PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here experienced issues with the right thumbstick on their Vita 2000? Whenever I play Geometry Wars or Resogun, my character automatically fires to the bottom left. I've tried the rotating method while powered off to re-centering them, but it doesn't seem to help.

How good is Sony about fixing stuff under warranty? I've only had it since December.

Alternatively, I could try taking it apart myself.

Anyone here experienced issues with the right thumbstick on their Vita 2000? Whenever I play Geometry Wars or Resogun, my character automatically fires to the bottom left. I've tried the rotating method while powered off to re-centering them, but it doesn't seem to help.

How good is Sony about fixing stuff under warranty? I've only had it since December.

The right stick died on my 1000 after about 1.5 years. Since I was out of warranty, Sony offered to fix it for $130. I bought a new (used) one for $115; however, I imagine in warranty it would be pretty decent about fixing

i thought my credit card would protect my vita for another year.. I would have to send it in to get it fix for 150 bucks and then if the credit card thinks it was worth it they would give me my 150 back... For that type of risk i would just buy a new freaking system

i thought my credit card would protect my vita for another year.. I would have to send it in to get it fix for 150 bucks and then if the credit card thinks it was worth it they would give me my 150 back... For that type of risk i would just buy a new freaking system
So your credit card -would- protect your vita for another year, you just got overly concerned and wouldn't do it. There's no risk, it's just how their policy works.

Tried another Walmart in hopes of maybe a clearance vita tv bundle or those $11 games (especially ffx\x-2), but no luck. PSTV bundle still $70, and while this Walmart had more games than the others I've tried, didn't have those $11 games in stock, let alone cheap.

They did have Sly Thieves in Time for $10 and the Sly collection for $15. And I think ModNation Racers Roadtrip was $10, but maybe $15.

They also had Fifa, MLB(14?) and  Dungeon  Hunter Alliance all at $30.

Grabbed the Sly Collection, since it was the only one, but undecided at the moment.

shows sony given up on vita ..now to wait for 64s to fall under 50
That's the saddest thing of all, is that the Vita is getting tons of great games and interest overall is still pretty good, but SONY has pretty much thrown in the towel since day one. The memory card pricing is still fuck ridiculous, they NEVER seem to acknowledge the system even exist at most trade shows, and they have stopped making games for it.

It's almost like they wanted this to fail, so they could get some insurance money or something. The Vita's life has been like some bad 80's movie plot. But in spite of SONY's best efforts to derail and throw this handheld under the bus, it really seems to be flourishing right now. I hope the indies and 3rd parties continue to release games. And based on what the rest of the year looks like, I don't have to worry.

That's the saddest thing of all, is that the Vita is getting tons of great games and interest overall is still pretty good, but SONY has pretty much thrown in the towel since day one. The memory card pricing is still fuck ridiculous, they NEVER seem to acknowledge the system even exist at most trade shows, and they have stopped making games for it.

It's almost like they wanted this to fail, so they could get some insurance money or something. The Vita's life has been like some bad 80's movie plot. But in spite of SONY's best efforts to derail and throw this handheld under the bus, it really seems to be flourishing right now. I hope the indies and 3rd parties continue to release games. And based on what the rest of the year looks like, I don't have to worry.
not sure how much more this year i see i would buy got

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal today

looking at

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

thats about it for the vita for the rest of the year and with less told in 2016 i say it finally folds up in 2016 . i highly doubt we ever see another handheld from sony...

It's like they say, "the best way to get revenge is to succeed" and that's what Vita is doing to its neglectful company. I'm grateful that a whole generation of classic PS1 games are available to us on Vita

You can't really believe Sony purposely released the Vita to fail? No company ever has that intention, even Atari wanted Jaguar & Lynx to succeed but how long did they last? If you want to talk about failure you should look no further than the WiiU.

