PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong in this king what happened with the OP's play through, but I agree that getting that ending sucks. The thindlg with Disgaea games is that the bad ending the OP mentioned is not at the end of the game but in the middle somewhere. At least that's what happened to me in D4, I died somewhere around end of the first chapter and it took me to the game scren. I was like WTF just happened.
which post are you guys refering to? I skimmed several pages back but couldn't find it. Maybe i have the poster on ignore

i went into the item world on 3 and screwed the game up so badly i never finished.. Got 4 still sealed, Some how i have 4 copies of 3 WTF have no clue how i got them. So tempted to buy a 64 GB vita card but just cant see tossing that kind of cash on something that will be dropped i say by next year
yea, id love a 64gb card but im not paying that. I just deal with switching the 32's and a few 16s out.. which is a pain in the ass because of the dumb vita doing that rebuilding database crap every time.

64gb's never came out in america did they? That means when they clearance them out i'll have to watch the JP import sites or something

Hey, I'm from Phx!
Looks like there's actually a few of us around -- I mainly lurk, but I try to post when a b&m deal works for me. This account is... nearly five years old? Wow. Back to lurking...

tZOS8.gif

Nah, I'm around.
Nice to know I have some competition, lol fellow CAGs in the area!

I highly doubt they will clearance the 64 gb memory cards.
Well you never know. If the store needs space and they aren't selling they will clearance them just like with almost any other product. I just wish someone would come up with a adapter like they did the psp already. If I was tech savvy I'd do it myself and make alot of money since its a huge untapped market an all. Of course I''d be kind enough to let a select few of you know before hand so you could unload your cards first.

Too bad no store sells it in the US for them to be clearanced out. 

The Adapter would be the same size as the memory card. The memory cards are small to begin with, not like the PSP's version. They need to make a mirco micro SD card. 

Well you never know. If the store needs space and they aren't selling they will clearance them just like with almost any other product. I just wish someone would come up with a adapter like they did the psp already. If I was tech savvy I'd do it myself and make alot of money since its a huge untapped market an all. Of course I''d be kind enough to let a select few of you know before hand so you could unload your cards first.
There's nooooo way there'll be an adapter. Why are people hopeful? It can't happen.

8iT5Ohk.jpg

Already figured out a workaround for that.
vxkbxh.jpg

Just working on making it a little smaller now.
Haha that thought crossed my mind earlier. Now just incorporate it into a new grip. But then you could go ahead and downsize it to micro sd, or maybe even full size sd. Along the lines of that top mount add on HDD enclosure for PS4. But, you know, not in the way of the screen or buttons, so a grip style could make sense.

In your opinion, what should a used ps vita (OLED version), with an 8gb card, and a game (Wipeout 2048) go for now-a-days?

No scratches, original packaging, nothing missing.

Thanks.

[quote name="NewGuy101" post="12857474" timestamp="1439215947"]In your opinion, what should a used ps vita (OLED version), with an 8gb card, and a game (Wipeout 2048) go for now-a-days?

Thanks.[/quote]
I sold mine with a 32gb card, case, and extra USB charger for $130. I had it listed for $150, but no bites. This was a Craigslist sale though.

In your opinion, what should a used ps vita (OLED version), with an 8gb card, and a game (Wipeout 2048) go for now-a-days?

Thanks.
I say around $115ish maybe....Honestly I think the 8 gig card and game add just about maybe $10 value and used Vitas maybe around $105 or so...my guess for a decent price.

Already figured out a workaround for that.
vxkbxh.jpg

Just working on making it a little smaller now.
You might be joking around, but if someone actually created that, you know there would be people hauling around all that equipment just to say "I HAVE EVERY VITA PSP PSN PSX MINI AND PS MOBILE GAME ON MY SYSTEM!!!!"

