PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not... I managed to finish the first one... I could not bring myself to finish the 2nd one... it was really obvious to spot the killers before the trial... and the big twists aren't big twists at all as there's always a giveaway..
Ramen Kirigiri is disappointed.

5%28115%29.png

I loved it, and I thought the big twists were more realistic than Zero Escape's. The mysteries were mostly there so you would be able to figure out the trials, so there were parts that were very obvious. But those aren't the twists.

Also, I thought the first one had a more interesting cast of characters, while the second one had a lot of flat character, but better overall story.

Edit: I pretty much never recommend it, unless the person's already a fan of visual novels. Because I know it's a niche within a niche.

The Zero Escape games are some of the best VNs ever made.. so yeah of course they'll be better than Danganronpa and they're easier to recommend to people that haven't played VNs because they're so great. Still the Danganronpas are great if you like the theme/atmosphere.

The Target near me had Tekken vs street fighter reduced to 70% today but everything else was still only 50%. Weird considering none of them even have clearance stickers or anything, just sitting on the shelf with full price tags.

The Target near me had Tekken vs street fighter reduced to 70% today but everything else was still only 50%. Weird considering none of them even have clearance stickers or anything, just sitting on the shelf with full price tags.
When did Tekken vs Street Fighter come out?

i'm being sarcastic...

Yeah, that's kind of annoying. The shelves are just the ones that Lowes and Home Depot carry (I have a mix of them from the two stores because when I built my shelving unit I had to buyout the entire inventory of about 6 different Lowes and Home Depots around me in order to get enough). I'm using the 72" shelves. At some point I might add another column of supports in the middle, right now I'm only using two per shelf.

What brand/size/configuration are you using?
i am so jealous that you know how to do that. I plan on making my own book shelf for my collection at some point when I have the cash since my rooms starting to overflow with boxes full of games and I at the very least need a better way to organize the ones I've played and the ones I haven't.

Does anyone have or able to get a copy of Ultimate Mavel vs Capcom from target?  I would buy or pick up something from my target you might not have in your area and do a trade. Please PM me if able to help. 

Stopped by a farther Target today and they were at 70% clearance (oddly no clearance stickers though). Picked up Street Fighter x Tekken for $12, Rayman Legends for $9, Super Monkey Ball for $6 (don't really want this one, but for $6 it gets added to the collection), and Dungeon Hunters Alliance for $9. I will return the DHA I picked up last week for $15.

Funny thing with Rayman, brickseek said this store wouldn't have any in stock but they had 2. The aisle price scanner rang it as "item not found". I asked the cashier to scan it and it showed $0, lol. Of course they wouldn't give it to me for free. After they struggled talking with electronics for a while, they agreed to give me 70% off the original price like the rest of the games I picked up.

I hit two Targets, one was still at 50%, the other was down to 70%. Bought BL2 ($12) and NGS2 ($6) even though neither is supposed to be a great port. Will have to go back to the first store to get Killzone and Minecraft whenever they get around to updating their prices.

i am so jealous that you know how to do that. I plan on making my own book shelf for my collection at some point when I have the cash since my rooms starting to overflow with boxes full of games and I at the very least need a better way to organize the ones I've played and the ones I haven't.
These shelves are modular. The only remotely challenging part is mounting the support bar at the top. Then the vertical columns are hung on that, and the shelves are attached to the vertical columns.

This is way different than Wiggyx building his whole shelf from plywood.

These shelves are modular. The only remotely challenging part is mounting the support bar at the top. Then the vertical columns are hung on that, and the shelves are attached to the vertical columns.

This is way different than Wiggyx building his whole shelf from plywood.
Mine doesn't even have the support bar. I just have my vertical tracks screwed right into my wall studs. If you can work a level, a stud finder, and a drill you're good to go.

This is all the hardware in my setup:

Single Track Mounting (these attach to your wall)

Shelf Mounts (these slot into the track mounting and support your shelves

Shelves (I've found 8" width seems to be best for)

Brickseek said a store in my area had 3 MGS HD, but unfortunately not. I did however find a PS4-COD:AW Titan Pro for $47 and a regular Atlas for $27, which I picked up. Not sure if that was a good deal at all.

just used brick sek to look up lego batman 2, lego marvel, and rayman legends, didnt have super monkey ball listed, got the prices from the website, called ahead and had them set aside and when i arrived they were still the standard clearance (50$ in total for the 4 of them)

call of duty for the vita was still marked at 35$ clearance price.

Vita games were 70% off at my two closest Targets.  Got a bunch, will try to post them later.  They still had the old prices on them but scanned for the new lower price.

The Target clerk, when he saw me buying the Vita games, said "well at least someone is buying them.  Those have been sitting there forever."  I guess this forum makes it seem like Vita is more popular than it is to the general public.

^Well they're getting uncleared out for a reason. The whole vita section at my local target was 3 games in the clearance section.

if anyone can manage to snag any extra vita titles (ill list down below)  ill be glad to buy them, the targets nearby arent budging on the price drops yet and im wanting to grab a few for the holes in my collection.

Lego batman 2 or 3

lego marvel

lego chima

any other lego games i missed

tearaway

super monkey ball

rayman legends

send me a PM if this is something youd be interested in, willing to spend a little more just to get them.