You can't really believe Sony purposely released the Vita to fail? No company ever has that intention, even Atari wanted Jaguar & Lynx to succeed but how long did they last? If you want to talk about failure you should look no further than the WiiU.
Coming from Sony ... yeah I can believe it. Remember, these are the same guys who gave the green light to the 2015 Fantastic 4 movie. This movie was made only because contractually Sony would have lost the licensed rights to Fantastic 4 if they didn't. End result was hot garbage with the worst rendition of Dr Doom that I've ever seen. [attachment=16637:2015-08-18 11.25.37.jpg][attachment=16637:2015-08-18 11.25.37.jpg][attachment=16638:2015-08-18 11.26.11.jpg][attachment=16639:2015-08-18 11.25.37.jpg]

[Dr. Doom]
All I can think of when I see that Dr. Doom is:

cryptroll.png

Well don't you see the resemblance?

Tried another Wal-Mart and this one actually had a couple copies of x/x-2 & gow, but both still $20. At $11 they'd be insta-buys for me, but @ $20 undecided, especially since I already have x/x-2 on ps4.

Just went to my local best buy to attempt a price match on the vita memory card and was told they only price match amazon, target, and wal mart. Going to call and ask another team member or manager and see if that's true or if something is going on.

[quote name="Disp0sable13" post="12872122" timestamp="1439918799"]Just went to my local best buy to attempt a price match on the vita memory card and was told they only price match amazon, target, and wal mart. Going to call and ask another team member or manager and see if that's true or if something is going on.[/quote]
Maybe the Kmart fiasco this past weekend scared them.

I'm just stating what it "appears" to look like. High memory card pricing, no mentions at any conventions after launch, pulling apps and features from PS store, the list goes on and on. Yeah, there have been tons of failures over the years that companies may not have foreseen, but at least the Wii U is constantly supported, and mentioned by "N" every chance they get. They promote it, they show it every chance they get, and they are always talking about it.

The Wiii U is at least failing with the best "N" has to offer, as sad as that may appear. But SONY isn't doing jack **** for the Vita, and it's not doing half bad. If SONY put forth half the effort that "N" does for the Wii U, we wound't even be having this discussion.

I'm just stating what it "appears" to look like. High memory card pricing, no mentions at any conventions after launch, pulling apps and features from PS store, the list goes on and on. Yeah, there have been tons of failures over the years that companies may not have foreseen, but at least the Wii U is constantly supported, and mentioned by "N" every chance they get. They promote it, they show it every chance they get, and they are always talking about it.

The Wiii U is at least failing with the best "N" has to offer, as sad as that may appear. But SONY isn't doing jack **** for the Vita, and it's not doing half bad. If SONY put forth half the effort that "N" does for the Wii U, we wound't even be having this discussion.
I think its great that the PS Vita isn't getting the huge public support like the PS4, this lets developers work/release games we normally wouldn't see. As for the apps, common are you telling me the PS Vita was your sole device to watch Youtube?

No matter how you try to paint it the WiiU is a failure.

I think its great that the PS Vita isn't getting the huge public support like the PS4, this lets developers work/release games we normally wouldn't see. As for the apps, common are you telling me the PS Vita was your sole device to watch Youtube?

Lol how is the vita not getting much support a good thing? to be honest i am sort of tired of the crappy jrpgs that have released out on it recently or just anime chicks in revealing clothing as games lol

I actually only use Youtube on my computer, and my cell phone from time to time. Not a huge issue for me, but others have complained. I was referring mostly to them scrapping the PS Mobile area, as I actually have several of those games, and depending on what happens to my Vita down the road, I may loose those titles at some point. That's just a BS move on the highest level.

At the end of the day, the Vita is doing well not because of anything SONY is doing, but because of everyone else. While I completely agree the Wii U is a HUGE failure, it is the complete opposite of the Vita in regards to 1st party support. The Wii U is only hanging on by a thread, because "N" refuses to throw in the towel. While it was DOA, they have fought the good fight, while SONY has just laid down and said fuck it right after launch.