I sold mine with a 32gb card, case, and extra USB charger for $130. I had it listed for $150, but no bites. This was a Craigslist sale though.
I bought an OLED last December for $115 with an 8GB, Call of Duty and Sonic Transformed. I was hoping for lower, but I was going on a trip soon and my old one had a busted right analog stick and there were some games I needed to play

I'm debating on getting a vita but am torn between a slim or original. Should the OLED screen make it a no brainer or are there slim options that should sway my decision towards a slim model?

[quote name="NewGuy101" post="12857705" timestamp="1439223800"]I'm debating on getting a vita but am torn between a slim or original. Should the OLED screen make it a no brainer or are there slim options that should sway my decision towards a slim model?[/quote]
I've had both and I think the slim is better. Lighter, slimmer (ha ha), universal charger, better battery life (supposedly. Unfortunately, I don't play it enough to notice.) You won't even notice the screen difference unless you hold it side by side to the oled.

Also, the Japanese editions have funky back colors. I have the light blue and white model. They also have lime green, pink, camo, white. You can find them on Amazon with prime shipping for about $200.

I'm debating on getting a vita but am torn between a slim or original. Should the OLED screen make it a no brainer or are there slim options that should sway my decision towards a slim model?
I have the first model and like the screen but the battery life isn't amazing. Slims supposedly have better battery life among other things of course what price you can get either of them at is the main selling point. I paid 79$ for mine off ebay last year. Came with the box cords pristine and card.

I've had both and I think the slim is better. Lighter, slimmer (ha ha), universal charger, better battery life (supposedly. Unfortunately, I don't play it enough to notice.) You won't even notice the screen difference unless you hold it side by side to the oled. Also, the Japanese editions have funky back colors. I have the light blue and white model. They also have lime green, pink, camo, white. You can find them on Amazon with prime shipping for about $200.
This exactly^ I even bought the same slim white/blue model. Both are great, but the slim is better hands down. The OLED was the only "+" on the 1000 model for me, and everything else is better with the 2000(slim). While the OLED is better then the LCD(IMO), it is in no way a terrible screen. It is just as good as my cell phone, or any other handheld device.

You might be joking around, but if someone actually created that, you know there would be people hauling around all that equipment just to say "I HAVE EVERY VITA PSP PSN PSX MINI AND PS MOBILE GAME ON MY SYSTEM!!!!"
It's not really possible to power an external HDD from the card slot. It'd requires like 1-2 orders of magnitude more power.

Edit: Wait, the Vita 2000 uses non-proprietary chargers? Ok, now I need to trade my 1000 in for a 2000 at some point. On my nightstand, I have a charger for my 3DS, Vita, and phone/Kindle/DS4. I can totally take one out now.

It's not really possible to power an external HDD from the card slot. It'd requires like 1-2 orders of magnitude more power.

Edit: Wait, the Vita 2000 uses non-proprietary chargers? Ok, now I need to trade my 1000 in for a 2000 at some point. On my nightstand, I have a charger for my 3DS, Vita, and phone/Kindle/DS4. I can totally take one out now.
Ha ha, that's how my nightstand looks too. I recently bought a 5 port usb hub to have a central charging area for it all.

The 2000 vita uses Micro USB, so you could lump it into your "phone/kindle/DS4" category.

why not just get one of those cordless charging pads that charge stuff just by setting it down on them that you see in commercials? The pad itself isn't cordless though which is hilarious when the commecials lie about it.

The Vita 2000 is awesome; I got rid of my 3G 1000 to get it and have not looked back. Yes, the screen may not be as pretty as the 1000, but it's worth the minor change for the better battery life & standby time, lighter feel, and most importantly, that microUSB charging port. I use the same charger my phone uses for the 2000 and it's perfect!

why not just get one of those cordless charging pads that charge stuff just by setting it down on them that you see in commercials? The pad itself isn't cordless though which is hilarious when the commecials lie about it.
The commercials also lie about how those work. You also need a charging case for your device or have it support wireless charging out of the box. You can't just lie it on the mat and have it work. I think the cases are custom fit for each specific device too, so it may not work on everything. It can get very expensive if you have multiple devices.

