Nope, 247, give or take 2. Excluded Spanish version of one game (1), and repeated games (a few), and any game that was Vita | PSP.

Edit: I counted 444 538? Vita games from Wiki, including everything that wasn't 2016/TBD. No idea how many are native, cause I didn't want to waste half an hour on it or something.

lol, I'm not doing non-exclusives. That's way too much work.
I am only started to get games for the Vita, I ain't getting those multi-platform games if they are on other platforms unless it's the best version of it

200.gif

Nope, 247, give or take 2. Excluded Spanish version of one game (1), and repeated games (a few), and any game that was Vita | PSP.

Edit: I counted 444 538? Vita games from Wiki, including everything that wasn't 2016/TBD. No idea how many are native, cause I didn't want to waste half an hour on it or something.
I think we need to compare sources? I'm using:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

Sorted by and limited by release in NA, anything not out yet removed -- I counted it by pasting it into a spreadsheet. It's quite possible you're right, but... source?

[I'm also confused by your edit where you say 538... not really sure what you mean here]

I've quickly scanned over the list a couple times. Everything looks right -- I definitely think I would have noticed 80ish games that were wrong, but every one i checked looked legit. I also noticed the list only goes up to the end of 2014.... so there were 334ish games by the end of 2014, and even more now.

So adding games from 2015, I think we're significantly higher than 330, actually.

Are we miscommunication somehow? I'm talking native Vita games, released in NA either physically or digitally.

Again, not saying you're necessarily wrong... i just need to see your source to compare and figure out the discrepancy or where one of us is miscounting. It'd be nice to come to consensus so we have an actual count.

That wiki just makes my head hurt.

1049 games total..

Every time I look at the games for the Vita I find different lists etc that are not updated or incorrect. Or like that wiki page, all over the place. Some list a date released.. others a year, even a Q1 2015 date. is that released? I just don't feel like searching for that specific game to find out.. 

Even that link I posted earlier i think is missing some exclusives, missing the games from E3 2015 for sure. (towards the end of that thread mentions 3-4 from E3)

I honestly think that someone from CAG has to do a complete list here. (do not list them on one list, completely separate lists)

All Vita games released in NA, card or digital. (EU/JP lists also)

All Vita exclusive games.

All PSTV compatible games (Frisky has done this)

A completely separate list of PSP/PS/ETC games that are playable on the Vita

I nominate: not me..  :shame:

Vita has a lot going for it, generally smooth controls, great portable game graphics, decent battery life on standby and OK for playing (for the old one I own), and a variety of games. It also has terrible memory card prices, and I feel with PS+ and many games coming digital only I feel bigger the better on cards so expect to pay about $75+ for a big card. It also has Sony delegating it to the sideline with many other developers filling in the void (with good games mind you), but it's not an AAA machine anymore.

I do agree how some indie games just play well on Vita (BOI:R is great.....didn't run as well but was patched and now it's my preferred version even over PS4). Also Vita has the best version of some games, such as Danganronpa 1/2, Persona 4 Golden, and I assume Dungeon Travelers 2 coming in August.

I would love a list, esp to see the Vita exclusive lists. I know many rhythm games are just coming out on it, such as that sequel to that technica game, and I/O whatever, and the newest iteration in the taiko drum series.  

Vita has a lot going for it, generally smooth controls, great portable game graphics, decent battery life on standby and OK for playing (for the old one I own), and a variety of games. It also has terrible memory card prices, and I feel with PS+ and many games coming digital only I feel bigger the better on cards so expect to pay about $75+ for a big card. It also has Sony delegating it to the sideline with many other developers filling in the void (with good games mind you), but it's not an AAA machine anymore.

I do agree how some indie games just play well on Vita (BOI:R is great.....didn't run as well but was patched and now it's my preferred version even over PS4). Also Vita has the best version of some games, such as Danganronpa 1/2, Persona 4 Golden, and I assume Dungeon Travelers 2 coming in August.

I would love a list, esp to see the Vita exclusive lists. I know many rhythm games are just coming out on it, such as that sequel to that technica game, and I/O whatever, and the newest iteration in the taiko drum series.
Superbeat Xonic is not a sequel to DJ Max Technika. It is the same developers as the mainline game, but operating as the company Nurijoy. It is an original game.

IA/VT Colorful is coming out this week.

Again, not saying you're necessarily wrong... i just need to see your source to compare and figure out the discrepancy or where one of us is miscounting. It'd be nice to come to consensus so we have an actual count.
For PS Store, I counted each item.