I personally find the Vita to be 100% better than the Wii U, but with any kind of SONY love, it could be in a much better place. Sadly, there is nothing at this point that would save the Wii U(RIP). LOL

If I was ever going to label a company as wanting to fail, SONY would be it with the Vita. I saw the market crash in the early 80's, and I've seen everything in between, and while SONY may not be trying to fail deliberately, it damn sure looks that way based on their actions(or lack there of).

Lol how is the vita not getting much support a good thing? to be honest i am sort of tired of the crappy jrpgs that have released out on it recently or just anime chicks in revealing clothing as games lol
I didnt say "the vita is not getting much support" it is getting support, as for JRPGS also same can be said for the 3DS.

I actually only use Youtube on my computer, and my cell phone from time to time. Not a huge issue for me, but others have complained. I was referring mostly to them scrapping the PS Mobile area, as I actually have several of those games, and depending on what happens to my Vita down the road, I may loose those titles at some point. That's just a BS move on the highest level.

At the end of the day, the Vita is doing well not because of anything SONY is doing, but because of everyone else. While I completely agree the Wii U is a HUGE failure, it is the complete opposite of the Vita in regards to 1st party support. The Wii U is only hanging on by a thread, because "N" refuses to throw in the towel. While it was DOA, they have fought the good fight, while SONY has just laid down and said fuck it right after launch.

I personally find the Vita to be 100% better than the Wii U, but with any kind of SONY love, it could be in a much better place. Sadly, there is nothing at this point that would save the Wii U(RIP). LOL

If I was ever going to label a company as wanting to fail, SONY would be it with the Vita. I saw the market crash in the early 80's, and I've seen everything in between, and while SONY may not be trying to fail deliberately, it damn sure looks that way based on their actions(or lack there of).
Great points, as for the whole market crash I cant see the comparison as it two different events. Its been mentioned before the lack of huge 1st party line up on the PS4 especially when compared to previous consoles. I personally think the Vita is something Sony has to show to board members and stock holders that they have something for the mobile consoles. Also since the Vita isn't technically failing and pulls in a profit every quarter, even its a small, its a win win for Sony.

I never understood the significance of the Sony Mobile Market place, again that just felt like another part of the Vita that was there just for show. The only game I ever liked was "Oh Deer!" this game was perfect in every manner from the price to the quality of the game. As for the whole "losing my game down the road" yeah that is a big issue but that is one of the drawbacks with purchasing anything digital. You should take the time and read through the User Agreement for any digital service. I had to for a work project I was working on and I tell you it scary.

Great points, as for the whole market crash I cant see the comparison as it two different events.
I was just aging myself with that comment, and showing how I've seen the good and bad of video gaming over the last 35 years. Nothing to really do with "N" or SONY, although they both seem headed for a "crash" of some kind with their decision making processes of recent years. LOL

It's been pointed out before, The Vita does very well in Japan.. and pretty good in the EU, it's the US market the Vita doesn't do great in..

The Wii U is bad all around, but does better in the US market than at home in Japan.

The above is a large reason we get Indie and Japanese games on the Vita more than anything else. (and the fact Sony turned it's back on it)

I love my Vita, My Wii U gets here tomorrow (It should anyway..) I do own a N3DS XL now but beyond Puzzle and Dragons Z and Bravely Default.. I don't play it.

I'm not sure I understand how the WiiU is such a disaster from a gaming perspective. It's been a disaster sales-wise and has been a crappy successor to the Wii in terms of profit, but to be honest, I like the fact that it has a smaller audience similar to the Vita.

The lack of 3rd party support on the WiiU seems to be the primary reason most people consider it a failure, but in a strange way I feel like that is the reason I like it more. For one thing, you don't have mountains of shovelware everywhere like you did with the Wii. All of those crappy half-baked publishers aren't willing to take the risk to put out their garbage (which we don't need anyway) because of the smaller user base. 

