PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got myself a Vita ($98, with 8GB!, used)

Looking for good RPG games ... not a big fan of super anime stuff.

Like games like Fire Emblem, Tactics, Final Fantasy, etc.

Any suggestions?
Persona 4 Golden is probably regarded as the best RPG on the Vita and you can get it for cheap so that's a good place to start. You get a lot of bang for your buck too - it has hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Also if you like Tactics games you should take a look at the Disgaea series. It is by far the most polished tactical JRPG series still releasing titles.

Any suggestions?
A list of other quality titles that aren't anime shovelware, all of which I'd personally recommend (bolded are my favorites):

Child of Light

Gravity Rush

Ninja Gaiden Sigma +

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Muramasa Rebirth

Rayman Legends

Rayman Origins

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Tearaway

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Everyone and their mother loves Persona, but I've personally never been a fan. If you don't like games with corny anime writing then stay FAR away from the series.

If you want another tactics-based JRPG to play then you owe it to yourself to try Disgaea, as it is by far the most rewarding (gameplay-wise) of any game in the entire genre. While I would consider it to be an anime game, it's satirical and self-aware rather than corny and cringe-worthy as most anime stuff ends up being. Very entertaining game, and it's not fanservicey at all compared to Fire Emblem: Awakening. You can just start with Disgaea 4, which is probably the most entertaining entry in the series (haven't played 5 yet).

I'd also recommend Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together for SRPG fans, but that's a PSP game.

Persona 4 Golden is probably regarded as the best RPG on the Vita and you can get it for cheap so that's a good place to start. You get a lot of bang for your buck too - it has hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Also if you like Tactics games you should take a look at the Disgaea series. It is by far the most polished tactical JRPG series still releasing titles.
Thanks. Played the Disgaea series way back when it first came out on PS2. Got a few of them on release. But the series has grown stale for me.

Any other tactics games you can recommend?

Thanks. Played the Disgaea series way back when it first came out on PS2. Got a few of them on release. But the series has grown stale for me.

Tactics Ogre: LUCT is phenomenal. The PSP remake of FFT is solid as well, although the slowdown is unbearable if you played the original. There are quite a few other decent PS1 titles too (Front Mission 3 and Arc the Lad 2/3).

Any suggestions?
I suggest Child of Light. I've been playing that a lot lately and really enjoying it. Plus it isn't an anime RPG which is something you are looking for.

If you like action RPG games, I have great praise for Soul Sacrifice Delta. Have sunk hundreds of hours into that game and the first game.

Just came back from the Toys R Us near my work, and they must be injecting the game cases with gold because their prices are horrible...

I've played a bunch of the following, others are in my 'to play' backlog. I'm not going to rate all of them because it's so dependent on what you find engaging about a game... but all are probably worth researching.

native vita -

Natural Doctrine -- crushed by reviewers for various reasons, but is my favorite srpg of all time. Fantastically unique and complex combat system. some hate it, some swear by it. it certainly requires figuring out a very unique combat system if you want to have a chance w/ it.

Frozen Synapse -- slightly different genre, but still worth checking out

Rainbow Moon -- sort of a western take on a jrpg with sort-of-srpg style combat. Grindy if you let it be, but not as bad as some make it out to be unless you 'need' to max everything [ocd that is, you don't need to just to play].

PSP/PS1 --

Tactics Ogre: LUCT - debatedly the best of genre
Jeanne D'Arc -- a near perfect 'beginner' srpg, worth playing even if you aren't a beginner

Valkyria Chronicles 2 -- not as good as #1, but still worthwhile

Yggdra Union -- really interesting take on the genre, with all of Sting's uniqueness. Combat is sort of squad based.

Arc the Lad series is more of a JRPG with a more interesting, tactical approach to combat than most.

Along those lines, Trails in the Sky (and the related vita games coming relatively soon) also are basically jrpgs with topdown srpg style combat, ranged attacks, etc.

Others you may be interested in and should do research on:

Ragnarok Tactics

Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time (very interesting combat system, free movement, sort of time based)

Wild Arms XF

Gungnir (by Sting)

Blazing Souls Accelate

Front Mission 3

Phantom Brave (nis and feels likeit)

Tom Clancy's Endwar -- unlike the console version, this is more like advance wars.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms (not a srpg at all, but... as long as i'm making lists)

I suggest Child of Light. I've been playing that a lot lately and really enjoying it. Plus it isn't an anime RPG which is something you are looking for.

If you like action RPG games, I have great praise for Soul Sacrifice Delta. Have sunk hundreds of hours into that game and the first game.
Child of Light was good. The art style was it's best feature, but otherwise it was a great rpg for people like me who aren't very good at them or don't have the patience to deal with incredibly complex skill attribute screens and statistics.