For all native, I used the same source, cause I figured that's what you used. No idea where the error is.

Copy-pasted to spreadsheet, removed everything that's TBA, 2016, and N/A:

EwQGyKK.png

That wiki just makes my head hurt.

1049 games total..
Oh, definitely. It was a lot easier to look at once I stripped it down to NA releases that had a specific release date and put it in a spreadsheet.

As a wiki, it's just a mess. I do agree about needing an official register... I suppose the wiki was trying to be that, but it is an eyesore.

For PS Store, I counted each item.

For all native, I used the same source, cause I figured that's what you used. No idea where the error is.
Oh. Yea, I see. I stopped my cut and paste when it started showing 2015 with no release date, but i see 'real' release dates are below that (that is, January 12th got sorted AFTER just '2015').

Sooo....

adding the 2015 with release dates on or before last week's update gets us to:

413 Native Vita games released to date, with a [very] large number of upcoming games, many dated, not included.

I've scanned the list several times, and don't see anything that shouldn't be there - all native, all on NA store, etc [i'm pretty familiar with the library]... but it could be missing stuff since that's harder to notice. 400+ games is a shit ton, though.

I tried to cut and paste the list in as a spoiler, but can't get CAG to recognize the line breaks so it turns into a wall of text...

Sorry, I know this thread is about deals, but varied google searches didn't work, and you guys seem knowledgeable, so...

Does anyone know if PSTV can stream PS4 media player content? In other words, if I'm playing a .mkv movie on my upstairs PS4, can I stream it my downstairs PSTV?  (I don't have it yet, so can't try myself).

Thanks!

Sorry, I know this thread is about deals, but varied google searches didn't work, and you guys seem knowledgeable, so...

Does anyone know if PSTV can stream PS4 media player content? In other words, if I'm playing a .mkv movie on my upstairs PS4, can I stream it my downstairs PSTV? (I don't have it yet, so can't try myself).

Thanks!
That's a good question. Most media streaming is disabled through the various apps but I couldn't tell you about local files.

Superbeat Xonic is not a sequel to DJ Max Technika. It is the same developers as the mainline game, but operating as the company Nurijoy. It is an original game.
Hadn't seen anything on this game so decided to check it out today and I'm contemplating getting this day 1. Looks intense and I love music games.

Has anyone ordered a new game from Gamestop.com and received a gutted copy? I ordered Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Complete from them for $19.99. It came today and it was gutted. I've ordered numerous games online from Gamestop and this is the first time they've shipped a gutted copy as a new copy. 

Hmm... Interesting. It must have shipped from a store, that's the only reason for it to be gutted.
It seems a lot more of my orders are shipping directly from stores. Based off the address it shipped from it appears that's likely. It's a shame that even ordering online from Gamestop may result in a gutted copy. Pretty disappointed and will be returning it as there are better options for an opened copy.

I have Demon Gaze ordered for $19.99 as well. I ordered it on Thursday and it's still not shipped so I'm pretty sure it will also come gutted.

Yeah happened with me a Vita game from GS too. I returned it in store. They couldnt really explain why games at Corp were shipping opened games as new. Instore I get it.

I got a gutted Destiny Limited Edition (sold as new) last week from a .com order, shipped from a store ... DLC was all used.
Fortunately I'm on good terms with the crew at my store and I had zero problems returning it.

Yeah happened with me a Vita game from GS too. I returned it in store. They couldnt really explain why games at Corp were shipping opened games as new. Instore I get it.
I think they are shipping from other store locations. Anyway, what game did you order? I'm waiting on another game and also want to avoid any gutted games.

Add me to the list of getting a gutted "new" game from Gamestop.com.  Kind of a shame that even their website guts games "for display."  Though my guess is some stores send excess stock back to corporate.  Either that or they mail directly from local stores.

I think they are shipping from other store locations. Anyway, what game did you order? I'm waiting on another game and also want to avoid any gutted games.
It was Tales of Heart R. Pretty disappointed. They had one at my local store but it was also an open display. Thats why I ordered online thinking I would get a new sealed one.

I was in a GS today, looking for a hard to find sealed PS3 game, and the employee found a new sealed copy behind the counter. He wasn't sure if it was a disc or digital copy in the box (I knew it was a disc), so he pulled out his box cutter and was about to gut the poor game right in front of me, ruining it (I wanted a sealed copy). Thankfully I was able to stop him before he hacked it open, and explained that it had to be a disc copy, because of the info on the case.

It really is a disgusting thing that they gut these games, then try to sell them as "new".