What I feel like this has done is forced Nintendo themselves to "try harder" with their first party releases because they know they can't simply rest on their laurels. The majority of people buy Nintendo for their first party stuff anyway, right? Super Smash Bros on the WiiU is ridiculously good, far better than the Wii version was, and Super Mario 3D World is arguably the best Mario game since Mario 64. And I know there aren't a whole lot of new IP's (a common Nintendo gripe) but hopefully the recent success of Splatoon helps them reconsider that.

The Vita is great for some of the same reasons except it's the opposite in that it's being kept alive by some great Indie games and import releases while Sony is doing nothing. 

Did anybody else get Adventure Bar Labyrinth from Mobile before it closed down? I'm absolutely loving it. Great roguelike, and it's totally free. Gameplay-wise, it's actually better than Sorcery Saga (although that's not saying much).

I know we've talked about vita grips before, but I don't remember when.

Does anyone own and can recommend the nyko power grip? I've been playing my vita more trying to purge out some ps+ games and I'd like to get some grips for it so my hand doesn't cramp so quickly.

i have the PDP grip for the vita and its absolutely wonderful.  provides a nice wide grip, and the texture to it alleviates sweating too (which i have a problem with)

been able to play killzone, gravity rush, get off my lawn, etc for a long time with little to no issue.

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1440003521&sr=1-1&keywords=pdp+vita+grip

dont buy it from amazon at that price, i got it at gamestop for 10$, and an employee there actually had one for his vita and let me try it first for a few minutes on mine before making my decision.

i would suggest that one, but it may differ from user to user.

i have the PDP grip for the vita and its absolutely wonderful. provides a nice wide grip, and the texture to it alleviates sweating too (which i have a problem with)

been able to play killzone, gravity rush, get off my lawn, etc for a long time with little to no issue.

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1440003521&sr=1-1&keywords=pdp+vita+grip

dont buy it from amazon at that price, i got it at gamestop for 10$, and an employee there actually had one for his vita and let me try it first for a few minutes on mine before making my decision.

I have the PDP grip too, and I lke it. The only issue I had with mine is that, it didn't fit quite as tightly as needed, so would "pop out" from the Vita sometimes (in the lower left or right areas of the grip). I solved that by wedging a small splinter of wood (actually, the end of a stimudent toothpick), in the upper right area of the case, right next to the volume up button. After I did that, the case fit tightly and never popped off.

Some other people have complained about the triggers on the PDP case, that they can scratch the actual Vita triggers. A solution to that was mentioned, which was to glue small felt pads to the inside of the PDP triggers, where they contact the Vita triggers. I haven't done that yet, but am planning to.

Remember that there are two different versions of the grip, one for the older 1000 model Vita, and one for the newer 2000 model. The older grip is much harder to find, whereas the newer one is more common.

Yesterday I saw Angry Birds Star Wars and Fifa 14 for $8.90 each at Toys R Us. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned. They were in a bin with other cheap games. They weren't preowned.

Remember that there are two different versions of the grip, one for the older 1000 model Vita, and one for the newer 2000 model. The older grip is much harder to find, whereas the newer one is more common.
I was just going to post the same thing. I stumbled on to a 1000 one by pure luck. I was so glad to get it at that price. I haven't seen it available at about 10 other Gamestop stores I've visited. Just about all the others had the 2000 model though.

[quote name="Disp0sable13" post="12874138" timestamp="1440003615"]i have the PDP grip for the vita and its absolutely wonderful. provides a nice wide grip, and the texture to it alleviates sweating too (which i have a problem with)

[/quote]
Thanks! I'll take a look at it.

shows sony given up on vita ..now to wait for 64s to fall under 50
They are closing their online store. They are clearancing stuff, including some ps4 games. Has nothing to do with the vita.

Even if it was just a sale on their store, I still don't see how a sale would be any indication that they've 'given up'. fucking ridiculous jumping to conclusions. I mean, sure, i agree they aren't supporting it like it's a mega-seller, but trying to tie closing their online store down to them giving up on the vita is just nonsense.