Anyone recommend freedom wars?
You get to climb up monster mechs and saw their limbs off.

I've never seen anyone recommend Natural Doctrine. I enjoyed it myself for a while but the difficulty ramps up significantly just a couple of hours into the game.
I like 'difficult' games, but you're right, it demands you completely understand its systems if you don't want to get crushed. It doesn't help that it has combat systems unlike any other game... it's unique in the same way Resonance of Fate is (though I greatly prefer Natural Doctrine's combat). But if you give it the time to grok its mechanics, it's got more depth of tactics than any other srpg I can think of. It's all about making use of terrain, positioning, skill sets, and in game systems (chaining/linking) not grinding for levels or equipment, etc.

But yes, that's why I mentioned many hate it... it's a game people need to research before buying. If it does click, the game is fantastic, which is very different from a game that's just plain bad. A quick look at some combat screenshots should be enough to tell someone if they want to learn it, or want to run away from it.

most people are saying the 2000, i say the 1000. The OLED is just so much better than the LED. I guess it comes down to how much you like a better picture. If PQ is a priority: Original. If battery life and lighter feel and the different charge hookup are your thing, 2000

I've had both and I think the slim is better. Lighter, slimmer (ha ha), universal charger, better battery life (supposedly. Unfortunately, I don't play it enough to notice.) You won't even notice the screen difference unless you hold it side by side to the oled. Also, the Japanese editions have funky back colors. I have the light blue and white model. They also have lime green, pink, camo, white. You can find them on Amazon with prime shipping for about $200.
thats not even remotely true. When i got a 2000 for my niece i immediately noticed the difference in screen quality as i set it up for her and tested a few games. Stuff like Rayman looks WAY better on the 1000

[quote name="Kenshindono" post="12857932" timestamp="1439230986"]most people are saying the 2000, i say the 1000. The OLED is just so much better than the LED. I guess it comes down to how much you like a better picture. If PQ is a priority: Original. If battery life and lighter feel and the different charge hookup are your thing, 2000

thats not even remotely true. When i got a 2000 for my niece i immediately noticed the difference in screen quality as i set it up for her and tested a few games. Stuff like Rayman looks WAY better on the 1000[/quote]
I agree colors pop due to the saturation and blackness levels offered by the 1000's oled. I decided not to upgrade and just by a portable battery(5+ extra hrs) for like $13 on amazon. So worth it!

The trouble with the screens is this:

1000 Pros:

- Better colors

- Perceptively faster response rate

1000 cons:

- Perceptively too much saturation

- Screens may not last as long with the splotches eventually appearing

2000 pros:

- No degradation in sharpness 

200 cons:

- Less color (some may perceive a yellow tint)

- response time seems a little slower

So while the 1000 screen has overall better quality, there is a chance it won't last as long. The 2000 has no issues with splotches at the expense of lovely colors. Having said that, I think the OLED screen over-saturates the colors sometimes and seeing dark-colored details are a bit easier to see on the 2000 screen. I've looked very closely at the screens and neither is really sharper than the other; they both give the same amount of detail and sharpness so don't worry too much about that. 

It is about personal preference. I for one prefer the 2000 since it doesn't make me cramp my hands for the next day. 

The trouble with the screens is this:

1000 Pros:

- Better colors

- Perceptively faster response rate

1000 cons:

- Perceptively too much saturation

2000 pros:

- No degradation in sharpness

200 cons:

- Less color (some may perceive a yellow tint)

- response time seems a little slower

So while the 1000 screen has overall better quality, there is a chance it won't last as long. The 2000 has no issues with splotches at the expense of lovely colors. Having said that, I think the OLED screen over-saturates the colors sometimes and seeing dark-colored details are a bit easier to see on the 2000 screen. I've looked very closely at the screens and neither is really sharper than the other; they both give the same amount of detail and sharpness so don't worry too much about that.

