PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had my 1000 for over a year, just picked up my 2000 during Amazon's "prime day sale" 

Love the 2000's weight.. and battery life is noticeably better. Screen wise, I personally don't see that big of a difference. And THANK YOU Sony for changing the PS button and Start/Select buttons... The 1000's are bad design.

The idea was to get the 2000, clean up and sell the 1000 and use the 2000 exclusively.

Reality: Keeping both.

(the thought of selling the Vita.. I will be flamed for it)

Because of the weight, the Micro USB, and battery life i'll use the 2000 and the PSTV on my account, keep the 1000 for backup or just keep it just because it's a 1000.

If Sony drops out of the portable market altogether.. i''l probably grab a 3rd (or more) Vita due to the insane backlog i'll have with it.

I have a 1000, and I really like it. I bought a used 2000 and ended up returning it. I don't have an issue with the 1000's battery life, since I pretty much only play it at home. When I tried playing Killzone Mercenary on the 2000, I got motion sickness (to be fair, I have not yet tried Killzone Mercenary on the 1000, so it might be an issue there, too, but I generally felt like the 2000 had a slower video response rate.

just to be clear, the 'splotches' have nothing to due with the longevity/life of the screen. They are a given, a direct result of the technology used -- mine had them from the get go. Fortunately, they are only visible when the screen is displaying pure black, otherwise the colors are spot on and vibrant. A total non-issue in my opinion.
I heard that keeping the brightness lower helps with that. I have mine pretty low since i game in the dark usually. About 35% or so

Ive had my 1000 for over a year, just picked up my 2000 during Amazon's "prime day sale"

Love the 2000's weight.. and battery life is noticeably better. Screen wise, I personally don't see that big of a difference. And THANK YOU Sony for changing the PS button and Start/Select buttons... The 1000's are bad design.

The idea was to get the 2000, clean up and sell the 1000 and use the 2000 exclusively.

Reality: Keeping both.

(the thought of selling the Vita.. I will be flamed for it)

Because of the weight, the Micro USB, and battery life i'll use the 2000 and the PSTV on my account, keep the 1000 for backup or just keep it just because it's a 1000.

If Sony drops out of the portable market altogether.. i''l probably grab a 3rd (or more) Vita due to the insane backlog i'll have with it.
ah yea the start and select buttons on the 1000 are kinda crappy, i forgot about that. I actually have a 2000 i havent opened maybe i should open that and have differnent vitas so i dont have to switch my memory cards out so much =P I also have 2 extra of the white ones that i bought when i heard they were phasing out the 1000s. In case mine ever dies

I'm debating on getting a vita but am torn between a slim or original. Should the OLED screen make it a no brainer or are there slim options that should sway my decision towards a slim model?
I just upgraded to a slim and there's not a single damn thing about the old fatty that I miss. The complaints about the screen being lower quality on the slim are vastly overblown. I've not had a single problem with the screen on the new one.

Overblown? Did you look at the attached screenshot above? The 1000 is definitely more vibrant while the 2000 has what everyone calls a yellowish tint.

I feel this is like when people say mp3s are the same quality as CDs or even sound better.

It is a beautiful picture, but that's not to say the technology is without its flaws. A common complaint is the dark blobs that show up when the screen is lit but black (usually only happens on like loading screens or things of that nature...but it's bothered me in a few games and is pretty apparent on my system when you can see it). It's something that's native to the oled tech. The oled panels might also have shorter longevity (or at least image quality longevity) due to their greater tendency to produce color shifts as they degrade.
Yeah, and depending on the unit the blotches can appear on backgrounds that aren't black.. I've had 2 of them that showed them on non-black backgrounds. It's random, so it depends on luck for how noticeable they are on your system. Personally I think I would prefer a worse quality screen with no chance of blotches than one that has them, but that's me.