I'm working on Tearaway now and am considering starting up on Persona 4 when that's done, but I haven't bought it yet. I may instead go play the $5 lego hobbit I found at TRU while waiting for a cheaper price on Persona.

Best to just wait for PSN sales (at least for PS1 and PSP titles) then look up reviews or ask for recommendations. You can amass a sizable, quality library at reasonable prices that way if you are willing to wait. Over the 2 years since I bought a PSP GO and then later a vita I've been able to get most of the items on my wishlist on sale.

Went to an out of the way Wal*Mart near where I work before coming home tonight. Found in there "bargain price" game bin Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for $10.00.

They actually had six different titles in their game case which is just unheard of, one original 1000 series Wi-Fi model non-bundle Vita, several PS TV's, and several PS TV Wal*Mart Exclusive Bundles, all of which when asked for pricing (as none of the systems were marked) came up at original MSRP.

Walking Dead season 2 is down under 10 bucks again on Amazon ($9.10). I know it got down to 7 bucks once and is 6.99 at Best Buy but no store in my area has any stock. The current price is cheaper than Target's clearance price when you could find it as well.

The problem is that season 1 has been at $15 for several weeks now and has not budged.

Use the cloud saves. Upload then download.
Open the Content Manager app to the start screen but don't hit start, chose the button called "Copy Content", select "Online Storage". It should all be self explanatory from there. Just read the options. If you don't have PS+ then there are other options though I haven't tried them.
But as i said, doesn't the cloud storage stuff have a stupid 24 hour hold on it? That would make it pretty useless for quick swapping my saves between PSTV and Vita when ping ponging back and forth playing Tales

But as i said, doesn't the cloud storage stuff have a stupid 24 hour hold on it? That would make it pretty useless for quick swapping my saves between PSTV and Vita when ping ponging back and forth playing Tales
No and I don't think it ever has. I've literally hit the button on my Vita to upload it, went to another room and downloaded it on the Vita TV.

Sadly, I'm someone who collects psp games (it's a small collection) and have played a bunch of the games mentioned doe that system.

Currently waiting on Summon Night 5 release ... I actually pre ordered that for PSP :D

Thank you all for the suggestions. I have some googling and reading to do at work today.

No, my instructions work for any game and are immediate (pending you are on PS+) and tested by me. When I got my Vita a little over a week ago first thing I had to do was update both systems so I could use my PS+ online storage so I could upload saves from my PSTV and then immediately download them to my Vita. I sat on my couch with the PSTV on the tv and vita next to me and ran through the process and it worked perfectly.

The only "hold" so to speak is the normal lag in letting the systems do it automatically in the middle of the night because system 1 will upload the save but system 2 will be finished getting it's new stuff before system 1 is done so it'll take another day for system 2 to see there is a new save to download. Of course as long as System 1 uploads the save at night you can manually go in and download it anytime with system 2 (per my simple instructions). You don't have to wait.

There used to be a 24-hour hold on PSN device data swaps, but that's been gone for quite a long time now (i.e. a couple years). I hated that policy when I was swapping saves between my living room and bedroom PS3s.

Found a stack of Marvel vs Capcom 3 at Walmart. Sadly they rang up $29.96. Hopefully they get clearanced at some point, but I doubt it. Same store has a pile of WarioWare DIY on DS for $34.96 each!

Found a stack of Marvel vs Capcom 3 at Walmart. Sadly they rang up $29.96. Hopefully they get clearanced at some point, but I doubt it. Same store has a pile of WarioWare DIY on DS for $34.96 each!
Walmart is the worst store when it comes to marking down games. I almost never even bother checking them anymore.

On the subject of cloud storage, it saved me a huge headache a while ago. My 64gb Vita memory card somehow got corrupted, wouldn't let me add more games, and reported a total capacity of zero bytes, even though it was about 3/4 full. Without thinking, I reformatted the card, and I had a Terraria game save with many hours of work and elaborate buildings/world. I panicked and thought it was all gone. Re-downloaded Terraria, restored the save from the cloud, and everything was still there, nothing lost. To me, having PS+ just for this reason is well worth it!

Do saves automatically upload to the cloud with PS Plus? Do you have to manually upload each save?
It's automatic, as long as you have enough free cloud space. You can toggle it on or off for each game independently.

EDIT - er... wait. I guess I'm not sure on Vita. That's how it works for both PS3 & PS4.

It's automatic, as long as you have enough free cloud space. You can toggle it on or off for each game independently.

EDIT - er... wait. I guess I'm not sure on Vita. That's how it works for both PS3 & PS4.
You can toggle vita games to upload saves independently too.