Coming from Sony ... yeah I can believe it. Remember, these are the same guys who gave the green light to the 2015 Fantastic 4 movie. This movie was made only because contractually Sony would have lost the licensed rights to Fantastic 4 if they didn't. End result was hot garbage with the worst rendition of Dr Doom that I've ever seen. 2015-08-18 11.25.37.jpg 2015-08-18 11.25.37.jpg 2015-08-18 11.26.11.jpg 2015-08-18 11.25.37.jpg
This happens -all- the time in the film/tv industry. A recent example was someone making a Wheel of Time pilot for like $5 and airing it on some no-name cable channel at midnight.... let me look it up:

http://io9.com/the-real-story-about-that-wheel-of-time-pilot-that-aire-1684773094

That has everything to do with licensing and rights, and while goofy as fuck from an outsiders perspective, makes complete sense when you're wrapped up in thick contracts. It has literally -nothing- to do with the Vita's situation.

They stopped making games for it because we didn't buy them. Killzone, Tearaway, etc all flopped hard. They noticed we were buying indies and localizations, so they changed their strategy and starting working to get those on the device. That isn't giving up, or throwing it under the bus... it's smart.

The reason we are "getting tons of great games" is in large part because Sony pushed really hard for them and helped create a minor vita renaissance. It's odd to me that people want to blame sony for not making games that don't sell and instead getting us the games that do. They kept trying with games like KZM long after they knew it was pointless... getting upset with them for changing stride seems pointless to me. Now, had they not pushed for indies and localizations and just straight given up? Yeah, then I'd be upset. But instead, like you said, we have hundreds of games announced and the vita has a long life ahead.

Is it perfect? Of course not. We all want both. But we didn't actually buy AAA games. That's on us, not sony... Killzone Mercs and Tearaway were both fantastic.

As for memory card pricing, that is what it is. It's the cost of not having economies of scale with large production runs, combined with them subsidizing the cost of the vita by making more profit off the cards.

RE: PSMobile -- nobody bought these games, and many vita owners didn't even know what PSM was until Sony announced they were shutting it down. Most vita owners probably still don't know that PSM was even a thing. Sure, we lost some cool games... but the closure makes sense.

RE: Youtube -- google stopped supporting an old version... some smart tvs and other devices also lost youtube. I wish it was updated too... though it's not like I ever used it. This is the price paid when a device isn't as successful as we might have wanted, but it's certainly not the end of the world. Last time I checked I could still watch youtube on vita via direct links... need to check again to verify though.

Interesting handheld sales trivia - The Vita line of handhelds has the 2nd highest overall sales for any non-Nintendo handheld, while the 3DS is the worst-selling line of Nintendo handhelds. 

It's true that the Vita might have been outsold by the 3DS, but it's not a dead handheld. It has quite a few more worthwhile exclusives than the PS4, which is priced at exactly double the Vita's MSRP.

Did anybody else get Adventure Bar Labyrinth from Mobile before it closed down? I'm absolutely loving it. Great roguelike, and it's totally free. Gameplay-wise, it's actually better than Sorcery Saga (although that's not saying much).
are they working again off line. i got them last year and all of a sudden you had to be ONLINE to play them

Interesting handheld sales trivia - The Vita line of handhelds has the 2nd highest overall sales for any non-Nintendo handheld, while the 3DS is the worst-selling line of Nintendo handhelds.
That bit of trivia sounds cool, until you realize that once you remove the Nintendo handhelds from that scope of comparison you are basically just saying the Vita has the second best sales out of the likes of PSP, Lynx, NeoGeoPocket, and GameGear.

How about a game deal.

Importers

Play-Asia has a coupon code MUSOU420SLICEIT for $5 off preordering the English Version of Samurai Warriors 4-II.

The game is digital only in the US for Vita so this is a great way to pick up the retail version and save memory card space.

I pre-ordered a copy today.

Weekly Deal

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess for $29.99 (again only available digital on Vita in the US)
I would order this too but I have Deception IV Blood Ties for Vita and I have not yet played it so I am going to wait on this one. Plus I may get it on PS4 instead.

bread's done
Back