Yeah, and depending on the unit the blotches can appear on backgrounds that aren't black.. I've had 2 of them that showed them on non-black backgrounds. It's random, so it depends on luck for how noticeable they are on your system. Personally I think I would prefer a worse quality screen with no chance of blotches than one that has them, but that's me.
I only notice the blotches if I happen to look at a load screen within 5 minutes of someone posting about them on the internet. Even if I noticed them every load screen, I wouldn't care, they aren't there in game.

Lmao how long do you use it for that it cramps your hand lol

Lolz omgz. How old are you?

Everyone is different. I'm in my 30s, have medium to large hands and the original vita makes my hands start to go numb after about 30 minutes to an hour. Now the 3ds I've been in hundreds of hours with games like Animal Crossing and never had any discomfort.

[quote name="Romeo" post="12859376" timestamp="1439296589"]Lolz omgz. How old are you?

Everyone is different. I'm in my 30s, have medium to large hands and the original vita makes my hands start to go numb after about 30 minutes to an hour. Now the 3ds I've been in hundreds of hours with games like Animal Crossing and never had any discomfort.[/quote]
PSA: If you have A vita 1000 and you get cramps anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes of playing you need one of the grips linked below. This made a huge difference for me as my hand would cramp playing Freedom wars and Killzone online.

(http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301450403559&alt=web)

I need to try that style myself. I bought the one that looks more like a batarang with the colored handles, but i end up not using it most of the time.

The sony branded one with the actaul trigger extensions keeps tempting me ahah

Everyone is different. I'm in my 30s, have medium to large hands and the original vita makes my hands start to go numb after about 30 minutes to an hour. Now the 3ds I've been in hundreds of hours with games like Animal Crossing and never had any discomfort.
Old age is not for the weak.
My back makes me feel 80.

I'm really wanting a rhythm music game for my Vita.

Should I get DJ Max Technika Tune or wait till Xonic Superbeat comes out? Both look fun, challenging music games. I'm really digging into other music games preparing for Rock Band 4 so I wanted my Vita to get some musical love as well.

I need to try that style myself. I bought the one that looks more like a batarang with the colored handles, but i end up not using it most of the time.

The sony branded one with the actaul trigger extensions keeps tempting me ahah
If you're talking about the PDP trigger grips for the 2000, don't bother. They're complete garbage (uncomfortable, cheaply made, coating peels off, etc).

Should I get DJ Max Technika Tune or wait till Xonic Superbeat comes out? Both look fun, challenging music games. I'm really digging into other music games preparing for Rock Band 4 so I wanted my Vita to get some musical love as well.
Technika Tune is worth every penny, provided you like that kind of music of course.

The trouble with the screens is this:

1000 Pros:
- Better colors
- Perceptively faster response rate

1000 cons:
- Perceptively too much saturation
- Screens may not last as long with the splotches eventually appearing

2000 pros:
- No degradation in sharpness

200 cons:
- Less color (some may perceive a yellow tint)
- response time seems a little slower

So while the 1000 screen has overall better quality, there is a chance it won't last as long. The 2000 has no issues with splotches at the expense of lovely colors. Having said that, I think the OLED screen over-saturates the colors sometimes and seeing dark-colored details are a bit easier to see on the 2000 screen. I've looked very closely at the screens and neither is really sharper than the other; they both give the same amount of detail and sharpness so don't worry too much about that.

It is about personal preference. I for one prefer the 2000 since it doesn't make me cramp my hands for the next day.
The splotches will not affect screen life.
Both will last about the same lifetime.
I do not use the back touchscreen because I always hit it in sports games like Fifa due to I guess bigger hands than average? And if I grab it so that my fingers don't touch I get cramps in less than 10 mins of playing. I have used it for other games like uncharted.
They should let us decrease the back touchscreen hit zone so that I can enjoy grabbing it comfortably.
In the end for longevity it's prob easier to grab a pstv when they are under $10 to play whatever you have left unplayed.