I'm all for complaining about prices and stuff but it's $35 on amazon for a new copy of Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 for vita and $25 to get a used copy at Gamestop. $30 doesn't seem a bad price to me. Sure it's not huge savings but even with tax that price at Walmart is still better than Amazon if you want to secure a new copy.

I have gotten some good deals at Walmart on Vita games. Sure they aren't the best in the world for game deals, but I've bought some good stuff there for cheap. Same for getting a deluxe/le version of a game for a lot less than the rack price by buying on Walmart.com and doing same day delivery site to store. Heck I saved some money on an iPod Touch back in the day for one of my kids by doing that little trick in store on my phone and walking around a few minutes while the clerk filled the order.

I visited two Target stores today, and one had a single Vita game (BL2) and the other had none. I think it's getting close to them being gone, so you might want to stop by sooner than later.

Walmart is the worst store when it comes to marking down games. I almost never even bother checking them anymore.
A somewhat remote Walmart still has the Assassin's Creed III CE at $120. Another has PS2 memory cards for full retail also (can't remember the price, it is blocked from my memory).

Sounds like how Sears used to be when they had games. Their electronic section was generally understaffed and had little attention paid to it, so you would see three-year old games in the case that were still $59.99. Some TRU stores that I have visited have had this issue as well.  

Best Buy has been weirdly erratic lately. Mine pretty much cleared out the vita section down to like a few copies of 3 old games and hadn't gotten in any new vita games in a long time. Yet, out of nowhere, they stocked a bunch of copies of the new Danganronpa of all things.
Wow, I'll definitely go there to check it out then. Thanks! I'd really love another retail store to buy vita games. Everywhere besides gamestop seems to only want to sell me Lego games and spongbob. It's like they want me to be alone and never find the perfect waifu!

On a side not I'm not sure if you remember the trade in deal they had going on about a month ago, but they offered me twenty five cents for Danganronpa (not that I would have traded it anyway, but I just thought it was just one of the crazier things I've seen as far as crazy trade in offers. I wonder what they'd give me for Oreshika maybe fifty cents since it's harder to find?)

No and I don't think it ever has. I've literally hit the button on my Vita to upload it, went to another room and downloaded it on the Vita TV.
No, my instructions work for any game and are immediate (pending you are on PS+) and tested by me. When I got my Vita a little over a week ago first thing I had to do was update both systems so I could use my PS+ online storage so I could upload saves from my PSTV and then immediately download them to my Vita. I sat on my couch with the PSTV on the tv and vita next to me and ran through the process and it worked perfectly.

The only "hold" so to speak is the normal lag in letting the systems do it automatically in the middle of the night because system 1 will upload the save but system 2 will be finished getting it's new stuff before system 1 is done so it'll take another day for system 2 to see there is a new save to download. Of course as long as System 1 uploads the save at night you can manually go in and download it anytime with system 2 (per my simple instructions). You don't have to wait.
Huh. Good to know, thanks. Well there definitely was in the past and still is i think, at least on ps3 games. I remember tying to transfer some ps3 saves i was using between the downstairs and bedroom one recently and it wouldn't let me because of the hold

There used to be a 24-hour hold on PSN device data swaps, but that's been gone for quite a long time now (i.e. a couple years). I hated that policy when I was swapping saves between my living room and bedroom PS3s.
Pretty sure thats not true. I tried transfering a save from one ps3 to another via cloud recently (like a few months back) and it wouldn't let me because of the 24 hour hold. I had to break out a USB stick

Huh. Good to know, thanks. Well there definitely was in the past and still is i think, at least on ps3 games. I remember tying to transfer some ps3 saves i was using between the downstairs and bedroom one recently and it wouldn't let me because of the hold
PS3/PS4 there's a delay because they don't immediately upload/download to the cloud generally. The Vita does it as soon as you hit the button.

Wow, I'll definitely go there to check it out then. Thanks! I'd really love another retail store to buy vita games. Everywhere besides gamestop seems to only want to sell me Lego games and spongbob. It's like they want me to be alone and never find the perfect waifu!

On a side not I'm not sure if you remember the trade in deal they had going on about a month ago, but they offered me twenty five cents for Danganronpa (not that I would have traded it anyway, but I just thought it was just one of the crazier things I've seen as far as crazy trade in offers. I wonder what they'd give me for Oreshika maybe fifty cents since it's harder to find?)
The twenty five cents just means they don't want to sell used Vita games. Every Vita game has that trade-in value. My Best Buy is already better than most because they have stacks of Persona DAN, Dengeki Bunko, and Dungeon Travelers 2, but most stores have no Vita games at all.

