PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I'm looking to get Soul Sacrifice on the PSN store, but I noticed there's a Delta version. Is the Delta version a sequel or is it like a GoTY version of Soul Sacrifice?

Would you recommend I get the delta over the original?
Black Friday is around the corner and this is CAG, SSD was $5 maybe in February and the SS cart has been $6-8 often

I was able to pick up Metal Gear solid HD, Borderlands 2, and AC 3 liberation. Willing to trade for or buy:

Ninja Gaiden

minecraft

jak and daxter

sly cooper

need for speed

street fighter x tekken

rayman legends
Already off loaded MGS HD. Still looking to trade Borderlands 2 and AC 3 for any of the following.

Ninja Gaiden

Jak and daxter

Sly cooper

Need for speed

Rayman legends

So this is a thing...my order of Danganronpa 2 from Jet, which formerly said "fulfilled by Buy.com" and still hasn't shipped, now says "Fulfilled by A Jet Concierge found your item at Frys.com". Apparently this is actually a thing they do - having their employees basically just buy you the thing from another store. I guess I don't care as long as I get what I paid for but seriously, wut.
Interesting. I wonder if they use their own algorithms to select online sellers, or if online retailers need to 'sign up' to be on Jet. If they do need to sign up, there's a chance there's an established 'fine' if they can't make good to cover Jet doing this. Though really, I'm sure it's a tiny minority of orders that require this; it's nice that they do it though.

[quote name="ScottBigGame" post="12952846" timestamp="1444006108"]Anyone able to get God of War collection? Willing to Paypal.[/quote]
I'm currently playing it right now but not really loving it. I may be willing to part with it.

Interesting. I wonder if they use their own algorithms to select online sellers, or if online retailers need to 'sign up' to be on Jet. If they do need to sign up, there's a chance there's an established 'fine' if they can't make good to cover Jet doing this. Though really, I'm sure it's a tiny minority of orders that require this; it's nice that they do it though.
Someone posted this earlier,

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/this-is-jet-coms-very-weird-and-costly-way-to-compete-with-amazon-on-day-one/

With a lot of the physical retailers not doing well, or flat out in trouble, I hope Jet, or another company can catch on. Competition is good for the consumer and while I like Amazon it's not in our best interest for them to be the only "store in town".

Amazon is already head and shoulders in the lead and it's going to take massive money for someone to step up and compete.

This sale has it's own thread, but I figured I'd toss it in here too.

GoHastings is having a 1-day 40% off sale when you buy 3 or more used games - CODE: PASSITON.

They have a pretty decent selection of Vita titles in stock.  I grabbed a stack of them to fill in a few gaps in my collection.   Shipping fees are crappy though, so it may not be much of a deal unless you order a bunch of titles.  

http://www.gohastings.com/browse/GAME/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2459+2469+2343+3631/departmentName/GAME.uts 

Amazon is almost always losing money and it doesn't seem to slow them down.
Well their "main" business always operates on razor thin margins and probably is often in the red. They do so many other things that they are huge in and make a ton off of (hosting an increasingly large chunk of the internet for example).

Amazon is almost always losing money and it doesn't seem to slow them down.
Since the beginning of 2012 AMZN is basically break-even in terms of net income.

Most of the reason that they aren't much better than that is the money they spend on R&D, much of which has been a huge sink hole thus far (e.g., Fire phone). Last quarter they announced that they are scaling back device R&D spend, which will help their net income immensely.

In terms of overall gross margin, AMZN is actually pretty sound - in each of the last three fiscal years their gross margin % has been increasing at a pretty good clip (16% in 2012, 27% in 2013, and 29% in 2014). Granted, a lot of this is driven by their Amazon Web Services business which is absolutely killing it. But the days of Amazon not producing bottom-line net income are probably over.

Thanks for the reminder. Grabbed one.... well, actually, I grabbed 3 in the hopes that an order of 3 would end up shipping in a box rather than being stuffed into a flimsy bubble mailer envelope.
Really 3? I'm curious to know how limited the Launch edition will be.. You guys don't think best buy will have any at the store for a few days ?

Reminder that Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Launch Edition comes out Tuesday and includes a soundtrack CD and special outer box for Vita version. I ordered from BB with GCU for $24 ($20 thanks to a $5 cert): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-launch-edition-ps-vita/3512743.p
I wonder how limited the launch edition will be since its only 29.99.. Man I usually wait for games like this to drop in price, but even 29 bucks is a okay deal since it comes with outter box+ soundtrack..

I wonder how limited the launch edition will be since its only 29.99.. Man I usually wait for games like this to drop in price, but even 29 bucks is a okay deal since it comes with outter box+ soundtrack..
It'll probably be the only physical release the game gets, which I think will be hard to find sooner rather than later due to the time it's releasing and by being a niche game for Vita and PS3. I went ahead and pre-ordered a copy from Best Buy as well, after GCU and my rewards certs it ended up being under $15 for me. I really don't see this getting released without the special packaging though, but I think it will be a difficult one to find within a year for sure. Physical Vita games are going to get harder and harder to get. Seems like most B&M stores are no longer carrying new releases for Vita and they are slowly clearance out the product that they do have, with the exception of Gamestop.

