PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
The overall quality (regardless of genre and if you like that genre or not) of games on the Vita is exceptionally high. The number of just outright bad games is pretty low and there are no physically released shovelware games and very few digital games that I would consider on that level. It reminds me a lot of the Dreamcast in that sense.
I actually compared the Vita to the DC the other day to buddies of mine, heh. The quality level of Vita games is definitely better than most, especially over the DS, which was a breeding ground for shovelware.

Finished Child of Light last night and really hope that the game gets a sequel. Really enjoyed it and the art style is top notch.

Speaking of shovelware, when I went to Best Buy the other day they had "My Stop Smoking Coach" used for $10. Unfortunately, it was for the DS though.
Maybe I should go on Twitter and ask about a vita port. (If it's a "plus" version they could throw in things like alcohol and opiate coaching too!)

I finished Child of Light as well, a few weeks ago. Great RPG for those who aren't die-hard RPG fans. The menus and abilities screens never become too cumbersome to navigate, everything is kept simple enough to keep moving forward.

I was "grinding" a little bit out of a sense that it was going to be necessary, but I managed to beat the end boss without too much trouble, so I'm not sure the game ever intended to make people "grind", I had just assumed to do so because it was an RPG.  

I actually compared the Vita to the DC the other day to buddies of mine, heh. The quality level of Vita games is definitely better than most, especially over the DS, which was a breeding ground for shovelware.
DS was more like the PS2... plenty of fantastic games but some shovelware to avoid. Dreamcast you could pretty much buy anything that was interesting looking and it would be a decent game (minus a couple stinkers). But for the DS, much of the shovelware was pretty obvious. There was a big difference between random Garfield game and The World Ends With You or one of the other exceptional DS games.

I'm looking forward to playing Child of Light. I bought a copy already... but just want to play through One Piece UWR first. Normally building a large backlog seems a bit crazy but with the Vita it seems like the longer I wait to get some games in physical form the better chance that just wont happen without paying a penalty. So, I don't mind at all building a little library first. I think I'm up to 25 physical games or so now. My last order to Amazon included Tokyo Twilight, Disgaea 4 & MGS HD Collection... and it should be here today or tomorrow. I know there was some talk about Tokyo Twilight over the weekend, I bought it because I watched a video demonstration of the strategy game component. I like strategy games and it looked challenging in the same way you play Chess and anticipate your opponent to trap them.

I wish I went to that school. The only thing I got for doing that was a visit to a gynecologist's office to make sure this girl wasn't pregnant.
2D>3D
pic07hifumi.jpg

Edit:
I finished Child of Light as well, a few weeks ago. Great RPG for those who aren't die-hard RPG fans.
This. I see the appeal, but it was really boring to me. And the Ubisoft developers optimize like shit.

Sounds like some people in this thread just don't like Japanese-styled games with even a hint of being anime-ish.

And to those I ask, why do you even have a Vita in the first place? It's kind of a machine for that. But just because you're gonna view all games of that nature to be "shovelware", that doesn't make it so. They are not all great, but as been proven by ppl, far from shovelware. There are some true gems if you give them a chance.

But its far too easy to troll so I can see why ppl like that would, I guess.
I have a vita for Grav Rush, WipEOut 2048, DJMax Technika Tune, P4G and Freedom Wars, mostly.

Plus the odd ps+ game.

Edit: Dragon's Crown and the like, you know?

I can't think of the full list while I'm at work ;_;

As for a good price for a Vita... I just paid the retail $200+tax for mine a couple weeks ago and am very happy not actually trying to get a better deal. It was the Borderlands 2 bundle so I didn't have to just go out and buy a memory card at the same time nor deal with potential issues with a used system. I can wait as long as I want on upgrading to a 64gb card. For indie games and ps1/psp classics 8gb is not the end of the world.. I have 36 games installed on my Vita's 8gb card. For the bigger retail games I'll mainly stick with the physical carts for now. If you can hold out another few weeks though it'll be interesting to see what ends up in the black friday ads (I'd imagine most will be revealed even sooner than a few weeks). But the Borderlands 2 bundle is disappearing fast and in North America there are no new bundles at this point (EU got a couple though). Still part of the reason the Borderlands 2 bundle may have disappeared was to build up stock for Black Friday. Whatever the case... it's a great system for the genre it's so strong in.

Dang straight. Add to that Shovelware is typically launched at a much lower price than the typical retail games to help capitalize on the unsuspecting consumer. I think these days most Shovelware is the freemium garbage that pollutes gaming. Though I'm also not fond of devs making games and then cutting content out to release days later as DLC. The full priced incomplete game crap to nickle and dime the consumer is just something I don't support.

The overall quality (regardless of genre and if you like that genre or not) of games on the Vita is exceptionally high. The number of just outright bad games is pretty low and there are no physically released shovelware games and very few digital games that I would consider on that level. It reminds me a lot of the Dreamcast in that sense.
WOW you got 36 physical games installed on Vita's 8gb card? I think a few of mine have 3 to 4 gig updates

I finished Child of Light as well, a few weeks ago. Great RPG for those who aren't die-hard RPG fans. The menus and abilities screens never become too cumbersome to navigate, everything is kept simple enough to keep moving forward.

I was "grinding" a little bit out of a sense that it was going to be necessary, but I managed to beat the end boss without too much trouble, so I'm not sure the game ever intended to make people "grind", I had just assumed to do so because it was an RPG.
I did the same thing. I got to level 45+ with everyone in the party. Then when you face the final boss realized as long as you just used light attacks, you were OP. But still, the game was great and a very easy 100% for trophy hunters (sadly no platinum trophy).