According to my local GS manager, it depends on how much stock is available in the warehouse--the lower the stock, the greater the chance of receiving a gutted copy. I was looking to buy Arcana Heart 3: Love Max recently, and the nearest stores only had gutted copies. The manager told me the warehouse had less than 20 available, so I went ahead and ordered two copies just to be safe. Still, both ended up being gutted with "new" price tags--one had the case, and one came in a paper sleeve. With that being said, it was not an issue to return these to the store for a full refund (nor should it be based on GS policy).

Pretty ridiculous that GS online ships out gutted copies because if you try to return it to the physical store they will fight you tooth and nail and refuse to take it back. At least that was my experience when I bought a one of those gutted copies and found it was missing stuff and the online code had been used.

I haven't shopped there since, just a terrible company and seriously I don't know why anyone even goes there especially a CAG brother when there's tons of better options out there. It's not like they ever have good sales or offer anything that hasn't already been matched/beaten by another business.

They've been doing this shit for years (sending gutted games from their online site).
I must have been lucky cause I've ordered online for years specifically to get sealed games and I've never received a gutted game from an online order. It seems they have increased the frequency of sending gutted games online recently. I've noticed the majority of my recent orders are shipped from random stores in the last 6 months or so where as before it was almost always from a warehouse (in Texas I believe).

Edit: Go Hastings on the other hand has always sent gutted copies.

Has anyone ordered a new game from Gamestop.com and received a gutted copy? I ordered Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Complete from them for $19.99. It came today and it was gutted. I've ordered numerous games online from Gamestop and this is the first time they've shipped a gutted copy as a new copy.
All the gamestops near me have only single, gutted copies of Tales of Hearts R for the PS Vita. I wanted a sealed copy, so I ordered it online.

My copy got sent somewhere else, I never got it. I called customer service and they sent me another copy. After 3 weeks of waiting, it arrived...as a gutted copy, "NEW" Sticker on it and circle sticker on the opening to keep it "sealed" Leaving sticky residue.

Complete fail.

Main reason I refuse to deal with GS. 

You can be sued by the FTC, lose to the FTC, and continue to lie and violate trade laws. But *only* if your company name is Gamestop  :roll:

The only reason I even go to Gamestop anymore is to abuse their return policy and their B2G1 free used games deals. I usually just buy the games, get the free one, and return the two I bought. For some reason, only two of my local gamestops actually let me do this.

All the gamestops near me have only single, gutted copies of Tales of Hearts R for the PS Vita. I wanted a sealed copy, so I ordered it online.

My copy got sent somewhere else, I never got it. I called customer service and they sent me another copy. After 3 weeks of waiting, it arrived...as a gutted copy, "NEW" Sticker on it and circle sticker on the opening to keep it "sealed" Leaving sticky residue.

Complete fail.
Actually just happened to me. Same situation, I wanted a sealed copy of ToHR and ordered online, and got sent a shelf copy with the "New" price sticker on it from some store in Schenectady, NY. I wasn't too pleased but what am I gonna do, I can't get it physical anywhere else.

The Attorney General should really investigate GS' practices of selling opened unsealed copies as New.

The Attorney General should really investigate GS' practices of selling opened unsealed copies as New.
Didn't a lawyer or some organization acting on the behalf of consumers try to sue Gamestop a few years ago because of this practice? I want to say I remember hearing about it back in the early 2000's, but maybe they were just fabricated stories or GS won the case, because the practice of "gutting" never changed.

Didn't a lawyer or some organization acting on the behalf of consumers try to sue Gamestop a few years ago because of this practice? I want to say I remember hearing about it back in the early 2000's, but maybe they were just fabricated stories or GS won the case, because the practice of "gutting" never changed.
Actually, now that you mention it, around that time was when Gamestop started putting that clear (annoyingly sticky) plastic seal on the gutted games when they give them to you as new. Before that they used to just give you a gutted game as new without resealing it. Not sure if that was because of the lawsuit, or is just a coincidence. Or perhaps none of this is true and my memory is going lol.

For those of you who are interested, Resident Evil Revelations 2 Multi-Language physical cart is up for pre-order at Play-Asia(August 20 release date).

http://www.play-asia.com/resident-evil-revelations-2-multi-language/13/708xwx?ref=summary&sc1=77763029

It's pretty much the same cost as the digital version, so this is a must buy for me.
Thank you very much. This is a game I must import. Glad to see it being released in a multi-language cart.

Edit: Order placed :D/

bread's done
Back