The twenty five cents just means they don't want to sell used Vita games. Every Vita game has that trade-in value. My Best Buy is already better than most because they have stacks of Persona DAN, Dengeki Bunko, and Dungeon Travelers 2, but most stores have no Vita games at all.
I'm gonna see if I can make it there today. Those are all games that I'm actually interested in, so this is pretty great news for me.

I really need to pick up Blood Drive before Halloween too, so if they have it it's mine!

(Otherwise I guess I'll carve a pumpkin and watch Charlie Brown with a disappointed look on my face instead)

I'm gonna see if I can make it there today. Those are all games that I'm actually interested in, so this is pretty great news for me.

I really need to pick up Blood Drive before Halloween too, so if they have it it's mine!

(Otherwise I guess I'll carve a pumpkin and watch Charlie Brown with a disappointed look on my face instead)
I1PeS0u.png

The Best Buy I work at hast a handful of used games, lots of Launch Edition copies of Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, one copy of Farming Simulator 16, and a couple copies of Corpse Party. Oddly not a single copy of P4:DAN or Dengeki Bunko.

That's the spirit!

Unfortunately, I live in a neighborhood where if I make a nice pumpkin, it will look like Sachiko got to it by the time the kids and drunks get done with it though.

The Best Buy I work at hast a handful of used games, lots of Launch Edition copies of Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, one copy of Farming Simulator 16, and a couple copies of Corpse Party. Oddly not a single copy of P4:DAN or Dengeki Bunko.
I just wish the P4:DAN LE price wasn't so steep. I never actually played a rhythm game before, other than a little bit of rock band, since my ex girlfriend liked it, so I'm not even sure if I'll like it at all. I figured I would for the story alone, but after playing Persona Q I'm not too sure.

(Do the characters have more to their personalities this time other than the one dimensional "I like protein" "I like meat" type stuff?)

That's the spirit!

Unfortunately, I live in a neighborhood where if I make a nice pumpkin, it will look like Sachiko got to it by the time the kids and drunks get done with it though.

I just wish the P4:DAN LE price wasn't so steep. I never actually played a rhythm game before, other than a little bit of rock band, since my ex girlfriend liked it, so I'm not even sure if I'll like it at all. I figured I would for the story alone, but after playing Persona Q I'm not too sure.

(Do the characters have more to their personalities this time other than the one dimensional "I like protein" "I like meat" type stuff?)
P4:DAN has a story?

...it's a rhythm game; I highly doubt it has any form of substantial character development other than goofy outfits for the characters and extremely weeb dlc.

You'll be fine without it

TRUST ME

(I also dislike project diva, seems really boring to me idk)

P4DAN has a pretty good story compared to the other spin offs. The first half is pretty boring, but the 2nd half picks up very quickly. 

You need to play/beat the story to unlock the Hardest Difficulty, All Night Mode, Margaret and a few of the songs. 

My BB order of DT2 arrived today and it is the pre-order edition with bonus "The Ladies of Dungeon Travelers 2" calendar:

dgmYW6B.jpg

Hotness >.>)b

Dancing All Night was the best Vita game to come out in quite a while, IMO. The game parts are solid, the story is decent (and fairly long considering what type of game it is) and the soundtrack is killer. All that and obtaining the platinum is fun as well.

It probably shouldn't have an higher MSRP, but it is certainly worth every penny.

Now if only Atlus would figure out that most people who would buy a Persona rhythm game are probably weebs who want JP audio. Not that I have an issue with dubs specifically but the Persona ones tend to be pretty bad.

Now if only Atlus would figure out that most people who would buy a Persona rhythm game are probably weebs who want JP audio. Not that I have an issue with dubs specifically but the Persona ones tend to be pretty bad.
I'm fine with dubs too but if you aren't going to offer dual audio than it better be pretty damn good.

Sounds like how Sears used to be when they had games. Their electronic section was generally understaffed and had little attention paid to it, so you would see three-year old games in the case that were still $59.99. Some TRU stores that I have visited have had this issue as well.
That's only if you didn't pay attention to the Sears clearance thread because games might be stickered at full price but ring up at 2.97 back in the good ol days.

Best Buy has had some fantastic deals for Vita games both used and new but none of the stores ever have the games and they aren't available online either. Unfortunate because I would buy loads.

Best Buy has had some fantastic deals for Vita games both used and new but none of the stores ever have the games and they aren't available online either. Unfortunate because I would buy loads.
We're all likely SOL on used because almost no one is going to bother trading a game in for 2 bits.

My BB order of DT2 arrived today and it is the pre-order edition with bonus "The Ladies of Dungeon Travelers 2" calendar:
dgmYW6B.jpg

Hotness >.>)b
I am intrigued by this game but I am a little wary of playing these "fan service" games and having my young children see the "fan service" . I would like my children to wait until later in life before realizing daddy's a pervert

bread's done
Back