I have a vita for Grav Rush, WipEOut 2048, DJMax Technika Tune, P4G and Freedom Wars, mostly.

Plus the odd ps+ game.

Edit: Dragon's Crown and the like, you know?

I can't think of the full list while I'm at work ;_;
Are you psyched for Superbeat Xonic?? I know I can't freaking wait for it. Got the LE X-otic edition too.

Are you psyched for Superbeat Xonic?? I know I can't freaking wait for it. Got the LE X-otic edition too.
When I heard about it, nothing was avail. for pre-order, and I eventually forgot. So, I missed the LE. Darn.

That said, I'm iffy on it, since it's not DJMax itself.

When I heard about it, nothing was avail. for pre-order, and I eventually forgot. So, I missed the LE. Darn.

That said, I'm iffy on it, since it's not DJMax itself.
Fair enough. But also to be fair DJMAX Technika was a pretty big departure from the original DJMax, gameplay-wise, so it could still be good, yes?

WOW you got 36 physical games installed on Vita's 8gb card? I think a few of mine have 3 to 4 gig updates
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I have 36 digital games installed on my 8gig card... and one physical game (so far) installed (One Piece has no big updates). I'll install physical games as I actually play them and delete old installs (with saves backed up to the PS+ Cloud) as they are completed. Same with digital games, once I've 100% finished them or just am sick of em, I'll backup the saves then delete the game from my system.

Currently installed digital games (typed as I was looking through the system):

The Swapper

La-Mulana Ex

Dragon Fantasy Book 1

Fez

Flying Hamster HD

OlliOlli

OlliOlli 2

Pocket God Vs Desert Ashes

Desert Ashes

Organ Trail

Kung Fu Rabbit

Minecraft

Muramasa Rebirth

Z-Run

Guacamelee!

Don't Starve Giant Edition

Home

Retro City Rampage DX

Luftrausers

The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth

SteamWorld Dig

Shovel Knight

Terraria

Super Meat Boy!

Limbo

MechoWars

Mighty Flip Champs DX

Dungeon Explorer

Patapon

Harvest Moon Back To Nature

Fighting Force

Strider 2

Extreme Pinball

Magic Carpet

Castlevania SotN

The King of Fighters '99

Still got 891MB Free on a measly 8gig card

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I have 36 digital games installed on my 8gig card... and one physical game (so far) installed (One Piece has no big updates). I'll install physical games as I actually play them and delete old installs (with saves backed up to the PS+ Cloud) as they are completed. Same with digital games, once I've 100% finished them or just am sick of em, I'll backup the saves then delete the game from my system.

Currently installed digital games (typed as I was looking through the system):

The Swapper

La-Mulana Ex

Dragon Fantasy Book 1

Fez

Flying Hamster HD

OlliOlli

OlliOlli 2

Pocket God Vs Desert Ashes

Desert Ashes

Organ Trail

Kung Fu Rabbit

Minecraft

Muramasa Rebirth

Z-Run

Guacamelee!

Don't Starve Giant Edition

Home

Retro City Rampage DX

Luftrausers

The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth

SteamWorld Dig

Shovel Knight

Terraria

Super Meat Boy!

Limbo

MechoWars

Mighty Flip Champs DX

Dungeon Explorer

Patapon

Harvest Moon Back To Nature

Fighting Force

Strider 2

Extreme Pinball

Magic Carpet

Castlevania SotN

The King of Fighters '99

Still got 891MB Free on a measly 8gig card
5b5rap.jpg

When you say "One physical game installed" do you mean you don't have to have the card on you? I assume not, but I'm just curious. Thought I might have missed some cool feature.

When you say "One physical game installed" do you mean you don't have to have the card on you? I assume not, but I'm just curious. Thought I might have missed some cool feature.
No, I just mean the standard of when you stick a game cart/card in for the first time it runs an installation program that puts some stuff on the system to handle the save, throw an icon on the system, and allow patches and stuff to download when available. Some games have massive patches and stuff but so far (2 weeks in) the first physical game I've run it's install on was One Piece Unlimited World Red which has no massive patches or other stuff to deal with. One Piece is actually just over 2 Megabytes.

It might be cool if they gave the option of doing a full install, but I personally wouldn't use it outside of maybe some smaller games. I don't mind changing carts.

How can anyone not like Jade? He's awesome! Abyss will always be my favorite (4th playthrough of PS2 and 2nd on 3DS)
Well he is a giant ass who like everyone in the party sans natalia withheld crucial information the entire game. I like and hate the guy. He's funny but he's also a jerk who had no right to throw a single insult when he's equally incompetent and without him the entire plot of the game would of never happened.

The amount of Gamefaqs quality conversation that spams up every thread is getting put of hand. It's getting too difficult to wade through all of thy bullshit to actually find the deals.

The amount of Gamefaqs quality conversation that spams up every thread is getting put of hand. It's getting too difficult to wade through all of thy bullshit to actually find the deals.
So click the link only posts at the top and go about because we're doing just fine without your two cents.

Dammit...it's hard to keep up with what everyone's saying in the Gamefaqs quality conversation when I have to wade through posts complaining about the Gamefaqs quality conversation. :D

There's an option at the top that says Link Posts Only.
So click the link only posts at the top and go about because we're doing just fine without your two cents.
Don't tell them, it's more fun to annoy them.

Free shipping on all orders at Best Buy for the holiday season.
It looks like this year they may possibly have had the sense to bump Elite members up to free expedited as well (not sure about Elite Plus) since it's kind of a slap in the face to have your main benefit just given to all the dirty masses.

bread's done
Back