It is about personal preference. I for one prefer the 2000 since it doesn't make me cramp my hands for the next day.
Lmao how long do you use it for that it cramps your hand lol

just to be clear, the 'splotches' have nothing to due with the longevity/life of the screen. They are a given, a direct result of the technology used -- mine had them from the get go. Fortunately, they are only visible when the screen is displaying pure black, otherwise the colors are spot on and vibrant. A total non-issue in my opinion.

I agree colors pop due to the saturation and blackness levels offered by the 1000's oled. I decided not to upgrade and just by a portable battery(5+ extra hrs) for like $13 on amazon. So worth it!
It is a beautiful picture, but that's not to say the technology is without its flaws. A common complaint is the dark blobs that show up when the screen is lit but black (usually only happens on like loading screens or things of that nature...but it's bothered me in a few games and is pretty apparent on my system when you can see it). It's something that's native to the oled tech. The oled panels might also have shorter longevity (or at least image quality longevity) due to their greater tendency to produce color shifts as they degrade.

I could use it 10 minutes and have my hands cramp, don't have those issues with the 2000. I personally have very small hands, and this is why I want the standard N3DS as well, as the XL becomes an issue for extended periods. If something isn't comfortable, it doesn't take long for stress to occur. Just because you don't have a certain issue, doesn't mean others don't.

If the 2000 looks amazing i can imagine the 1000 by the way yall are talking.

That being said... I heart my 2000 vita. Looks amazing and i like that i can charge it anywhere (same charger as my phone).

I kinda want to find someone with a 1000mofel now. Im curious how different it actually is. Im not as sensetive to "better screens/HD" as others are.

Well I did some research a few years back on smartphones and found my hand is the average male hand's length and width. They are however thicker than the average hand so cramps set in as early as a half hour. It also doesn't help when you have a little carpel tunnel going on too...which is why I went ahead and splurged about $250 on two Corsair mechanical keyboards and the carpel tunnel is hardly even a nuisance anymore.

If the 2000 looks amazing i can imagine the 1000 by the way yall are talking.

That being said... I heart my 2000 vita. Looks amazing and i like that i can charge it anywhere (same charger as my phone).

I kinda want to find someone with a 1000mofel now. Im curious how different it actually is. Im not as sensetive to "better screens/HD" as others are.
Here's a pic I did some months ago that helps compare the two:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:13912]

The 1000 looks way better to me. If most games look like that, I don't see how everyone just writes it off as a negligible difference. So really, I'd say the two systems are on equal footing - you just have to decide whether you'd prefer an objetctively better screen or better battery life and a universal charger. For me, it's a no-brainer.

[quote name="sovereignNX-73811" post="12858077" timestamp="1439235090"]Well I did some research a few years back on smartphones and found my hand is the average male hand's length and width. They are however thicker than the average hand so cramps set in as early as a half hour. It also doesn't help when you have a little carpel tunnel going on too...which is why I went ahead and splurged about $250 on two Corsair mechanical keyboards and the carpel tunnel is hardly even a nuisance anymore.

Here's a pic I did some months ago that helps compare the two:[/quote]
You could say, the grass isn't greener on the other side. Ba-dum tiss!

most people are saying the 2000, i say the 1000. The OLED is just so much better than the LED. I guess it comes down to how much you like a better picture. If PQ is a priority: Original. If battery life and lighter feel and the different charge hookup are your thing, 2000

thats not even remotely true. When i got a 2000 for my niece i immediately noticed the difference in screen quality as i set it up for her and tested a few games. Stuff like Rayman looks WAY better on the 1000
Agreed! I wouldn't trade my 1000 for the 2000. I just love that OLED screen too much. I have no complaints with my battery life. I think the weight of the 1000 is just perfect. It feels solid and of quality.

bread's done
Back