Really 3? I'm curious to know how limited the Launch edition will be.. You guys don't think best buy will have any at the store for a few days ?
Yeah, previous order history tells me that two isn't enough for them to not squish them both into a single bubble mailer (with predictable results). Ordering three typically is enough to get the order to ship in a box, then I just return the two extras next time I'm passing a best buy.

Suddenly Jet is everywhere.  Got a flier in the mail from them the day before I had ordered (still waiting for it to ship) and realized it after the fact, then tonight I saw a TV ad.

It'll probably be the only physical release the game gets, which I think will be hard to find sooner rather than later due to the time it's releasing and by being a niche game for Vita and PS3. I went ahead and pre-ordered a copy from Best Buy as well, after GCU and my rewards certs it ended up being under $15 for me. I really don't see this getting released without the special packaging though, but I think it will be a difficult one to find within a year for sure. Physical Vita games are going to get harder and harder to get. Seems like most B&M stores are no longer carrying new releases for Vita and they are slowly clearance out the product that they do have, with the exception of Gamestop.
It might be the only physical release, but remember that the game itself is already outdated. An updated version called Ignition was already announced for Japan before any North American version was dated or released. In fact, two new characters were just revealed just the other day for that version.

Never got any updates on my Jet order but just got a notification from UPS that I have a package from Buy.com (who was fulfilling it) arriving Wednesday so I assume that's it.

Never got any updates on my Jet order but just got a notification from UPS that I have a package from Buy.com (who was fulfilling it) arriving Wednesday so I assume that's it.
No email yet or any changes on Jet.com but signed into ups.com and it's there. I like that they shipped it out fast.

I have 1 extra sealed Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus if anyone would like to trade for something I wasn't able to find or anything else really. Would be interested in MGS HD, Ys, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc.

Does anyone know how much Ys: Memories of Celceta CE is worth? I am looking to buy it and want to know what a good deal on it would be.
I just looked and apparently you can buy all the extras on their own. :rofl:
Wow. I thought you were joking at first.

The Silver edition includes:

- Game ($20 on XSEED)

- CD ($10)

- Cloth Map ($5)

- Compass ($5)

- Journal ($5)

So $45 total...or $70 on eBay if you want the flimsy box. FYI, GS converted these to used many months ago, but there's always a chance one of the stores has a dusty copy in a drawer. Vita games aren't exactly big sellers.

http://www.xseedgames.com/store.php#merch

In case anyone wanted Senran Kagura from Jet it's back in stock.
Thanks, Eld. Made a second Jet account and picked one up with the "15OFFNOW" code ($15 off first order of $35 or more) so I can keep my original copy sealed. I'll probably sell or trade the extras from this copy. If anyone is just looking for the extras and interested in a trade of some sort, shoot me a PM.

FYI for anyone who might be looking, the $30 GiltCity promo is dead.

Wow. I thought you were joking at first.

The Silver edition includes:

- Game ($20 on XSEED)

- CD ($10)

- Cloth Map ($5)

- Compass ($5)

- Journal ($5)

So $45 total...or $70 on eBay if you want the flimsy box. FYI, GS converted these to used many months ago, but there's always a chance one of the stores has a dusty copy in a drawer. Vita games aren't exactly big sellers.

http://www.xseedgames.com/store.php#merch
I'm kinda glad I was lucky to find one of those on clearance at Gamestop last year.

Got an email this morning from Best Buy indicating the Vita release of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Launch Edition has been delayed.  The email says "Get it by: Wed, Oct 28th".  I don't know if they automatically calculate the date based on the shipping method I picked or what, but it looks like end of the month instead of this week.

Got an email this morning from Best Buy indicating the Vita release of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Launch Edition has been delayed. The email says "Get it by: Wed, Oct 28th".
Weird, mine shipped this morning and still shows in stock on BB.

PS3 version sold out. Wonder how long Vita version will last.

Jet.com just sent me an email that they shipped my order of Senran Kagura. That's my second order using the same credit card and same address. I was a bit worried that they would cancel it.

Jet.com just sent me an email that they shipped my order of Senran Kagura. That's my second order using the same credit card and same address. I was a bit worried that they would cancel it.
My guess is Jet would be thrilled if you created a bunch of different accounts and placed orders with each of them. As a relative newcomer to the market, they are in the active user base growth stage. At this stage of their existence, all investors (and potential investors) are looking for is hockey stick growth in their user base.

I should clarify that by "user base" I mean accounts, because that's likely how they measure it.