2EEdDSl.gif

Overblown? Did you look at the attached screenshot above? The 1000 is definitely more vibrant while the 2000 has what everyone calls a yellowish tint.

I feel this is like when people say mp3s are the same quality as CDs or even sound better.
Yup, completely and totally overblown. There is a difference but it is so slight as to be entirely forgotten once you start playing a game.

Nobody is using the Vita screen as a photography tool where slight color differences are actually important. It's used to play games.

I like my 2000 more than the 1000...after a couple weeks on it I didnt even notice the difference. And I prefer the lighter weight and battery life.

I think it's the button placement and small buttons on the vita. I have some chronic tendonitis in my right arm (musician injury), and playing on the vita for extended periods does bother it (more so than...say...playing the same or a similar game on the ps3 with a dualshock).

I'd recommend the Hatsune Miku Project Diva games, myself, but it really depends on what you're into/looking for...

Hatsune Miku, that is all.

I went ahead and ordered one, thanks.
Those are great, cheap and good enough. Currently trying to make an R2/L2 button mod using one of those cases.

PSN Vita Sales, also check out the price history on https://psprices.com before buying, if you are a true cheap ass. Also check out /r/vita sometime.

Title Discounted Price
CHRONO CROSS™ (PSOne Classic)[2] $4.99
CHRONO TRIGGER® (PSOne Classic)[3] $4.99
DISSIDIA® 012[duodecim]™ FINAL FANTASY®[4] $19.99
DISSIDIA™ FINAL FANTASY®[5] $9.99
Final Fantasy Tactics® (PSOne Classic)[6] $4.99
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®: THE WAR OF THE LIONS™[7] $4.99
FINAL FANTASY® III[8] $9.99
FINAL FANTASY® IV: The Complete Collection[9] $9.99
FINAL FANTASY® IX (PSOne Classic)[10] $4.99
FINAL FANTASY® ORIGINS (PSOne Classic)[11] $4.99
FINAL FANTASY® V (PSOne Classic)[12] $4.99
FINAL FANTASY® VI (PSOne Classic)[13] $4.99
FINAL FANTASY® VII (PSOne Classic)[14] $4.99
FINAL FANTASY® VIII (PSOne Classic)[15] $4.99
FRONT MISSION 3™ (PSOne Classic)[16] $2.99
Legend of Mana® (PSOne Classic)[17] $2.99
LORD OF ARCANA™[18] $9.99
Parasite Eve™ (PSOne Classic)[19] $2.99
Parasite Eve™ II (PSOne Classic)[20] $2.99
TACTICS OGRE™: Let Us Cling Together™[21] $9.99
The 3rd Birthday®[22] $9.99
Threads of Fate® (PSOne Classic)[23] $5.99
VAGRANT STORY® (PSOne Classic)[24] $2.99

IA/VT Colorful looks great, import friendly.

IA/VT Colorful looks great, import friendly.
It will play on any Vita, but you cannot use the pre-order DLC or purchase any DLC packs without a Japanese-region-formatted Vita and a Japanese PSN account. In that regard, it is not friendly towards importers.

It will play on any Vita, but you cannot use the pre-order DLC or purchase any DLC packs without a Japanese-region-formatted Vita and a Japanese PSN account. In that regard, it is not friendly towards importers.
Yeap, just like any other import that decides to do DLC on the vita. In that regard, all import games are not friendly toward importers.

If you're finicky about using DLC from Japan, sure it isn't for you. But for people who only care about the base game, it's great for importers who don't care about that aspect.

IA/VT has enough songs for me. :lol: Unless the DLC is trophy related, I could care less imo

I'd care if the DLC had something I'd really want, but I don't have a JP account and probably won't make one cause Vita.

I'd buy a Wii U if we could just get Squid Girl. But noooooooooo.

tumblr_n7fatrueyi1snu3wyo1_r1_400.gif

bread's done
Back