There is a lot of denial in this thread right now.
The Target clerk, when he saw me buying the Vita games, said "well at least someone is buying them. Those have been sitting there forever." I guess this forum makes it seem like Vita is more popular than it is to the general public.
So I don't derail the topic, I have to add that I picked up FFX/X-2 remaster for $20 at Fry's which was the standard price for a while. I had just assumed it would stay $20 forever and could wait but neither Gamestop, Amazon or any of the retailers have it stock.

I saw Ridge Racer, COD, and Walking Dead Season 2 on clearance at Target today.

Brickseeker says Rayman Legends is 0 Saleable, but 1 on Hand at my local Store. Does that mean they have a copy in the back? Am i outta luck? 

Walked to a Target down the street from my office at lunch got:

Assassin's Creed III Liberation : $8.98

Freedom Wars : $8.98

Lumines : $8.98

Thanks to Target I have been able to add 16 games cheaply to my collection.

I doubt anyone can grab them but I don't have any Targets near me but would like to grab the following, maybe a few others I'm forgetting.

MGS HD
Rayman HD
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Of course I'd pay shipping and tax.

Picked up:

Killzone Mercenary

Rayman Legends

Call of Duty: Declassified

Ridge Racer

Lego Chima

They still had when I left:

Call of Duty: Declassified (3x)

MLB: The Show 15 (1x)

Lumines (2x)

Assassin's Creed: Liberation (2x)

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (1x)

Lego Chimi (1x)

Rayman Legends (1x)

Tearaway (3x)

Killzone Mercenary (2x)

Everything was marked down 70%

This was all at the Target on McClintock and Baseline (phx area)

If anyone can pick me up a Killzone that is 70% off I'll buy it plus shipping. My nearest Target had like 15 copies last week and today they had none.

Also if anyone could also pick me up a MGS HD collection if it has the 70%. Thanks.

If anyone can pick me up a Killzone that is 70% off I'll buy it plus shipping. My nearest Target had like 15 copies last week and today they had none.

Also if anyone could also pick me up a MGS HD collection if it has the 70%. Thanks.
Sonds like a Hoarder/Flipper/SDer got to that KZ batch before you could even get one copy. Very sad.

EDIT: Did you check inventory using brickseek? Maybe an employee put them in the back, off-floor somewhere?

If anyone still has the following games around them at 70% off, please PM me. Willing to pay through PayPal or trade with reputable CAGs, don't mind sending payment/game(s) first.

:vita: Assassin's Creed III Liberation

:vita: Freedom Wars

:vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma+

:vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+

:vita: Rayman Legends

I've got the following at my local store:

:vita: Killzone Mercenary x1 (still 50% off, waiting for 70%)

:psp: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker x4 (70% off)

:vita: Minecraft x2 (70% off)

:psp: Secret Agent Clank/Daxter Dual Pack x4 (70% off)

:psp: Syphon Filter Dark Mirror/SOCOM Fireteam Bravo Dual Pack x4 (70% off)

I know this is kind of pushing the limits of deal discussion, but I'm afraid that the Target trade thread is basically dead.

Hmm sounds like maybe i should check out Target. They kept having super monky ball when everyone else said it was clearance but it kept ringing up for $20. Odds are its gone now though

Thanks guys.

Most of my doubles are variants. For the libraries that I am trying to complete (or have completed) I go for complete sets including game variants. For example, my Jaguar set is 100% complete and factory sealed - including all cover art variants (e.g. North American & European for Power Drive Rally, standard/Limited Edition for all the Telegames tites, etc).

Of the stuff shown in that picture specifically, the Lunar 2 (PS1) copies have different disk art variants, the PS1 longbox duplicates are different longbox case style variants (i.e. jewel case vs. cardboard, vs. black plastic), on Raiden Project (PS1) two of them are the rare mispressed disk where the game is actually Kileak, etc. For Vita, specifically however, the couple dupes are CEs that I got good deals on so I picked up a second one to keep sealed (or to trade off down the road). And then there's Gravity Rush which I have two of simply because I forgot to update my game collection mobile app (I use CLZ Games) and accidentally bought a second one one day.
Nice collection. Yea Lunar 2 has like 4 or 5 variants i think doesnt it? I have a few myself. Love dem PS1 longboxes, lol.

Actually i need to finish getting my collection organized. Its really big and messy right now. I had some custom shelves built but have kind of filled them up. I have a closet under the stairs thats just for this crap and a bunch in my room and some in the hall and im not sure if it will actually fit all my stuff. Biggest issue i have is figuring out what to put where. SO many different sizes. When you throw in the CE's, extra systems, and the fact that im a bit nuts and usually get multiple copies of several games im really not sure what to put where. I need someone more organizationally oriented to help me figure it out >_<

Not sure how many here collect old games (I saw the photos of the collections posted earlier) but I learned back in the SNES era that if you wanted an rpg you pretty much had to just go ahead and buy it. Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, and all that jazz still demand nearly as much now as they did 25 years ago and that's for loose copies.

Don't know that PS Vita games will ever get that much of a cult following but the rpg's wiil inevitably be more scarce than anything else.
Is it just me or have retro games gotten ridiculous on ebay? I stopped buying them about 4 years ago or so and checked on a few i passed on back then and the prices have almost doubled on some of them. Is there some fad going on or have they really gotten that high?

bread's done
Back