Looking at reviews for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, everything I read seemed to indicate the actual fighting gameplay is a bit dumbed down.  For example the inputs for doing moves and specials and stuff are the same for every single character.  Learn one, you learn them all.  Maybe this takes out some of the complexity that a more main stream fighter would have and would make it more accessible to more people... but to me part of the fun is figuring out which character fits my style the best and figuring out how to counter each characters moves.   Here it's more just picking cosmetics than picking movesets since the actual gameplay seems to be reduced down to spamming the same general moves over and over to stay in control.

I'll be interested though to see what y'all think.  Hopefully some folks here actually play the game.  If it turns out more complex than the reviews let on then I'm probably going to get interested in it despite the Ignition version already basically replacing this version.  Maybe Ignition will be dlc.

Hit a Target store last night because i was near one while out of town (we don't have one locally) and managed to find some of the fabled vita retail games clearance priced.  I expected that store would be picked clean, but nope.  I am only buying what I want to actually own and play that I don't own digitally, so I didn't buy everything they had.  I ended up with Super Monkey Ball $6, Walking Dead Season 2 $9, and Lumines $9.  With tax and all it was just over $26.  Not bad at all.  Now I'm up to 5 physical retail games (all sealed still) in my Vita collection, the other two being P4G & FF X-X2 (both of which I paid $20 each).  I plan to buy a system sometime soon since some games even with the whitelist hack won't work well on my PSTV and even some that do I think would be better in portable form.

I plan to buy some more retail Vita games soon.  My local walmart has a few games marked down that I actually want (one of which is cheaper through the website and site-to-store) and I've built a list of stuff from Amazon I want.   I'm avoiding Gamestop for the most part but I do want to grab the exclusive retail version of One Piece Unlimited World Red as it looks like something I'd enjoy and is $20.  Maybe even Tales of Hearts R.

I want to say that I appreciate those here that have been posting about finding deals.  That Target deal was too good to pass up and had I not read about other people finding good deals I never would have bothered let alone scoured the electronics to find that one special shelf with those games.  I think Saturday I'll be going out of town for the day and will be near a bunch of other target stores... I may just plan a route so I can hit them all.

Second Jet order on the way. 

Also was able to pick up Tales of Hearts R complete for $15. Looking on Ebay it looks like I got a decent deal on it.

I did the same thing, and I'm waiting for my games to arrive! Happy didn't receive a cancellation email from them.

Looking at reviews for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, everything I read seemed to indicate the actual fighting gameplay is a bit dumbed down. For example the inputs for doing moves and specials and stuff are the same for every single character. Learn one, you learn them all. Maybe this takes out some of the complexity that a more main stream fighter would have and would make it more accessible to more people... but to me part of the fun is figuring out which character fits my style the best and figuring out how to counter each characters moves. Here it's more just picking cosmetics than picking movesets since the actual gameplay seems to be reduced down to spamming the same general moves over and over to stay in control.

I'll be interested though to see what y'all think. Hopefully some folks here actually play the game. If it turns out more complex than the reviews let on then I'm probably going to get interested in it despite the Ignition version already basically replacing this version. Maybe Ignition will be dlc.

Hit a Target store last night because i was near one while out of town (we don't have one locally) and managed to find some of the fabled vita retail games clearance priced. I expected that store would be picked clean, but nope. I am only buying what I want to actually own and play that I don't own digitally, so I didn't buy everything they had. I ended up with Super Monkey Ball $6, Walking Dead Season 2 $9, and Lumines $9. With tax and all it was just over $26. Not bad at all. Now I'm up to 5 physical retail games (all sealed still) in my Vita collection, the other two being P4G & FF X-X2 (both of which I paid $20 each). I plan to buy a system sometime soon since some games even with the whitelist hack won't work well on my PSTV and even some that do I think would be better in portable form.

I plan to buy some more retail Vita games soon. My local walmart has a few games marked down that I actually want (one of which is cheaper through the website and site-to-store) and I've built a list of stuff from Amazon I want. I'm avoiding Gamestop for the most part but I do want to grab the exclusive retail version of One Piece Unlimited World Red as it looks like something I'd enjoy and is $20. Maybe even Tales of Hearts R.

I want to say that I appreciate those here that have been posting about finding deals. That Target deal was too good to pass up and had I not read about other people finding good deals I never would have bothered let alone scoured the electronics to find that one special shelf with those games. I think Saturday I'll be going out of town for the day and will be near a bunch of other target stores... I may just plan a route so I can hit them all.
Sadly I figured Dengeki Bunko would be a mediocre fighter at best. I only pre-ordered it because it's a Vita game and it was cheap, I'll definitely play it though. I'm going to pick up Transformers Devastation after work today, so I don't know when I will actually play it.

Guess I'll try out a second account then. There's actually some decent deals for brands of toothpaste and other stuff that Costco doesn't carry.

bread's done
Back